• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rock Band 4 |OT| We're Putting The Rock Band Back Together

Gorger

I dont get why for visual calibrations dont they just a note highway with simple notes to play. Makes more sense than the stupid needle going either side

Warrior of Rock tried to do something like that, but you could only do it on easy and it was only one section of one dethklok song so it didn't really work that well. Though it was definitely a step in the right direction. I asked Harmonix for a better calibration system before the game was released several times since calibrating is such a nightmare, even with auto calibration, but this is what we get :\ Despite the new patch was supposed to fix calibration I have had a lot of problems tuning it right, and it's getting really annoying have to close down the song, go back to the main menu, then finding the calibration in options to slightly tune the values again hoping it gets better.

CloudWolf

I'm still extremely confused why Cipher Peon showed up in my Activity Feed. I triple-checked and I don't have that dude in my Xbox Live friendlist. How the hell did he sneak in there?

Zerot

Neo Member
i love both bands, and while the ac/dc versions don't sound horrible, they are inferior to the album versions by quite a bit :/

I wonder if there aren't masters available for the classic studio stuff. That's the bummer about a lot of classic rock.

I liked the live ACDC stuff, though, for the most part.

CloudWolf

I wonder if there aren't masters available for the classic studio stuff. That's the bummer about a lot of classic rock.

I liked the live ACDC stuff, though, for the most part.
The AC/DC stuff wasn't because of missing masters, it's because AC/DC was (or still is) extremely difficult to negotiate with regarding digital versions of their songs. Basically they only allowed Harmonix to release their songs if they were not available for download seperately and if they adhered to their specific demands (which included no compilation-type release IIRC).

So when Harmonix wanted to release more AC/DC besides Let There Be Rock on RB2, they had to do it in the form of a non-downloadable Live at Donington add-on. It was that or no AC/DC at all.

Two questions:

1. Has anyone been able to get their previous exports of track packs such as "Country Track Pack" to work in Rock Band 4 on Xbox?

2. In career mode, is there ever a show or tour that allows you to choose a setlist with whatever songs you want from your entire library (i.e., not limited to certain tiers of difficulty)?

Anyone?

Kolma

Some have said that Country Track Pack 2 works.
But the only exports I have working are green day, and blitz.
Metal, classic, and TP2 are a no go for me and I didn't get country.

Also haven't touched "Story" mode since I first got the game, waiting for all the exports to come out. But I noticed selling out and doing shows for money over fans gives you more choices of songs.

Looks like you'll be able to delete particular export songs on Xbox.

4d5acee4961e4a6d01270b994a0993.png

Xis

Some have said that Country Track Pack 2 works.
But the only exports I have working are green day, and blitz.
Metal, classic, and TP2 are a no go for me and I didn't get country.

Country Track Pack 2 does not work for me (XB1). I have all the track packs, and none of them are live yet. The only disc-based export live right now is Green Day (US, XB1, Friday morning).

espher

I hope RB2 export is like this.
(so I can remove one step closer)

XB1 packs/bundles are just groupings of individual DLC song packages, so I would expect you can. It's not like the 360 where a three-song pack was a separate LIVE file containing all three songs.

Does the double bass pedal work yet?

I know it was supposed to at launch, but it never did, and I haven't heard since

ALSO

if I buy an electronic drum set that does MIDI out, can I get the MIDI adapter and use it on rock band?

I wanted to get a drumset anyway but that would be a great bonus

edit: for ps4. I know the xbone has some restrictions that probably wouldn't work?

komarkaze

At least the censored Rock Band version is better than the complete lyric replacement in the Guitar Hero 2 cover.

"Now you're under control! I won't do what you tell me!"

Does the double bass pedal work yet?

I know it was supposed to at launch, but it never did, and I haven't heard since

ALSO

if I buy an electronic drum set that does MIDI out, can I get the MIDI adapter and use it on rock band?

I wanted to get a drumset anyway but that would be a great bonus

edit: for ps4. I know the xbone has some restrictions that probably wouldn't work?

MIDI sets work on PS4 with the adapter.

teddymeow

So for an EU PS4 owner are any exports available yet?

I had RB1, RB2, LEGO, Green Day, Blitz all exported into RB3 so waiting for their availability in 4.

Thanks.

It has worked since launch. You need the adapter though which they sold beginning with RB2 I think.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B001VIF550/?tag=neogaf0e-20

That is a pedal that comes with the adapter.

I knew it was supposed to work since launch, I thought it was supposed to work without the adapter though.

I swear I thought the 2nd plug on the drums was supposed to be for native double bass support.

I'm not paying 175 dollars for a pedal, damn.

Thanks though

Kolma

logo.svg

HARMONIX TEAMS UP WITH GAYMERX

Rock Band 4 developer is a proud sponsor of the nation’s largest queer gaming convention.

San Jose, Calif. – December 11, 2015 – Harmonix Music Systems, Inc. is pleased to announce its partnership with GaymerX, the nation’s largest annual queer gaming convention. Harmonix is a sponsor of GaymerX, and Rock Band™ 4 will be playable on the show floor. The studio invites attendees to stop by its booth on the show floor to meet Rock Band developers, collect fabulous exclusive swag, learn about Harmonix job opportunities, and play Rock Band 4.

“Harmonix makes games for a diverse community of players. We’re proud to partner with GaymerX. Their credo, ‘everybody games!’ falls right in line with our studio’s values and mission” said Steve Janiak, CEO of Harmonix. Matt Conn, the founder and CEO of GaymerX, added: “Harmonix has some of the best titles out there for bringing people together. We're proud and excited to have them join us because it sends a message that these games really are for everyone and that we are all welcome to join in on the fun.”

For more information on Rock Band 4 and to stay up to date with the latest news and announcements, head over to http://www.rockband.com and follow @RockBand on Twitter for updates.

# # #

© 2015 Harmonix Music Systems, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Harmonix, Rock Band and all related titles and logos are trademarks of Harmonix Music Systems, Inc. Rock Band 4 developed by Harmonix Music Systems, Inc. All other marks are the property of their respective owners.

About Harmonix Music Systems, Inc
Harmonix Music Systems, Inc., based in Boston, MA, and established in 1995, is the leading developer of groundbreaking music-oriented videogames. Harmonix was founded to invent new ways for non-musicians to experience the unique joy that comes from making music and has pioneered music and rhythm gaming in the US. For more information please visit www.harmonixmusic.com.

About GaymerX
GaymerX is the first ever LGBTQ-focused gaming convention. For its third year, the event will take place under the name “GX3: Everyone Games”, celebrating a space where all can join in discussion, play, and community without fear of harassment or discomfort for being who and what they are. GX3 will take place in San Jose, California at the San Jose Marriott and Convention Center on December 11th-13th 2015. For more information please visit www.gaymerx.com.

I picked up Country Track Pack volume 2 from a pawn shop around Thanksgiving. Put the code in the 360, got the songs in RB3 & RB4. Played Ring of Fire in RB4 on the Xbox One just this week.

I purchased both track packs back when they were originally released and exported both of them into RB3. No dice for me on either one for RB4.

Hmmm...

TriniTrin

war of titties grampa
Oh shit. So i have to export the country track pack to rockband 3 first before it shows into rb4? I thought i just put the code in and that would be good. Lol

FyreWulff

Does that mean if I don't have RB3, I can buy the individual songs from Xbox Live? Please say I can, pretty please! :)

Nope. It's because Sony/MS insist everything you can buy be visible on the store now, even if it's not directly purchaseable.

On PS4 I believe it's confirmed you have to download the RB3 songs one by one, but on One it's a giant pack (I think)

SFenton

Nope. It's because Sony/MS insist everything you can buy be visible on the store now, even if it's not directly purchaseable.

On PS4 I believe it's confirmed you have to download the RB3 songs one by one, but on One it's a giant pack (I think)

If it's anything like other bundles, the content will be individual, but it will automatically queue all the content for you.

EDIT: Export appears to be up on PS4, soon on Xbox One, next week for Europe PS4!

EDIT EDIT: Might be a few days for Xbox :(

D

Deleted member 57681

Unconfirmed Member
Minor nitpick: HMX forum says that the RB3 songs show up under Newly Acquired and don't have a seperate sorting. What even is the point of having a "4" next to the on disc songs, when the exports don't have numbers.

zulux21

gah what a pain to download, at least they show up quickly in the download list so I can use my pc to do it.

Man that sucks for Xbox users. Still, even having it available in one territory on one console is progress

to be fair we are going on weeks for the green day export and ps4 users now, so i mean a few days sucks but at least it's not weeks :/

I would happily trade my rock band 3 export for green day as green day is one of my favorite bands :(

robotrock

Banned
Damn, feels good exporting Rock Band 3. I actually never played this one, I only bought a copy a couple of months ago so I could export Rock Band 2.

Minor nitpick: HMX forum says that the RB3 songs show up under Newly Acquired and don't have a seperate sorting. What even is the point of having a "4" next to the on disc songs, when the exports don't have numbers.

The Blitz, the Green Day songs and the RB1/2 bonus songs that came with the export didn't have any symbols next to them. Plus we don't even know is the Bon Jovi tracks will be separate later on with the export when the downloadable tracks are the exact same thing in this game, in the same vein as the queen tracks.

The optimist in me says that this means that all previous exported songs will be released as DLC later on down the line to ensure that at least as much as possible is available for people new to the series. I mean, having ~300 tracks only available to people who started playing the series eight years ago is hardly a good feature to advertise, particularly in contrast with GH Live which has a hundred out of the box.

Top Bottom