• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rock Band 4 |OT| We're Putting The Rock Band Back Together

Of course the export is delayed on Xbox. I fully expected them to fuck up something. Harmonix never disappoints in that aspect lately. They've turned into such a shitshow.

Christ, give it a rest. Shit's complicated and they're actively working on the situation.

It's been one thing after another after another after another with these people. These people are not my friends. I'm their customer. I'm not giving it a rest.

The game should have never been released without all this export stuff ready. But hey, anything to beat Guitar Hero by one week, right?

Of course the export is delayed on Xbox. I fully expected them to fuck up something. Harmonix never disappoints in that aspect lately. They've turned into such a shitshow.

This is on Microsoft's end. They thought it would be up today, but something happened on the Xbox side of things.

It's been one thing after another after another after another with these people. These people are not my friends. I'm their customer. I'm not giving it a rest.

The game should have never been released without all this export stuff ready. But hey, anything to beat Guitar Hero by one week, right?

They announced a release date for RB4 way before GHL had their date announced. So I don't really get this notion of beating the competition to release.

I think HMX really should get a pass on all the retro DLC. i can't imagine what a nightmare it must be with all the licensing and interfacing with different store fronts, etc. I suspect most of these snags are not coming from their end.

As long as they deliver in a reasonable timeframe, I'm good.

The game itself, however, does feel a little rushed. But as long as they keep improving it, I'm good there too.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
They announced a release date for RB4 way before GHL had their date announced. So I don't really get this notion of beating the competition to release.
Given the state of the game, I'm sure they had an idea that they had to get out in October. Everything about this game screams Early Access.

vg260

What release date promises have they not met? Only hard date I recall them giving out was the game's release date, and they met that. If you bought the game you got what they promised, and they haven't broken their promise that the export is coming. They even have a community spreadsheet on the status of all the entitlement transfers. They've been way more transparent than they could have been.

Also, they could have not said anything regarding the progress this week, released the PS4 update and left you wondering. However, they said it's in final testing, but something came up on Microsoft's end, and it may be delayed by a few days. What do you want them to do in this case? They can't make it work magically without Microsoft's approval.

I mean I get the wait is frustrating, but be reasonable about it.

What release date promises have they not met? Only hard date I recall them giving out was the game's release date, and they met that. If you bought the game you got what they promised, and they haven't broken their promise that the export is coming. They even have a community spreadsheet on the status of all the entitlement transfers. They've been way more transparent than they could have been.

Also, they could have not said anything regarding the progress this week, released the PS4 update and left you wondering. However, they said it's in final testing, but something came up on Microsoft's end, and it may be delayed by a few days. What do you want them to do in this case? They can't make it work magically without Microsoft's approval.

I mean I get the wait is frustrating, but be reasonable about it.

I am with you on this too. While the wait is frustrating, Harmonix has been pretty transparent about everything going on with this game and the development.

Kolma

I LOVE how people blame Harmonix for things going wrong on Microsoft and Sony's end.
God dammit guys they are trying. They love Rock Band and I don't see them fucking it up on purpose.

If you want to go out and design a game yourself claiming how easy it is be my guest.
I don't understand how people keep forgetting that EVERYTHING in RB was designed for previous consoles and having nearly all the DLC working at launch was a miracle in and of itself.

Is it possible to rent RB3 and get the export that way?

We don't know their actual criteria. They said they'd "know", but from the PSN/XBL perspective, there's very little they can work with.

- Can you separate friends who played it vs. the owner (achievements/played time)?
- Can you separate renters from owners (who launched the game)?

SlickVic

Would it be possible for them to implement the same import process for Rock Band 1 and 2? Just check if you had played it on your profile and pay a $10-$15 fee to get the songs into RB4? Would be nice if they had that option along with maybe waiving the fee if you had already bought the export key from before.

Would it be possible for them to implement the same import process for Rock Band 1 and 2? Just check if you had played it on your profile and pay a $10-$15 fee to get the songs into RB4? Would be nice if they had that option along with maybe waiving the fee if you had already bought the export key from before.

I don't think they're allowed to sell the export keys anymore due to licensing stuff.

We don't know their actual criteria. They said they'd "know", but from the PSN/XBL perspective, there's very little they can work with.

- Can you separate friends who played it vs. the owner (achievements/played time)?
- Can you separate renters from owners (who launched the game)?

Very weird indeed.
I actually changed my PSN profile and i hadn't played RB3 on it ( only RB2 ) so i put the game on my PS3 last night , let it install trophies and then let it sync them

I really thought whenever you had trophies installed would be the trigger but few hours later when i launched RB4, the export was not available. Does the export system requires a connexion to the rb store ( RB3 )? Some scores on the leaderboards ?
Does their export system has some lag between PS3 and PS4 once the conditions are fullfilled ?

I'm in the dark ... BUt i'll try few other things and see if i can export on PS4

FyreWulff

Somebody reported on Reddit that their RB3 PS3 disc was broken, got to the intro movie and crashed, and it still popped the export for them

Bowler

Is there a way to get some of the old tracks on the cheaper?

Im a 360 to ps4 convert, and had rock band 1, I would love to get some of the songs, i guess just not at full price

So are Rock Band 1 and 2 songs out yet? And if they are can I download them all easily? Or do I have to do it individually like the DLC songs at launch? Haha.

Kolma

Is there a way to get some of the old tracks on the cheaper?

Im a 360 to ps4 convert, and had rock band 1, I would love to get some of the songs, i guess just not at full price

Blitz on PS3,
RB3 on PS3 (play it once, get a trophy, get export on PS4)
All else you can get now are track packs.
RB1,2,lego, and green day no longer export.

Blitz on PS3,
RB3 on PS3 (play it once, get a trophy, get export on PS4)
All else you can get now are track packs.
RB1,2,lego, and green day no longer export.

The problem with RB3 is since it never got reprinted like the 360 version, it isn't the easiest thing to find, especially for cheap.

Lady Gaia

The problem with RB3 is since it never got reprinted like the 360 version, it isn't the easiest thing to find, especially for cheap.

... and there was never a digital version. I'm very happy I originally bought RB3 for PS3, though I traded it in a week later for the 360 version. It simplified my life on this front immensely.

I LOVE how people blame Harmonix for things going wrong on Microsoft and Sony's end.
God dammit guys they are trying. They love Rock Band and I don't see them fucking it up on purpose.

If you want to go out and design a game yourself claiming how easy it is be my guest.
I don't understand how people keep forgetting that EVERYTHING in RB was designed for previous consoles and having nearly all the DLC working at launch was a miracle in and of itself.

Sorry but I bought RB4 at launch and watched this shitshow unfold over the last few months. I can't think of any other game that has had so many problems where we got told "It's on Microsoft's/Sony's end not our fault!!!" this often. Was that whole European PSN DLC issue completely Sony's fault from day one? Then why didn't they come out and say it? Microsoft is fucking something up with the RB3 export? Then why don't they come out and say it?

Every time something is coming down the pipe they just stay quiet and say "Soon" over and over again on twitter. I'm sorry but its fucking ridiculous how bad this company has become. Harmonix today isn't the Harmonix from 2008 I used to love

hodgy100

Sorry but I bought RB4 at launch and watched this shitshow unfold over the last few months. I can't think of any other game that has had so many problems where we got told "It's on Microsoft's/Sony's end not our fault!!!" this often. Was that whole European PSN DLC issue completely Sony's fault from day one? Then why didn't they come out and say it? Microsoft is fucking something up with the RB3 export? Then why don't they come out and say it?

Every time something is coming down the pipe they just stay quiet and say "Soon" over and over again on twitter. I'm sorry but its fucking ridiculous how bad this company has become. Harmonix today isn't the Harmonix from 2008 I used to love

No other game is in the unique position of having to move over 2000+ dlc packages to the next gen infrastructure. Its really unfair to blame them for whats happening we can jsut put pressure on them to do it faster. but throwing your rattle out the pram is pretty futile. Harmonix wont come out and say its on sony or MS because they probably arent allowed to. blaming your distributer for problems is a great way to convince them to hurry up with your product...

What other game has let you carry over 2000+ pieces of DLC for free across consoles? I know the answer: none. Because it's never been done before.

They're not going to publicly shit on MS and Sony when they are reliant on their collaboration to get things accomplished. This isn't grade school, you act professional in the real world

HMX are fortunate that Sony and MS are even willing to accommodate this in the first place.

pacman85

Lol good grief. If you really think like this, good luck keeping any kind of a job in an actual professional environment. And if you do still have a job, everyone probably hates you....

D

Deleted member 57681

Unconfirmed Member
Microsoft is fucking something up with the RB3 export? Then why don't they come out and say it?
neuebitmap54uu7u.png

Someone here helped played Rock Band 3 on my account and got a trophy but it still says it can't confirm my eligibility. Have people actually had luck contacting their support in an easy process?

I have a sneaking suspicion something's going to go tits up with the PS4 version of the Export, I just have a hunch,

Downloading on XB1 now, hope it goes smoothly!

I saw all 83 songs finish download but I guess they weren't installed because I'm trapped in the Finding Downloaded Content screen.

Can't wait to play these songs though!

vg260

Nice. Someone must have been pulling an all-nighter to get this out.

Of course they'll probably still be getting crap on Twitter and elsewhere for this disgusting delay.

dorkkaos

So, double checking. I just need a trophy for Rock Band 3, then I can get the export? It doesn't matter if I get it used today? :O

Top Bottom