• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rise of the Triad |OT| RocketMinigun not OP

SparkTR

Maybe I was playing with you.

Even on low settings and on 1024x768, it runs really bad.

Strangely, I played b2 and bioshock at 60fps and medium-ish settings with no problems.

I've got a i5/560Ti and I get 40-60fps completely maxed out in singleplayer, so could be a MP specific issue.

Refyref

So THIS is what Dave meant by "2 knives"...

5ACF3E84A48E5248049CB786B742681AF38ED02A

EDIT: As for performance, the game runs fine for me on my 6950HD.

I've got a i5/560Ti and I get 40-60fps completely maxed out in singleplayer, so could be a MP specific issue.

It runs similarly bad for me in SP as well. The weird part is there is no difference going from medium to high settings, going to Ludicrous doesn't even drop it that much more than high either :/

Edit: and I just checked and I am on the newest Nvidia drivers, the only thing I can think of is that Windows 8 just sucks shit. Anybody else with an iffy framerate running on W8?

Although I'm really looking forward to buying this, I may just hold off and wait for the inevitable first price drop because of the immense backlog I'm currently attempting to wade through first before picking up new games.

Who am I kidding, I'll cave within the hour

Although I'm really looking forward to buying this, I may just hold off and wait for the inevitable first price drop because of the immense backlog I'm currently attempting to wade through first before picking up new games.

Who am I kidding, I'll cave within the hour

You should cave, it's lots of fun so far.

game is a bit of a resource hog though...maybe all of those console ports spoiled me.

Uiki

It runs similarly bad for me in SP as well. The weird part is there is no difference going from medium to high settings, going to Ludicrous doesn't even drop it that much more than high either :/

Edit: and I just checked and I am on the newest Nvidia drivers, the only thing I can think of is that Windows 8 just sucks shit. Anybody else with an iffy framerate running on W8?

Same for me. Single player runs a little bit better but nowhere near stable. I got like 10 fps difference between low or max out. Even between 1024x768 and 1080p.

I'm on w8 too.

SparkTR

Is it a lot like the original ROTT?

It's like ROTT, fused with Quake era FPS conventions like rocking jumping, mouse-aiming and more vertical levels. In regards to how crazy the game is (drunken missiles, dog mode etc) it's exactly like ROTT.

On another note, I love how they included iron sights and reloading when they do absolutely nothing in-game.

The level intro videos are so horribly compressed, why have them in that state :/

Crashed upon joining a server, hopefully I can get in.

I wonder what everyone else is running, I've watched a number of videos and streams and none of them had any issues. No terrible FPS issues, no crashes, nothing. I'm sure the issues anyone is having will be patched soon enough, I'm just wondering what is causing it.

I really hate when games require you to make another account to play online while already being on Steam. Really, really hate that.

Oneironaut

Neo Member
It's very buggy, but still a lot of fun. I'm taking a break now after the second time in a single area where I got stuck behind a spike wall.

This game has a good excuse for it, though. It's there in order for people who bought it from different stores to play together.

This. They made their own unified interface so that players can play together regardless of where they purchased the game. It makes perfect sense, and in my opinion it's really not that big of a deal. Sign in once, check a box so it saves your info, boom.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
Does the game have built in demo recording and movie encoding? Like how in Source games you have the record/playdemo and startmovie commands.

SparkTR

I like how one of the announcer insults in the game is "Stick to a Gamepad".

Anyone else's video settings keep resetting? Everything goes back to medium when I restart the game.

There's an 'Accept Settings' option to the side, maybe you didn't click it?

Anyone else's video settings keep resetting? Everything goes back to medium when I restart the game.

Are you actually hitting accept settings? I forgot to the first time and realized it wasn't saving anything.

And I'm using Windows 8, and have GTX670 and I'm getting a smooth 60 at max settings most of the time. With multiple fire walls going it drops to like 40 though.

finley83

Banned
Possible stuttering fix:

1. Open My Documents\My Games\Rise Of The Triad\ROTTGame\Config\ROTTEngine.ini
2. Search for "bUseBackgroundLevelStreaming=True", change to "bUseBackgroundLevelStreaming=False"

After the first 10 seconds or so it definitely feels a bit smoother. Not sure if this is just confirmation bias on my part so would appreciate if someone else could test for me!

Top Bottom