• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rock Band 3 |OT|

Hop

That girl in the bunny hat
A few notes from my playthrough just now...

Llama is appropriately tiered on drums. Holy crap.
25 or 6 to 4 feels like a metal track with all the kick, but once I can make it comfortable to play I gotta steal the beat for my band. So fun.
Love that road challenges let you pick from setlists, at least so far.
I hope the fact that recommendations are just the newest releases is only 'cause there's no data to pull from yet.
When I finished and went back to the main menu, my band was sitting on train tracks tripping balls. Wat?

jas0

Neo Member
Just loaded up the PS3 version. Downloading the free Doors pack now via the in game Music Store. Rockband.com is still down and the PSN store hasn't updated.

W1SSY

Anyone want the Gamestop PS3 preorder bonus? Apparently I got one from the online order even though I canceled it. In case you do not know it is three free songs but I cannot remember which ones right now.

W1SSY said:
Anyone want the Gamestop PS3 preorder bonus? Apparently I got one from the online order even though I canceled it. In case you do not know it is three free songs but I cannot remember which ones right now.
yes please!

would really appreciate it.

Yeef

W1SSY said:
I'll take it if you don't mind. :]

Whomever said it, I think Charron, about Need You Tonight on keys. Thank you. Even someone like me that can barely four star stuff on hard was able to 100% that song on expert pro.

komarkaze

I checked around the house again, under the car, in the garden, around the neighbors, and found nothing. They wouldn't have left it in the back b/c I live in a town house.

I called Amazon customer service and they said they can't do anything until the 28th to allow time for the package to maybe show up. They told me to call UPS to see if they know anything. I called UPS and since it's after 7 pm, the UPS driver who delivered the package is suppose to call me tomorrow morning to tell me exactly where he delivered it.

All I wanted to do was play some Rock Band 3. If Amazon finally does end up shipping me a replacement, I hope they can get it to me before the Doors pack is no longer free. That was the reason why I ordered release day delivery in the first place!

bounchfx

holy fuck stop it with the "sorry theres an error during token redemption"

it's not cool having to type in this entire thing over and over :*(

bounchfx said:
holy fuck stop it with the "sorry theres an error during token redemption"

it's not cool having to type in this entire thing over and over :*(
Why don't you stop and try it tomorrow? You just got over 80 news songs.

Ridley327

PhoncipleBone said:
Whomever said it, I think Charron, about Need You Tonight on keys. Thank you. Even someone like me that can barely four star stuff on hard was able to 100% that song on expert pro.
I can't imagine why!

Yeef

komarkaze said:
I hope they can get it to me before the Doors pack is no longer free. That was the reason why I ordered release day delivery in the first place!
If you have any friends with RB3 just sign into your account on their machine. Then download the pack just so it registers to your account. That way you can always re-download it whenever you get your game.

Raistlin

jas0 said:
Just loaded up the PS3 version. Downloading the free Doors pack now via the in game Music Store. Rockband.com is still down and the PSN store hasn't updated.

Sorry I haven't been following along the thread.

How did you get the free Doors, or other free songs?

Sh0k

Ridley327 said:
Did you purchase them under a different gamertag?
No, all of my Rockband DLC is unde the same gamertag. There are more songs that don't work, don't remember the names now.

Pancho

Qurupancho
Rewrite said:
I can confirm that the GameStop code finally works! Downloading my free three songs right now! :D

Meh, they didn't give me the damn code but whatever =/

I got my game, it's all that matters now....
Oh Rock Band 3....where have you been all my life.

GuessWho said:
damnit, probably cheaper to just get rock band 2 then just get RB3.
Yup. Or the Beatles set (comes with Mic Stand) and then keys and two extra mics. I got two used mics for less than $9 each months ago.

I have spent so much money on this game. I already had RB1 kit and Beatles. Then the weeks leading up the RB3 launch I bought the following:
New Strat
Pro Cymbals
Keyboard Stand
LOTS of Live points
Keyboard bundle
lots of booze for parties.

Conveniently, I am on vacation this week, so this game is getting much love.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Pancho said:
Why didn't they give you the code? You didn't pre-order it? If you did and they didn't give you anything, you should have said something.

Raistlin said:
Out of curiosity, what's this about? Nothing I can't buy later?
Burning Down the House by Talking Heads
My Own Summer by Deftones
Blue Monday by New Order

For free. These will presumably come out for the peasants to download at a later date.

Raistlin said:
Out of curiosity, what's this about? Nothing I can't buy later?

Nice! I'll be back by then.
The gamestop preorder bonus.

New Order-Blue Monday
Talking Heads-Burning Down the House
Deftones-some song I dont care too terribly about and cannot remember the name.

EDIT: Looks above...beaten. (hangs head in shame)

Raistlin

Blu_LED said:
Burning Down the House by Talking Heads
My Own Summer by Deftones
Blue Monday by New Order

For free. These will presumably come out for the peasants to download at a later date.

poop ... I hope it's soon. I like those songs :\

PhoncipleBone said:
EDIT: Looks above...beaten. (hangs head in shame)

Not as much shame as me for having not pre-ordered :(

plagiarize said:
i'm getting an error on the 360 version when i try to enter either the rb2 code or the pre-order code. anyone else getting this?

Yeah, I'm getting errors for both codes. It keeps giving me "error while processing redemption code. Please try again later." error for both. Should I really just wait it out, or is it trying to say my codes are invalid?

EDIT: It did give me a "code is invalid" error one of the times I re-entered the 3-track code. I'm hoping that's because it already worked once before though.

Raistlin said:
poop ... I hope it's soon. I like those songs :\

Not as much shame as me for having not pre-ordered :(
Burning Down the House is deceptively difficult on guitar. That song was a pain in the ass. Fun on keys though.

Blue Monday is fun on drums though. And not to mention the song itself just kicks lots of ass.

Dont worry Raistlin, we can hug it out.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Who at Harmonix thought it was a good idea to have that special effect that lowers down the framerate? That shit is so distracting and it looks awful.

Also, a minor annoyance, but I don't like that the song name/artist doesn't appear until you hit the first note (There's some that are exceptions). Why couldn't it show the title of the song/artist in the beginning like in the previous games?

Shaneus

Can't see anything online about pre-order bonuses for Australians, so looks like I might hold off for a day or two, maybe get a UK copy. Yay!

Aspiring said:
So the Playstation store is update and still no website or export info. What gives? HMXHenry said they are waiting on Sony?
I want to know this too. Do we need rb3 to do the rb2 export? I don't get rb3 till Thursday but I wanted to do the export before then if possible so I can have it all ready (and turn rb2 into a coaster).

Pancho said:

I got my game, it's all that matters now....
Oh Rock Band 3....where have you been all my life.

Call them and say you didn't get the code, they'll give you one over the phone.

GuitarAtomik said:
Yeah, I'm getting errors for both codes. It keeps giving me "error while processing redemption code. Please try again later." error for both. Should I really just wait it out, or is it trying to say my codes are invalid?

EDIT: It did give me a "code is invalid" error one of the times I re-entered the 3-track code. I'm hoping that's because it already worked once before though.
thanks for confirming it's not just me.

pro keys is super fun. so hard to adjust to.

i've beaten a couple of songs on expert and hard already, but so far from mastering most on even normal.

Yeef

criesofthepast said:
I want to know this too. Do we need rb3 to do the rb2 export? I don't get rb3 till Thursday but I wanted to do the export before then if possible so I can have it all ready (and turn rb2 into a coaster).
You shouldn't need RB3 since it's just a download code.

We do need to wait until Rockband.com is up though.

Top Bottom