• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rock Band 3 |OT|

Sp3eD

0G M3mbeR
I don't think we know as of yet. Some people have gotten it by just playing the road challenges. I guess you can play it on "All Instrument Mode" right off the bat too, but I haven't tried it yet.

Sp3eD said:
Unlock the ability to play keys on the guitar. That should be fun :)
It is unlocked somewhere in road challenges. I got it somewhere late into them.

I just did a marathon 4 hour session with two other players. So much fun. And I am finally getting the hang of keys. Able to five star a few things on hard, which is major progress for me as I was failing easy stuff last week.

legend166

So I take it since the code on the back of my UK 360 version of Rock Band 2 manual is too long to fit into the code redemption box, I'm going to have to call EA?

JambiBum

Ridley327 said:
When you enable All Instruments Mode, it kicks you offline and vocals enter into a perpetual karaoke mode where you simply plug in a mic and sing. You'll be able to play with the other instruments together that way.
Thanks.

vid

soul creator said:
ahh, I was wondering how they got around the 4 player limit. I knew that the mics were normally tied to a single profile, but that still meant there were 5 total "profiles". I guess All Instruments and kicking off the mic profile is how they get around that.

It's unfortunate that the vocals don't actually score for anything in this mode, though. It's basically a "free" mode for vocals players, while everyone else gets to have fun.

fernoca

Seems the servers are getting hammered. Many RBN songs beign unavailable and even the option to get the code to link the accounts is not available.

But so far so great. Great improvement on everything. Plus I've always been an Easy player, and is good to see that they made Easy, harder! :lol

Yeef

legend166 said:
So I take it since the code on the back of my UK 360 version of Rock Band 2 manual is too long to fit into the code redemption box, I'm going to have to call EA?
Are you on PS3? Remember, the way it worked with Rock Band 2 was that you put the 12 digit code in on a website then they emailed you the redemption code. Search your email and try using that redemption code again to see if you get the export. I'd do it myself, but I'm at work right now.

Also, on the twitter feed HMXHenry has said that the export won't be available on PS3 until the store updates.

[edit] Looks like PS3 users will have to wait for the site to go up then go to http://rockband.com/ps3-export and enter the code on the back of the RB2 manual.

legend166 said:
There might be a different way to export for the European copies. We don't know yet and as RB3's not available in Europe yet, you might need to wait another day or two.

I haven't been following during the lead-up to the release, so apologies if this info is already well-known, but would anyone care to give me a rundown on how sorting/filtering songs works in RB3? Specifically, I'd like to know if there's now an easy way to play the most recently downloaded songs, and a way to hide or delete songs I hate (from RB1, RB2, and Lego Rock Band specifically).

peetfeet

vid said:
It's unfortunate that the vocals don't actually score for anything in this mode, though. It's basically a "free" mode for vocals players, while everyone else gets to have fun.

Yeah, blame Microsoft

Raistlin

drmcclin said:
reposting this in case someone is interested and didn't see my previous post:

MIDI Pro Adapter
COMPATIBILITY LIST FOR KEYBOARDS AND DRUMS!!!!

Keyboards:
M-Audio Axiom 25
CME Key 49
Behringer UMX-25/25a
Akai MPK-25

Drums:
Roland HD-1
Yamaha DTExplorer
Yamaha DD 65
Alesis DM5

This is not exhaustive, correct?

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Yeef said:
Are you on PS3? Remember, the way it worked with Rock Band 2 was that you put the 12 digit code in on a website then they emailed you the redemption code. Search your email and try using that redemption code again to see if you get the export. I'd do it myself, but I'm at work right now.

Also, on the twitter feed HMXHenry has said that the export won't be available on PS3 until the store updates.

you mean lego rock band? There was a page on rockband.com where you put your code in. Rockband.com is down at the moment

Leondexter said:
I haven't been following during the lead-up to the release, so apologies if this info is already well-known, but would anyone care to give me a rundown on how sorting/filtering songs works in RB3? Specifically, I'd like to know if there's now an easy way to play the most recently downloaded songs, and a way to hide or delete songs I hate (from RB1, RB2, and Lego Rock Band specifically).
You can sort by length, difficulty, score, location, newest (I think), key support, pro only, etc. It is staggering how much you can filter stuff.

As for deleting individual songs, yes you can. THANK GOD! Of course, Harmonix saved me the trouble of deleting Visions by having it not export.

canadian crowe said:
Maybe it's just me but knowing that will be able to tide menover until later down the road and the keys go on sale.
It is easy at first to use the guitar controller, but on the higher difficulties when they throw those freaky chords at you it becomes VERY difficult to hit it on the guitar. Unless you are using the solo buttons or can stretch your fingers a lot. Those Green/Blue/Orange chords kill me.

peetfeet

canadian crowe said:
Maybe it's just me but knowing that will be able to tide menover until later down the road and the keys go on sale.

only snag is you have to use the strum bar too :lol At least i thought i read that somewhere....

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Ah, boo, HMX took out 360 headset support? That makes no sense.

Anyway, does anyone know if the autotune makes expert easier? I can't imagine my singing has gotten any better, but I just 99% Don't Stop Believing on Expert. :lol

peetfeet

navanman said:
Can anyone with the PS3 version confirm if you really can delete songs from the library?

I havent got it yet but have seen the song page where the option is there to delete. Seems the only snag is if you downloaded the song as part of a pack the whole pack goes instead of the one song.

navanman

Crown Prince of Custom Firmware
peetfeet said:
Seems the only snag is if you downloaded the song as part of a pack the whole pack goes instead of the one song.
FUCK!! So basically you can only delete DLC and RB1 stuff as they were individual tracks.
Better than nothing I guess.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
navanman said:
Can anyone with the PS3 version confirm if you really can delete songs from the library?
The option is there. When you select a song, you press the orange fret to get more details of the song you selected and it has options to rate, play, and delete the song. I haven't deleted any song yet, though.

peetfeet

navanman said:
FUCK!! So basically you can only delete DLC and RB1 stuff as they were individual tracks.
Better than nothing I guess.

Yes, packs have to be deleted as a whole, individual tracks downloaded can be deleted selectivly.

You can always rate your most hated songs '1' and not have them turn up in random set lists etc if all else fails.

navanman

Crown Prince of Custom Firmware
peetfeet said:
Yes, packs have to be deleted as a whole, individual tracks downloaded can be deleted selectivly.

You can always rate your most hated songs '1' and not have them turn up in random set lists etc if all else fails.

Thanks for the info, sounds OK.

On Friday, goodbye to Charlene, I'm Right Behind You forever!!

wasn't the first rb or so you enter the ps3 code on the site and they give you a code to enter on ps3? That may be the case if they ever launch the rockband site ;o

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
DMPrince said:
wasn't the first rb or so you enter the ps3 code on the site and they give you a code to enter on ps3? That may be the case if they ever launch the rockband site ;o
No. It was only for LEGO Rock Band/Rock Band 2 bonus tracks. The way the export worked for Rock Band 1 was that you inserted the disc and it would rip all the songs onto your hard drive. All you had to do afterwards was purchase the export key for $5 and that was it.

The Gamestop DLC code for PS3 isn't 't working yet, right? The code didn't print on my receipt, so the guy at the store gave me one over the phone and it's not valid. I'm guessing since the store hasn't updated yet, nothing works... right?

Ridley327

sneaky77 said:
so here is a dumb qustion... how do you get imports? just go to redeem code?
Assuming that their servers are working (they aren't right now), you simply enter the RB2 manual code into the entry on the 360. On the PS3, things are a bit different:

The export process will go live sometime after 4:00 PM (Eastern), once the PSN Store has been updated.

Visit rockband.com/ps3-export
When prompted, enter the code from the back of your Rock Band 2 manual
Copy down the new code that the website gives you
In Rock Band 3, go to “Get More Songs” in the Main Menu
Select “Redeem Code”
Enter the code you received from the website

The method of getting the songs into the Wii version is currently unknown.

peetfeet said:
only snag is you have to use the strum bar too :lol At least i thought i read that somewhere....
You do have to use the strum bar. And some things that look like HOPO dont quite function as HOPO when using the guitar to play keys.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
So I bought Lego Rock Band... wanna do the export... but RB.com is still down, of course. :(

Planning on picking this up today. Is there anything special I need to buy if I wanna use my own MIDI keyboard to play the game, or does the basic package come with a MIDI adapter?

legend166

Yeef said:

[edit] Looks like PS3 users will have to wait for the site to go up then go to http://rockband.com/ps3-export and enter the code on the back of the RB2 manual.

Nope, it's on 360.

OK. this is the most disappointing day ever.

Mid day, I got a call from the Gamestop I preordered, saying that they did end up getting the bundle. By the time I got off work and got there, they were sold out. Turns out. 5 preorders, 4 copies.

FUCK GAMESTOP.

Yeef

autobzooty said:
Planning on picking this up today. Is there anything special I need to buy if I wanna use my own MIDI keyboard to play the game, or does the basic package come with a MIDI adapter?
You need to buy the MIDI adapter, which I believe won't be available until November.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Wow, I already have a big complaint with the Pro Keys trainer - they really should have shown pictures of where they want your fingers to be or added the tech they used in the mustang, because I'm clearing the training but I have no idea if I'm actually doing it right.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
AlphaTwo00 said:
OK. this is the most disappointing day ever.

Mid day, I got a call from the Gamestop I preordered, saying that they did end up getting the bundle. By the time I got off work and got there, they were sold out. Turns out. 5 preorders, 4 copies.

FUCK GAMESTOP.
Damn...sorry to hear that. :(

Is the PSN store updated yet? I'm not home right now, but I want to know if the GameStop code works for the people who were having trouble.

Yeef

firehawk12 said:
Wow, I already have a big complaint with the Pro Keys trainer - they really should have shown pictures of where they want your fingers to be or added the tech they used in the mustang, because I'm clearing the training but I have no idea if I'm actually doing it right.
I haven't done all of the lessons yet, but the training sections that I have done had a description that tells you what the fingering should be ("Play the first note with your index finger and the second with your thumb.").

Araxen

Banned
Rewrite said:
Damn...sorry to hear that. :(

Is the PSN store updated yet? I'm not home right now, but I want to know if the GameStop code works for the people who were having trouble.

Sony is taking their sweet time updating the store this week. 7pm Central and it still isn't updated.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
7PM? Wtf. :lol

That's fucking ridiculous. God, they are never on schedule with these updates. :|

Thanks for answering my question.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Yeef said:
I haven't done all of the lessons yet, but the training sections that I have done had a description that tells you what the fingering should be ("Play the first note with your index finger and the second with your thumb.").

I'm up to the part on basic intervals. All it tells you is to "use your middle fingers and thumbs". Given that I have no idea how I'm supposed to change from interval to interval and that it can feel awkward at times, I just resorted to using all my fingers.

It's a pretty big ramp up from learning basic scales, so you'd think they could have done something better.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
peetfeet said:

So then it's exactly the same as it always has been, you just don't have to go to your storage device to do the deletion. The ratings are nice, though, and will come in handy for certain songs that always seem to pop-up on random setlists...

komarkaze

Words cannot described how fucking pissed I am right now. I ordered through Amazon release date delivery. Looking at my shipping status, UPS delivered it to my doorstep this morning at 9:46 am. I come home and I find nothing at my door step and nothing in my mailbox. WTF is this shit?! Now I tried filing a claim through UPS, and set up the account. Once I did that, the UPS site says I can't file a claim because it must be one day after the delivery day. How screwed am I?

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
komarkaze said:
Words cannot described how fucking pissed I am right now. I ordered through Amazon release date delivery. Looking at my shipping status, UPS delivered it to my doorstep this morning at 9:46 am. I come home and I find nothing at my door step and nothing in my mailbox. WTF is this shit?! Now I tried filing a claim through UPS, and set up the account. Once I did that, the UPS site says I can't file a claim because it must be one day after the delivery day. How screwed am I?

did you check your back porch?

I3rand0

komarkaze said:

May have been delivered to the wrong address. This happen to me a couple weeks ago on my Alan Wake LE order. Call Amazon's CS line and tell them and they will overnight another order to you.

Top Bottom