• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rock Band 3 |OT|

legend166

That export thing doesn't work with my UK copy of the game (I'm in Aus). The export code on the back of the RB2 manual is way too long to fit.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Nothing works on the PS3 so far. The music store never loads up (I have to manually quit the game because apparently there's no "back" or "exit the music store" option), my redeem code from Gamestop doesn't work either, the code in the RB 2 manual is too long to put, and worst of all, access to the Rock Band forums are not possible because they're reworking the whole site so I can't have these questions answered.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Otrebor Nightmarecoat said:
If they double hit, change em at the store.

You'd think double hits would be easily solvable in the game? Surely they can filter that out - if the song requires a single hit, but it registers two in very quick succession - thats unlikely to be deliberate from the player. It requires effort and two hands to get two discrete hits together.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Argyle said:
Just got my copy on PS3. Liking pro keys, but I am awful at it...

can someone run down the different stages of difficulty for keys? eg do they always show you all notes but you only have to hit the basic colour groups?

mrklaw said:
can someone run down the different stages of difficulty for keys? eg do they always show you all notes but you only have to hit the basic colour groups?

In pro mode you are playing the correct notes in the song across the entire keyboard. Standard mode narrows everything down to just five keys. In both modes you can choose one of four difficulties.

Easier difficulties show the correct notes, but not all of them. So if a song has 3 notes in rapid succession, expert will have you play all of them, while easy would only have you play one. It will only ever show you the notes you have to play for that difficulty.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Motion Picture Soundtrack said:
In pro mode you are playing the correct notes in the song across the entire keyboard. Standard mode narrows everything down to just five keys. In both modes you can choose one of four difficulties.

Easier difficulties show the correct notes, but not all of them. So if a song has 3 notes in rapid succession, expert will have you play all of them, while easy would only have you play one. It will only ever show you the notes you have to play for that difficulty.

thanks for that, very helpful.

Mine should be here this week, but not decided on instruments yet. Keyboard is tempting because its new, but I have RB1 drums and don't know whether to update to RB3. Will probably stick with my GH2 guitars though.

For the $9.99 export fee, we get all the songs EXCEPT:
* AC/DC – Let There Be Rock
* Journey – Any Way You Want It
* Metallica – Battery
* Red Hot Chili Peppers – Give It Away
* Soundgarden – Spoonman

:( That sucks

Also, I don't like that we have to pay (again) to export the songs. It was understandable with the RB1 export as you don't actually need a unique copy, but after that we always had one-time-usable codes so there shouldn't be a fee...On the other hand I'm very grateful that they offer this feature.

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
Any Way You Want It? Fucking hell. If the HMX songs are coming back for free then I'd guess that they're upgrading them all with Keys/Pro stuff for free. I hope Journey comes back with upgrades too, but that wouldn't be free.

Ridley327

That sucks about RHCP and Journey, but I don't think anyone can be too angry with getting 70 songs for $10. The HMX bands being a possible free download is encouraging news, even if it does mean that Visions will live to see another day.

Gowans

What's the plan with the export? It's the RB2 manual code you haev to enter in the game right?

What if you have Lego Rockband too, do I have to import them using RB2 or can I do it with 3?

fisheyes

Ridley327 said:
That sucks about RHCP and Journey, but I don't think anyone can be too angry with getting 70 songs for $10. The HMX bands being a possible free download is encouraging news, even if it does mean that Visions will live to see another day.

Well, in reality, its $10 on top of whatever you paid for RB2 originally for 70 songs. Its still good when you look at it like that and compare it to DLC song prices, but still, I'll have paid AU$110 or whatever it was by the time I finally get those songs into RB3, I don't think its unreasonable to expect that in doing so I'll be able to play every single song I have.

Ridley327

If there was a precedent of a full game's setlist exporting with no fees outside of a limited-time promotion, I'd agree with you. The fact is that it hasn't happened and it's likely to never happen.

Sh0k

Quick question because I'm kind of confused with what you can play and what not in Rockband 3 from the previous rockband's.

With Rockband 2 I download to my hard drive the Rockband 1 songs and the AC/DC songs plus a bunch of DLC that I bought. Will I be able to select and play these songs within the Rockband 3 game ?

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Sh0k said:
With Rockband 2 I download to my hard drive the Rockband 1 songs and the AC/DC songs plus a bunch of DLC that I bought. Will I be able to select and play these songs within the Rockband 3 game ?
Yes. You will still be able to play your Rock Band 1/AC/DC/DLC songs on Rock Band 3. The same with Rock Band 2 songs if you export it with the exception of a few songs.

Sh0k said:
Quick question because I'm kind of confused with what you can play and what not in Rockband 3 from the previous rockband's.

All DLC and Exports work aside from the specific songs in this thread. So some of the Rockband and Rockband 2 songs won't work. All DLC sounds like it will work.

Anilones

Some DLC does not show up, i.e. Tenacious D 'Rock Your Socks', The Guess Who Pack, The Dinosaur Jr. Pack, and the Anvil Pack. All of these songs were released on the same day, so it is believed to be a glitch; hopefully a patch will change this.

Gowans007 said:
What if you have Lego Rockband too, do I have to import them using RB2 or can I do it with 3?
As long as you have already exported them out of Lego Rock Band, they will show up in RB3.

I just don't get why this happened again (losing songs in the export). I can understand when it was RB1 as they may not have been planning for exports, but by the time they were licensing songs for RB2 they knew what the plan was. Why didn't they license accordingly? It's just frustrating. I consider RHCP and Soundgarden among the best bands on Rock Band, and Journey is a huge loss for RB Party night.

I guess this means we are also losing Dani California and Black Hole Sun (and it's not just a glitch)?

Major bummer, IMO

Stackboy

legend166 said:
That export thing doesn't work with my UK copy of the game (I'm in Aus). The export code on the back of the RB2 manual is way too long to fit.

I'm having the same problem. If you hear of any fixes, lemme know.

I really want to play Lazy Eye by Silversun pickups in a custom setlist.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
drmcclin said:
I guess this means we are also losing Dani California and Black Hole Sun (and it's not just a glitch)?

Major bummer, IMO
Yup, two of my favorite songs are now gone. They didn't appear in Rock Band 3.

Anilones

Maastricht said:
So how are the reviews coming along for this game eh? I only see 4 reviews on metacritic and they're not really big sites/mags either.
The lowest review score I have seen so far was from IGN with 8.5.

I3rand0

Anyone else who ordered from GS online have their PS3 Keyboard showing up as back ordered? I've had my pre-order in for months and they've canceled my bundle and charged my for both separately (which I knew was going to happen but didn't expect the KB to be back ordered).

43309266.jpg

Anilones said:
The lowest review score I have seen so far was from IGN with 8.5.

Thanks, looks like they rated according to their estimation that many people already have rockband 2 and aren't going to buy new peripherals. I only have a few guitar heroes so this would be my first rockband. Also, I plan to use a midi-keyboard and am seriously considering the real guitar as well once that comes out. The only downside is that both those options aren't available at launch, and it's a wait and see how long it takes for those things to come to Europe if ever.

But then as said it would be my first Rockband game, and I do have a full band kit and 3 microphones already, so I can use some of the unique features, not to mention the better song library.

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
can you view a pro chart in practice or free play even if you don't have a pro instrument hooked up?

navanman said:
PS3 version gets the shaft again.
Maybe by Euro launch on Friday it will be all sorted out.
Like I said, I've never seen a dev with such a passive aggressive stance towards a player base. And if it is truly Sony's fault as they keep saying, why don't they find a way to work it out?

Shaneus said:
Seriously, when the fuck do we get to play Bloc Party tracks? I just had a look at the included songs and didn't see a mention. Fuck.

I've been requesting that since RB1 and still nothing. Pretty much the entirety of Silent Alarm would be really fun to play (especially drums). Such a shame :[

drizzle

Axel Hertz
No Journey export? That's the worst news related to Rockband I've ever heard.

Did Activision strike a deal with them or something? Fuck, I'd pay real money for Enter Sandman, Any Way You Want It, Spooman and some other missing tracks...

Edit:
I agree, RB4 should be a polished engine with whatever new features for $25 with NO songs since it seems HMX can't license things for more than a single game due to hats 'o money.
I don't understand why they didn't do it for RockBand 3 already. Make it a Digital Download, only a platform, and you buy whatever song you want for it through DLC.
Hell, even release a music pack specially for the game as a discount price or whatever. Still better than this whole new disk with musics you won't be able to export later fiasco.

cjdunn

Okay, so I have LEGO Rock Band and Rock Band 2 (along with Rock Band 1 already exported, naturally).

Should I export LRB to RB2 and then export to RB3?

drizzle

Axel Hertz
cjdunn said:
Okay, so I have LEGO Rock Band and Rock Band 2 (along with Rock Band 1 already exported, naturally).

Should I export LRB to RB2 and then export to RB3?

Yes. Once you export Lego Rock Band to Rock Band 2, all the Lego songs will fall under the "Rock Band" game (meaning they're treated as DLC). I don't know if the servers are up or what for that right now, tho.

W1SSY

So I got rock band 3 from Gamestop last night, can anyone tell me how I get my free songs? Is it supposed to be on the receipt because it isn't.

Cartman86

Banned
drizzle said:
Yes. Once you export Lego Rock Band to Rock Band 2, all the Lego songs will fall under the "Rock Band" game (meaning they're treated as DLC). I don't know if the servers are up or what for that right now, tho.

Though in RB3 they show up as Lego Rock Band songs.

Anyways am I the only one who thinks the new dashboard thingy actually doesn't really do what I thought it was going to? Let's say I have myself signed into a keyboard, and my friend is on a mic. Well we decide we want to switch instruments. We can do it physically, but we can't swap profiles without logging out it seems. Occasionally I see the option to swap profiles but that seems to be only for brand new controllers being turned on. Am I crazy?

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Cartman86 said:
Though in RB3 they show up as Lego Rock Band songs.
Good! I hate that it just showed as "DLC" on RockBand 2.

I too have an export question: Can I just buy the AC/DC Track Disk code on Ebay and input in Rock Band 2, without the Disk?

Maddog

drizzle said:
Good! I hate that it just showed as "DLC" on RockBand 2.

I too have an export question: Can I just buy the AC/DC Track Disk code on Ebay and input in Rock Band 2, without the Disk?

Yes. It acts as a marketplace code. You don't even need RB2.

Cutwolf

Quick questions:

1) Does Rock Band 3 keyboard bundle include a USB hub?

2) Are there any >4 port USB hubs that work with the Xbox 360?

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Maddog said:
Yes. It acts as a marketplace code. You don't even need RB2.
Great. AC/DC Be mine.
Cutwolf said:
Quick questions:

1) Does Rock Band 3 keyboard bundle include a USB hub?

2) Are there any >4 port USB hubs that work with the Xbox 360?
DO the Xbox itself supports more than 4 devices at once? I was under the impression that if you do Full Band and 3 mics, the game only tracks one.

Which brings me the question: How the hell can you play guitar + bass + keyboard + drums + mic?

Maddog

drizzle said:
Great. AC/DC Be mine.

DO the Xbox itself supports more than 4 devices at once? I was under the impression that if you do Full Band and 3 mics, the game only tracks one.

Which brings me the question: How the hell can you play guitar + bass + keyboard + drums + mic?

All Instruments mode.

Chris R

AlphaTwo00 said:
Checked with Gamestop in Canada.

All instrument bundles are delayed a week.

God damnit...
My best buy better have my copy today. Sometimes if Canada has a delay Alaska gets delayed too.

Cutwolf

drizzle said:
Great. AC/DC Be mine.

From what I read, not all of the mics need to be signed in to the Xbox, circumventing the 4 person limit on the console.

If two of your devices are wireless and you have a 4 port USB hub, that'll give you 5 spots to plug in everything else.

Does any USB mic work with Rock Band? Slow shipping and mine won't get here til Friday, and I wanna sing NOW. Nothing but a radioshack nearby on the electronics front though.

Top Bottom