• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rock Band 3 |OT|

Cutwolf

How about everyone plays the game how they want to play the game without judgment from people who want to play it differently?

Not everyone plays the game for the challenge.

If I'm playing with 5 people who never played before and a waiting list, why not allow them to change difficulty on the fly and get through a whole song rather than failing?

This game is, at its heart, a party game.

Crag Dweller

aka kindbudmaster
bounchfx said:
These 3 Cymbals are absolute crap so far. I can get used to how they feel, but they function like shit. they either double hit or don't register at all. Not very happy. Maybe RB3 has some code that makes them read better.. I'm just trying to adapt to them via RB2 so far... 50 minutes left.

You might try tightening or loosening the wingnut holding the cymbal until you get them registering right. I have also noticed that they seem to work better with batteries that are fully charged. I hope this helps you out, if not exchange them for a different set until your satisfied.

Does anybody know of a good place in the US to order the keyboards from? Since Canada won't be getting them for a while, I was looking at exporting them.

Pancho

Qurupancho
PhoncipleBone said:
Grr. Two lock ups in a row. I try and sort my songs by artist so I can play The Doors stuff, and it keeps freezing. Am I being punished?

My hex worked.

That's for getting the game early >=O

Anth0ny

canadian crowe said:
Does anybody know of a good place in the US to order the keyboards from? Since Canada won't be getting them for a while, I was looking at exporting them.

Canada won't be getting them for a while???

=(

Animator

Anth0ny said:
Canada won't be getting them for a while???

=(

All instruments are delayed in Canada. I was hoping to get the midi drum interface for my electronic drum kit but I get blank stares everywhere I ask. Oh well you lose a sale harmonix.

Pancho said:
My hex worked.

That's for getting the game early >=O
Thanks. I just played LA Woman. Damn, what a fun song to play.

Also, if you DL the Doors stuff, dont sort by artist. That locks it up each time. I have tested it three times.

bounchfx said:
These 3 Cymbals are absolute crap so far. I can get used to how they feel, but they function like shit. they either double hit or don't register at all. Not very happy. Maybe RB3 has some code that makes them read better.. I'm just trying to adapt to them via RB2 so far... 50 minutes left.

If they double hit, change em at the store.

Aspiring

So what day does the free DLC that comes with the game expire? I wont be recieveing my copy from playasia until next Tuesday at the latest and just want to know if it will still be free?

Pancho

Qurupancho
PhoncipleBone said:

Also, if you DL the Doors stuff, dont sort by artist. That locks it up each time. I have tested it three times.

What are the 3 free songs from The Doors? And they are only free this week, right?

Crap, I'm just realizing that I only have like 600 megs left on my launch 20 gb HDD. With the export for Rock Band 2 and the new DLC that I'll have to get, finally time to upgrade I guess...

bounchfx

Otrebor Nightmarecoat said:
If they double hit, change em at the store.

yeah, gonna bring em back to get new ones when I get the game right now.. gotta find that fucking receipt though. not sure why I didn't pay attention to where I put it.

Going to get my copy now! WOOT!

ElNino

firehawk12 said:
Really? I can't believe there's a Guelph-GAF. :lol
I don't live there anymore, but I went to the U of G and my wife grew up in Guelph. If they had built a GO extension there 5 years ago I would have strongly considered moving back.

Ridley327

PhoncipleBone said:

This happened to me, but there's a weird quirk with it; it only freezes up if the only thing you're sorting by is just the artist. Combine it with something else and it works just fine.

Oli

Dell shipped my order and it looks like it'll be here this week! How do I get that free Doors DLC though?

Ridley327

Something Awful is full of geniuses I swear.

If you're having issues with the Doors DLC right now, turn off the Show Recommendations option in the sorting menu; they'll work just fine without locking the game up. Apparently, they haven't been updated into the server for the song suggestions yet, so that's causing the issue.

Correction:

The Gamestop songs HAVE pro mode in them. Nice.

Also, "Burning Down the House" is deceptively tricky. At least to me. Songs with that kind of guitar always get me for some reason.

And of the Doors songs, "LA Woman" is the one that will be getting the most replay here. So much fun. "Light My Fire" has that long stretch of alternating three button chords, and it kills me. It also doesnt help that the buttons on the strat are very sticky. Like you have to hit them head on instead of gliding. Made that section murder.

The Doors stuff sounds amazing. The mix and cleanup done to these things is remarkable. On a few songs I was hearing stuff I had never heard before. I guess I am used to old crappy CD masters or vinyl rips of their stuff. But some of it is just eye opening in its clarity.

Also, I think the true beauty of The Doors pack will come out when played with a full band. I cant wait to get a bunch of people over for this.

Ridley327

That happens a lot, which makes me so angry that Metallica hasn't gone back and remastered ...And Justice For All to match the clarity of the tracks in both Rock Band and Guitar Hero. They utterly destroy the album mix.

Pancho

Qurupancho
PhoncipleBone said:
The Doors stuff sounds amazing. The mix and cleanup done to these things is remarkable. On a few songs I was hearing stuff I had never heard before. I guess I am used to old crappy CD masters or vinyl rips of their stuff. But some of it is just eye opening in its clarity.

Also, I think the true beauty of The Doors pack will come out when played with a full band. I cant wait to get a bunch of people over for this.

One of the best things about RB IMHO.

When they release all of these older songs completely remastered they sound so good.

Playing Rock Band with stereo-headphones ftw! :D

Pancho said:
One of the best things about RB IMHO.

When they release all of these older songs completely remastered they sound so good.

Playing Rock Band with stereo-headphones ftw! :D
Playing Rock Band in 5.1 FTW!
I havent tried with headphones yet. Perhaps I shall try that one night. I am sure it is awesome

Pancho

Qurupancho
PhoncipleBone said:
Playing Rock Band in 5.1 FTW!
I havent tried with headphones yet. Perhaps I shall try that one night. I am sure it is awesome
:lol :lol

I originally bought them to not bother my parents while I play late at night. Sure, it still doesn't change the fact that I can't play drums at night :(

I once bought those Drum silencers but they make your drum set pretty unresponsive so I took them off. But yes, they are indeed awesome.

BigDug13

Ok help me out on where to get pro guitars. Gamestop still tells me next month. No word on my newegg order. What should I do? Where should I go?

Pancho said:
:lol :lol

I originally bought them to not bother my parents while I play late at night. Sure, it still doesn't change the fact that I can't play drums at night :(

I once bought those Drum silencers but they make your drum set pretty unresponsive so I took them off. But yes, they are indeed awesome.
I bought headphones for the nights my wife needs silence to work on school stuff, but that has been a while. I would play a lot of Mario Galaxy or emulators with the headphones though.

I dont play drums after 9pm on weekdays or 10pm on weekends due to the neighbors downstairs. The McCartney bass was silent as can be in use, but the new strat has clicky buttons yet a silent strumbar. The keyboard though is as silent as can be. :D

Pancho

Qurupancho
PhoncipleBone said:
I bought headphones for the nights my wife needs silence to work on school stuff, but that has been a while. I would play a lot of Mario Galaxy or emulators with the headphones though.

I dont play drums after 9pm on weekdays or 10pm on weekends due to the neighbors downstairs. The McCartney bass was silent as can be in use, but the new strat has clicky buttons yet a silent strumbar. The keyboard though is as silent as can be. :D

Beatles guitars are really awesome. Been using a Gretsh since TBRB got released. So silent and it just feels right. Didn't like McCartney's as much since I find the neck too thin.

Pancho said:
Beatles guitars are really awesome. Been using a Gretsh since TBRB got released. So silent and it just feels right. Didn't like McCartney's as much since I find the neck too thin.
I am tempted to get one of the other Beatles guitars just for the silence of it. I love the feel of the strat, but the buttons are sticking and clicking a lil much after only two weeks.

Archie said:
They have pro guitar or just keys/drums?
Pro guitar/bass as well as the standard pro drums/keys.

Argyle

Just got my copy on PS3. Liking pro keys, but I am awful at it...

One gripe though. The first two Rock Band games had a bug where if you enabled 7.1 output, it would fall back to stereo instead of giving you 5.1 output. This was finally fixed in Beatles Rock Band, but guess what? The bug is back and it's more annoying than before...it changes the output mode several times during the logo movies before finally settling on stereo :(

Fortunately it can be worked around by disabling 7.1, but really...

Argyle said:

One gripe though. The first two Rock Band games had a bug where if you enabled 7.1 output, it would fall back to stereo instead of giving you 5.1 output. This was finally fixed in Beatles Rock Band, but guess what? The bug is back and it's more annoying than before...it changes the output mode several times during the logo movies before finally settling on stereo :(

I noticed the Harmonix logo changing channels on 360 too. How it goes from one to the other.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
ElNino said:
I don't live there anymore, but I went to the U of G and my wife grew up in Guelph. If they had built a GO extension there 5 years ago I would have strongly considered moving back.

Hah, I'm not sure if I could settle here long term (not much prospects here, it seems and the undergrads can get annoying on the weekends) but there are certainly far worse places to be.

Aspiring

Argyle said:

Just out of curiosity, does voice chat come from the speakers of the TV or headset?

Also does it show you what song you are playing uner the friends tab like on the 360 or Singstar or only Rock Band 3? Perhaps you will need a to ask a friend online?

Aspiring said:
Sometimes HMX are really lame. I mean, its done, people are ownloading, why not announce it?
Because the website is down. :( At least a twitter update or something.

Whoa! WTF! According to GameFAQs the following do NOT export: AC/DC (not surprising), Soundgarden (knew it), RHCP (knew it), Journey (WTF!?), and all Harmonix bands (serious WTF).

Kind of lame.

parasight

From ScoreHero:

I didn't go through the whole list to see what didn't export, but there are 70 songs downloading now, so there are 14 missing. I specifically checked for Spoonman and Give It Away and neither were there, which sucks for anyone who bought the BSSM pack.

So now we don't have the full BSSM album...

Fakedit:
9 HMX songs, Battery, Let There Be Rock, Spoonman, Give it Away, and Any Way You Want It.

Aspiring

Yeah you answered why the website being down means squat. I mean, really its not like this would not have been ready for a few days. Especially now as its a download. Just announce it. If that guy is not lieing and Journey is out i will be pissed.

Top Bottom