• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Robert Mueller brings on 16th lawyer, former DoJ official who oversaw fraud unit

So who's overseeing this committee and who's paying all these salaries??? 16 lawyers and what's the salaries - they better have some results

But Starr's investigation into Whitewater is what eventually led him to the Lewinsky scandal.

Yes, and did that lead to Bill Clinton being convicted by the Senate and removed from office? Nope. Thats why I caution everyone to avoid jumping to conclusions on every little detail coming from Mueller's camp. Everyone wants this to be the next Nixon where it could just as easily be the next Clinton complete with overzealous Democrats being punished at the polls by moderates for spending all their time attacking the President. It is very difficult to remove a president from office via impeachmen(it's never happened before) and the partisan tenor of everything means is highly unlikely enough Republicans will turn on him to do so. Everyone needs to start facing the facts that the two most likely ways if Trump being removed from office is losing at the polls in 2020 or being up against the 2 term limit in 2024.

71otoRz1QdL.jpg

So who's overseeing this committee and who's paying all these salaries??? 16 lawyers and what's the salaries - they better have some results

Why the hell would we be worried about the budget of this investigation vs the 10 Benghazi investigations or the fucking MLB investigations?

Expecting results at end of 2018/early 2019.
Good luck to Mueller and team, they are a constant dark cloud above the WH making Donnie shit himself to sleep every night probably.

cgcg

I can tell you it is a lot less money than the total waste of security details needed for the Orange Turd's seemingly weekly golf trip.

Exile20

If a movie is ever made it has to be a trilogy. So much happens day to day that you can't fit all in 1 movie.

The scaramooochi part is gold in itself that it needs to be fleshed out to do the mooch service.

Ken Starr had an army of specialized lawyers digging into Whitewater. Everyone is setting themselves up for disappointment by making assumptions on every little move. Plus, actually impeaching a president in this increasingly partisan environment might prove impossible. You need 2/3rds of the Senate to vote to impeach and I don't see either party ever getting into that range in the current climate.

This is WAY bigger that Whitewater or even Watergate. There's really no comparison.

As for impeachment given the votes for the Russia sanctions bill, threats of consequences for firing Mueller I wouldn't feel that impeachment is impossible(at least the Senate). Democrats would have to take control of the House i think.

The dog piling has begun. I guess asking questions is out of bounds. I want trump out of the White House as much as anyone else I just keep seeing threads of Mueller hiring more and more people and just asked a question how much is this committee spending? Is that not a valid concern?

We'll save it all back and then some if we can cut Trump's term short at least one year since he won't be able to play golf at the tune of millions per weekend.

The dog piling has begun. I guess asking questions is out of bounds. I want trump out of the White House as much as anyone else I just keep seeing threads of Mueller hiring more and more people and just asked a question how much is this committee spending? Is that not a valid concern?

Not to any rational human being who isn't a fucking concern troll. Take that shit elsewhere.

If you want to be concerned about something, be concerned that massive amounts of taxpayer money is going to rent hotel rooms at places like Mar-A-Lago for security details that a real president like Obama didn't need.

We'll save it all back and then some if we can cut Trump's term short at least one year since he won't be able to play golf at the tune of millions per weekend.

Not to any rational human being who isn't a fucking concern troll. Take that shit elsewhere.

Your first answer was addressing what I wrote Im no concern troll I was just asking a question as I keep seeing him hire more and more people.

I'll see myself out of this thread, honestly just asking a question as to who's overseeing this as well.

BREAKING: Lawyers and the legal system cost money.

The prosecutor for a case involving a convenience store robbery draws a salary as well, and the ramifications for that case are far less than the ramifications of the Trump one.

This is WAY bigger that Whitewater or even Watergate. There's really no comparison.

As for impeachment given the votes for the Russia sanctions bill, threats of consequences for firing Mueller I wouldn't feel that impeachment is impossible(at least the Senate). Democrats would have to take control of the House i think.

Voting to sanction Russia and Iran is one thing. Voting to convict a President using the Articles of Impeachment is something else. I don't see dislike for Trump reaching the levels it would require for enough GOP senators even in a Democratic majority senate to get to 67 votes to impeach. The Right and Left are both way to entrenched along their partisan lines for it to happen.

How does Mueller's office get funded? Is there a budget?

The Justice Department funds the investigation.

There is a budget, but the Department said they won't release it. They will release expenditure summaries every 6 months, with the first expected by the end of September.

IIRC, Congress has some powers to mediate conflicts between the Special Counsel's office and Justice.

And for anyone concern trolling about the costs of a investigation with 16 attorneys: Justice has 100,000+ employees. Their 2-ply toilet paper budget is likely larger than the Mueller budget.

If you want to be concerned about something, be concerned that massive amounts of taxpayer money is going to rent hotel rooms at places like Mar-A-Lago for security details that a real president like Obama didn't need.

I was curious too, so maybe calm the fuck down.

jstripes

Banned
Ken Starr had an army of specialized lawyers digging into Whitewater. Everyone is setting themselves up for disappointment by making assumptions on every little move. Plus, actually impeaching a president in this increasingly partisan environment might prove impossible. You need 2/3rds of the Senate to vote to impeach and I don't see either party ever getting into that range in the current climate.

If Trump keeps blaming the GOP for his own failures they miiiiight not jump to his defense if big things come down.

E92 M3

The Justice Department funds the investigation.

There is a budget, but the Department said they won't release it. They will release expenditure summaries every 6 months, with the first expected by the end of September.

IIRC, Congress has some powers to mediate conflicts between the Special Counsel's office and Justice.

And for anyone concern trolling about the costs of a investigation with 16 attorneys: Justice has 100,000+ employees. Their 2-ply toilet paper budget is likely larger than the Mueller budget.

Thanks.

Cat Party

Lmao at thinking we can't see through a "just asking questions" defense.

commedieu

Banned
5 pages, and no one has brought up their lunches? how much is that costing us tax payers???

Anyway. Did anyone see the thread about our multi billion dollar aircraft carrier and multi billion dollar destroyer?

No, it's not a valid concern.

Next question.

Kyzer

Banned

Probably a lot and probably because they deem it necessary as opposed to being a racqueteering scam

Top Bottom