• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rock Band 3 |OT|

They've got some crazy good deals going on at the MadCatz online store (gameshark.com) right now:

-Rock Band Mustang Pro guitar controller and a Wireless Precision Bass replica for $149. - PS3, X360, Wii
-Rock Band Wooden Fender replica and Wireless Precision Bass replica for $149 - X360
-Rock Band Keyboard and Keyboard Stand for $79.99 - PS3, X360, Wii
-Buy double cymbal pack, get single cymbal free

Quick question...

...I bought a set of Rock Band 1 drums for f'all (going to keep them at my mother's house for xmas gaming) and I'd like to quiet them somewhat as I recall my originals were particularly loud. Problem is, when I looked originally there was one set of "silencers" available, and they were considered good. Now when I search I come up with a ton of them, and I have no idea what's best to buy.

As I recall, the good ones didn't cover the edges, but were essentially a stick on pad for the centre surface. Anyone know which ones I should be looking at / where to get them? (I'm in the UK)

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Psychotext said:
Quick question...

...I bought a set of Rock Band 1 drums for f'all (going to keep them at my mother's house for xmas gaming) and I'd like to quiet them somewhat as I recall my originals were particularly loud. Problem is, when I looked originally there was one set of "silencers" available, and they were considered good. Now when I search I come up with a ton of them, and I have no idea what's best to buy.

As I recall, the good ones didn't cover the edges, but were essentially a stick on pad for the centre surface. Anyone know which ones I should be looking at / where to get them? (I'm in the UK)

I think there were only the official rock band silencers ever released in the UK. Worth checking HMV they used to have them in.

Wessiej

So after a month the keyboard will be available in Europe, goddamn cant wait. But I still dont trust HMX/MadCatz so I'm sure that I will get it tomorrow :(

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Wessiej said:
So after a month the keyboard will be available in Europe, goddamn cant wait. But I still dont trust HMX/MadCatz so I'm sure that I will get it tomorrow :(

? You mean the MIDI interface? I've had my PS3 keyboard for a couple of weeks and they've been in HMV stores at least for 360/Wii

hank_tree

I keep getting the "looks like we rocked too hard" error when trying to link my account on rockband.com. I've been trying on and off for the last two weeks. Any got any suggestions?

Maddog

I don't live in the UK but here is what the "good" ones look like
rock_band_drum_silencers_1.jpg

jgkspsx

drmcclin said:
They've got some crazy good deals going on at the MadCatz online store (gameshark.com) right now:

-Rock Band Mustang Pro guitar controller and a Wireless Precision Bass replica for $149. - PS3, X360, Wii
-Rock Band Wooden Fender replica and Wireless Precision Bass replica for $149 - X360
-Rock Band Keyboard and Keyboard Stand for $79.99 - PS3, X360, Wii
-Buy double cymbal pack, get single cymbal free

Holy crap, a Mustang and a P-Bass shipped for $142?? Man!

Do all RB network songs come to the ps3 after the 30 day 360 exclusivity? I've been waiting for Dark Horse by Converge for a month now and it's not in the PS3 store.

:(

Yeef

Nope. Only select songs. usually the best sellers.

The reason is that, unlike 360, which uses the XNA backend that allows anyone to post up just about anything, the RBN stuff on PSN (and Wii as well, I think) has to go through the normal approval process that everything else has to go through.

Chris R

Grabbed a keyboard yesterday. Thing is so damn fun. Tried regular keys but found jumping straight into Pro Keys (even if at medium/easy) was so much better. Why even include regular keys?!?!? :lol

is the rock band special value worth the money???

I know it has the rock band 1 instruments, but here in Chile there is nowhere to be found the set for rock band 2 :(

the other choice i have are guitar hero world tour bundle or to save a little more and buy the warriors of rock bundle...

anyone that can help me to pick one??

the special value is aprox 155 dlrs
the world tour is aprox 200 dlrs
and the wor is aprox 244 dlrs

halp?? :lol

corkscrewblow said:
WoR bundle is probably your best bet, though GH drums are awkward to play RB with.

Mmmmm, thats the problem.....

I would have to try the guitar hero drums on rock band to see if its there any difference D:

Mileena

Banned
Only difference is GH kit has five pads and RB only uses four. RB1 instruments are definitely not worth that much money considering the guitar is easily the worst ever made and both drums/guitar probably won't last very long before they stop functioning. That's a pretty shitty situation.

corkscrewblow said:
Only difference is GH kit has five pads and RB only uses four. RB1 instruments are definitely not worth that much money considering the guitar is easily the worst ever made and both drums/guitar probably won't last very long before they stop functioning. That's a pretty shitty situation.

Thanks for the tip :)

guess I gotta save more money to buy WoR bundle (wish we have viernes negro here):lol

No Beatles bundles in your area? You get a mic, mic stand, the game, the best wireless drums out there, and a kick ass (yet long) bass controller too. The guitar is up for debate, as some prefer the RB stuff, some the GH stuff, but it is pretty universally accepted that the RB2/Beatles drums are the best drums out there for the game. (Excluding the ION kit).

criesofthepast said:
Do all RB network songs come to the ps3 after the 30 day 360 exclusivity? I've been waiting for Dark Horse by Converge for a month now and it's not in the PS3 store.

:(

come again?
CONVERGE? On Rock Band?

Two of the best things in life... converging? Yeahhhhhhhhh.

PhoncipleBone said:
No Beatles bundles in your area? You get a mic, mic stand, the game, the best wireless drums out there, and a kick ass (yet long) bass controller too. The guitar is up for debate, as some prefer the RB stuff, some the GH stuff, but it is pretty universally accepted that the RB2/Beatles drums are the best drums out there for the game. (Excluding the ION kit).
Nop...

All is out of stock and doesn't seem to come a new batch of bundles...

Maybe in a place I go there would be, but they would sell it at 500 dlrs and I wont spend that money :lol

Shaneus

CCR pack GET. Thank fuck I subscribe to this thread... I knew about the deal but only got reminded a few mins ago when I jumped on GAF.

Shaneus said:
CCR pack GET. Thank fuck I subscribe to this thread... I knew about the deal but only got reminded a few mins ago when I jumped on GAF.
Fucking awesome pack. Bought it on day one. Not mad that I paid full price, as I have been enjoying it for weeks. :D

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
What is it with some songs/scores not updating on the leaderboards? Like: I'll play a song, get ranked, and my new score will be reflected on the leaderboards but my placement won't update. Then, I'll play some other songs and everything updates immediately for them...? Hopefully it's just slow for some songs and won't be completely lost in the ether.

Also, Rock Lobster is ridiculously fun on drums.

I tried the RB1 guitar the other day to compare it to my aging GHWT controller.

Liked
-Construction quality (no stickers/faceplates)
-Navigation buttons

Didn't like
-The strumbar, wow. It has the right sensitivity but I need a click - not as audible as on the GHWT but I need to feel it to make sure I strummed right. IMO it's still better for alt-strumming. I think HMX has the right idea but it needs more feedback
-Not having a OD button
-The fret buttons are too loud

Still I'm thinking of buying a RB2 "wooden" guitar. How much better is it? How much better are the Beatles guitars to the RB2 guitar?

ChoklitReign said:
I tried the RB1 guitar the other day to compare it to my aging GHWT controller.

Liked
-Construction quality (no stickers/faceplates)
-Navigation buttons

Didn't like
-The strumbar, wow. It has the right sensitivity but I need a click - not as audible as on the GHWT but I need to feel it to make sure I strummed right. IMO it's still better for alt-strumming. I think HMX has the right idea but it needs more feedback
-Not having a OD button
-The fret buttons are too loud

Still I'm thinking of buying a RB2 "wooden" guitar. How much better is it? How much better are the Beatles guitars to the RB2 guitar?

As for your critiques of the RB1 guitar compared to newer RB guitars:
1. Strumbar: it is better now. It is slightly less mushy, but not as clicky as the GH ones. But you can feel it hit more than before.
2. The select button can act as OD instead of the palm button on the GH ones (which the palm button was a good idea). You can also use your drum pedal as an OD pedal on the RB2 and Beatles guitars.
3. The frets on the RB2 are slightly quieter, but not as mushy as the GH ones. They still are audibly clicky.

The Beatles controllers are the best plastic guitars for me. The buttons are quiet and soft, making it easy to glide around them with fast HOPO sections. The strum bars have a good feel to them while being silent. And they look damn good.

The RB3 guitars are basically the RB2 ones. Slightly clicky buttons, better strum bars. But to me, the Beatles ones are my favorite.

I don't find the Beatles guitars' buttons to be quiet at all. There's an audible click when you press them in which I find very distracting; when you have long stretches of single note non-HOPOs it's like having an off beat metronome.

Neo_ZX

I own RB1, 2 and Beatles guitars and after comparing them all I definitely see a gradual improvement in each iteration. The strum bar is less mushy and the buttons are softer and less clicky. I concur that the Beatles are the best guitars by far.

In each guitar the strum bar does tend to break down over time making them all equally loose after a few months. Still, the improvement in the frets makes it much less tiring to play for long sessions.

Hige

drmcclin said:
CCR pack is one of the best they've ever released.
No kidding. I must not have listened to the pack on youtube or I didn't have enough points when it originally released, cause I overlooked it until this deal. Had a blast with almost every song in the pack and I recognized a number of the songs too. :D Definitely one of the better song packs IMO.

Varna

So I've finally gotten around to playing some of the actual RB3 tracks (seriously... this is the worst track list easily). Was playing through Cold as Ice... new hammer on mechanics? Some crazy looking hammer on notes during the end of the solo... what the hell was that?

EDIT: I can see for miles... my god. Just awful. If you can't get a proper master track don't even bother. So annoying playing only lead guitar and hearing the rhythm guitar in the background with something that would have been 100% more interesting.

Varna said:
So I've finally gotten around to playing some of the actual RB3 tracks (seriously... this is the worst track list easily). Was playing through Cold as Ice... new hammer on mechanics? Some crazy looking hammer on notes during the end of the solo... what the hell was that?

EDIT: I can see for miles... my god. Just awful. If you can't get a proper master track don't even bother. So annoying playing only lead guitar and hearing the rhythm guitar in the background with something that would have been 100% more interesting.
Didn't know there was a rhythm guitar in "I Can See for Miles." Just Keith on drums, John on bass, Pete on guitar, and Roger singing.

Varna

PhoncipleBone said:
Didn't know there was a rhythm guitar in "I Can See for Miles." Just Keith on drums, John on bass, Pete on guitar, and Roger singing.

Hm... I'm hearing something in the background that sound like a second guitar. There is no piano part either.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Varna said:
Hm... I'm hearing something in the background that sound like a second guitar. There is no piano part either.
It's the way they mixed it. It sounds good, but when you're playing it, it's terrible. It's like you can barely hear the guitar part you're playing....this is especially noticeable in Free Bird. So awful. They could have boosted the part you're playing so that there wouldn't be this confusion, but nope. It's mixed good which is good for the ears, but it's terrible for feedback. I haven't touched the game ever since I finished the Endless Setlist III. I dread to play the majority of the Rock Band 3 setlist on guitar. The Killing Moon is one of my favorite gems though. Good song and it's fun to play for every instrument unlike the majority of the other tracks.

I Can See For Miles shouldn't be in the game. I'm assuming there's an issue with the masters, otherwise it makes no sense to have you playing chords when there's a guitar track actually doing something interesting.

Ark Malmeida

Neo Member
Ark Malmeida said:
Anyone still having problems with the Lego RB export on 360?

I was able to get the code from the RB site and then enter it into the 360 dashboard to get the license key without any problems. However, when I boot up Lego RB and go to the music store for the export I always get an error from the dashboard pop up saying there are issues with the Live Marketplace. There are no problems with any other songs/packs from within the music store though so it looks to be export specific.

Just wanted to let anyone that ran/runs into this issue know that I was FINALLY able to download the export pack last night. After clearing the cache on my HDD and trying to re-download the key a few times didn't work I did some searching around and found that having the export key for the RB1 songs on my HDD was what was causing the problem. It was somehow conflicting with the Lego export key. Once I deleted the RB1 key it worked immediately.

Top Bottom