• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rock Band 4 |OT| We're Putting The Rock Band Back Together

Heads up, SCEE guys. More songs have come up for the PS4, about 320 more for RB1/2 DLC, not checked 3 yet.

Tie Your Mother Down still isn't one of them. :(

D

Deleted member 57681

Unconfirmed Member
Heads up, SCEE guys. More songs have come up for the PS4, about 320 more for RB1/2 DLC, not checked 3 yet.

Tie Your Mother Down still isn't one of them. :(
Is this the real life

Moving Pictures! Queen Pack 1! Kickstart My Heart!!
aau4d.gif

D

Deleted member 57681

Unconfirmed Member
I'm missing like twenty songs or something from the legacy DLC now, with the biggest hole being 2112. Bought the track pack, so I can't even download the individual tracks that have been up for ages. I hope they continue with today's pace!

D

Deleted member 57681

Unconfirmed Member
RIP Scott. Wasn't all too much into STP until that Trippin' On A Hole In A Paper Heart cover in GH2. So I'll be playing that, in Rock Band.

In more positive news: legacy DLC is still being added on EU PSN.

Gave up on trying to stumble across the legacy adapter in town, finally ordered it off the Mad Catz website. Looking forward to getting the drums back out.

Yaari

What could it be? ;) RT @steve_janiak: Oh wait. Even more @RockBand news coming coming today?

From their Twitter.

Lol at Rockband VR btw. Been a day 1 fan but I can't see myself ever wanting to play it that way. But if some people do, good for them.

DLC? DLC!? DLC!

List of stuff listed for me:

• Peace Sells Album
  • Moving Pictures Album
  • Screaming for Vengeance Album
  • Dr. Feelgood Album
  • Blink-182 01
  • Bonnaroo 01
  • Dead Kennedys 01 (tragically not Deady Kennedys 01 anymore)
  • Evanescence 01
  • Iron Maiden 01
  • Jimmy Buffet 01
  • The Offspring 01
  • Punk 01
  • QOTSA 01
  • Queen 01 (surprising considering that Queen 01 went a bit wrong for SCEA apparently)
  • Spongebob 01
  • The White Stripes 02
  • Yngwie Malmsteen 01
  • All-American Rejects - Move Along
  • Foreigner - Juke Box Hero
  • Glados - Still Alive
  • The Offspring - The Kids Aren't Alright
  • Tenacious D - Tribute

Missing
  • Roadrunner 01
  • Rock Band Free 01
  • Warped Tour 2009 01
  • Warped Tour 2009 02
  • Black Tide - Warriors of Time
  • Them Crooked Vultures - New Fang
  • Thirty Seconds to Mars - This is War

Missing but delisted (let's not get ahead of ourselves here)
  • Electric Six 01
  • Alien Ant Farm - Smooth Criminal
  • Journey - Don't Stop Believin'
  • Silversun Pickups - Sort Of
  • Silversun Pickups - Panic Switch
  • System of a Down - BYOB
  • System of a Down - Toxicity

D

Deleted member 57681

Unconfirmed Member
Some Boston songs act up. More than a Feeling and Peace of Mind show up as available, but not "free" (even though I bought them), and you can't "buy" but only "download". The download button does nothing though.
Does someone on EU PSN have the Boston 01 pack? Do these songs work with that?

Otherwise, not much missing for me. Smells Like Teen Spirit, Walk Like an Egyptian, Weezer 02 and 2112, that's it I think. Really cool that they pulled through on their "early December" date.

They just announced a new game mode "Brutal Mode" where they get rid of the notes/basically make you memorize the songs when you're playing them.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/12/04/see-rock-band-4s-punishing-new-brutal-mode-ign-first

That's super neat, but I can't help but feel there are more important things they could be spending time on (I'm guessing this was probably a simple addition, though, so if that's the case then sure why not).

That said, I really can't wait for the potential dawn of "SIGHTREAD BRUTAL MODE FC CRIMSON STARS" videos.

pacman85

Isn't this similar to "presentation mode" on RB3 where there was no notes on the highways? Or were there no highways at all? I forget....

Isn't this similar to "presentation mode" on RB3 where there was no notes on the highways? Or were there no highways at all? I forget....

That and a Guitar Hero cheat that's existed since Guitar Hero 2 (I think). Not really something that warrants being worked on when when practice mode still doesn't exist, but whatever.

Also, pretty confident that the single DLC price has been raised to £1.69 for real, which means no more new Rock Band DLC for me ever because fuck that.

DagsJT

So adding a mode that a handful of people will use over a practice mode which a hell of a lot more people would use?

Makes sense.

Pretty stupid that they're working on stuff like this when they should just be strengthening the core game. Or adding stuff people are actually asking for.

komarkaze

Brutal mode reminds of when I played drums in Rock Band 1 so much that I could play Radiohead's Creep on Expert with my back turned to the tv and passed. Seems like fun for the easy drum and vocals.

This mode's inclusion seems more a matter of low hanging fruit than intentionally passing resources over practice mode.

That and a Guitar Hero cheat that's existed since Guitar Hero 2 (I think). Not really something that warrants being worked on when when practice mode still doesn't exist, but whatever.

Also, pretty confident that the single DLC price has been raised to £1.69 for real, which means no more new Rock Band DLC for me ever because fuck that.

Pretty stupid that they're working on stuff like this when they should just be strengthening the core game. Or adding stuff people are actually asking for.

So adding a mode that a handful of people will use over a practice mode which a hell of a lot more people would use?

Makes sense.

Why are we assuming that this mode really takes up much time to make? It's basically just turn the visuals for the note highway off, which really doesn't sound like it'd be that hard to implement.

D

Deleted member 57681

Unconfirmed Member
Still no word at all on the other exports though?
Why are we assuming that this mode really takes up much time to make? It's basically just turn the visuals for the note highway off, which really doesn't sound like it'd be that hard to implement.
Well it adapts to how well you're doing. So there has to be some effort behind it I guess.

pacman85

Still no word at all on the other exports though?
Nope, last we heard via a reply to someone on Twitter was that the other exports weren't coming until early 2016. Hopefully, MS/Sony/Harmonix get it figured out before then though. They got individual instruments out before the "early 2016" date they were giving us for those.

Gorger

Brutal Mode is a complete waste of time which could rather be spent working on important missing core features. It's the exact same thing as performance mode from RB3 which I tried out once because I didn't know what it was, and after I found out I quickly exited and never touched it again. Not even once have I heard a single request on either GAF or RB 4 forum that anyone is interested in this mode. So random...

Gorger

So the new mode is performance mode? Okay...

Early 2016 was confirmed on Twitter by the CEO.

Damn I thought it was previously confirmed exports would come around Dec as well. Ah well, with the new patch and missing EU dlc it will probably keep me happy until then.

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!
Damn I thought it was previously confirmed exports would come around Dec as well. Ah well, with the new patch and missing EU dlc it will probably keep me happy until then.

No, the chart they put out when they announced the 3 export said TBA. It was always a ways off. We still don't even know other than supposedly early next year.

And I'm honestly really surprised they spend time doing something like brutal mode and not tackle practice first. Why.

Well it adapts to how well you're doing. So there has to be some effort behind it I guess.

I'm not saying this is the exact code, but something like:

For every x number of notes in current note streak, hide the next y number of notes.

That would be pretty much it. I'd imagine the most time consuming part of it would be testing it.

Edit: Watching the video again, the code might be more like for every X percentage of notes hit, hide y number of notes. But my point still stands.

bounchfx

Brutal Mode is a complete waste of time which could rather be spent working on important missing core features. It's the exact same thing as performance mode from RB3 which I tried out once because I didn't know what it was, and after I found out I quickly exited and never touched it again. Not even once have I heard a single request on either GAF or RB 4 forum that anyone is interested in this mode. So random...

on one hand, I agree, on the other, I feel like there is no way it could have taken more than one person about an hour of time. Where's the exports? wheres the rest? bleh

So much this, my f**king ION drums still don't work on XBONE so maybe they should start there.

That's an Xbox/ION problem (as in Sony allows certain PS3 controlllers to work on PS4 as long as you include your own drivers, while Microsoft doesn't). Nothing Harmonix can do about that, except either get MS to change their policy or ION to write Xbox One drivers (and/or make a new brain, I think).

A lot of other things, that people actually have been asking for like individual instrument score tracking, more detailed stats screen on completion, playlists don't seem like they'd be any harder to implement either.

I just wish they'd address the outstanding issues that make the game feel incomplete, or a lesser game than the previous entries, before moving on to game modes that no one really cares about.

And I still really wish they'd fix the crappy sound as priority #1. It is a game focused on sound, after all.

I'm not saying this is the exact code, but something like:

For every x number of notes in current note streak, hide the next y number of notes.

That would be pretty much it. I'd imagine the most time consuming part of it would be testing it.

Edit: Watching the video again, the code might be more like for every X percentage of notes hit, hide y number of notes. But my point still stands.

So its basically 'COOL' from the Parappa games but for Rock Band.

Top Bottom