• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rock Band 3 |OT|

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
Free Bird + Pro Keys + Expert = SO FUCKING GOOD.

Woo! Looks like it arrived at home. My wife signed for the package since I'm still at work. Sigh, now I just need to hurry up and finish what I was doing.

Edit: I would love to see some more videos of expert pro keys. There are hardly any up on youtube right now.

Raistlin

PhoncipleBone said:
Burning Down the House is deceptively difficult on guitar. That song was a pain in the ass. Fun on keys though.

Blue Monday is fun on drums though. And not to mention the song itself just kicks lots of ass.

Dont worry Raistlin, we can hug it out.
:lol

ultron87

Well this has reminded me that all three of my guitars has a separate issue that makes playing with them annoying. Now I need to get at least one new one. Damnit.

Ding

Could someone pretty please repeat how I can get a "replacement" code that will allow me to export my RB2 songs? All the links I've followed so far seem to leave me on a generic EA support page. Once there, I haven't been able to find any instructions specific to this issue.

(I don't keep any of my boxes or manuals much longer than a week. I guess I may have to rethink that strategy.)

Aspiring

like where the fuck is this website? I mean, fucking hurry up HMX.

We want the site up as bad as you do. More! We'll have PS3 export info very soon. Mostly waiting on Sony. Thanks for waiting!

Hey Sony friends, RB2 export should go live on PS3 around 4 this afternoon when Sony updates things on their end. Hang in there!

Sony has been updated for ages. What the fuck is the holdup???

Hop

That girl in the bunny hat
Eye Drop said:
Is there any way to turn off the whammy sound effect in 3? My friends get pissed when I whammy, but I want teh points :(

Whammy doesn't improve your score, it only improves how much OD you get from OD sustain notes.

ahvostik

rock band 3 is fun.

I bought a roland midi drum set.

I've wanted one since I was in high school. I'm 25 years old.

This has been a great week. :)

once the midi adapter finally comes out... then my life will be complete and I will cease to exist to the outside world.

So after getting this tonight, I played around with it. I'm really digging it so far, but here's a couple thoughts that went through my head throughout the night:

- I've downloaded a crapload of music; 280-some songs. Subtract however many were the export from RB1 (Haven't expored RB2 yet) and that's a lot of cash.
- I like the streamlined new interface.
- The new selection of songs is a lot of fun.
- Almost all of my instruments are from RB1 and the Xplorer from the 360 version of GH2... I'm needing to upgrade.
- I actually got nostalgic about playing the old GH1 and GH2 tracks (Beast and the Harlot, No One Knows, Free Bird.) It wasn't the song themselves, but actually playing the guitar portion. :lol

- Pro Keys is cool but after playing piano for >20 yrs, I'm having to re-wire my brain to understand Harmonix's charting. I jumped on Prokeys on hard-expert and the whole "which section is blue or yellow, oh and wait, now it's shifting" is really weird. I've actually done a better job playing the songs by ear then trying to follow the charting. I wish that Harmonix could've added a small letter to notate which note is gonna be played. (hell that could've taught people who don't know really music a little about tone too.)

Overall though, I'm really liking it. I'm gonna buy a new hard drive, try to track down a new copy of LRB (yes I need some of those songs) and invite some peeps over. :)

Edit: Also loading time is a lot better on the 360 version!

Argyle

I just noticed that if you are singing and there is a harmony part, whatever part you choose to sing gets turned up in the mix to help you out...awesome!

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
From the export details:

*Please note that the following songs from the original Rock Band cannot be exported into any other titles:

* "Enter Sandman" by Metallica
* "Paranoid" as made famous by Black Sabbath
* "Run to the Hills" as made famous by Iron Maiden
* "Monsoon" by Tokio Hotel (from the European version of Rock Band)

*Please also note that the following songs from the original Rock Band cannot be exported into Rock Band 3:

* "Black Hole Sun" by Soundgarden
* "Dani California" by Red Hot Chili Peppers
* "Hier Kommt Alex" by Die Toten Hosen (from the European version of Rock Band)
* "Rock 'n' Roll Star" by Oasis (from the European version of Rock Band)

WTF @ Rock 'n' Roll Star.

PS3 export page is HERE

impirius

I just acquired and entered the code for the PS3 export key, and it downloaded a Lego Rock Band Export Key. Ehh? What do I do with this?

I went to the PS3 export page and entered the code from the back of my RB2 manual and when I went to redeem it, it said it was for lego rock band export key. but I already have that. I dont know if the system is still messed up or what. I want to export my RB2 songs. >:-(

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Full details PS3:

Exporting Songs from Rock Band 2 (PlayStation®3)*:

* Visit www.rockband.com/ps3-export
* Enter the code from the back of your Rock Band 2 manual where prompted. (Note: This will be the same code that you used to get the “Bonus Downloadable Tracks,” but the web address is different.
* Copy down the code given to you from the website for use in Rock Band 3.
* Load up Rock Band 3.
* Select “Get More Songs” from the Main Menu of Rock Band 3.
* Select “Redeem Code.”
* Enter the code that you received from the website.

Wii:

Exporting Songs from Rock Band 2 (Wii)*:

* When you load up Rock Band 3 on your Wii console, the game will automatically look for Rock Band 2 saved data.
* If Rock Band 2 saved data is detected, the token will pop up in “Previously Redeemed Codes.”
* To export these tracks, go to “Get More Songs” from the Main Menu of Rock Band 3.
* Select “Redeem Code.”
* Select “Previously Redeemed Codes.”
* Select the “Rock Band 2 Export Pack” (costs 1,000 Wii Points).

Note that on the Wii, you can select which specific tracks you want to export into Rock Band 3. Also note that downloading exported songs on the Wii may take up to several minutes per song. *Please note that the following songs from Rock Band 2 cannot be exported into any other titles:

* "Let There Be Rock" by AC/DC
* "Anyway You Want It" by Journey
* "Battery" by Metallica
* "Give It Away” by Red Hot Chili Peppers
* “Spoonman” by Soundgarden

IAmtheFMan said:
- Pro Keys is cool but after playing piano for >20 yrs, I'm having to re-wire my brain to understand Harmonix's charting. I jumped on Prokeys on hard-expert and the whole "which section is blue or yellow, oh and wait, now it's shifting" is really weird. I've actually done a better job playing the songs by ear then trying to follow the charting. I wish that Harmonix could've added a small letter to notate which note is gonna be played. (hell that could've taught people who don't know really music a little about tone too.)

Yeah, it's kind of confusing the way they fall down the chart, though I assumed that was due to lack of experience on my part. I noticed during the trainers that I was playing the sections better when I just memorized what notes I was supposed to play and just kept my eyes on the keyboard. I feel like something about the on-screen chart doesn't properly convey the space between keys so it's hard to do it without looking. But again, that's probably due to my lack of actual keyboard experience and I'm sure I'll get better at it over time.

That aside, I'm still having a lot of fun with pro keys. Tears for Fears and Cold as Ice are amazingly fun so far.

AmericanNinja said:
I went to the PS3 export page and entered the code from the back of my RB2 manual and when I went to redeem it, it said it was for lego rock band export key. but I already have that. I dont know if the system is still messed up or what. I want to export my RB2 songs. >:-(
wait so they are giving away free lego export keys? glitch? don't know if i should try to input my code now or wait till this is fixed. i dont want to go through ea support to get another code.

Aspiring

Ummm so i just entered the code i got from that website and when i enter it, it brings up something for LEGO Rock Band, which i have already purchased, an than gives an error. Must it be downloaded from the in game store?

EDIT: Beaten but what the fuck is this shit?

Slacker

I just did my PS3 RB2 code and got a RB2 download code... as far as I can tell at least.

LOL how do I get a Lego Rock Band code? :p

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
The new site is pretty ugly — although the old one wasn't a real looker, either. And frames, really?

Aspiring

So HMXHenry says to shoot them an email and they will get it fixed tomorrow. What the fuck i want this shit now!

AmericanNinja said:
I'd say http://twitter.com/#!/RockBand

Can someone let them know that it is not a one off and it happened to heaps of people? Im not a twitter guy.

It sucks but isn't this lego rock band key worth $9.99? Or am I reading that wrong? For people who have it already, this blows. I didn't have it. I still want my damn RB2 songs though.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Is anyone really surprised at this point? I think they're just fucking with us now and they're laughing it off.

criesofthepast said:
It sucks but isn't this lego rock band key worth $9.99? Or am I reading that wrong? For people who have it already, this blows. I didn't have it. I still want my damn RB2 songs though.
Yup, it's $10. It's pointless to download it for me since I already got that shit a long time ago. I wonder if it will let you download the LEGO stuff without you ever owning the game?

Ridley327

canadian crowe said:
Wow we are getting boned here. Harmonix really does not have their act together for ps3.
Sony should have sold off the Frequency franchise back to Harmonix when they had the chance! :lol

Chris R

a) Where is two player score duel? Only got lead/rhythm or guitar/bass trying to score duel guitars.
b) How do I turn these dumb ass videos off? I got one after playing my very first song that took forever and was unskipable.
c) Was someone pulling my leg when they said keys (Non Pro) could be emulated via guitar? I remember reading something about how strange the chords were playing keys on a guitar.

Decent overall, but I'll have to grow to love it. Don't like the menu setup at all. Manual isn't much help either. Didn't get the keys today because the store I was going to buy them from had 0. They also had 0 copies of the game (but had over 100 copies of fable 3) dude said they didn't have any hardware on order and might not get the game until November :lol Last time I buy anything from there :( Guess I'm off to BB tomorrow to buy the keys.

Raistlin

IAmtheFMan said:

This is my concern as well. I won't be able to test it until the MIDI box shows up, but I'm not going to be surprised if this is the consensus.

I'd say even more concerning is the pro guitar charting. I'm planning on getting the Squier, but seeing the videos ... I just don't know. I'd much prefer they moved the guitar to horizontal like the vocals, and simply used tablature. Why reinvent the wheel?

Hopefully if enough people whine, they'll rectify it with a patch or at least in RB4 :p. The sad reality though is that it probably won't be popular enough for them to bother :\

mooooose

If anyone on PS3 gets a Lego code (who already has one) can I pleeeeeeease have it? I'm away from my PS3 and my games right now, but I have Lego Rock Band and that would be awesome.

How does one add members to a band? I remember in RB2 you went to the band screen and hit some button to add members. My friend tried to add me as a member to his band, but he couldn't find anything. The only thing remotely close was add stand-in.

Top Bottom