• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Robert Mueller brings on 16th lawyer, former DoJ official who oversaw fraud unit

Fuck, that might not be a bad idea for the next administration to consider.

It's almost like mass firings of capable people to replace them with witless cronies leaves hundreds or even thousands of very capable people suddenly able to fill prosecuting positions, organize political movements, and generally cause a huge amount of disruption to your nepotistic mess of an organization.

Man, if only there were tens of thousands of instances of this throughout history that Donald Trump could have learned from.

Chumly

Ignoring all other news. This seems like a pretty big indication that something is there. Whether or not it's prosecutable is still up for debate.

I mean I doubt mueller would bring on so many if nothing was being found

Can you even imagine being the lawyer who has to defend Trump against this team? Jesus fucking Christ
imrs.php

Before that, Andres was a federal prosecutor in Brooklyn for over a decade, eventually serving as chief of the criminal division in the U.S. attorney's office there. He prosecuted several members of the Bonanno organized crime family, one of whom was accused of plotting to have Andres killed.

Dudes a badass,

223531_v1.jpg

would the likely depth and width of the Trump family/campaign/presidency possibly work against Mueller.

I mean, it just seems like the guy could be pulling on threads from several different sweaters. Oviously he gets to staff up to handle this sort of thing, but there's no possible way that any sort of quick resolution can occur (2019 sounds about right, maybe even optimistic) and Trump seems dead set on painting new targets to hit. How can this legal dream team ever find a finishing point when there's just likely so damn much to tackle?

would the likely depth and width of the Trump family/campaign/presidency possibly work against Mueller.

I mean, it just seems like the guy could be pulling on threads from several different sweaters. Oviously he gets to staff up to handle this sort of thing, but there's no possible way that any sort of quick resolution can occur (2019 sounds about right, maybe even optimistic) and Trump seems dead set on painting new targets to hit. How can this legal dream team ever find a finishing point when there's just likely so damn much to tackle?

You suggesting these people are more on the level of a Marcia Clark than a Vincent Bugliosi?

Whatever the case may be, my biggest fear is Mueller could end up shepherding a solid case, and nothing happening, the public doesn't care, etc.. because it sometimes feels like the news is being overwhelmed by issues of impropriety, and by the time you have that slam dunk people are too fatigued to be engaged. It's infuriating.

crackhead_bob said:
Whatever the case may be, my biggest fear is Mueller could end up shepherding a solid case, and nothing happening, the public doesn't care, etc.. because it sometimes feels like the news is being overwhelmed by issues of impropriety, and by the time you have that slam dunk people are too fatigued to be engaged. It's infuriating.

This case is not going to be tried in the court of public opinion.

GOP officials are rats that will turn to protect their hides.

Much like the Trump family but there's nobody for them to turn on.

How crafty is Jay Sekelow? I knew of him as Pat Robertson's legal muscle back in the 1990's.

He's a chump who is out of his league.

Kushner would never take him on as counsel.

rec0ded1

At this rate it'll take 5 seasons for Mueller to present all his findings. Each hire will have their own Arc of shit they found.

Mr Swine

Banned
This case is not going to be tried in the court of public opinion.

GOP officials are rats that will turn to protect their hides.

Much like the Trump family but there's nobody for them to turn on.

He's a chump who is out of his league.

Kushner would never take him on as counsel.

Are we sure about that? Isn't there a big risk that Trump supporters would not support GOP/Republicans if Trump gets impeached?

But then again, Trump has thrown shit at everybody so I think they would be more than happy to throw him away

TheOfficeMut

Unconfirmed Member
Are the people on Mueller's team compensated or do they volunteer? If the latter, then that speaks volumes to how hated this Minute Maid POS is. If the former, then that's alright, because I'm sure it isn't as much as they could be making elsewhere.

Sulik2

They have to get this done before the 2018 election for the sake of the long term stability of the USA. I cannot imagine what the elections are going to be like in 2018 if this is still hanging over the head of the country. Work fast and work smart.

Chittagong

Gold Member
Are the people on Mueller's team compensated or do they volunteer? If the latter, then that's considerably more damning in my opinion and speaks volumes of how many people dislike this Minute Maid POS.

I'm sure they are compensated, but keep in mind that they left behind prestigious, probably much better paying, lower grief posts to join.

Top Bottom