• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rock Band 3 |OT|

jcutner

any more canadians/torontonians find the 360 bundle?

after gamestop updated their twitter saying the 360 bundles are now showing up in stores (at around 6pm) i called my local EB (whitby) and they said nope, still just the discs and repeated Nov 2nd is when they'd get the bundles.

will try again tommorow, but :(

Rewrite said:
Is anyone really surprised at this point? I think they're just fucking with us now and they're laughing it off.

Yup, it's $10. It's pointless to download it for me since I already got that shit a long time ago. I wonder if it will let you download the LEGO stuff without you ever owning the game?
Well its just a 100kb key. I have the key now soo can't I just borrow or rent it and do the export? Don't know how the process worked with LEGO.

I3rand0

AmericanNinja said:
I went to the PS3 export page and entered the code from the back of my RB2 manual and when I went to redeem it, it said it was for lego rock band export key. but I already have that. I dont know if the system is still messed up or what. I want to export my RB2 songs. >:-(

Same here. Fucking Grace Chen...

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
You guys are complaining about music videos, but from all the songs that I've played...I've yet to come across a music video.

Raistlin said:
Huh? Please explain. I just order Lego ... should I cancel?!?!
On the PS3 side of things, the export site tells you to enter the code in the manual of Rock Band 2. You enter it, and it gives you the code. You enter the code in the 'redeem code' section of Rock Band 3 and it appears as a LEGO Rock Band export key instead of the Rock Band 2 export. If you were lucky enough to get the LEGO Rock Band export key, all you would need to do is pay the $10 fee to download the key and rent/borrow any LEGO Rock Band game and use it. No need for a new copy anymore.

Big Papa Husker said:
How does one add members to a band? I remember in RB2 you went to the band screen and hit some button to add members. My friend tried to add me as a member to his band, but he couldn't find anything. The only thing remotely close was add stand-in.
I just created new characters and assigned them as stand ins. That's the only way I could get my own custom characters instead of the pre-made ones.

criesofthepast said:
Well its just a 100kb key. I have the key now soo can't I just borrow or rent it and do the export? Don't know how the process worked with LEGO.
Yes. You can just borrow/rent LEGO Rock Band now to export it. There's no need to buy a new copy anymore. Congrats!

Aspiring

mooooose said:
If anyone on PS3 gets a Lego code (who already has one) can I pleeeeeeease have it? I'm away from my PS3 and my games right now, but I have Lego Rock Band and that would be awesome.

I will see what happens in regards to me getting my RB2 key first but if no one gives it to you, and i can get my RB2 code without affecting this, you can have mine.

Ridley327

Rewrite said:
You guys are complaining about music videos, but from all the songs that I've played...I've yet to come across a music video.
You unlock them eventually. They'll show up ever so often afterward.

Aspiring

Could it be possible that you do need to enter this code from the in game store? I mean, every press thing says you do, and also this weeks DLC does not show up on the Playstation store, only through the in game store. Anyone try?

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
Raistlin said:
Huh? Please explain. I just order Lego ... should I cancel?!?!
Not quite — the export can only be done from within the game. If you're able to nab a code this way, though, you won't necessarily need a new copy and can just rent it.

allegate said:
HMX has red-headed-stepchild'ed the PS3 since RB1 so I'm not exactly surprised to see it continue to RB3.
I feel bad being critical because I'm sure hmx works hard, but between the export and the keyboard I've been practically begging to give
them my money and they still screw around.

Ridley327

woodypop said:
Can we use the Gamestop 3-song code yet? Mine won't work. (360 user here)
Rock Central is moving slowly, but it will eventually come up. Pay attention to the Message of the Day ticker. If it goes from two messages to six, you're connected and you can commence the redemption of the code.

Also, Blue Monday is the full 7+ minute version.

Aspiring

canadian crowe said:
I feel bad being critical because I'm sure hmx works hard, but between the export and the keyboard I've been practically begging to give
them my money and they still screw around.

Did you try through the in game store? Please try it. It seems the Gamestop codes only work this way as well as this weeks DLC.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
You know what makes this more hilarious?

In the e-mail Harmonix sends you, it says, "Your Rock Band 2 Disc Export Token". Harmonix are truly the masters of trolling. :lol

jgkspsx

Woohoo! RockBand.com 2.0 is live!

Except it still doesn't have account linking or Lego Rock Band export, which are the two things I need from it!

Stupid fire drills.

Rewrite said:
If you were lucky enough to get the LEGO Rock Band export key, all you would need to do is pay the $10 fee to download the key and rent/borrow any LEGO Rock Band game and use it. No need for a new copy anymore.
Can you explain this a bit further because now I'm confused. I can rent or borrow it but I'd still need to pay $10 for the export? I have the key already.

Big Papa Husker said:
How does one add members to a band? I remember in RB2 you went to the band screen and hit some button to add members. My friend tried to add me as a member to his band, but he couldn't find anything. The only thing remotely close was add stand-in.

I'm having the same issue with my band. I created 4 characters and want them on certain band instruments and there's no way to link that character to stay with that instrument. I know there's the Stand-ins "customize" screen where you see your band with 1 member checking out the drums, 1 standing (Singer?) and 2 sitting on the couch (Bass and Guitar). The character I pick for guitar is always the one standing up.

In RB2 you assigned your band members the position. With this shit it's a screen and dumb luck. I got my band on the right instruments for one track but the next one the drummer switched with the singer? wtf....

Anyone else having this issue? Plus how do I fix this bs. I'm on the PS3 so I got fucked before, and again and now again with this L:RB code....

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
criesofthepast said:
Can you explain this a bit further because now I'm confused. I can rent or borrow it but I'd still need to pay $10 for the export? I have the key already.
If you already have the key purchased, you don't need to pay for anything else.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Hey, so.. My RockBand 3 won't be here for at least 40 days. Is there anyway (on the 360) that I can add the "free" release songs on my download queue or something, through Marketplace?

I don't even know which are the Free songs, otherwise I'd look for them myself.

I must be missing something. Where is Rock Central and/or where do I go to connect to it?

I found the key entry area okay, but I'm totally blanking on where Rock Central is.

Also, it looks like the Lego Export code page that the manual directs users to redirects to the main RB.com site...so waiting for that to come back up so I can export those songs. The export guide indicates that this export will still be possible, so hopefully its a launch day oversight.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
Looks like they took down they 16-digit key entry pages on the site (for both RB2 and LRB export). Obviously the realized pretty quickly that they were fucked up. Who knows when they'll actually get them working correctly — what a clusterfuck this whole thing is.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
CATDAFELIX said:
In RB2 you assigned your band members the position. With this shit it's a screen and dumb luck. I got my band on the right instruments for one track but the next one the drummer switched with the singer? wtf....

Anyone else having this issue? Plus how do I fix this bs. I'm on the PS3 so I got fucked before, and again and now again with this L:RB code....
Unfortunately, I don't think it's possible to assign characters to specific instruments like in Rock Band 2. I get the same problem like you where my own band mates switch positions. :\

vatstep said:
Looks like they took down they 16-digit key entry pages on the site (for both RB2 and LRB export). Obviously the realized pretty quickly that they were fucked up. Who knows when they'll actually get them working correctly — what a clusterfuck this whole thing is.
:lol I hope that a shitload of people managed to grab the LEGO Rock Band key without having to buy a new copy.

fernoca

criesofthepast said:
If you have the Lego Rock Band export key (downloaded to your cosnole) all you need is a copy of the game.

vatstep said:
The question is: since we already used the
Code on the website, can we use it again or are we screwed.

At this point Harmonix should cut their losses and just post the whole 2 gig download on psn. People are only going to buy rock band 2 used anyways.

green_focus

No, it doesn't work if you swap lego rock band with rock band 2. I tried before the sites got taken down. only the Lego rockband export token would come up after entering the code from the back of the RB2 manual. :lol

Chris R

Ridley327 said:
There are no competitive multiplayer options in RB3.
Seriously? WTF!!! How will people do local score duels now? Seriously it seems like HMX took a few steps forward and a lot more steps back at this point (to me at least).

Rewrite said:
Unfortunately, I don't think it's possible to assign characters to specific instruments like in Rock Band 2. I get the same problem like you where my own band mates switch positions. :\

......so it's not only me. :(

I heard that if you hook up guitar/bass/mic/drums/keyboard? and assign the characters you want it will make those characters stay in those positions. Then you drop out I think.

I only have the RB2 SE set so I don't have another guitar for bass. I also don't have a keyboard due to the fact I'm in Canada. Anybody out there try this method and does it work?

Araxen

Banned
Whelp I got a free lego export key out of this at least for all the crap Harmonix has done today. Almost midnight still waiting to get my RB2 songs imported. Won't happen till tomorrow it seems.

I don't know why they went through all the trouble of this key mess this time around. With RB1 import you just bought the key off the store. You didn't have to mess with any numbers.

Ridley327

letsbereasonable said:
I must be missing something. Where is Rock Central and/or where do I go to connect to it?

I found the key entry area okay, but I'm totally blanking on where Rock Central is.

Also, it looks like the Lego Export code page that the manual directs users to redirects to the main RB.com site...so waiting for that to come back up so I can export those songs. The export guide indicates that this export will still be possible, so hopefully its a launch day oversight.
The game is...well, OK, it always tries to connect to Rock Central (which is the server for the game). If there's funny business going on with it, then it affects everything.

Yay! And Fuck! Got my RB2 export code to work but now it's saying the Gamestop one is invalid. Do I have to call Gamestop or EA or about that one?

Ridley327 said:
The game is...well, OK, it always tries to connect to Rock Central (which is the server for the game). If there's funny business going on with it, then it affects everything.

That's what I thought. The Twitter message makes it sound like the user needs to go manually sign in to Rock Central or visit that spot of the interface, but IIRC in RB2 it just connected to Rock Central on load.

What a mess of a launch day. For a music game!

Ridley327

GuitarAtomik said:
Yay! And Fuck! Got my RB2 export code to work but now it's saying the Gamestop one is invalid. Do I have to call Gamestop or EA or about that one?
Call or email Gamestop; they're typically pretty tip-top when it comes to resolving issues like that.

DJ_Tet

Banned
How did you Gamestop guys get your pre-order code? Does it come with the game?

I ordered mine online last night right before launch but didn't get a code, wondering if I should wait for the game to get here before harassing the local GS for one.

edit: cool I already emailed GS. Hopefully they will get back to me soon :)

Emailed Rock Band support. Hopefully they give us a new code or reset our existing codes. Lots of people on twitter complaining about this fiasco too. What a fuckup.

fisheyes

My god, what a clusterfuck.

I'm in Australia, I'm on 360, I have a UK version of RB2 (since Harmonix hates us Aussies), and am about to go out and buy the AUS version of RB3 - I can't do anything to get my RB2 songs into RB3 yet, right? Seemingly not until at least when PAL RB3 is supposed to launch, right?

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
GuitarAtomik said:
I actually managed a brief window where I got my Gamestop code to work, but I keep getting errors on my RB2 export.

I'm just going to wait until tomorrow to export RB2.

Sucks about them dropping more songs. Journey hurts as does Black Hole of the Sun.

I have a question about the disc based track packs. If I bought the classic rock pack used from Gamestop can I import that in RB3?

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
jhferry said:
I have a question about the disc based track packs. If I bought the classic rock pack used from Gamestop can I import that in RB3?
No. Most likely the code would have been used.

I KNEW I was down an Oasis song!! Rock N' Roll Star isn't showing up in the game, along with the known Rock Your Socks. Anyone else having this problem? I know Rock N' Roll Star won't import on PAL copies since it's an on disc song, but why won't it show up in the NA RB3??

so i bought a USB to MIDI adapter in light of the official rock band one not being out yet. any idea if this is something that works? i can't seem to get it going, but i've never used my synthesizer for something like this before.

suplex

Picked up the game only earlier today. Not sure if I'll get the RB3 keyboard or a cheap midi keyboard later on.

Exported RB2 already, everything went smooth on 360. Shame about the missing songs but maybe they'll be a part of future album dlc or something.

Got my free Doors songs, and went ahead and bought the rest of them. The Doors are one of the bands I had been wishing for in this game for a while.

Played a few songs on expert guitar, and I am not nearly as good as I used to be. :lol I think part of it is that RB1 originally made me think I was better than I was, and the other part is that I really haven't played much RB2 at all over the past year or so. I played a handful of songs of a variety of difficulty levels and didn't manage to gold star one. Failed miserably on 25 or 6 to 4. Oh well, I'll chalk it up to being out of practice.

Regardless the game is still very fun. Can't wait to get around to playing all of The Doors songs, and also all of the recent Hendrix DLC.

Top Bottom