• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rock Band 4 |OT| We're Putting The Rock Band Back Together

DagsJT

Really disappointed, expected it days ago and even their Twitter comments today have give me the impression it could be out on the Xbox today. To still be giving that impression and suddenly switch it to "days" last minute after already waiting so long is just disappointing.

Ninhead

Really disappointed, expected it days ago and even their Twitter comments today have give me the impression it could be out on the Xbox today. To still be giving that impression and suddenly switch it to "days" last minute after already waiting so long is just disappointing.

Something must have gone wrong.

SFenton

The Blitz, the Green Day songs and the RB1/2 bonus songs that came with the export didn't have any symbols next to them. Plus we don't even know is the Bon Jovi tracks will be separate later on with the export when the downloadable tracks are the exact same thing in this game, in the same vein as the queen tracks.

The optimist in me says that this means that all previous exported songs will be released as DLC later on down the line to ensure that at least as much as possible is available for people new to the series. I mean, having ~300 tracks only available to people who started playing the series eight years ago is hardly a good feature to advertise, particularly in contrast with GH Live which has a hundred out of the box.

I'm pretty sure GH Live is nearing 400 now, actually.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Wow, what fucked up on Xbox for this to happen? I almost wish they didn't even bother announcing this would happen to avoid the disappointment. :/

_woLf

RB4 exports/DLC song acquisition continue to be one of the most frustrating experiences I have ever had to deal with for any game, EVER.

What a mess.

SFenton

RB4 exports/DLC song acquisition continue to be one of the most frustrating experiences I have ever had to deal with for any game, EVER.

What a mess.

Be glad you weren't a PS4 EU Rocksmith player. Or aren't currently a PS4 Rock Band player.

Matticers

The Xbox export is supposed to be out by this weekend at the latest and they made it sound like they can push the export live at anytime on the Xbox. So I'm still expecting it to be available within 24 hours or so. I can wait until then.

I just hope we don't have to wait months and months for the exports from RB 1 and 2.

DagsJT

The Xbox export is supposed to be out by this weekend at the latest and they made it sound like they can push the export live at anytime on the Xbox. So I'm still expecting it to be available within 24 hours or so. I can wait until then.

I just hope we don't have to wait months and months for the exports from RB 1 and 2.

I wouldn't expect 24 hours, they've actually used the words "few days" on their Twitter feed so might not even be by the end of the week.

What a mess.

Have to agree. Exporting has generally just been a pain trying to figure out what can be exported and when etc.

Gorger

Rock Band 4 developer is a proud sponsor of the nation’s largest queer gaming convention.

y4rM2.gif

Maybe they can force them to get something from Pet Shop Boys or even Scissor Sisters... ohhhhh and Village People!

Matticers

I wouldn't expect 24 hours, they've actually used the words "few days" on their Twitter feed so might not even be by the end of the week.

Didn't see that newest update from them. That kind of sucks. Especially if you're someone who primarily plays Rock Band and you aren't into many other games lately.

They probably shouldn't even give us dates when it's supposed to come out if they keep pushing it back like this. They might as well just say "December" and then randomly say "surprise, it's here" whenever it's live.

D

Deleted member 57681

Unconfirmed Member
FUCK!! I really wanted to have some Rock Lobster tonight. But I guess they were Foolin with us.
Hey Man, Nice Shot

I remember everybody bitching about the RB3 soundtrack
not me!
, and now that it's so close yet so far away it looks like thefountain.gif

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Downloading the export on PS4! It's like 2.3GB total. Gotta download all the songs individually, but they all appear on a list for you.

Also, Imagine's keys have been charted to guitar.

Oooooooh. Interesting. I was thinking about what they would do with this earlier, I think we've seen more keys to guitar/bass charting in RB4 and its DLC than the years that came before. Does it have the same chart as the RB3 keys chart, or tweaked somewhat?

Wonder if a future patch will do the same for the rest of RB3-era DLC.

vg260

They probably shouldn't even give us dates when it's supposed to come out if they keep pushing it back like this. They might as well just say "December" and then randomly say "surprise, it's here" whenever it's live.

https://twitter.com/RockBand/status/675417668900532224
Damned if they do, damned if they don't.

Why do people have to get so bent out of shape when they're clearly working on it an updating to the best of their knowledge?

Gorger

Can you Imagine The Look on your face when you see all the Beautiful People? No One Knows, but I'm sure it's Just Like Heaven.

Oh My God, I Imagine it tok you quite some time to come up with those. They were pretty clever though, gave me some Good Vibrations as i was sipping on my Cold as Ice coke Killing Loneliness. But Here I Go Again rambling, sorry about that. In The Meantime I am still waiting for RB3 DLC to hit Europe. I had high expectations it would be released today, but it was A False Alarm. I need to wait another week, unlike you guys Living In America. I Need to Know if this constant waiting for EU DLC to arrive is driving me crazy, maybe I should check in on a Rehab.

I'd like to get the RB3 export but
If I leave here tomorrow
Would you still remember me?
For I must be traveling on now
'Cause there's too many places I've got to see.

Ninhead

They've mentioned the issues with having previously purchased DLC be free on a new system before. Maybe since this isn't even DLC they ran into some last-minute snags? MS is real weird with marketplace shit.

It's so weird that PS4 has become the place where Rock Band seems to be the better experience when Xbox had that locked down last gen. Ion drums? PS4 compatible. Wired instruments? PS4. Exports? Up sooner on PS4.

Kolma

It's so weird that PS4 has become the place where Rock Band seems to be the better experience when Xbox had that locked down last gen. Ion drums? PS4 compatible. Wired instruments? PS4. Exports? Up sooner on PS4.

It was confirmed though that PS4 isn't getting Green Day export till 2016 though.

Appleman

Thinking about buying RB4 on PS4. I have Rock Bands 1+2 imported into RB3 on my PS3, and a bunch of DLC.

What of this carries over and how do I do it? Do I still need the PS3 discs? Can I just log into PSN and see it all in the store?

SFenton

Thinking about buying RB4 on PS4. I have Rock Bands 1+2 imported into RB3 on my PS3, and a bunch of DLC.

What of this carries over and how do I do it? Do I still need the PS3 discs? Can I just log into PSN and see it all in the store?

It will all carry over- DLC should work now- RB1/2 exports will function early next year.

Enthus

I still can't confirm my eligibility for Rock Band 3. I have trophies from it, and they appear on my PSN profile. Anyone have any ideas?

Going through all the songs to download them on PS4 really made me re-appreciate how many good songs were in RB3. Really great variety too.

So glad we didn't end up losing it, props HMX!

Also, goodbye Visions

ascii42

I forgot how many GH1 and GH2 songs were in RB3.

I wish it would display which game exports came from, like it has for RB4 songs. Didn't RB2 do that for RB1 songs?

I forgot how many GH1 and GH2 songs were in RB3.

I wish it would display which game exports came from, like it has for RB4 songs. Didn't RB2 do that for RB1 songs?

I hope they continue to work on the song selection interface. It's obviously a central component to their platform, and while I like some of the stuff they've done, I hope they bring back a lot of the sorting options. If this game goes for years like they plan, I'm going to have a massive library (already over 1200 songs).

CloudWolf

Great, my Guitar Hero: World Tour guitar is overstrumming and my Guitar Hero 3 guitar sometimes doesn't register the red and green buttons.

I'm never going to hear that FC-voice again :'(

Shoeless

I hope they continue to work on the song selection interface. It's obviously a central component to their platform, and while I like some of the stuff they've done, I hope they bring back a lot of the sorting options. If this game goes for years like they plan, I'm going to have a massive library (already over 1200 songs).

I'm actually surprised at the absence of a "source" listing the way RB3 had where you could just jump to your RB1 and RB2 songs. Also hoping that they'll bring back a listing by decades, as sometimes I just want to relive my childhood and go through only 80s tunes.

Kolma

I'm actually surprised at the absence of a "source" listing the way RB3 had where you could just jump to your RB1 and RB2 songs. Also hoping that they'll bring back a listing by decades, as sometimes I just want to relive my childhood and go through only 80s tunes.

RB4 actually has an INCREDIBLE search function.
Whatever you search goes through artist, song name, date, and genre (maybe more?)
Code:
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/7DB7zsu.png[/IMG][IMG]http://i.imgur.com/fk5fI6c.png[/IMG]

However note it's not 100% as you can see searching country pulls up country songs + Bat Country.

RB4 actually has an INCREDIBLE search function.
Whatever you search goes through artist, song name, date, and genre (maybe more?)
Code:
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/7DB7zsu.png[/IMG][IMG]http://i.imgur.com/fk5fI6c.png[/IMG]

However note it's not 100% as you can see searching country pulls up country songs + Bat Country.

Searching feels a little cumbersome to me. Maybe I need to try to more.

But even so, sometimes you just want to flip through your selections, and better sorting / navigation is necessary for this game IMO.

This , so much .. the option to filter songs in rb3 were really good.. they need to do that again !

Top Bottom