• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rock Band 4 |OT| We're Putting The Rock Band Back Together

Nice. Someone must have been pulling an all-nighter to get this out.

Of course they'll probably still be getting crap on Twitter and elsewhere for this disgusting delay.

I just think the twitter account should've better worded it better,insyead of just giving the impression that it was going to be soon after the PS4 release.

vg260

I just think the twitter account should've better worded it better,insyead of just giving the impression that it was going to be soon after the PS4 release.

But it was right up until things changed at the last moment. They were giving a pretty accurate status report.

So thanks to an awesome Twitter follower, I got the Rock Band 3 export!

I'm incredibly unhappy with the fact that it doesn't separate into its own category in Date Acquired. Another step down from Rock Band 3, as usual.

Anyway, I celebrated by FC'ING THE GREATEST SONG OF ALL TIME WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
CWDd9rCU4AAvlEC.jpg

robotrock

Banned
So thanks to an awesome Twitter follower, I got the Rock Band 3 export!

I'm incredibly unhappy with the fact that it doesn't separate into its own category in Date Acquired. Another step down from Rock Band 3, as usual.

Anyway, I celebrated by FC'ING THE GREATEST SONG OF ALL TIME WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Did you figure out the criteria that makes the server think you own Rock Band 3?

But it was right up until things changed at the last moment. They were giving a pretty accurate status report.

What I mean is, instead of saying PS4 out now. Coming soon: Xbox. Next week: PS4 EU, maybe they should've said that Xbox might be a couple of days due to MS.

vg260

What I mean is, instead of saying PS4 out now. Coming soon: Xbox. Next week: PS4 EU, maybe they should've said that Xbox might be a couple of days due to MS.

They did, though. See the twitter screencap posted ealier. I really don't know what else they could have said without publicly throwing MS under the bus. They handled the situation well considering all the crap they were getting, and the sudden delay from Microsoft.

The sort/filter options in 4 are a step back, but hopefully once they get everything in there, they can go back and update the meta data. All that might be lower on the priority list.

That's not a Roundabout FC.
I think I already FC'd Roundabout in Rock Band 3

Excellent song
the ending da da da das are so hard to do though

The sort/filter options in 4 are a step back, but hopefully once they get everything in there, they can go back and update the meta data. All that might be lower on the priority list.
You're right! Adding in Keys/Pro Guitar/Pro Bass is top, then the More Information page can return, then song ratings, then Rock Band Network, THEN fixing sorts and filters.

We're got a looooooong way to go!

Kemal86

I 100% got Stop Me If You Think You've Heard This One Before. (Xbox One)

Doh! Xbox One, already tried rebuilding my cache. I'll have to find the Downloads list in the new NXE. Notifications only remembered the last 20 (and they're definitely not in order)

Edit: I turn on my Xbox to go find them and guess what downloads? Weird, the others had finished downloading eons before I went through triple-checking everything

I think I already FC'd Roundabout in Rock Band 3

Excellent song
the ending da da da das are so hard to do though

You're right! Adding in Keys/Pro Guitar/Pro Bass is top, then the More Information page can return, then song ratings, then Rock Band Network, THEN fixing sorts and filters.

We're got a looooooong way to go!

Keys and Pro instruments are never coming back. Let it go.

CloudWolf

Awesome, even with my overstrumming guitar I managed to FC Imagine on guitar.

I'm seriously debating buying the game + guitar bundle tomorrow for the guitar. Since it's not looking like the standalone guitar will be available anytime soon in The Netherlands.

They did, though. See the twitter screencap posted ealier. I really don't know what else they could have said without publicly throwing MS under the bus. They handled the situation well considering all the crap they were getting, and the sudden delay from Microsoft.

I meant the initial tweet, the internet is full of people who make knee-jerk reactions and then don't even bother using rational thought. We have a few in this thread as well.

I wouldn't say never, but if they were, it wouldn't be for years at this point.

Even then, I'd only expect keys, given the specialized hardware needed to support guitar/bass (whereas I think many MIDI keyboards would work fine via the MIDI Pro Adapter if someone didn't already have an RB3 keyboard).

If anyone is willing to take a picture of their manual(showing the export key) and disk of the PS3 version of Rock Band 3 and send it to me I'll send you 5 dollars via paypal <3(for the first person who does it that is) Their forums want a photo to give me export permission for Rock Band 4, lol. I want to give them money!

Edit: They want the export key to be shown to show it's a "new" copy I presume.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Wow, coming back to RB after a month of GH Live is hard. They're similar enough that your hand wants to do the same actions/fingering, but obviously that doesn't work because RB is a 5 fret game. I never thought my brain would get confused like that. lol

FyreWulff

At most I expect Keys to come back, if it does, because that hardware can connect easily via the Legacy adapter or directly to the PS4.

But the current situation where MS isn't allowing MIDI Pro (so nobody on Xbox will be able use their Squier anyway) and the fact that Rocksmith won the "real guitar war" makes it less likely for those to come back.

I think they slightly missed the potential awesomeness that Freestyle Guitar and the Mustang Pro could have joined together - you could have quite literally played any guitar part you want to during solos, since you have a practically full guitar there.

Apparently the Mustang is still "in testing", so maybe Harmonix has something up their sleeve for it in RB4?

Matticers

I have to say that even though the wait for the export sucked (and continues to suck in the case of the other exports) they did a good job with it. It went super smooth for me. I just clicked on exports, I guess it verified that I'm able to buy it, I clicked and bought it and all the songs downloaded together in the background immediately. So I'm happy about that. Hopefully it goes that smoothly for everyone.

Storm360

Bought the export on PS4 and Xbone, (still have sony europe) to go, but eh, at this point i'm just supporting Harmonix, I went back to RB3.

Please explain how it was Microsoft's fault. And don't just paste Harmonix's never-ending vague Twitter posts.

Please explain how it isn't. Harmonix's answer may be vague, but it's the only insight on the situation that we're ever gonna get, and given how smoothly it went for SCEA, it sounds like something on Microsoft's end anyway.

Either way, they addressed the situation quickly and the Xbox export got delayed by about a day after all was said and done. It pays to be patient.

Storm360

Why do you own this game 3 times

I own it 5 times.

I originally intended to get the digital xbox version, so bought that and a legacy adapter, the legacy adapter included the original game by mistake, I also got a free bundle for xbox one.

The PS4 version, I bought because of ekit support.

TriniTrin

war of titties grampa
Are the track packs out for exporting yet? I got thr country track pack 2 and its not under exports yet. It would be there right?

Also, rock band 3 has such a better list of songs than 4, at least to me.

Are the track packs out for exporting yet? I got thr country track pack 2 and its not under exports yet. It would be there right?

Also, rock band 3 has such a better list of songs than 4, at least to me.

I don't think anyone would disagree with you on that. RB4 has the weakest setlist in the series.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
And to be fair, 1 and 2 have a way better setlist than 3. lol

That's just the reality of the genre. All the classic songs have been done, even The Beatles, so there's only so much they can do.

I'm curious how they'll convince retailers to keep stocking the game, but at least they don't have to worry about finding 80 new songs again.

And to be fair, 1 and 2 have a way better setlist than 3. lol

That's just the reality of the genre. All the classic songs have been done, even The Beatles, so there's only so much they can do.

I'm curious how they'll convince retailers to keep stocking the game, but at least they don't have to worry about finding 80 new songs again.

I definitely wouldn't say all the classic songs have been done. Not even close, in fact.

I find it amazing that the Band in the Box guitar will be relegated to "other" guitar status (aka being used only when I have people over). My ancient World Tour guitar is way better and prettier! Someone said "pass the the pretty guitar" in reference to it!

I think my issues with the BitB guitar are exasperated further with Guitar Hero Live's guitar, 6 button setup aside. That guitar is fantastic!

Keys and Pro instruments are never coming back. Let it go.
Never letting go! Ever!

Even if I did, it still doesn't mean it's a huge step down from its predecessor and a feature that I am heavily invested in its return. While I'm pretty much resigned to just wait for Rock Band 5, I'll never give up hope for a return to Rock Band 3 excellence!

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I definitely wouldn't say all the classic songs have been done. Not even close, in fact.
It feels like most of the big songs have already been in 1/2 or DLC though. I'm sure there's more they could get, but outside of songs they lost to Guitar Hero last gen, it seems like slim pickings.

I really wished that they had mapped the keys to guitar for Bohemian Rhapsody. At least till the guitar solo. Sucks having to wait 36 measures to play.

Fularu

Banned
Game won't let me purchase the xport... It says it can't check my eligibility despite having achievements for the game -_-

I even booted the game and connected the mic to sing 3 songs before going back to the xbox one but no dice.

Oh well...

Top Bottom