• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rock Band 4 |OT| We're Putting The Rock Band Back Together

Gleethor

Game won't let me purchase the xport... It says it can't check my eligibility despite having achievements for the game -_-

I even booted the game and connected the mic to sing 3 songs before going back to the xbox one but no dice.

Oh well...

I'm pretty sure theres a site where you can contact HMX to sort out verification woes.

Well the RB3 export ( us PSN ) works now for me.

I did all those 3 things:
-installed trophies
-connected on the RB3 server and purchased a free song
-got some fans and trophies by making an avatar and making a band ( they gave 60 to 120 fans each ) and 2 trophies
let the game save and trophy sync on the PS3

Waited for the following morning. ( it wasn't available as soon as i made the switch from PS3 to PS4 , seems like there is some delay on their side for the check )

IT WORKED

Now i can download those 83 songs ( gonna take a while for me )

CloudWolf

So, I did it and bought the game + guitar bundle for the guitar.

A question for those that have it, is Overdrive supposed to activate so damn slow? I have to tilt my guitar for almost three seconds before the OD kicks in.

bobohoro

Variable breakneck speed is the first thing that RB4 included to win me over. Game changer.

And I think I'm going blind, but where is Alive by Pearl Jam? And I don't mean the worse sounding, less fun Live version. It's not in my library with the other Ten songs and I can't find it on the store either. I have every other PJ song though.

Variable breakneck speed is the first thing that RB4 included to win me over. Game changer.

And I think I'm going blind, but where is Alive by Pearl Jam? And I don't mean the worse sounding, less fun Live version. It's not in my library with the other Ten songs and I can't find it on the store either. I have every other PJ song though.

Alive is part of the Rock Band 2 export. You're gonna have to wait til 2016 to play the studio version, I'm afraid.

bobohoro

Alive is part of the Rock Band 2 export. You're gonna have to wait til 2016 to play the studio version, I'm afraid.

Thanks, completely forgot about that.
Perfect timing to add setlists as well, so I can play the album in one go again.

And how the heck are you supposed to play Heir Apparent with a single foot pedal? Fun song, but it makes my leg fall off.

So, I did it and bought the game + guitar bundle for the guitar.

A question for those that have it, is Overdrive supposed to activate so damn slow? I have to tilt my guitar for almost three seconds before the OD kicks in.

I think it's your guitar. I've played with a Strat4 and the gyro inside felt super natural to activate. Try tilting a full 90 degrees. Thats how I do it, especially with the older guitars to get them to activate. There's a small chance you're not tilting far enough. Or, it's broken tilt-wise

FyreWulff

Also try tilting harder than you usually do (maybe the accelerometer isn't seeing the movement), and finally, new batteries.

If it still has a super delay at that point, contact Madcatz for warranty replacement.

CloudWolf

Yeah, I think I figured it out. I have to tilt it way further than I'm used to. Oh well, I'll get used to it.

At least it''s better than to continue playing with my doublestrumming GH:WT guitar, damn that was frustrating as fuck.

Kolma

my strat4 activates overdrive SUPER EASILY.

I just barely have to tilt it up to use it.

It's perfect enough where it works when I want it to without activating accidentally.

Now on those freestyle bends... they never want to work on that because I don't naturally hold me guitar 0° so i have to tilt down then back up on those and its super annoying.

repeater

So I picked up a Band in A Box bundle for Xbox One pretty cheap on Ebay. Looking forward to moving on to a new drum set after having played on the RB1 drum set on 360 all these years. What are people's experiences with the autocalibration functionality of the new instruments so far?

udiie

So I picked up a Band in A Box bundle for Xbox One pretty cheap on Ebay. Looking forward to moving on to a new drum set after having played on the RB1 drum set on 360 all these years. What are people's experiences with the autocalibration functionality of the new instruments so far?

i found that auto calibration sucks and i had to manually figure out what my correct delay was
might just be my personal preference as to when i hit the notes though

With guitar, audio calibration was manual for me but visual worked well automatically.

Kemal86

I know it's been said countless times in this thread already, but man...

The loss of custom/saved setlists and better sorting options really sucks. My saved setlists were the primary way I played Rock Band 3. Easily my #1 most wished for feature to return.

Hawk269

Where is my U2 tracks??? They made a big deal of finally getting U2, they went as far to say more U2 shortly after launch and still nothing as of yet.

Oh, how I missed having the RB3 songs. Finished off the tour with my band, and then did a quick play session of Freebird. While there are technically more difficult songs out there, it is still tied for the best finale song to a night.

Foreplay/Long Time is the other one, but I must wait for the RB1 export to get that back.

pacman85

I know it's been said countless times in this thread already, but man...

The loss of custom/saved setlists and better sorting options really sucks. My saved setlists were the primary way I played Rock Band 3. Easily my #1 most wished for feature to return.
Same. Now that nicholasbrutal is no longer working at Harmonix, is anyone from Harmonix even reading this thread?

SFenton

Oh, how I missed having the RB3 songs. Finished off the tour with my band, and then did a quick play session of Freebird. While there are technically more difficult songs out there, it is still tied for the best finale song to a night.

Foreplay/Long Time is the other one, but I must wait for the RB1 export to get that back.

That's not Green Grass and High Tides.

but also that yeah can we get RB1/2 ASAP

Apoc29

All of my export tracks downloaded correctly on Xbox One, however 4 of them did not get automatically installed. If you're missing tracks, go to your downloads page for the game and install them manually.

If you have way too much DLC to sift through, you can go to the Exports section of the RB4 in-game store and try to re-install the export you already purchased to be directed straight to the bundle downloads.

BrokenBox

I thought the same thing about the chart. Running it through my head, I figured bass would be the only interesting part guitar-wise. Confirmed.

DrStiles

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4S1dxZElI_g

Off the Charts 02

Elle King - Ex's and Oh's
Fall Out Boy - Irresistible
Shawn Mendes - Stitches
Walk The Moon - Different Colors
The Weeknd - Can't Feel My Face

Getting the whole pack for sure.

Wicked excited that we're getting more Walk The Moon, hoping that they'll start to branch out to some of their older stuff next. Not to mention most of these will be pretty popular at rock band parties.

XShagrath

I'm really glad I bailed after buying all the DLC for RB1/2/3 and then not jumping back on the wagon again when 4 came out. I bought some stuff I didn't enjoy way back then just because I'm a completionist, and needed to have everything. Also, I ran a "Rock Band Club" on my campus and it was nice to have everything available for the students and other staff that came in to play.

The majority of the DLC they've released since RB4 came out has been entirely opposite of my tastes (and my tastes are pretty diverse). I just have no interest in modern radio-friendly pop music. I'm glad that Rocksmith continues bring it almost every week (usually 3/4 weeks of the month) with songs that are really enjoyable to play and (mostly) listen to.

Listening to the tracks as I recognise precisely zero of them from name. Ex's and Oh's surprised me, I really quite like it. Definite purchase, and makes me want some First Aid Kit, for some reason. I've now heard two songs from the latest Fall Out Boy album and they're both write offs. This is distinctly less awful than Centuries and I'd much rather have had it in the on-disc soundtrack, but I can't see myself buying it, and I own all the other tracks they have in the game. Stitches is just boring. The Walk the Moon song is better than Shut Up and Dance, but not particularly to my tastes, and I can't see it being especially fun on Guitar. Bass could be fun though. Same for Can't Feel My Face. I'll pass on both though.

One out if five isn't too bad, I guess. At the very least we can say that the DLC has been fairly diverse, although with a bit more of a focus on modern hits recently. Gotta get those tracks out while they're still relevant and a selling point for Christmas, along with the big occasional classic rock pack. U2 6-pack next week, I'm guessing.

Drums on can't feel my face look alright, might pick it up

Different Colors is maybe the most aggravating song I've heard in YEARS.

Rock band 4 0/10 biggest disappointment of 2015

Top Bottom