• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rock Band 4 |OT| We're Putting The Rock Band Back Together

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?
RB3 had the options to disable miss sounds.
I always turned them off cause it was annoying as fuck, I could imagine more so when you are purposely missing :(

I'm sure they will add the option back in to RB4 eventually. But for now there is nothing we can do. You might as well play along with youtube videos if using your own drumset.

As for #1.. no idea anything about that. all I remember hearing(reading) is that cymbals do not work with the GHWT/GHWOR midi method.

Thanks for answering. Yeah, I hope they add that option in if it's not there. I found playing that way a fantastic way to practice my drumming. Maybe when they add in practice mode.

if the Target price error worked on the XBO version I was going to go get one since they had it, but it wasn't for that one.

And where are the DLC sales this weekend? I thought the Harmonix email said there would be DLC sales this weekend.

_woLf

Got my cymbal kit today. They're pure fucking garbage.

Songs like rio are still completely impossible on them and are a good example of songs I could play easier on a real kit compared to the POS rock band kit.

I want ions.

Edit: more I use them more I think I just have a faulty set. Gah...

So due to that PS4 sale, I had to leave the Xbox world behind (along with over 1000 songs, including all exports). It's nice to be back, even if less than 100 songs.

Anyone else find the D-pad on the Guitar just terrible?
Also, I guess I need to borrow a friend's computer with Bluetooth in order to update my instruments.

Anyone have any Export Codes or DLC Codes for PSN they want to sell? Especially Rock Band 2 Export Code.

Kolma

So due to that PS4 sale, I had to leave the Xbox world behind (along with over 1000 songs, including all exports). It's nice to be back, even if less than 100 songs.

Anyone else find the D-pad on the Guitar just terrible?
Also, I guess I need to borrow a friend's computer with Bluetooth in order to update my instruments.

Anyone have any Export Codes or DLC Codes for PSN they want to sell? Especially Rock Band 2 Export Code.

Wouldn't it still be cheaper to get it on Xbox One though...? Also you have all those exported/delisted tracks

Kolma

Hey guys dunno if this is against the rules or not...

But someone on ebay is selling "NEW Red Hot Chili Peppers 5-SONGS Download Code XBOX 360 rhcp DLC Rock Band 3"

For only $3.90

[RB121-.46] This is a 5-song exclusive download code that had limited availability in 2011. With this DLC code you will be able to obtain 5 Red Hot Chili Peppers song tracks for Rock Band. This will only work with an XBox 360 and you must have XBox LIVE services in order to download it. These 5 tracks were not available anywhere else, and its been a few years since this was released, so they are getting hard to find.

Songs included with this code include:

Californication
Otherside
Under the Bridge
By the Way
The Adventures of Raindance Maggie
You will receive the following:

5-Song Download Code Sheet for XBox 360

So if you want some a delisted songs... or just some good RHCP songs... this would be a good time.

JUST WANT TO NOTE THAT THIS IS NOT MY LISTING AND I HAVE NO CONTROL OVER ANYTHING THAT HAPPENS, JUST FOUND IT WHILE SEARCHING FOR THE GAMESTOP DLC PACK ON EBAY.

*edit, only 1 song is delisted and it currently does not show up on RB4.

Gleethor

Hey guys dunno if this is against the rules or not...

But someone on ebay is selling "NEW Red Hot Chili Peppers 5-SONGS Download Code XBOX 360 rhcp DLC Rock Band 3"

For only $3.90

So if you want some delisted songs... or just some good RHCP songs... this would be a good time.

JUST WANT TO NOTE THAT THIS IS NOT MY LISTING AND I HAVE NO CONTROL OVER ANYTHING THAT HAPPENS, JUST FOUND IT WHILE SEARCHING FOR THE GAMESTOP DLC PACK ON EBAY.

oh man, 360 only. really want under the bridge.

zulux21

hmmmm playing some rock band 4 and then looking for some of my oddball songs after I finally downloaded all of my DLC made it very clear to me...

I need to whine at harmonix quite a bit more about getting the ps3 Rock band network songs in. (though looking around it seems it is still on the table, it just won't be before all the exports early next year)

I did spend $24 on dlc today though as I decided to use the 10% off psn coupon on that.

zulux21

so I am finally finalizing what I am missing.

is there something up with the coldplay collection (aka was it delisted or something)

I can't download the songs or the pack because I own the pack (it's what the store says) o_O

so I am finally finalizing what I am missing.

is there something up with the coldplay collection (aka was it delisted or something)

I can't download the songs or the pack because I own the pack (it's what the store says) o_O

Are you on the Xbox? Some of the licenses are a bit wonky.

The one thing I still can't download is The Doors DLC.

zulux21

Are you on the Xbox? Some of the licenses are a bit wonky.

The one thing I still can't download is The Doors DLC.

im on the ps4. the in game store is just never ending loading the website gets me this.

mxYsQfx.png

followed by

but none of the songs or the pack are available to download :/

the scientist is one of my vocal warm up songs so it's a big shame I can't get that (the others aren't a big deal, I like them but they aren't part of my routine :p)

Because the exports have been delisted for awhile now, and the renegotiating for the rights is much more complex than say the DLC that was brought over from last gen.

I wouldn't be surprised if when we get the exports, we also get our delisted DLC.

There's plenty of delisted stuff that I have in RB4 currently though. The only potential hurdle I can see is the volume of tracks and the fact that most of them were negotiated differently.

Taking that into consideration, if you look at the volume of DLC, I don't see how it's very different at all.

You seem to think that DLC and Exports are a bonus, for some insane reason, when the game was literally sold to many people on the promise of both. I'm having fun without the exports currently but they really need to do a better job in asserting a time frame, even if they say something like "we don't want to promise a time frame in order to not "disappoint", that would be sufficient for a lot of people.

I think the most irksome part about the lack of exports is they've held all the bangers for disc sets, so we're without the best songs that have ever graced the series. Additionally it's fucking perplexing that the X1 gets RBGD right now and the PS4 doesn't?

FyreWulff

DLC is DLC.

The exports, even though they are downloaded via the same mechanism as DLC, are legally not DLC per terms of the licensing contract. They're disc exports/copies. Even though they're delivered the same way. Yes, it sounds weird, but that's how the music licensing works.

And they're coming. It's been stated multiple times that first party and their store is the main issue blocking unlisted content because Sony and MS only want to list content you can actively buy on their store. Pack only songs were licensed only to be sold via the pack but packs on the One and PS4 are no longer true separate packs but meta-bundles so that's why the pack only songs are stuck in limbo at the moment.

And they're coming. It's been stated multiple times that first party and their store is the main issue blocking unlisted content because Sony and MS only want to list content you can actively buy on their store. Pack only songs were licensed only to be sold via the pack but packs on the One and PS4 are no longer true separate packs but meta-bundles so that's why the pack only songs are stuck in limbo at the moment.
To add to that is that MS and Sony don't normally work on updating their systems at this time of year. They are normally busy making sure that they can sustain the new wave of users. Updating their stores is probably low on their priority list. I 100% believe that HMX is doing everything they can to get everything they can up and running but there is so much out of their hands that we need to start bitching at MS and Sony to get to it. The easiest fix for IONs has to be in MS's hands but for some reasons they don't want to allow the wired IONs to work. Its not flipping a switch but its more likely to get MS to bend on this and update the X1 then ION to make new drivers.

FyreWulff

To add to that is that MS and Sony don't normally work on updating their systems at this time of year. They are normally busy making sure that they can sustain the new wave of users. Updating their stores is probably low on their priority list. I 100% believe that HMX is doing everything they can to get everything they can up and running but there is so much out of their hands that we need to start bitching at MS and Sony to get to it. The easiest fix for IONs has to be in MS's hands but for some reasons they don't want to allow the wired IONs to work. Its not flipping a switch but its more likely to get MS to bend on this and update the X1 then ION to make new drivers.

My assumption at this point is Harmonix is trying to see if they can get all the disc exports listed into the next gen download histories or exposed in the store but only to people that got the export somehow. This would be their preferable solution since it fixes all the exports at the same time and populates our next-gen account ownership history in a proper way.

The fallback is probably patching some sort of export menu into Rock Band 4 that lets you get the exports. The downside to this is the interface is now RB4 specific (so say if Blitz 2 is a thing, you'd need to own RB4 to get your exports even if you only want to play Blitz) and doesn't solve the problem for future generations of consoles, and it may trigger some legal language in their contracts to have the exports processed via RB4, since they were only licensed to be exported via themselves or Rock Band 3 before.

This is likely why Rock Band 3 is coming first even though it was the dark horse export running up to release, because that's specifically coming via RB4, and is the only way that export would be able to work. Entirely different mechanism that let it jump the queue.

I've dealt with first party so this is why I'm giving Harmonix a pass in this specific area. You think a logical solution is available and then first party corporate-logics the fuck out of you, and then you have to figure out how to get what you want via their internal mechanisms.

I'm having issues with my Cymbals since installing them and can't figure out how to fix them.

I only have two Cymbals (not three), and they previously worked on my RB2 drums. I've hooked them up to my RB4 set, just to Yellow and Green. When I hit Yellow, it thinks Yellow&Blue, and when I hit Green it thinks Green&Blue. I've tried enabling and disabling them, unplugging and replugging and into different colors. When I unplug one of them, the other will hit three colors.

It seems as though RB4 won't work at all with less than three cymbals? (I haven't been able to update my drums yet, since no Bluetooth)

I'm having issues with my Cymbals since installing them and can't figure out how to fix them.

I only have two Cymbals (not three), and they previously worked on my RB2 drums. I've hooked them up to my RB4 set, just to Yellow and Green. When I hit Yellow, it thinks Yellow&Blue, and when I hit Green it thinks Green&Blue. I've tried enabling and disabling them, unplugging and replugging and into different colors. When I unplug one of them, the other will hit three colors.

It seems as though RB4 won't work at all with less than three cymbals? (I haven't been able to update my drums yet, since no Bluetooth)

Press options or pause and whatever and you can selectively turn off a cymbal(s)

Kolma

Like? As far I know, the only delisted tracks that can be played in Rock Band 4 right now are the Morningwood tracks.

There was a handful of delisted tracks that went up for sale.

I bought 2 Dinosaur Jr tracks, 2 Electric Six songs, and 2 MorningWood songs.
Didn't buy gay bar because I already owned it.
Those 6 songs I bought play no problem on RB4, however I have zero access to gay bar :/

Should have just rebought it... worth paying for again for instant access...

*xbone

Press options or pause and whatever and you can selectively turn off a cymbal(s)

I've done that already. That's what I meant by enabling and disabling them. I've even tried just focusing on getting just one to work, and that's when I see when only one is plugged in it registered three colors.

Are you using the cymbals and less than three of em?

I've done that already. That's what I meant by enabling and disabling them. I've even tried just focusing on getting just one to work, and that's when I see when only one is plugged in it registered three colors.

Are you using the cymbals and less than three of em?

I just got the new ones the other day, so I'm using 3, when I play later I will unplug them and see what happens and report back for you.

How are the new cymbals?

Especially the ones that came with them.

They're OK, definitely an improvement over the other old ones. The general build quality of everything is so much better, they're much more stable as a result. Also they're quieter than the pads, unless you play with the tips of the sticks. No issues with cross talk this far, just getting used to pro again.

TriniTrin

war of titties grampa
Got this game from the price error and have already got my moneys with when friends came over and we played for like 6 hours!! LOL

THAT SAID
I wish i had more songs. So can I go buy rock band 1 2 and 3 and do disc based importing soon or did i need the codes that recently expired to be able to import those songs at all. Basically what is the best way to get as many of the older (delisted)RB songs as possible?

farisr

Got this game from the price error and have already got my moneys with when friends came over and we played for like 6 hours!! LOL

THAT SAID
I wish i had more songs. So can I go buy rock band 1 2 and 3 and do disc based importing soon or did i need the codes that recently expired to be able to import those songs at all. Basically what is the best way to get as many of the older (delisted)RB songs as possible?
You can only get RB3 and the other track packs (classic rock, metal). RB1, 2, Green Day, Lego are expired.

TriniTrin

war of titties grampa
You can only get RB3 and the other track packs (classic rock, metal). RB1, 2, Green Day, Lego are expired.
So i can still go buy the other track packs physical or do i need to buy them for ps3 digitally? Err how does that work

So i can still go buy the other track packs physical or do i need to buy them for ps3 digitally? Err how does that work

You'd have to buy new physical copies. They come with codes you can redeem to get your songs on PS3. Also, note that track pack song entitlements aren't working on Xbox One or PS4 at this time.

They're OK, definitely an improvement over the other old ones. The general build quality of everything is so much better, they're much more stable as a result. Also they're quieter than the pads, unless you play with the tips of the sticks. No issues with cross talk this far, just getting used to pro again.

Nice to know they're somewhat decent. Will pick them up soon. I had the RB3 cymbals and they were absolute shit. Only kept using the green cymbal.

I just got the new ones the other day, so I'm using 3, when I play later I will unplug them and see what happens and report back for you.

Thanks, I appreciate it. I just did the firmware update and it's the same.

Do you have fresh batteries in the drum kit? Weak or bad batteries can cause crosstalk

I wouldn't call it cross talk, since it's literally hitting a note that it's not plugged into. I don't have anything plugged into the Blue plug, and turning it off or on in options and restarting the song only changes the blue note from looking like a nipple or a normal note. It doesn't change the cymbals from registering Blue hits. With that said...

Especially the ones that came with them.

I am using these. I guess it's worth a short to use another set.

Word on reddit from one poster is the Green Day PS3 Export code still works. Waiting to hear more.

Also - here's a link to get a free song by The Barbazons http://www.rockband4.com/scruff

Nice to know they're somewhat decent. Will pick them up soon. I had the RB3 cymbals and they were absolute shit. Only kept using the green cymbal.

The RB2 cymbals made it difficult to use because you were constantly breaking streaks because the hardware was terrible, not the case with the new ones, if I miss, it's because it's my fault, a lot closer to the ions than the other cymbals, I wish I'd have never gotten rid of my ions still.

For the guy with weird cymbal issues: tested it with 1 and 2 cymbals and they worked as they should.

WoolyNinja

Got my cymbal kit today. They're pure fucking garbage.

Songs like rio are still completely impossible on them and are a good example of songs I could play easier on a real kit compared to the POS rock band kit.

I want ions.

Edit: more I use them more I think I just have a faulty set. Gah...

Make sure the braces connecting the cymbals to the base and the two symbols together actually clicked. Took a lot of force for me to get them to click.

Chucker

Anybody know how long Amazon is going to have the Game+Guitar bundle at $99? Wanted to PM it at local places but was kindly told to screw off, Black Friday/Cyber Monday et all.

I'd like to just pick it up and go, but if it's reverting on tuesday I might as well just order it.

Thanks!

Top Bottom