• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rock Band 4 |OT| We're Putting The Rock Band Back Together

I beat it this morning, and it took a few hours or so. The final show was shorter than expected.

I wanted to do the 5 sets in play a show, but just didn't feel up to it after so much Rock Band.

Zerot

Neo Member
No prompt to update game or anything....

You'll drive yourself crazy by constantly checking. There's no set time for the update or export to be released. It will be released whenever Microsoft and Sony push their individual buttons. That could be any time.

It's best to relax.

chunk3rvd

Don't be surprised if we don't get the RB3 export today either. They keep saying on Twitter that it will be available "this week" so I don't think they're sure when it will land. Would be nice to know the process and how our original RB3 ownership will be verified though even if they don't have an ETA

EU PSN Blog has something interesting in their update. RB4 is listed under RB4 in the blog post, in the PS4 DLC section (They don't seem to bother with other consoles DLC in the store update anymore). Further down is this:

Rock Band 3
Export Packs Up Playstation Plus Bundle - 11/12/15
£11.99/€14.99/AU$22.95

Looks like it'll be out on Friday, at least in the EU. And it requires Playstation plus. Or maybe PS+ owners have additional songs.

Also of note, the BTBAM and Opeth songs are listed as "From £1.69" but the Symphony X song is listed as "From £1.19"

So who knows anymore.

CloudWolf

The new DLC is up in the actual XB1 store, but no export that I can see yet. The ingame store will apparently be broken until the patch goes live...

The new DLC is up crazy early lately though . I live in a GMT+1 zone and it's up at 7 AM for me, maybe even earlier.

D

Deleted member 57681

Unconfirmed Member
EU PSN Blog has something interesting in their update. RB4 is listed under RB4 in the blog post, in the PS4 DLC section (They don't seem to bother with other consoles DLC in the store update anymore). Further down is this:

Looks like it'll be out on Friday, at least in the EU. And it requires Playstation plus. Or maybe PS+ owners have additional songs.

Also of note, the BTBAM and Opeth songs are listed as "From £1.69" but the Symphony X song is listed as "From £1.19"

So who knows anymore.
Hm. Sounds like DLC for RB3 with that wording. So a pack you buy from the RB3 in-game store and download on PS4 maybe?
But dafuq at it being PS+?

Kolma

Whats the chance of the export being downloadable on Xbox 360 and PS3 to allow for RB3 tracks in Rock Band Blitz

assuming since old cymbals work on the new kits that the new cymbals work on the old ones? Using 360 Beatles RB drums. Google me if old/known

Apoc29

I'm selling my copy of the game tomorrow, because I never play it or have friends over to game, but I want to beat the campaign before doing so.

I think I have two, maybe three, tours left. If so, how long do you think I have in hours?

I haven't beaten it myself, but if all you want to do is experience all of Rock Band 4's content, just play all the songs in quickplay. Career mode isn't offering you anything else besides achievements. Judging by your name, however, I guess that kind of thing is important to you.

vg260

What exactly do they mean when they say they improved calibration. If we manually set the numbers, will we need to re-do it?

DagsJT

Not sure if it's been mentioned but the FAQ for exporting RB3 says they expect the export to be available today for Xbox One and US PS4 users but European PS4 users have a date of 15th December. Their Twitter is saying today for the update and this week for the export so not likely to be today, it seems.

It also mentions that if the export doesn't work for you and you feel you're being unfairly denied the export then to contact customer services, which suggests it shouldn't be too hard to get a key off them given how they've worded that.

CloudWolf

I hate the fact that patches release worldwide at the same time. What's December 8th for US gamers isn't necessarily December 8th in the rest of the world, dammit.

Oh well, I'll play around with the new patch tomorrow then.

D

Deleted member 57681

Unconfirmed Member
Export on the 15th for PS4 EU would be super bummer. Hope that weird PS blog entry stating the 11th holds up.

Checked the store. Nevermore is £1.19, other two are £1.69.

I'm so confused. Kinda thinking I should buy Nevermore just in case seeing as I want it anyway.

15th, huh? A bit of a disappointment, but not my major issue. I've still got a ton of songs anyway that I need to replay. Just give me stats, FC notification and improved calibration and I'll be sorted for now.

FyreWulff

Whats the chance of the export being downloadable on Xbox 360 and PS3 to allow for RB3 tracks in Rock Band Blitz

That would be amazing and I'd be spending the next 2 weeks playing Blitz

I don't have my own RB4 yet

I also really love Blitz

Not sure if it's been mentioned but the FAQ for exporting RB3 says they expect the export to be available today for Xbox One and US PS4 users but European PS4 users have a date of 15th December. Their Twitter is saying today for the update and this week for the export so not likely to be today, it seems.

It also mentions that if the export doesn't work for you and you feel you're being unfairly denied the export then to contact customer services, which suggests it shouldn't be too hard to get a key off them given how they've worded that.

Yeah it's pretty clear they're not going to make it hard to get, but have to word things in a specific way to make the lawyers happy

DagsJT

Rock Band
@RockBand
@PlainJane1972 As long as you own a copy of Rock Band 3, you should be eligible for export.

No mention of "new" so goes along with what people have been saying about them not being able to tell if it's a used or new copy.

So you have to find a used copy(not that many new left) which have all been jacked up in price and pay 15 dollars on top of that?

Really annoying you can't download it on psn.

DagsJT

So you have to find a used copy(not that many new left) which have all been jacked up in price and pay 15 dollars on top of that?

Really annoying you can't download it on psn.

You can sell the disc on after you've used it to export though so it's only a temporary expense.

I haven't beaten it myself, but if all you want to do is experience all of Rock Band 4's content, just play all the songs in quickplay. Career mode isn't offering you anything else besides achievements. Judging by your name, however, I guess that kind of thing is important to you.

I like to beat every game I play, and do complete about 95% of them. I push myself to beat games even if they're not that great, but I do reviews so that's a good thing to do as much as possible.

I wanted to complete Career Mode before I sold it. I knew I wouldn't play it much afterwards and had no room for it. It was just collecting dust.

I'd recommend it to anyone, but I'm not the type to give it the best home.

Gamestop has a seven day, no questions asked return period for full refund.

Our store encourages it for things like this.

Are you talking about the satisfaction guarantee like there is in Canada, where if you're an Edge member, you can buy any game and return it within seven days if you don't like it or beat it early? If you do that -- for a new or used game -- you get a credit refund that must be used in a final sale format, meaning you can't do the returns over and over again.

Does GameStop blacklist people for abusing such things? I've just been curious because it seems too good to be true. But you say that your store encourages it. Is that because EB invests pre-order/credit money and earns lots of interest?

We had someone doing it every three days for like two months. TECHNICALLY we can't do anything about it, but we had a talking to them. It totally doesn't get you on the food side of the employees I'd you are continuously doing it. A one time thing like this is perfectly fine.

It should be the same, seven days and returned money is given in initial payment method.

We had someone doing it every three days for like two months. TECHNICALLY we can't do anything about it, but we had a talking to them. A one time thing like this is perfectly fine.

It should be the same, seven days and returned money is given in initial payment method.

They allow it for new games here, which I don't know if they do there. You need to pay $14.99 per year for the membership.

I've done it about six times in the last year. But I always worry.

It's seven days on preowned stuff, not new games. Sorry, should have clarified.

Doesn't matter if you are a pro member though (the $15 a year)

6x a year is nothing baha, no need to worry. When you start doing it every other day, it starts being a "problem". ;)

What about those of us that got rid of their 360 or PS3 when this current generation of consoles launched? Do I need to track down a disc and console even if I had owned and played RB3 online with my 360 before selling it?

It's seven days on preowned stuff, not new games. Sorry, should have clarified.

Doesn't matter if you are a pro member though (the $15 a year)

6x a year is nothing baha, no need to worry. When you start doing it every other day, it starts being a "problem". ;)

Yeah, true. I just feel bad for picking up games I just want to play through quickly, then returning them.

But they don't seem to mind.

DagsJT

If I buy Rock Band Blitz digitally for the 360 now, does anyone know if the songs just appear for me to download on the Xbox One or do I actually need to start the game on an Xbox 360?

Kolma

If I buy Rock Band Blitz digitally for the 360 now, does anyone know if the songs just appear for me to download on the Xbox One or do I actually need to start the game on an Xbox 360?
You need to start it to get the export key. Rb blitz technically only had three songs and the entire soundtrack is a download

bobohoro

Good bands this week, sad that they have rather weak songs as their picks for the DLC.
All will be forgiven if we get Blackwater Park as Album DLC.

Now I just need the patch.

On another note, finally went and bought Rocksmith 2014 in the steam autumn sale. Now I don't miss Pro-Mode (except Pro-Keys, I guess) anymore. Thing is superior in any way and using my own instruments is awesome.

Patch is downloading! UK PS4 player. 3.8GB. Won't get to play with it until tomorrow though. On remote play at the moment playing FFVII while watching the champions league goals.

Top Bottom