• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rock Band 4 |OT| We're Putting The Rock Band Back Together

Kind of sad that we have 2 Beck songs now, but still no "Loser" or "Where It's At". Would've loved a 3 pack with "Dreams" in it as well, or heck, even a 4 pack that also included "Sexxlaws", oh well!

Will probably pick up "Dreams" and the B0RN song this week.

FyreWulff

Kind of sad that we have 2 Beck songs now, but still no "Loser" or "Where It's At". Would've loved a 3 pack with "Dreams" in it as well, or heck, even a 4 pack that also included "Sexxlaws", oh well!

Will probably pick up "Dreams" and the B0RN song this week.

Loser is in the RB2 export (unless that's what you meant)

im on the ps4. the in game store is just never ending loading the website gets me this.

followed by

but none of the songs or the pack are available to download :/

the scientist is one of my vocal warm up songs so it's a big shame I can't get that (the others aren't a big deal, I like them but they aren't part of my routine :p)

I am having this exact same issue, and Coldplay is Sorely missed.
Haven't found any solutions, so I'm hoping it gets resolved in the upcoming update.

ha ha goddamnit. it is

I wonder if Loser has sample clearance issues. E-Pro sampled Pump It Up, which was also in RB2
It could be the case, or it just be one of those mysterious gaps in the RB library like so many songs that I want. I'd even take Gamma Ray, it was simple but enjoyable enough in GH5.

Also, I hate to be that guy, but didn't E-Pro sample So What'cha Want? While I love the song it's boring as hell and I'm only guessing that it was included because of E-Pro. I don't even know what bit of SWW it samples.

FyreWulff

It could be the case, or it just be one of those mysterious gaps in the RB library like so many songs that I want. I'd even take Gamma Ray, it was simple but enjoyable enough in GH5.

Also, I hate to be that guy, but didn't E-Pro sample So What'cha Want? While I love the song it's boring as hell and I'm only guessing that it was included because of E-Pro. I don't even know what bit of SWW it samples.

I'm zero for two today. I should go to sleep now.

CloudWolf

It samples the drums.

Fun fact: We have three songs in Rock Band that sample Beastie Boys, their song Car Thief is sampled in Faith No More's Midlife Crisis and Fight for Your Right is sampled in Anthrax' I'm the Man..

I'm zero for two today. I should go to sleep now.

Eh, we've all been there. When I inevitably slip up on something, you're allowed to be the first person to point it out.

It samples the drums.

Fun fact: We have three songs in Rock Band that sample Beastie Boys, their song Car Thief is sampled in Faith No More's Midlife Crisis and Fight for Your Right is sampled in Anthrax' I'm the Man..
Huh. I did not know that. Interesting stuff.

zulux21

Oh god I would kill for a Scott Pilgrim pack. I can't see it ever happening though.

It's just as likely as my EVE 6 pack (though I suppose there is one EVE 6 song in there right now)

eve 6 think twice
eve 6 on the roof again (who doesn't want to sing the line
"Your heinous highness broke her hymen hey man try to quit your crying
I know she broke your heart but try to come try to come down")
eve 6 good lives
eve 6 curtain
eve 6 here's to the night

if this came out my wife would hit buy before I could lol.

zulux21

Man I can't wait until the 8th, hopefully exports for 3 are up very soon after.

im more looking forward to calibration improvements.

my drums are not agreeing with the game anymore. They can be spot on for one song and then seem super off on the next one ><

as for rock band 3. While I will buy the $15 export right away as there are songs I like on it... I don't think there are any songs I am actually missing right now. most of the ones I like are just enjoyable to play, not my favorite songs ever.

zulux21

If I want to export Rock Band 3 when it becomes available, will I need to buy a new copy, or can it be used?

I imagine used would be fine as it just checks to see if you have play it while online at all (likely if you have trophy/achievement data or not) but someone else might know better.

It's December, guys! Time to check the EU PSN store daily to see what additional legacy songs have come out!

None. Today the answer is none.

D

Deleted member 57681

Unconfirmed Member
At least HMXJosh is promising an update on the DLC situation later this week.
That is nice. I hope it's good news.
That I didn't know. And to be honest, I wasn't expecting any today anyway. Probably starting from a Monday, like it has been in the past.
Weren't they talking about "one big update" that is supposed to take care of as much as they can at once, and then ironing out the issues that come up with that. Yeah.
tumblr_inline_n4lczhbn0pug.jpg

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
BTW. Wouldn't it be nice if the DLC coming out had crowd singalongs too? I know it'll require more work, but plz!

CloudWolf

BTW. Wouldn't it be nice if the DLC coming out had crowd singalongs too? I know it'll require more work, but plz!

They did this with some DLC songs back in the Rock Band 1 and 2 era, I really hoped that the DLC singalongs would return in RB4, but alas.

pacman85

Interesting. I saw they added crowd sing-alongs to the DLC when they converted it over from the preivous generation of consoles (or at least I thought they did). I didn't realize they only did some of it and continue to only do some of it. I wonder how they determine whether a song should get a crowd sing-along or not.

Thought I'd start doing weekly little recaps of the DLC I bought each week and tell some peeps who may be on the fence about certain DLC how it plays on Guitar and Bass!

"Electric Love" - BØRNS
Pop/Dance/Electric

4aUebWn.png

Expert Guitar - Sightread Score: 114,675 - Notes Hit: 100% FC - Tier 5/6
Have to admit the tiering for "Electric Love" really caught me off guard on Guitar. It's a vertiable rollercoaster of hammer-ons and pulls. A HOPO-Coaster is you will! It's great fun dancing your fingers up and down the fretboard, zig-zagging back and forth between closely paired single notes, with bouncy little intervals inbetween to help you relax. It's a really pleasant song overall, but still surprisingly challenging at parts!

Expert Guitar Chart (Jman4371)

Expert Bass - Sightread Score: 120,741 - Notes Hit: 100% FC - Tier 3/6
Kind of mimics the Guitar but much more emphasis on the laid back bouncy parts in between the main chorus. A nice alternative to the guitar part if you're looking for something a little less taxing on those digits. A solid chart overall. Not much else to say about this really. But "Electric Love" is easily one of the more surprising DLC songs that we've had over the recent years and the past few weeks!. I'd say slap some money down and buy it!

"Dreams" - Beck
Alternative

aWNeStZ.png

Expert Guitar - Sightread Score: 253,067 - Notes Hit: 100% FC - Tier 3/6
It's chordy and strummy! And unlike Ed Sheeran's "Sing" from a couple of weeks ago, it actually feels natural to play and actually flows well! For a chordfest there's actually a fair bit of variety here, leaping between different lanes of single notes and chords, occasional fast triple strums, 3 chord strumming, and even fast double note strumming up and down the fretboard. The 3/6 rating on Guitar is a bit low in my opinion though, it's a fair bit tougher than that. Really bloody good guitar song!

Expert Guitar Chart (Jman4371)

Expert Bass - Sightread Score: 127,641 - Notes Hit: 100% FC - Tier 4/6
Nice and chill. The bass is the complete opposite of the guitar though, severly ovetiered! It's a pretty slow paced chart, a few bouncy double strums here and there, 2 to 3 note hammer-ons dotted thoughout, and a bunch of sustains. It's a nice contrast to the much more hectric alt-strumming the guitar chart provides. I kinda dug it, not going to set the word alight, but it's an engaging bass chart!

Is the new DLC still mistakenly priced or have singles actually risen to £1.69? If it's latter, that's taking the piss. I didn't think much about when SCEE uploaded the DLC late at the wrong price but today's DLC has the same price.

Buying the pack gives you the songs for the same bloody price as buying them previously as singles. Surely that's not right.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Interesting. I saw they added crowd sing-alongs to the DLC when they converted it over from the preivous generation of consoles (or at least I thought they did). I didn't realize they only did some of it and continue to only do some of it. I wonder how they determine whether a song should get a crowd sing-along or not.
Which DLC songs did they add crowd singalongs to? I haven't noticed any new ones.

Uncle AJ

The RB2 cymbals made it difficult to use because you were constantly breaking streaks because the hardware was terrible, not the case with the new ones, if I miss, it's because it's my fault, a lot closer to the ions than the other cymbals, I wish I'd have never gotten rid of my ions still.

This is really good news. I should probably invest in the new cymbals.

This is really good news. I should probably invest in the new cymbals.

After putting more time into them, my initial assessment stands, with one caveat, in order to maintain a streak with 16ths beats, you have to play the stick tips, this is noisy, but you get a lot better rebound play. Really surprised how these things don't cost me streaks otherwise.

CloudWolf

They didn't add any crowd singalongs. All DLC crowd singalongs were already there.

Speaking of Beck, I'd kill for some Scott Pilgrim Sex Bob-Omb songs
Bryan Lee O'Malley said there was an attempt at getting this going. I'll keep trying to dig up the quote, but the gist of it was that there were too many people/companies involved (Beck, Universal, etc.) and they just couldn't make it happen.

FyreWulff

Some songs are going to be delisted by the end of December.

http://www.rockbandaide.com/21570/m...ed-from-the-rock-band-music-store-this-month/

BAP &#8211; Verdamp Lang Her
Caesars &#8211; Jerk It Out
KMFDM &#8211; Sturm & Drang
Little Fish &#8211; Am I Crazy
Picture Me Broken &#8211; Dearest (I&#8217;m So Sorry)
Veer Union &#8211; Seasons
Wir Sind Helden &#8211; Nur Ein Wort

Was about to ask them if any pulls were coming. good to know.

Am I Crazy is free so everyone should at least nab that one.

Some songs are going to be delisted by the end of December.

http://www.rockbandaide.com/21570/m...ed-from-the-rock-band-music-store-this-month/

BAP – Verdamp Lang Her
Caesars – Jerk It Out
KMFDM – Sturm & Drang

Little Fish – Am I Crazy
Picture Me Broken – Dearest (I’m So Sorry)
Veer Union – Seasons
Wir Sind Helden – Nur Ein Wort

Thank god I own these 3. KMFDM songs just can't catch a break it seems. "Juke Joint Jezebel" got delisted from RBN in RB3 as well!

Yeah, and they did some stuff with the audio mix that caused the crowd singalongs on DLC to become waaaaaay louder than they should be.

The crowds singing are so loud, and slightly delayed, that it sounds like feedback from having the Playstation camera's microphone too close to your TV. It sounds fucking terrible.

zulux21

Was about to ask them if any pulls were coming. good to know.

Am I Crazy is free so everyone should at least nab that one.

that is a weird way to spell free

:p

Might think about grabbing Dearest, but I already own the rest of those songs I want.

Dearest I'm so sorry is a decent song, especially if you have female singers that like rock.
still sad that dance for the dying was for RBN so I don't have any of their songs yet.

Top Bottom