• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rock Band 4 |OT| We're Putting The Rock Band Back Together

Lists? Ok, I'll join in. I don't think it's fair to put RB4 on the list yet because it's still getting updates that could change my ranking of it.

RB2>TB:RB>RB3>RB1>Blitz>Lego

If we're ranking games I'd bury World Tour at the very bottom near Van Halen simply because a lot of songs were shared with RB2 and I also felt that the band gameplay was a shameless cash in on RB.

World Tour is what switched me from GH to RB, although Metallica, 5 and WoR were still good.

Storm360

For me, RB3 > TBRB > RB2 > LEGO > RB1 > RB4 > GDRB so far

Talking in game quality

Setlist wise I'd say Beatles, then consider them RB2 > RB1 > LEGO > RB 3 > RB4 > GDRB

Maybe RB4 will change in time but I really don't like it how it stands.

Lady Gaia

Now that most of the individual instruments are out in the wild it's looking to have the complete setup of all the latest and greatest instruments, it's costs $460. Band in a box bundle plus one extra guitar plus cymbal expansion plus 2 mics. Daaaaaaaang!

You haven't even started down the rabbit hole, have you? You can easily add hundreds of dollars of DLC, the MIDI Pro Adapter for PS3 and a decent MIDI drum kit and things get slightly more out of control.

As a direct result of Rock Band and Rocksmith I've purchased pretty close to $5k in instruments alone. Okay, so that includes an acoustic guitar that doesn't even have a pickup – I'm still blaming the genre. ;-)

Rated-G

Man with the potential for more Van Halen in the future I would absolutely love if we got Right Now AND Pro Keys support... I wanted that so badly when Rock Band 3 came out.

CloudWolf

On the Twitter side of things in my circle, yeah. But who says that I have to bow to consensus! I am an individual!

Let's be serious here, the only reason you love World Tour is because it had a playable Hayley Williams avatar.
Guitar Hero 5 had a better redhead rock singer in the game IMO.

Kolma

Let's be serious here, the only reason you love World Tour is because it had a playable Hayley Williams avatar.

Let's not forgot the Guitarist from GH: Aerosmith
latest

People say that and while YES THAT'S AMAZING OH MY GOD!! I always forget because I never unlocked her. So that makes it even MORE awesome there more I think of it

Onboard for Irresistible (Though, really? Still no SR&R, and this hasn't even been the album's biggest single. Maybe as part of a pack with 'Uma Thurman' & 'My Songs Know What You Did In The Dark'?) and Dreams (Usually indifferent to Beck, but something about this track is catchy as fuck.).

Edit - Also it seems people are speculating this will be Gamestop's Black Friday 5-song bonus offer. So it should hit the DLC store the following week?
Plus, what is it about my taste in music that my most-desired tracks get swept up as retailer exclusives? 'All The Rage Back Home' and 'September' were XBox bonuses, 'Trainwreck 1979' and 'Don't Wanna Fight' were Amazon only.. Now FOB & Beck are behind a similar wall. Just my luck.

The only song out of those that I know is "Irresistible" by Fall Out Boy and GOD DAMMIT IF YOU HAD TO PICK ANOTHER SONG FROM THAT ALBUM WHY THAT ONE NOOOOOOOOOOOOO

(thank you hamronix for more fall out boy)

bobohoro

Dreams by Beck better be part of a Beck pack.

Comes as a free song with the Sea Change album pack.

Aerosmith/Van Halen packs were good, just don't care about either band, so I'm still not buying any of the new DLC and rather spending my money on obscure RBN-stuff I probably won't get to transfer over to RB4. :O

I really want some 70s/80s prog. King Crimson, Van Der Graaf Generator, Camel, more Yes, anything will do.

zulux21

Oh no, now that we have Van Halen, what will people complain about next week?

ideally people will be complaining that they got an Eve 6 pack :p

or if the leaks are true that we got fall out boy's irresistible instead of Immortals :/
I'll have to listen to the leaked songs if they are legit but as it stands I wouldn't get any of them as I don't really know most of them. The only one I can hum off the top of my head was the fall out boy song and it was one of my least favorites from the new cd :/

dallow_bg

nods at old men
I can't believe we're still waiting on standalone guitar controllers.

Everyone I know who has RB4 switched console families to play it. Everyone's Xbox stuff is now useless and no one is really interested in seeking out used standalone PS3 guitar controllers or anything.

Wario posted a pre-order link for the guitar yesterday.
It was $99 though.

Kolma

From official PR

Boston MA and Rockville MD – November 20th, 2015 – To celebrate the blockbuster success of Fallout® 4, Harmonix Music Systems, Inc. and Bethesda Game Studios® today announced that the Fallout 4 Vault 111 Suit will be added to the character creator in Rock Band™ 4 for both Xbox One and the PlayStation®4 computer entertainment system.

Players’ in-game avatars can rock their way through the apocalypse sporting the Vault 111 Suit, complete with the music-reactive Pip-Boy™, when the free Rock Band 4 title update launches on December 8th.

“Rock Band’s character creator has always provided our players a way to live out their rock and roll fantasies, and we’re excited Rock Band 4 allows us to expand those fantastic possibilities by adding new assets to it, highlighted by the Vault 111 Suit. I’ve been a Fallout fan since the beginning. Playing some of the amazing songs in our Rock Band catalog with a band of Vault dwellers is something we think you’ll find is crazy fun” said Harmonix CEO Steve Janiak.

MUSIC REACTIVE PIP BOY

ElNarez

Banned
Not gonna lie, that's kinda everything I've ever wanted when they said Rock Band 4 would have "regular content updates". Give me all the dumb promotional tie-in costumes always.

More legacy stuff is available on SCEA:

Deftones
Tha Shiznit - Snoop Dogg
Bon Jovi
The Loco-Motion - Grand Funk Railroad
Strutter - Kiss
Take On Me - a-ha
CCR Pack 02
Santa Monica - Everclear
Under Cover of Darkness - The Strokes
The Stroke - Billy Squier
Come On Eileen - Save Ferris
Dave Matthews Band Pack 01
The Weight - The Band
Take me out - Franz Ferdinand
Black Magic Woman - Santana
We didn't start the fire - Bily Joel
Stayin alive - Bee Gees

More legacy stuff is available on SCEA:

Deftones
Tha Shiznit - Snoop Dogg
Bon Jovi
The Loco-Motion - Grand Funk Railroad
Strutter - Kiss
Take On Me - a-ha
CCR Pack 02
Santa Monica - Everclear
Under Cover of Darkness - The Strokes
The Stroke - Billy Squier
Come On Eileen - Save Ferris
Dave Matthews Band Pack 01
The Weight - The Band
Take me out - Franz Ferdinand
Black Magic Woman - Santana
We didn't start the fire - Bily Joel
Stayin alive - Bee Gees

Real MVP right here. Thanks for the heads up

Well, I'm just a little pissed that RB1, 2 and Lego won't be out til early next year. I mean, I guess it makes sense to put out stuff that people can buy immediately (RB3 export, DLC library) but still..... I'm pissed!

And what about AC/DC?

Top Bottom