• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rock Band 4 |OT| We're Putting The Rock Band Back Together

Nairume

Banned
We now have confirmation that the export isn't happening today. Hopefully "targeting this week" doesn't turn into "we have no idea"

Update is live, and as should come as a suprise to absolutely nobody at this point - disc exports have been delayed again.

Harmonix Community Manager
In regards to the Rock Band 3 export: The export offer will not be available today. We are still targeting the export to be available this week, and will update everyone when it is officially live. For more information, keep an eye on our Knowledgebase article[1] !

So, fingers cross that 'targeting this week' actually means sometime in the coming week.

Would it have killed them to make this more clear, even a week ago? Just say exports won't be up on the 8th. Stop talking around the issue.

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!
"Targeting this week" is really funny language. They haven't said anything about the logistics of it, why would I seriously expect this thing to go live this week?

Nairume

Banned
"Targeting this week" is really funny language. They haven't said anything about the logistics of it, why would I seriously expect this thing to go live this week?
At which point they should maybe have not been promising it if it wasn't perfectly clear that it was going to happen.

Kind of like how exports in general went from "shortly after launch" to "early 2016"? They've used tons of shady, indirect language since the start.

vg260

Kind of like how exports in general went from "shortly after launch" to "early 2016"? They've used tons of shady, indirect language since the start.

Well, they shouldn't give an exact date if they can't guarantee it, so I don't see the problem with not making a promise they can't keep or may not have total control over.

Rodeo Clown

It's seriously been one of my biggest problems with them since launch. If exports aren't going to be there at launch, that's fine, but you should tell people ahead of time. Don't say that the Rock Band 3 export is coming on this day and then say "Well, maybe this week" on said day.

This isn't a good game right now and I've honestly told my friends that played Rock Band on 360, you shouldn't buy this until a lot of things are sorted out. This game is still sorely lacking in features and they haven't really said anything about getting it up to par with 3 other than, we're working on it. Okay.

If I were to guess, they're waiting on the first-parties to do something that's out of their hands, which is why the vague language on the exports.

One bit of good news not mentioned in the patch notes is that the fretboard is much more opaque than pre-patch. Can't see a god damn thing past the top of it. As for the in-game FC tracking, there's a gold ring around the multiplier. Miss a note and it's gone,

Between this and the apparently improved calibration I'm running out of excuses for why I'm so inconsistent at this game. It's the guitar, I swear.

vg260

Their language is reasonable.
Can I export Rock Band 3 into Rock Band 4?
The Rock Band 3 export should be available this week. We expect this export to be available on or around 12/8/2015 for Microsoft (Xbox One) and Sony America (PlayStation 4). We expect this export to be available on or around 12/15/2015 for Sony Europe (PlayStation 4). Based on testing and submission dependencies, this date can sometimes vary by a couple of days.

Nairume

Banned
If I were to guess, they're waiting on the first-parties to do something that's out of their hands, which is why the vague language on the exports.
It's a reasonable enough defense for when they originally announced it, but they certainly knew long before they finally said something about it.

Their language is reasonable.
Eh. If they couldn't guarantee that they had a date locked down, they shouldn't have thrown it out there to begin with. Saying it'll be around the December patch would have been the most reasonable thing to do.

D

Deleted member 57681

Unconfirmed Member
It's a reasonable enough defense for when they originally announced it, but they certainly knew long before they finally said something about it.
But even then, they weren't promising anything for today. It was always sometime this week.

Except for SCEE of course, that's lol whenever ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

So can I borrow someone's PS3... Put my PSN ID on there. Play Rock Band 3 so I have it on my account and then give back the Playstation 3 and sell Rock Band 3 and I'll be able to export?

Gleethor

So can I borrow someone's PS3... Put my PSN ID on there. Play Rock Band 3 so I have it on my account and then give back the Playstation 3 and sell Rock Band 3 and I'll be able to export?

We don't know. Maybe, but don't bet on it and then get mad when it doesn't work.

We don't know. Maybe, but don't bet on it and then get mad when it doesn't work.

Yeah... I guess no one here really knows... Just looking for anyone to help confirm my thoughts that... Logically it should work that way because they will just be looking for some kind of save on your PSN account. And if it doesn't work we can just ask for a key.

vg260

Eh. If they couldn't guarantee that they had a date locked down, they shouldn't have thrown it out there to begin with. Saying it'll be around the December patch would have been the most reasonable thing to do.

People had been begging for more concrete info. They got a more specific window and they stated it. We're still within the couple of days window they mention. If they didn't provide any progress info, people would still complain. It's no-win for them. I swear, I don't know what people expect.

D

Deleted member 57681

Unconfirmed Member
Wasn't there some deadline when they first announced the RB3 export for how long you have time to get the game into your profile? Like October 31st or something? Did they scratch that or am I imagining things?

Edit:
If so... That's entirely lame.

Wish they would just re-release the games as DLC or something... Like get with EA and MTV and work out a deal.
yeah I don't want to cause panic lol. Might well just have been the last day to buy on 360 digitally.

Wasn't there some deadline when they first announced the RB3 export for how long you have time to get the game into your profile? Like October 31st or something? Did they scratch that or am I imagining things?

If so... That's entirely lame.

Wish they would just re-release the games as DLC or something... Like get with EA and MTV and work out a deal.

Update was 3GB on PS4 (yikes!). Strangely had to readjust my calibration, was failing out pretty miserably on a song I used to get 98% in, but this could just be because I hadn't played in a while and something weird happened. I think my drumset is dying as I'm getting more missed notes that don't feel like notes I actually missed, but again it's been a while since I played.

Tried Brutal Mode on a super-easy song ("Feed the Tree" by Belly). Kind of neat, basically the notes fade out as they get closer to the bottom line, and that fade-out period adjusts as you do better or worse. I'd still rather have Practice Mode, but it's a nice extra to have.

I think that was to buy RB3 digitally, as Harmonix had to take it off PSN and Xbox Live. I don't remember the specific date but it was definitely in the neighbourhood of October 31. I believe you're still fine if you get your hands on a physical disc.

CloudWolf

Strangely had to readjust my calibration, was failing out pretty miserably on a song I used to get 98% in, but this could just be because I hadn't played in a while and something weird happened. I think my drumset is dying as I'm getting more missed notes that don't feel like notes I actually missed, but again it's been a while since I played.
The patch changed something with calibration, for which you need to recalibrate, so it's not that strange.

I might not play brutal mode that much, but I do like the idea of it, gave More Than a Feeling on it a go, playing it for the first time in ages. Remembered more than I realised, got 95%.

The additional stats are nice, have plenty of detail although it's missing the individual sections which implies that practice mode is a while away. In order:

Performance

Longest Streak
Notes Hit
Notes Missed
Average Multiplier

Additional Stats

Overdrive Uses
Spent in Overdrive (MM:SS)
Chords Hit
HOPOs HOPOs (###%)
Excess Strums

D

Deleted member 57681

Unconfirmed Member
I might not play brutal mode that much, but I do like the idea of it, gave More Than a Feeling on it a go, playing it for the first time in ages. Remembered more than I realised, got 95%.
How'd you get More Than a Feeling to work? You got the pack?

vg260

The patch changed something with calibration, for which you need to recalibrate, so it's not that strange.

If anyone could post how their calibration changed, that may be useful. I never have used the in-game methods, as they never seemed right. I always just did trail and error by selecting numbers manually, but have no idea where this could have shifted things to start testing. I really miss practice mode for that.

D

Deleted member 57681

Unconfirmed Member
HMX forum says that mic lag is gone, huzzah!

Edit:
yeah I don't want to cause panic lol. Might well just have been the last day to buy on 360 digitally.

There was no deadline. Rock Band 3 was simply delisted for digital purchase on October 30, so it would become harder to get the game.

Got it. I missed that in my initial read of the patch notes, and I stupidly dismissed the "what's new" message upon launching the game because I was too busy trying to switch my drum player to my PSN profile (P.S. dear Harmonix: fix this please!).

If anyone could post how their calibration changed, that may be useful. I never have used the in-game methods, as they never seemed right. I always just did trail and error by selecting numbers manually, but have no idea where this could have shifted things to start testing. I really miss practice mode for that.

My original values were 115ms for audio, 75ms for video. After the new calibration, they're 135ms audio, 68ms video. (Those values are from memory and so may not be exact.)

Rodeo Clown

I will say, actually playing the game definitely feels better post patch. The note highway is much easier to read, the hyperspeed options are rad and the stats screen is great (I love the excess strums tracking).

udiie

At this point it's been like 4 weeks of being unable to connect to the music store
I'm pretty jazzed about not being able to download nearly a thousand dollars worth of dlc
Nvm I see they're still doing server updates...

Updated Rock Band 4!

I FC'd Still Into You on Vocals (I had only FC'd it previously on Harmonies) and that was that. The RB servers were down so I couldn't check any of the online stuff.

I tried Brutal Mode and sag Short Skirt as a test run and they still show the lyrics??
Definitely not what I find fun, I thought it would be a complete blind karaoke showing.That would have been more interesting. Got Brutal Stars, but I don't think I'll revisit the mode too much. It seems really uninteresting to me.

D

Deleted member 57681

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah, a bunch of packs, albums, etc. came onto EU PSN last week. Boston, Judas Priest, Pearl Jam and so on. The singles are all available too, only a few things are missing.
I know, but the Boston singles are broken. I bought More Than A Feeling and Peace of Mind a long time ago but they just don't start to download. They seem to work if you buy the pack though, so I'm contemplating to just give in and buy the rest as well. The rest fun to play as well?

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
I know, but the Boston singles are broken. I bought More Than A Feeling and Piece of Mind a long time ago but they just don't start to download. They seem to work if you buy the pack though, so I'm contemplating to just give in and buy the rest as well. The rest fun to play as well?
The Boston pack is a must! It's a really fun pack.

Psymatiq

Neo Member
I just fced 10ish songs in a row just to see how it was with the new patch...its addicting as hell. Its basically Unreal Tournaments "HEADSHOT" just with "FULL COMBO" announcer voice instead. Then add the golden leafes :p.

B1Oq83e.jpg

D

Deleted member 57681

Unconfirmed Member
The Boston pack is a must! It's a really fun pack.
Yeah I guess it's a no-brainer. I love the album, and it's almost the whole thing!
Now I only need my 2112 pack and a few singles and I'm happy :)

bobohoro

Had a look. Don't know what I expected, but the massive content patch feels more like a small update to me. Will hook up my drumset tomorrow and play around a bit more with it, probably won't change my excitement level that much however. Probably will hold off on buying this week's DLC as well, kinda feel bad for giving them more of my money as things stand.

I just fced 10ish songs in a row just to see how it was with the new patch...its addicting as hell. Its basically Unreal Tournaments "HEADSHOT" just with "FULL COMBO" announcer voice instead. Then add the golden leafes :p.

B1Oq83e.jpg
This picture reminded me that I tried taking a screenshot of the score screen for multiple songs, and I keep getting an error message. Are we really not alowed to screenshot Rock Band 4 in any way? That's mega lame

Psymatiq

Neo Member
This picture reminded me that I tried taking a screenshot of the score screen for multiple songs, and I keep getting an error message. Are we really not alowed to screenshot Rock Band 4 in any way? That's mega lame

A Camera/phone or a actual capture card and your fine. Its all about copyright BS. I guess they allso got copyright on the album art or something.

Top Bottom