• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rock Band 3 |OT|

bounchfx said:
Why are so many songs in the store 'Unavailable?'. There's also new awesome songs on there not listed on error420's site.

Fucking Converge and Ludicra both have songs on RBN now!

too bad they're both currently unavailable. wtf. :(
Fuuuuuuuuuuuuck!

I don't follow rock band too much but since when has converge been on the store? And what song(s) do they have on there? Going to be the first DLC I get when I pick up rb3.

reposting this in case someone is interested and didn't see my previous post:

MIDI Pro Adapter
COMPATIBILITY LIST FOR KEYBOARDS AND DRUMS!!!!

Keyboards:
M-Audio Axiom 25
CME Key 49
Behringer UMX-25/25a
Akai MPK-25

Drums:
Roland HD-1
Yamaha DTExplorer
Yamaha DD 65
Alesis DM5

thewastedsmile

Neo Member
vatstep said:
Apparently you can call EA and get another code, according to the RB Twitter account.

Make sure you have a case, though — if you don't have a manual or box (for the barcode), they're going to ask for a photo of your disc and even then, it'll be a two to three day turnaround. (?!?!)

/Thought I was smart to use RB2 to buy RB3.. sigh

criesofthepast said:
Fuuuuuuuuuuuuck!

I don't follow rock band too much but since when has converge been on the store? And what song(s) do they have on there? Going to be the first DLC I get when I pick up rb3.
The song is Dark Horse. Here's a preview video of it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CdFREBGNVNA&feature=player_embedded

Full Song | Trial Song

It hasn't gone up officially so you might want to wait to make sure there's no errors. You can download it now if you don't want to wait though.

Tek

vatstep said:
Apparently you can call EA and get another code, according to the RB Twitter account.

Thanks goes to Wired All Wrong as well...

I keep that info saved in case I can't find it. I threw it somewhere on my desk and over the 2 years...who knows where it is. I normally keep my manuals in the game case...but that one never made it back...

thewastedsmile said:
Make sure you have a case, though — if you don't have a manual or box (for the barcode), they're going to ask for a photo of your disc and even then, it'll be a two to three day turnaround. (?!?!)

Oh I do and I prob have the manual...just have to do some heavy duty searching through a huge desk for it. Thanks for the heads up tho.

Cutwolf

I almost forgot why I hated UPS.

"Customer not available on first attempt. Will retry tomorrow."

I've been sitting here all day.

They just didn't feel like coming back this way at rush hour due to traffic.

Fuckers.

Hop

That girl in the bunny hat
Also, if you haven't noticed yet: Need You Tonight is an instant-FC for pro keys. It's one chord all song.

bounchfx

Wired All Wrong said:
The song is Dark Horse. Here's a preview video of it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CdFREBGNVNA&feature=player_embedded

Full Song | Trial Song

It hasn't gone up officially so you might want to wait to make sure there's no errors. You can download it now if you don't want to wait though.

holy fuck those charts look AWESOME.
just bought it via xbox.com, even though they're 'unavailable' for purchase via RB3.. testing it out to see if it works on my game right now.

Edit: It works fine. I wonder why you can't buy it from the In-Game RB store? WTF HMX?

Cutwolf said:
I almost forgot why I hated UPS.

"Customer not available on first attempt. Will retry tomorrow."

I've been sitting here all day.

They just didn't feel like coming back this way at rush hour due to traffic.

Fuckers.
just go to the UPS store.

Porkepik

well they did not arrived east, none to see in the montreal area, aaaaarrghh where is my preorder damn gamestop/EA/MTV/Customs/Canada laws

mrklaw

MrArseFace
vid said:
All Instruments mode seems like an unnecessary requirement sometimes. When my friends and I started the game, we planned to play with two guitars, keys, and vocals... then quickly discovered that the game would only allow for this combination (even though there are only four players) in All Instruments mode. Sure, we're all 'playing', but it sucks as soon as you realize that the vocalist doesn't actually contribute anything to the band in this mode, and that the game seems to ignore any of the band's accomplishments.

can you go into this a little more? Is there a limit to the combinations of instruments allowed for career mode? I'd have thought two guitars + mic + keys/drums would be fairly standard?

TheHakku

thewastedsmile said:

Actually was relatively simple. I just sent them a shot of my disc on top of the case. Not sure about the whole three day deal. I'm just waiting for the PS Store to update so I can somehow fit this 16-character code into 12 slots.

Weirdest thing, too. Probably the only game manual I have ever not had in its original case.

Vicious

Light My Fire is indeed awesome. What a great song to play.

Also, if you're not connected to Xbox Live, or if the Rock Band server is down, is there no way for you to view your scores? The quickplay menus just list the stars and other stats, but everytime I click on the leaderboard it says it can't currently access the rock band central server.

It would be nice to be able to view my scores.

thewastedsmile

Neo Member
TheHakku said:
Actually was relatively simple. I just sent them a shot of my disc on top of the case. Not sure about the whole three day deal. I'm just waiting for the PS Store to update so I can somehow fit this 16-character code into 12 slots.

Weirdest thing, too. Probably the only game manual I have ever not had in its original case.

Good to know about the verification — my customer service agents were all idiots, I guess. (ARGH)

vid

mrklaw said:
can you go into this a little more? Is there a limit to the combinations of instruments allowed for career mode? I'd have thought two guitars + mic + keys/drums would be fairly standard?

That's what I thought too, but apparently not. The problem seems to be a conflict between the two guitars and the keys. Unless you have All Instruments mode active, you can only choose any combination of two out of three. If you want to have all three play together, you've got to turn on All Instruments mode and accept that you're not going to be able to play online or record your progress.

I'm hoping that I'm just overlooking something somewhere, but so far... this just seems like a terrible design oversight.

bounchfx said:
holy fuck those charts look AWESOME.
just bought it via xbox.com, even though they're 'unavailable' for purchase via RB3.. testing it out to see if it works on my game right now.

Edit: It works fine. I wonder why you can't buy it from the In-Game RB store? WTF HMX?
I don't see it in RBN playing rock band 2. Will it show up later? Haven't bought DLC for rock band in over a year so I don't know how this works. RBN has some awesome songs. Despised Icon wuuuuut!

Yeah I've been out of the loop :(

Noob question. Are the RBN songs lower quality than the normal Rock Band Store DLC? Listening to the previews on RBN a lot of them sound pretty low quality but not sure if that's just for previews sake.

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!
Probably way late to the party on this, but what the hell did they do to overdrive? You get union bonuses playing solo or something? It fucking sucks. Screwed up all the old paths I knew.

Rodeo Clown said:
Probably way late to the party on this, but what the hell did they do to overdrive? You get union bonuses playing solo or something? It fucking sucks. Screwed up all the old paths I knew.

It's so they can give you a solo score while you're playing co-op.

It's awesome and you should feel bad for attacking it.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
vid said:
That's what I thought too, but apparently not. The problem seems to be a conflict between the two guitars and the keys. Unless you have All Instruments mode active, you can only choose any combination of two out of three. If you want to have all three play together, you've got to turn on All Instruments mode and accept that you're not going to be able to play online or record your progress.

I'm hoping that I'm just overlooking something somewhere, but so far... this just seems like a terrible design oversight.

shit, hope so too. One guitar, drums, keys ok I guess?

Ridley327

Rodeo Clown said:
They changed how OD works in single player because of being able to post individual scores in band play now. Since players in band play would have a giant advantage over solo players, they came up with this method to even the battlefield.

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!
butter_stick said:
It's so they can give you a solo score while you're playing co-op.

It's awesome and you should feel bad for attacking it.
Oh, word.

But it still completely messes up all the old paths I knew. And that sucks.

Hop

That girl in the bunny hat
criesofthepast said:
Noob question. Are the RBN songs lower quality than the normal Rock Band Store DLC? Listening to the previews on RBN a lot of them sound pretty low quality but not sure if that's just for previews sake.

Usually it's just the previews. That said, there are some home-recorded groups so they're of lower audio quality, and some folks aren't as great at mixing (I wasn't at first, honestly. And I'm still not perfect.)

JambiBum

So question about the instruments and what you can and can't use at the same time. If you're playing offline locally can you use guitar, bass, keys, drums, and a mic? Or is there some limit? The posts above me confused me on that and it makes me worried for tonight when my friends and I play.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Anyone know if you can still use the 360 head set for vocals?

Tucah said:
Yeah, my code's not working either :\

I wonder if the servers are just getting hammered. I just hope it hasn't redeemed my code already when it timed out.

They really should have just checked to see if you downloaded the 20 free songs and just updated that DLC or something.

Ridley327

JambiBum said:
So question about the instruments and what you can and can't use at the same time. If you're playing offline locally can you use guitar, bass, keys, drums, and a mic? Or is there some limit? The posts above me confused me on that and it makes me worried for tonight when my friends and I play.
When you enable All Instruments Mode, it kicks you offline and vocals enter into a perpetual karaoke mode where you simply plug in a mic and sing. You'll be able to play with the other instruments together that way.

Ridley327 said:
When you enable All Instruments Mode, it kicks you offline and vocals enter into a perpetual karaoke mode where you simply plug in a mic and sing. You'll be able to play with the other instruments together that way.

ahh, I was wondering how they got around the 4 player limit. I knew that the mics were normally tied to a single profile, but that still meant there were 5 total "profiles". I guess All Instruments and kicking off the mic profile is how they get around that.

Sp3eD

0G M3mbeR
canadian crowe said:
I just played Bohemian Rhapsody on guitar. If there was ever a song that makes me want to get the keyboard, this is it.

Unlock the ability to play keys on the guitar. That should be fun :)

Top Bottom