• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rock Band 3 |OT|

parasight

Losing Journey makes very little sense to me. That's a big loss. If GH: RHCP is true, that's probably the reason behind losing Dani California and now Give It Away.

parasight said:
Losing Journey makes very little sense to me. That's a big loss. If GH: RHCP is true, that's probably the reason behind losing Dani California and now Give It Away.
Journey is the biggest WTF. Damn, I am mad about that. Loved "Any Way You Want It."

PhoncipleBone said:
Journey and the HMX stuff not exporting are the most annoying. Waiting for my download to finish. I pray that Honest Bob made it though.

It didn't. All 9 Harmonix songs from RB2 aren't exportable.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
No Battery or Any Way You Want It is a bummer for sure. Also, no Visions? :(

vg260

parasight said:

It's ridiculous that songs from RB2 are missing. I thought only RB1 was where they didn't plan ahead enough and didn't license for future use. By the time RB2 was being developed, I thought they figure this crap out so that any disc songs from that point on would be forward compatible. Really sad.

I hate this licensing BS. Why even bother putting any songs-on disc if they won't transfer forward. Just give us a trackless disc and make us download the songs. Shessh. It's a bad thing for a song to be on-disc nowadays. Especially stupid situation if one song is held back because it's on disc but the rest of the album is not because it's DLC.

Maybe the Journey thing is akin to Run to the Hills cover not transferring. Like HMx didn't want to bother with licensing an old track if they were going to put up a new version later.

Aspiring

So my guess is i cant do this for PS3 yet?

2&2 said:
It's ridiculous that songs from RB2 are missing. I thought only RB1 was where they didn't plan ahead enough and didn't license for future use. By the time RB2 was being developed, I thought they figure this crap out so that any disc songs from that point on would be forward compatible. Really sad.

I hate this licensing BS. Why even bother putting any songs-on disc if they won't transfer forward. Just give us a trackless disc and make us download the songs. Shessh. It's a bad thing for a song to be on-disc nowadays. Especially stupid situation if one song is held back because it's on disc but the rest of the album is not because it's DLC.

You know, i am sure that after the whole RB1 fiasco they said from here on out all songs were being licenced with future games in mind.

On Journey if you are right an they will be re-releasing it with keys i will forgive them.

parasight

It's just kinda weird to see that we're losing far more songs from RB2 than we did in RB1 (one of which was eventually compensated with a master). I don't understand why they didn't license the RB2 disc songs for the "platform", as they should have learned from the RB1 export.

DuckRacer

Updated the OP
2&2 said:
Maybe the Journey thing is akin to Run to the Hills cover not transferring. Like HMx didn't want to bother with licensing an old track if they were going to put up a new version later.
If that were the case Tom Sawyer wouldn't have exported

Aspiring

full list:

Abnormality - Visions
AC/DC - Let there Be Rock
Anarchy Club - Get Clean
Bang Camaro - Night Lies
Breaking Wheel - Shoulder to the Plow
Journey - Any Way You Want It
Libyans - Welcome to the Neighborhood
The Main Drag - A Jagged Gorgeous Winter
Metallica - Battery
Red Hot chili Peppers - Give it Away
Soundgarden - Spoonman
Speck - Conventional Lover
The Sterns - Supreme Girl
That Handsome Devil - Rob the Prez-O-Dent

The Main Drag : ( Journey : (

Sucks so much ass.

I live in hope of a Journey re release with pro keys, but HMX bands getting the chop? WTF?

bounchfx

Visions was one of the funnest drum songs for me, god dammit. that really makes me sad. it was always my 'last song'.

The game is really fun though, outside of my green cymbal being a piece of shit.. gonna try to swap it out later. Pro keys are fucking hard! can't even do chords lol, shit is too confusing to read still. Pro drums are so awesome though.

Fuck! I liked all those songs. Shoulder to The Plow was right there with visions in terms of fun for drums. Same with Spoonman. FUCK. I hope they're DLC.

Aspiring

jambo said:
So you can't play them any more in Rock Band 2?

While you are right in what you are trying to say, its not the point. I never ONCE put RB1 back in to play one or two songs that didnt export, and especially now since they will not have pro drums.

Sp3eD

0G M3mbeR
jambo said:

You can play those, along with the 2 RB1 songs that didn't export all you want in RB2.

But most people, myself included, are never going to put the RB2 disc into their system again. Not worth it after playing with all the new features and UI changes.

bounchfx

jambo said:

Of course you can, it wouldn't make sense if they blocked them from that disc. It's just a shame since I'm never going to put in RB2 for a couple songs.

Chris R

jambo said:
Sure you can, but what happened to the whole idea of a "platform"???

I agree, RB4 should be a polished engine with whatever new features for $25 with NO songs since it seems HMX can't license things for more than a single game due to hats 'o money.

fisheyes

So when people say 'no RHCP, no Soundgarden, no Journey', etc, etc, its just referring ot the on disc stuff, not my downloads, right? So I lose Any Way You Want It (which is a load of bullshit), but I've still got Don't Stop Believin'... right? Right?

Losing any song is bullshit though, I thought all the issues in RB1 were with not knowing about eventual licencing issues, and therefore there should be no problems now.

DuckRacer

fisheyes said:
So when people say 'no RHCP, no Soundgarden, no Journey', etc, etc, its just referring ot the on disc stuff, not my downloads, right? So I lose Any Way You Want It (which is a load of bullshit), but I've still got Don't Stop Believin'... right? Right?
Yeah. Black Hole Sun and Dani California from the RB1 export won't work though because Harmonix :poo

Chris R

DuckRacer said:
Yeah. Black Hole Sun and Dani California from the RB1 export won't work though because Harmonix :poo
Nooooooo. I love Black Hole Sun :(

Someone break down exactly what doesn't work from all the different exports :(

Aspiring said:
full list:

Abnormality - Visions
AC/DC - Let there Be Rock
Anarchy Club - Get Clean
Bang Camaro - Night Lies
Breaking Wheel - Shoulder to the Plow
Journey - Any Way You Want It
Libyans - Welcome to the Neighborhood
The Main Drag - A Jagged Gorgeous Winter
Metallica - Battery
Red Hot chili Peppers - Give it Away
Soundgarden - Spoonman
Speck - Conventional Lover
The Sterns - Supreme Girl
That Handsome Devil - Rob the Prez-O-Dent

The Main Drag : ( Journey : (

Sucks so much ass.
I live in hope of a Journey re release with pro keys, but HMX bands getting the chop? WTF?
My feelings exactly. But since it isnt on that list, it means "I Get By" made it. Boo ya!

rhfb said:
Nooooooo. I love Black Hole Sun :(

Someone break down exactly what doesn't work from all the different exports :(
Enter Sandman
Paranoid
Run to the Hills (replaced with master recording as DLC)

And now all this bullshit above. Oh well.

Harmonix really dropped the ball on this one. "Hey, lets not announce the export list until the day of release because, ya know, we fucked up, but people will be too busy playing RB 3 to notice." Yeah, that's the impression that I get.

Chris R

PhoncipleBone said:
My feelings exactly. But since it isnt on that list, it means "I Get By" made it. Boo ya!

Enter Sandman
Paranoid

Those songs didn't export from RB1, so nothing else is held back? Nothing from RB1/Lego/GD ( :lol )

Aspiring

PhoncipleBone said:

Enter Sandman
Paranoid

You know what, you may be right! I mean, its known 14 songs didnt export and thats 14 and it is not on the list. But why the bloody hell would that have made the cut and not the rest?

EDIT: Isnt Honest Bob from RB1? If so that list is from RB2 which still means its gone, along with other RB1 songs.

EDIT 2: Maybe. You know what i have no idea :lol But if i had to guess i would say your safe, assuming other HMX bands from RB1 export fine into RB3.

fernoca

So, it means it will be like Lego Rock Band? One big download? Was kinda hoping for individual files like RB1; to actually delete the songs I don't want. (as in delete them from the HDD, not only ingame)

jgkspsx

antibodies antibodies ANTIBODIES ANTIBODIES Wow, that's rather catchy.

Very disappointed about the HMX bands. That's plain weird. I guess that argues for upgraded versions for some of the songs? Unless it doesn't?

I'm kind of surprised at how crassly 1996 the art direction is. Weird.

Also, is it me, is it Wii-to-360 upgrade shock, or are the women much more overtly sexualized in this one?

fernoca

Stackboy said:
With the RB2 export, is it the code on the back of the manual? I can't find any other code and it's too long.
Yep (apparently). The code can only be redeemed from the in-game menu, not the PSN Store/Xbox Live. It then asks you to pay the 800 MS Points / $9.99 and download a 1.4GB file.

vg260

Heh, so another Metallica song doesn't export, yet there's a Metallica t-shirt. Surely Master of Puppets on the way or something...

Also looks like the HMx bands are coming as free DLC:
http://rockbandaide.com/9308/rock-band-2-export-details/

Let's just hope Harmonix finally got their future use licensing stuff worked out so we don't lose any RB3 disc songs in the future. I didn't think looking back that some of my favorite bands didn't make it onto the RB2 disc.

RCHP and Soundgarden probably GH casualties.

That just leaves the issue of Journey. Seeing as how Harmonix was able to snag a Journey song as DLC that GH didn't, and DSB is a top-seller, I don't think it's a GH issue. Either too expensive to re-license or something else in the works.

Shaneus

Seriously, when the fuck do we get to play Bloc Party tracks? I just had a look at the included songs and didn't see a mention. Fuck.

remz

People liked jagged gorgeous winter? I can't stand it :lol

some of these songs are a loss though, Journey and Bang Camaro in particular. but the HMX stuff is coming back... so yeah. :D

JMizzlin

Pre-ordered from Gametraders today (despite the street date everywhere else being broken) for $79.99.

Also saw the Keyboard available at JB Hi-Fi for $134. Surprisingly this means they Keyboard isn't an EB Exclusive, and it's also being sold cheaper than EB ($140).

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
At first I was panicking because of the shitty export news, but damn. I'm glad the Harmonix stuff is coming back as a DLC pack. Still, no Any Way You Want It or Spoonman? How fucking disappointing.

By the way, that GameStop code didn't work for me. It says it's invalid or that the time you redeem has it expired. Wtf? Do I go back to GameStop today and explain this issue? This is B/S.

The guitar engine feels so weird...I don't like it. I have to get adjusted to it.

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention. I remember people asking whether or not other people can see the songs you're playing on the PS3...I messaged a friend who was online and asked him and he says he couldn't see what song I was playing so there you go. So lame.

Top Bottom