• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rock Band 4 |OT| We're Putting The Rock Band Back Together

CloudWolf

Do we know by now if VR is coming to RB4 on PS4 or is that something separate/Oculus exclusive?

On the PS experience they had a list of developers that support PSVR and Harmonix was on there, but that could also be for Amplitude I guess.
It's probably Amplitude or that VR music visualizer they were supposedly working on. Rock Band VR is codeveloped by Oculus, I doubt they would also develop it for PSVR.

So someone just got me this for Christmas!

And gave it to me early because apparently it requires downloads and my internets suck. :p

Just to be clear: Over the years of Rock Band I've likely dropped around 200 dollars on songs, I will still have access to them right?

Awesome! And what system are you on?

Gleethor

Xbone, since all my old songs were on xbox, I had to do the xbone. Christmas is awesome, I'm finally next gen :p

Speaking of, I did the whole 'rebuild your library option' but it doesn't give me any indication it's downloading my songs...did I do it wrong?

If you clicked "rebuild library" with the intention of auto-downloading all of your owned songs, thats not actually what that option is for. You have to manually go into either the Xbox store or Rock Band in game store and download the stuff you own. Apparently this is a first party limitation, as HMX couldn't even get permission to have a "purchased" section in the in-game store let alone a auto-download feature.

DCS

Banned
Anybody on PS4 that plays regularly in a band (ie more than one person) send me a friend request if you want some easy scores to beat, username is 'haribo_kart'.

CloudWolf

Xbone, since all my old songs were on xbox, I had to do the xbone. Christmas is awesome, I'm finally next gen :p

Speaking of, I did the whole 'rebuild your library option' but it doesn't give me any indication it's downloading my songs...did I do it wrong?

Go to My Games and Apps, hover over Rock Band 4 and press start. A menu should pop up and then you need to go to 'Manage Game'. On the right side of your screen it should show 'Ready to Install' and that will list all of your previously purchased songs that are currently available for Rock Band 4 and can be redownloaded free of charge. You can redownload them all by simply pressing 'Install All'.

EDIT: So this
You have to manually go into either the Xbox store or Rock Band in game store and download the stuff you own. Apparently this is a first party limitation, as HMX couldn't even get permission to have a "purchased" section in the in-game store let alone a auto-download feature.
is not necessary anymore.

Gleethor

Go to My Games and Apps, hover over Rock Band 4 and press start. A menu should pop up and then you need to go to 'Manage Game'. On the right side of your screen it should show 'Ready to Install' and that will list all of your previously purchased songs that are currently available for Rock Band 4 and can be redownloaded free of charge. You can redownload them all by simply pressing 'Install All'.

ah, nice. Wish that this had been an option on PS4

I'd much rather play Amplitude in VR than Rock Band

HMX is making.a VR music visualizer for PS4. Rock Band VR is exclusive to Oculus, unfortunately

It's Oculus exclusive. PS4 won't have the power to render RB VR.

It's probably Amplitude or that VR music visualizer they were supposedly working on. Rock Band VR is codeveloped by Oculus, I doubt they would also develop it for PSVR.

Thanks, that's a bummer. Would be nice for the times you play RB by yourself and RB4 needs some features anyway.

Oh well Amplitude or a music visualizer in VR could be interesting as well.

I hope Rock Band VR is also a normal version of the game on PC so I can play on my monitor which has 1ms of imput lag :p Interested to try the vr component either way.

DagsJT

This worked for around half of my tracks, the rest didn't show and I had to manually search for the songs and download them.

TriniTrin

war of titties grampa
Anyone want to add me for PS4 leaderboards?
GT- TheTrinidad

I play some guitar, sing and i do medium drums sometimes LOL

komarkaze

I finally got to play Rock Band 4 for the first time last night. I pre-ordered the digital Xbox version for the extra songs in early October, but I didn't own the console yet. I purchased the wireless adapter and didn't receive it until November. Then I bought an Xbox One during the Black Friday weekend and spent last week downloading patches and DLC. But i waited until the Dec 8 patch came out since I would have to recalibrate anyways.

So after all that, I played about 25 minutes with. My expectations have been tempered about the lack of options and exports already. My biggest impression so far is improvised guitar solos are amazing. Found the Endless Solo mode and selected Texas Flood. I haven't smiled that big since I first experienced RB in a full band setting.

My Xbox Live tag is Komakaze. I will add folks from here soon.

I asked on Twitter and Harmonix says that if you want original recordings of some of those old covers to just request it.

Sure would be nice to get War Pigs...

zulux21

I asked on Twitter and Harmonix says that if you want original recordings of some of those old covers to just request it.

Sure would be nice to get War Pigs...

I'd rather get some of the songs in the game with actual versions instead of some of their horrid live versions.

*looks at ac/dc rock band* if only :(

BreakyBoy

o_O @_@ O_o
If anyone on Xbox One wants someone with a bunch of middling scores on Expert guitar, you can add me: Breaky Boy

I have about a thousand songs pre-exports and I've posted a score on about half of them, so chances are decent there will be a score up. I normally play drums, but I can't in this apartment, and I'm not sure I want to without e-kit/Ion support.

Dear Harmonix/Mad Catz: I will pay a pretty steep premium for an XB1-compatible MIDI adapter. Please don't make me and the rest of community jank one up in a garage. Plskthx

Green Day export *as DLC* is available, but IIRC if you actually exported Green Day you can't get it yet?

Green Day is actually the only export that has worked for me. Oh and Blitz. Either way, if you're on Xbox One, you should be able to download your Green Day export by now.

Glassboy

I had green day rock band on PS3 and imported it into rock band 3. However, it's showing up as paid dlc for me. Not one of the songs is showing up free. Anyone else having this problem?

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
With this DLC, all of my favorite bands now have a song in Rock Band:

Dream Theater
X Japan
Nightwish
Symphony X
Sonata Arctica (well, in RBN, but still counts!)

I'm quite excited for tomorrow's update and the RB3 import.
I want more Nightwish and Sonata Arctica songs, sadly I don't think it'll ever happen :(
Such a shame, I'd pay big bucks for this, or this, or this!

I also have a hard time differntiating between toms and cymbals in RB4, especially on fast songs. They are shaped way too similar and with some weird glow effect, hope they do something about that down the line.
Ah yes, I have a problem with that too, I did in RB3 as well, but far less than now. The game is sorely lacking some accessibility options :(

It might even be at some point today. Harmonix just added this page to their site detailing the export process:

http://harmonixmusic.parature.com/l...520/Can-I-export-Rock-Band-3-into-Rock-Band-4
Man, the fact that you have to download every song individually on PS4 sucks D:
This is awesome though:
All 83 on-disc tracks from the Rock Band 3 setlist will export.

I'd rather get some of the songs in the game with actual versions instead of some of their horrid live versions.

*looks at ac/dc rock band* if only :(
Seriously ACDC is the only thing I regret buying. It's so bad and even Let There be Rock is ruined by the repetition.
Well, GH: Warriors Of Rock got the studio version of "Children of the Grave" so now would be a perfect time to request some Sabbath.
They also got the Sweet Leaf master. War Pigs and Iron Man are definitely in my most wanted list.

Two questions:

1. Has anyone been able to get their previous exports of track packs such as "Country Track Pack" to work in Rock Band 4 on Xbox?

2. In career mode, is there ever a show or tour that allows you to choose a setlist with whatever songs you want from your entire library (i.e., not limited to certain tiers of difficulty)?

zulux21

Seriously ACDC is the only thing I regret buying. It's so bad and even Let There be Rock is ruined by the repetition.

They also got the Sweet Leaf master. War Pigs and Iron Man are definitely in my most wanted list.

thunderstuck is supposed to start with awesome guitar... not taps on a drum forever :(

NotDigital

Neo Member

I've always been in the minority as far as the ACDC track pack goes. I enjoy playing the majority of the songs and I think the live versions sound good.

The Green Day game is my ACDC. I don't particularly care for the music and most of the songs aren't the type that I like to play on guitar. I only bought it after they stopped releasing DLC and I wanted a new injection of songs to play, otherwise I would have skipped it entirely.

zulux21

I've always been in the minority as far as the ACDC track pack goes. I enjoy playing the majority of the songs and I think the live versions sound good.

The Green Day game is my ACDC. I don't particularly care for the music and most of the songs aren't the type that I like to play on guitar. I only bought it after they stopped releasing DLC and I wanted a new injection of songs to play, otherwise I would have skipped it entirely.

i love both bands, and while the ac/dc versions don't sound horrible, they are inferior to the album versions by quite a bit :/

CloudWolf

Got red stars in brutal for Otherside (singing) but that's cheating cause Otherside is cake.

The singing seems a lot easier and I'm not shredding my voice as much as I was for 3. Not sure if that's a plus or not? Some of the guy songs were hell of hard for me.
I don't know if it became Easier but IMO the singing in RB4 is a lot better thanks to the harmonies in old songs.

Gorger

If someone wants some guitar and vocals scores on their friends list you can add me. My GT is my Gaf name and I'm on Xbox. I will return the follow

Would love to add more RBgaffers, but unfortunately I am on PS4. If anyone want's to add me then my PS name is the same as my GAF name.

Top Bottom