• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rhythm Heaven Fever |OT| "Wubadubaduba is that true?"

Boney

Banned
I'm pissed because I can pick this up tomorrow and my Wii, which was repaired and "shipped" back to me Thursday, still hasn't shown up on UPS tracking at all. I think it's still sitting somewhere in the building at NOA's repair contractor.

Okay, rage vent over. Enjoy the game, and I will when I get my chance! The little bit I played last E3 was pretty fantastic. Might be as good as the GBA original was.

My brother took away the HDD I got in order to play this and Zelda, so I'm not playing it anytime soon.

HylianTom

Banned
So.. I sat down and watched the videos in the OP. Then I watched some more.

Sold. I haven't bought a game like this since EBA, and this one's music has been stuck in my head already. (I woke-up humming the Night Walk music.)

Tookay

I also don't like the "You go big buy" in that part. In japanese, the girl says "oooh sugoi desu ne", which amounts to "Great isn't it?". I don't see why they had to take a strange.. condescending tone with the interviewer in english.

Not sure how the tone is condescending in the English version. The VA sounds earnest to me.

dock

Oh wait, it is getting a European release, but it has a ridiculous name.

"Beat the Beat: Rhythm Paradise." :(

Almost as bad as when Kororinpa 2 was called "Marbles! Balance Challenge".

rpmurphy

I think the translation should be closer to "Wow, that's awesome!" in that context rather than posed as a question. So yeah, "You go big guy!" is just fine.

Firemind

Yeah, in that context it's supposed to show she's impressed after he confirms whatever it is she's asking by nodding, so the English translation fits well enough. She just sounds a bit too tomboyish for my liking. I also prefer pikipikipiki.

Rarutos

Hmm, I'm starting to wonder whether the date listed is the release or the shipping date. Amazon says I won't have my copy until Thursday, but I'd totally cancel it and go out and buy a copy if it was in stores today...

dock said:

Yeah, I'm pretty sure it's been confirmed for European release for a while now. I guess just putting TBA makes people think that it hasn't been announced at all yet... I meant that the release date is TBA, not the game itself... Maybe I should add a Q1 in there or something.

And yes, I agree that the European title is very silly.

watershed

Banned
I watched some videos of this on the 3ds eshop and now I really hope we get a 3ds Rhythm game soon. The funky 2d art would be awesome in 3d. In fact I hope it's one of the expanded audience games Iwata mentioned for this year.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
On GBA it was too small and the sound quality was never all that great so I had trouble getting into the rhythm. On DS I just could not enjoy touch screen use and got frustrated. Here with just buttons and a wide display to see it all, I'm doing well and having fun.

Every bit of it makes me smiles and it's all thanks to being on a home console so nothing gets in the way of the fun.

Kokonoe

Banned
I usually prefer dubs, but I think the JPN interviewer sounds better. I'll definitely be picking this game up, if all else fails i'm sure I can just swap files around in the english one, to have the original sounds or something. (Voices so far are still good though)
I wonder how good the Daisuke Rap is in the English version?

PS: I think the voice actor for the English one sounds like the voice actor who does Kari from Digimon.

Balb

On GBA it was too small and the sound quality was never all that great so I had trouble getting into the rhythm. On DS I just could not enjoy touch screen use and got frustrated. Here with just buttons and a wide display to see it all, I'm doing well and having fun.

Every bit of it makes me smiles and it's all thanks to being on a home console so nothing gets in the way of the fun.

Yeah I played through some of the mini-games in the DS version a few days ago in preparation for this new game and I forgot how much unnecessary tension I feel when playing the game just because I'm never confident in the touch screen controls.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Yeah I played through some of the mini-games in the DS version a few days ago in preparation for this new game and I forgot how much unnecessary tension I feel when playing the game just because I'm never confident in the touch screen controls.

Seriously? They work absolutely perfectly, honestly it was like babbys first stylus controls. Tap. Flick. That's it. I don't think I ever made a mistake that wasn't timing related. I guess for some people non-button controls can be really challenging, because apparently people think Skyward Sword and DKCR are hard to play as well.

Haunted

Why are all of the reward pictures so small? They look so lost with huge black borders all around. Almost makes it look like these were made for a DS version or something.

Balb

Seriously? They work absolutely perfectly, honestly it was like babbys first stylus controls. Tap. Flick. That's it. I don't think I ever made a mistake that wasn't timing related. I guess for some people non-button controls can be really challenging, because apparently people think Skyward Sword and DKCR are hard to play as well.

It's not that the touch-screen gestures were hard to execute in theory. Like I said I just lacked confidence in the game registering the gestures consistently in time with the on-screen visual cues. It just didn't feel right to me.

As for the second part of your post yeah I input the code that allows for Classic Controller support for DKCR because I felt like the motion controls were sort of gratuitously implemented. Had no issues with the Skyward Sword controls though.

TimeKillr

The sound quality wasn't that bad in the GBA version - in fact, it's still my favorite. I still love some of the remixes in it so damn much it's not even funny - this one always stands out - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MmCFntdxgaU I love what they did with the tapping monkeys, the theme change for the slingshot thing (originally it's guys shooting arrows at a ninja). The only weak game in the GBA version is the calligraphy one (the beat is always messed up, it took me FOREVER to perfect it, compared to the other ones).

I like the DS version too, but there are other problems with it, like the Moai. The Moai game was greatly hampered by the not as precise controls on the touch screen.

Hopefully the Wii version doesn't suffer from too much input lag. That's the one thing that scares the hell out of me - for a game that requires so much precision, if you can't adjust the lag or do something about it, it'll quickly becomes needlessly difficult just by virtue of that. :(

Ataturk

Almost as bad as when Kororinpa 2 was called "Marbles! Balance Challenge".
That is woeful, you have to wonder what they're thinking when they come up with this.

Fuck, Amazon is sold out already? For whatever reason I was waiting to order it (in spite of owning and importing every other Rhythm Heaven), so now I'll have to forgo using Amazon credit and buy it from Gamestop.

Fuck, Amazon is sold out already? For whatever reason I was waiting to order it (in spite of owning and importing every other Rhythm Heaven), so now I'll have to forgo using Amazon credit and buy it from Gamestop.

Why is Amazon out of stock with Nintendo stuff lately? They haven't been directly selling a 3DS in months. Annoying. If the 3DS is because of that scratched-screen thing, just let it go, we can deal.

Gameboy415

I wonder if Nintendo under-produced this game. It isn't available on BestBuy.com or Gamestop.com either.

Yeah, and the stock locator (for Gamestop) says no stores in a 100 mile radius of my house have it in stock!? :O

I wonder if they did do a limited shipment considering how many copies of the DS game ended up on clearance....?

Tyeforce

GAAAHHHH!! I'M FREAKING SICK OF RETAILERS NOT HAVING GAMES IN STOCK WHEN THEY'RE SUPPOSED TO BE RELEASED!

Every single Monday release from Nintendo. Every single one. And what makes it even worse is when they tell me that the release date is on Tuesday. Excuse me, you don't know what your talking about, the release date is today, not tomorrow, so please shut the hell up. >_>

...*breaths* Okay, lol. Well...has anyone else had any luck finding the game today in the US? If so, where?! I've checked GameStop, Best Buy, Target, and Toys "R" Us, and nothing. =/ I kinda really need it today, because it's supposed to be a Valentine's Day gift...

Struct09

GAAAHHHH!! I'M FREAKING SICK OF RETAILERS NOT HAVING GAMES IN STOCK WHEN THEY'RE SUPPOSED TO BE RELEASED!

Every single Monday release from Nintendo. Every single one. And what makes it even worse is when they tell me that the release date is on Tuesday. Excuse me, you don't know what your talking about, the release date is today, not tomorrow, so please shut the hell up. >_>

...*breaths* Okay, lol. Well...has anyone else had any luck finding the game today in the US? If so, where?! I've checked GameStop, Best Buy, Target, and Toys "R" Us, and nothing. =/ I kinda really need it today, because it's supposed to be a Valentine's Day gift...

Nintendo's Monday releases are not street dated, it's just the day that the game is released from the carriers to the retailers. So it's more like a ship date, and while some retailers may get it today most will not get it until tomorrow. It's always been like that for Nintendo's Monday releases.

creid

Yeah, unless the game is massive, stores will generally get the game a day after the advertised release date. This is nothing new.

Yeah, unless the game is massive, stores will generally get the game a day after the advertised release date. This is nothing new.

I was going to say this seems the same for a bunch of releases from nintendo... unless something was way different, this is no surprise to me.

Tyeforce

Nintendo's Monday releases are not street dated, it's just the day that the game is released from the carriers to the retailers. So it's more like a ship date, and while some retailers may get it today most will not get it until tomorrow. It's always been like that for Nintendo's Monday releases.
So I've heard before. It just pisses me off. Why do they call it a release date if it's actually not?!

dock

On GBA it was too small and the sound quality was never all that great so I had trouble getting into the rhythm.
If you play the GBA game through the Gameboy Player on Gamecube you can hear how great the audio quality is. It's probably the GBA speaker that's letting it down for you.

I just got back from my local Gamestop. They said that they don't show the game as coming out today. They say tomorrow is the "ship date", but they have no idea when they will get any. If I pre-order it, though, they'll make sure they hold one for me ;)

Seik

Banned
It seems fun and price is cheap, high interest in this one.

It's not that the touch-screen gestures were hard to execute in theory. Like I said I just lacked confidence in the game registering the gestures consistently in time with the on-screen visual cues. It just didn't feel right to me.

As for the second part of your post yeah I input the code that allows for Classic Controller support for DKCR because I felt like the motion controls were sort of gratuitously implemented. Had no issues with the Skyward Sword controls though.

Wha-wha-whaaat? There is a code for allowing CC for DKCR? I want that shit right now!! O_O Wow, why didn't they just, like, allow it without any codes, that's stoopid.

ultron87

33 dollars on Amazon?!? Boooooo. (From a third party seller, Amazon is actually back ordered.)

Fine, I'll just go to Best Buy.

zroid

Banned
Sigh. Pre-ordered on bestbuy.ca a month ago but it's still not in stock. Tried to get it in-store this morning but not there either. Rage!

On another note, I need to get the definitive word on this...

Which is it:

"Wubadubadub is that true?"

"Wubadubaduba 'zat true?"

This is important, people. Seriously.

Tyeforce

Sigh. Pre-ordered on bestbuy.ca a month ago but it's still not in stock. Tried to get it in-store this morning but not there either. Rage!

On another note, I need to get the definitive word on this...

Which is it:

"Wubadubadub is that true?"

"Wubadubaduba 'zat true?"

This is important, people. Seriously.
I always heard it as "Wubadubaduba's that true?"

Rarutos

Seems like most stores won't have the game today, so call the store before going if you want to make sure. :(

Target's weekly ad for example says they won't get it until after 5 PM tomorrow.

Tyeforce

I've seen that before -- but it just seems a bit awkward to pose a question with "that true?" so I whittled the possibilities (in my mind) down to the other two. :)
It's not just "that true?", there's an "is" before that, though it's contracted after "Wubadubaduba" with an apostrophe. "Wubadubaduba's that true?"

zroid

Banned
It's not just "that true?", there's an "is" before that, though it's contracted after "Wubadubaduba" with an apostrophe. "Wubadubaduba's that true?"

Errmm, I don't think words contract like that. By lumping the "is" with the gibberish, it implies that the gibberish is the subject of the question, which it obviously isn't. Just replace wubadubaduba with any noun and it's clear that no matter what you might be referring to in such an instance, it doesn't quite jibe.

Rather than "Wubadubaduba's that true?", you are hearing "Wubadubaduba 'zat true?" 'zat is simply 'sthat (is that) contracted and said quickly.

I have already spent roughly 10000% more time discussing this than anyone ever should in their lifetimes. :p

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Errmm, I don't think words contract like that. By lumping the "is" with the gibberish, it implies that the gibberish is the subject of the question, which it obviously isn't. Just replace wubadubaduba with any noun and it's clear that no matter what you might be referring to in such an instance, it doesn't quite jibe.

Rather than "Wubadubaduba's that true?", you are hearing "Wubadubaduba 'zat true?" 'zat is simply 'sthat (is that) contracted and said quickly.

I have already spent roughly 10000% more time discussing this than anyone ever should in their lifetimes. :p

To me it sounds clear that she says "Wubadubadub, is that true?". Now you can get on with your life.

Downhome

I just got an email from Best Buy that my $5 pre-order price mistake will be ready to pick up tomorrow, and have been charged for it as well. I can't wait!

I just got back from picking up my order at BB on my lunch break. I didn't get the "your item is ready for pick up" email though. I had a couple Blu-rays I ordered ($5.99 for The Conversation and Evil Dead 2!) and I got the email for those this morning. I went to pick those up and while I was there I just asked to see if they had this game for me. They didn't have it pulled, it wasn't on the floor yet, but they called back to the warehouse and had someone pull it for me. They said they didn't have hardly any of them as well.

So flat out ask if they can check the back at least.

If you guys want it, I'd try and find it ASAP just to be on the safe side.

Chairhome

go to bestbuy.com
search for the game
check stores for availability.

I have a few stores with it in stock near me, I probably won't be able to pick it up till tomorrow though.

Top Bottom