• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rock Band 4 |OT| We're Putting The Rock Band Back Together

zulux21

Fucking abhorrent Fall Out Boy pick.

there are so many other songs I would prefer by them... alas... the song will likely be Irresistible for me :p

as for the others, some of them I don't hate, but none of them are stuff that I find to be worth $2, perhaps a sale down the line.

Never thought I'd see a track by The Weeknd in Rock Band before some of the acts that I've been waiting for literally from day 1.

Getting more tracks from Walk The Moon and Fall Out Boy is depressing and kinda signals that some of the dlc I've had my fingers crossed for never coming. My dream dlc has always been The Strokes - Is This It full album.

Can't Feel My Face is a fun song and will undoubtedly be a hit for my Rock Band parties, but HMX's aparent aversion to modern indie/alternative rock is really disappointing.

CloudWolf

Can't Feel My Face is a fun song and will undoubtedly be a hit for my Rock Band parties, but HMX's aparent aversion to modern indie/alternative rock is really disappointing.
How can you say Harmonix has an aversion to modern indie/alternative when they released Beck, Cold War Kids and BØRNS two weeks ago?

How can you say Harmonix has an aversion to modern indie/alternative when they released Beck, Cold War Kids and BØRNS two weeks ago?

I mean as far as the entire history of Rock Band dlc.

Like the fact that there was never any Beck dlc before Dreams.

I love a wide range of stuff so I've bought tons of dlc, but I've always felt they've done a poor job of getting dlc for music that was made within a couple years whatever games release.

They've done a lot more current stuff for Rock Band 4 dlc but its mainly been pop and radio friendly stuff.

zulux21

I mean as far as the entire history of Rock Band dlc.

Like the fact that there was never any Beck dlc before Dreams.

I love a wide range of stuff so I've bought tons of dlc, but I've always felt they've done a poor job of getting dlc for music that was made within a couple years whatever games release.

They've done a lot more current stuff for Rock Band 4 dlc but its mainly been pop and radio friendly stuff.

to be fair, one of those sells much better than the other :p

I'm hoping next week against all odds we get christmas pack 02 including blink 182's I won't be home for christmas.

CloudWolf

We're not going to get a "most profitable" list, I highly doubt they are allowed to say anything on the licensing costs of songs.

Also, I'm pretty sure the best selling DLC is All the Small Things.

zulux21

We're not going to get a "most profitable" list, I highly doubt they are allowed to say anything on the licensing costs of songs.

Also, I'm pretty sure the best selling DLC is All the Small Things.

oh I know we won't get one, doesn't change the fact I would love to see one lol.

CloudWolf

Everyone wish for Beatles Rock Band 2: Electric Kookookachoo

I fully support that. I need that Everybody's Got Something to Hide Except for Me and My Monkey.

Or The Beatles Rock Band: The (Pete) Best Edition.

Introducing our first full album DLC for Rock Band 4...

Cash-in4.jpg

FyreWulff

I don't know why TBRB went with Within You Without You/Tomorrow Never Knows instead of just the original Tomorrow Never Knows.

The original Within You Without You is DLC. I think they went with the remix (made for Cirque du Soleil) because it fit a music game better.

Tomorrow Never Knows was probably because they had to choose between Revolver and Rubber Soul and Rubber Soul won out.

Just got a Roland TD-1KV in today, and figured out the nest of cables and devices needed to plug it into my PS4. It's great! Feels way more stable than the old Rock Band 2 kit, and might even be quieter in some ways. I still need to figure out the right setup (snare/hi-hat crossing is still troublesome), and I'm getting the occasional ghosting/crosstalk/whatever (basically, sometimes I'll hit the blue cymbal and the yellow will also trigger, or vice-versa). There are enough different ways to tweak all this stuff that I'm not totally sure what to do, but whatever.

On the flipside, I could in theory record footage of the game as well as record my laptop screen (which displays all my hits using eProDrums) and figure out where I'm missing notes on songs I'm close to FCing. So that's neat.

EDIT: also thanks to all the Beatles talk, I wondered if the MIDI pro adapter even worked on The Beatles: Rock Band. It turns out it does! (for drums, anyways) Gonna have to try that at some point.

Really thinking about getting some Roland drums. Can someone help me make sense of the current situation?

Xbox 360 - supports edrums with Mad Catz Midi pro adapter? (My best choice because of customs.)

XBONE - Screwed. Thanks Microsoft! As always, your consumer friendliness is legendary!

PS3 - Edrums work with Midi Pro Adapter.

PS4 = Edrums work with Midi Pro Adapter from PS3?

Is that about right?

CS_Dan

Really thinking about getting some Roland drums. Can someone help me make sense of the current situation?

Xbox 360 - supports edrums with Mad Catz Midi pro adapter? (My best choice because of customs.)

XBONE - Screwed. Thanks Microsoft! As always, your consumer friendliness is legendary!

Is that about right?

You've got it. I've got MIDI drums up and running on PS4, no new hardware required. The user accounts stuff seems a little fiddly but is fine otherwise.

Is that about right?

Yes. The only other thing to keep in mind is if you buy the TD-1 (or the entry-level models from Alesis or Yamaha), you'll only get USB MIDI outs, which means you'll need more equipment:

drumset --USB--> computer --USB--> USB-MIDI adapter --MIDI--> MIDI pro adapter

Higher-level Roland sets (TD-4 and up) and older entry-level sets (HD-1, HD-3) have a standard MIDI output, and can be plugged into the MIDI pro adapted directly.

D

Deleted member 57681

Unconfirmed Member
Some adapter-combinations seem to cause trouble, too. Just curious: do the IONs have a regular MIDI-out or is it USB?

D

Deleted member 57681

Unconfirmed Member
I'm leaning towards the Roland TD-1KV. Would that need the extra midi adapter?

Never mind. Reading comprehension fail.
Lowest-level Roland brain with built in MIDI-out is the TD-15. Yamaha seem to have dropped their entry-levels with MIDI-out though? (I dunno, I have the DTX500 brain that has one, the new DTX502 doesn't seem to)

Lady Gaia

Lowest-level Roland brain with built in MIDI-out is the TD-15.

The TD-11 series has standard MIDI out, and I think the TD-15 kits have been discontinued. If they ever decided to make dedicated PS4/Xbox One MIDI Pro Adapters I suspect they'd have to add USB input, but I don't see it happening.

repeater

Checked the OP but didn't find an answer. I just got my copy of the game (Xbox One) -- what's the easiest way to redownload my old DLC? Going through the RB4 ingame store song by song? Is there a quicker option?

D

Deleted member 57681

Unconfirmed Member
The TD-11 series has standard MIDI out, and I think the TD-15 kits have been discontinued.
Right, got confused there, they look so similar. The 15 still shows up on Roland's German site, the international one has it discontinued indeed.
Hamronix is doing an AMA on Reddit

Setlists and Practice Mode are coming, online play is discussed, and exports are coming in January in order of Rock Band, Rock Band 2, and Lego Rock Band!

Not thrilled at the priority list, but I know I'm like super in the minority on this
Quoted for top of the page. January for all of them is awesome, was expecting a much broader rollout.

Here's the blog post

Now, about that export, SCEE...

Thank god they seem to realize that exports are everybody's main concern.

Also very excited to hear practice mode drops in January. I'll gladly give up a week or two of DLC to get the GOAT setlist back.

Calcium

Banned
Anyone else having trouble with calibration after the patch? I get wildly different numbers every time I try to calibrate with my drums. It's pretty frustrating.

Xis

I want LEGO Rock Band the most; not because it's the best, just because I've played all of the songs in the other two about 100x as much.

Edit: No info on the track packs is also a little disappointing too, but I'm not too bummed since there's plenty else to play.

FyreWulff

"It's hard to make the music licensing gods align in the exact way that they do at any given time, so it's unlikely we'll be able to offer an RB1 throwback pack, for example, with all the songs from RB1. That said, it's entirely possible that individual songs from the soundtrack will make a return as standalone DLC."

And in the blog post they mention that there may be a week or two in January that doesn't have new songs as DLC.

So potentially some RB1 songs as DLC in January for those who missed it?

also

We've been working directly with ION and Microsoft on compatibility here. No wired controllers from Xbox 360 work on the Xbox One, so we're trying to figure out how to move past this. Trust us when we say that many of us at the studio play on Xbox One and have a set of IONs collecting dust. We really want to bring them back, too!
We don't have an ETA or anything on this, but it's far from abandoned, we're still working on this.

I asked them to fix the surround sound. I know most are probably tired of hearing me bitch about it, but it the biggest deal breaker for RB4 for me.

this game used to sound awesome when you'd crank it on a 5.1 system. Now it just sounds so flat.

"It's hard to make the music licensing gods align in the exact way that they do at any given time, so it's unlikely we'll be able to offer an RB1 throwback pack, for example, with all the songs from RB1. That said, it's entirely possible that individual songs from the soundtrack will make a return as standalone DLC."

And in the blog post they mention that there may be a week or two in January that doesn't have new songs as DLC.

So potentially some RB1 songs as DLC in January for those who missed it?
Awww shit here we go, give me that Journey and Metallica.

Top Bottom