• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rock Band 4 |OT| We're Putting The Rock Band Back Together

evanmisha

LRB: The manual has a code which when used in the console store downloads a key. That key is used in LRB which is used to purchase the export. The code on the back of the manual to get the key no longer works, however last time I checked if you're on a console with the key downloaded you can still purchase the export for another account. Last time I checked this was a few months ago on a UK PS3, so your milage may vary.

UHHH someone with an NA PSN Lego Rock Band export key wanna make a couple bucks? PM me.

They didn't even address my comment on the sound in RB4, despite it being on the most upvoted comments (and half a dozen people chiming in to concur in various ways).

Makes me worry that this problem is either too complex for them to fix, or they just don't care.

Either way, a huge bummer if they don't fix it. Really takes away from my enjoyment of the game.

Well that's all of RB3 played on expert Guitar in RB4 now!

Songs Gold Starred: 83/83
Songs 100% FC'd: 75/83

Have to admit, even though the setlist is overall better than RB4's, the quality of the charts are a huge step down IMO. And don't even get me started on the tiering. Songs like "Me Enamora" are not a tier 1 on guitar. And devil tier for "The Look" on bass? Pfffft! There's a load of really inconsistent difficulty ratings across the board. Kind of makes me appreciate RB4's charts and tiering a hell of a lot more despite the overall weaker song selection.

Rated-G

Really bummed about keys... I was hoping beyond hope it was still a possibility. My dream since Rock Band 3 of playing Right Now by Van Halen is dashed... Not as fun to play it on an actual keyboard by myself without friends able to play along.

That smiley face in regards to Rock Band Blitz style gameplay makes me excited though. Imagine if our downloaded tracks were compatible with the new Amplitude or something...

My favourite part about the AMA was their response to having two different stand-ins for male/female vocalists basically being "deal with it".

I don't care if it was intentional, it looks bloody stupid.

Well, I guess that dashes my hopes of being able to play Enter Sandman or the Metallica DLC again. I wish they'd chill the fuck out about their stuff.

My favourite part about the AMA was their response to having two different stand-ins for male/female vocalists basically being "deal with it".

I don't care if it was intentional, it looks bloody stupid.
I was taken very aback when I first noticed it.

I guess it's more accurate to me personally, considering I'm singing Paramore songs and I appreciate the tackling for more inclusivity. Still took some getting used to, though.

Really bummed about keys... I was hoping beyond hope it was still a possibility. My dream since Rock Band 3 of playing Right Now by Van Halen is dashed... Not as fun to play it on an actual keyboard by myself without friends able to play along.

That smiley face in regards to Rock Band Blitz style gameplay makes me excited though. Imagine if our downloaded tracks were compatible with the new Amplitude or something...
Did they say there it would never come? I couldn't find anything but unanswered questions about the keyboard in the ama.

Oh man, I just saw the question about second screen support, and I'm bummed Harmonix didn't get to that one! I know it's not a substitute for just making the UI better for all input schemes, but being able to pick songs using a touchscreen interface would be so, so much better than struggling to scroll through a bunch of songs using the controller or *shudder* the drums.

Oh man, I just saw the question about second screen support, and I'm bummed Harmonix didn't get to that one! I know it's not a substitute for just making the UI better for all input schemes, but being able to pick songs using a touchscreen interface would be so, so much better than struggling to scroll through a bunch of songs using the controller or *shudder* the drums.

As cool as second screen would be, I feel like that's the type of thing that should be low-priority. And also has to get involved with too many other things to be something you can work on separately but concurrently with some of the other features.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
I NEED my online play! Ugh! It kills me every time I see my friends playing the game and I can't schedule an online jam session with them! C'mon Harmonix!!!

Xis

I like their call on it.

Ditto. Most real bands don't trot out different singers depending on the gender of the vocalist in the source material. (Also, my stand-in singer is female; I'd only see her like 1/5 of the time if they swapped).

Yeah I think their reasoning is solid and people are bitching for pretty much no reason.

I think it was perfect in RB3. I mostly play guitar and in the ingame band I created it was simply neat to have a female or male singer based on the actual artist. When I play the songs, I don't hear a cover but the original song/voice. However, if you wanted to you could also enforce a male or female singer.
During a full RB party it is a non-issue because everyone has their own character with the gender they like and that's also the character who sings the cover.

There was a feature and choice in RB3. None in RB4 and I fail to see who that is some kind of progressive thing.

Ditto. Most real bands don't trot out different singers depending on the gender of the vocalist in the source material. (Also, my stand-in singer is female; I'd only see her like 1/5 of the time if they swapped).

Most real bands don't have original studio vocals.

You'd be taken aback if Hayley Williams started singing like Dave Mustaine.

Export is also meant to be up in EU. (Edit: It is and worked fine when buying it.)

I get their reasoning for not having singers change, but I'd rather have the option in the matter. Lots of bands are mixed gender and have multiple vocalists. My band is mixed, and I'd like the singer and bassist to switch for the appropriate song. I'd also like more choice in clothing as they've managed to completely miss the option to wear glasses, but that's for another time.

At least the export is finally out. Just need the rest of the DLC to go with it. I want the Days of Peace pack and it's not on the store at all.

Xis

RB4 + Xbox One "instant-on" mode seems busted to me. Every time I power off, it signs me out of the game (shows me as 'guest'), and I can't figure out how to sign back in except to close/restart the app.

Most real bands don't have original studio vocals

More options are good, I suppose.

RB4 + Xbox One "instant-on" mode seems busted to me. Every time I power off, it signs me out of the game (shows me as 'guest'), and I can't figure out how to sign back in except to close/restart the app.

Pressing "Start" or whatever that button where the Start button used to be is, brings up the the menu for you to sign in. It's worked for me with the legacy adapter/guitar.

pacman85

there was a lot of posts to go through in that AMA and i was appreciative of you guys picking and choosing interesting ones to post over here. any other good answers/info posted in that AMA or was that it?

there was a lot of posts to go through in that AMA and i was appreciative of you guys picking and choosing interesting ones to post over here. any other good answers/info posted in that AMA or was that it?

I asked this:
Not sure if you can say anything, but is it safe to say that the majority of exports from previous games will be available? Similar to the RB3 export where every song made it into 4?
I know Metallica and Journey were lost in 2.
and they responded:
It's possible. It's entirely dependent on music licensing and RE-licensing the tracks that were on-disc. We can safely say that legacy exports WILL come to Rock Band 4, and should have more details to provide at that time.
Not sure if that means every previous song will make it or not, but I hope we don't lose more tracks.

I get their reasoning for not having singers change, but I'd rather have the option in the matter. Lots of bands are mixed gender and have multiple vocalists. My band is mixed, and I'd like the singer and bassist to switch for the appropriate song. I'd also like more choice in clothing as they've managed to completely miss the option to wear glasses, but that's for another time.

At least the export is finally out. Just need the rest of the DLC to go with it. I want the Days of Peace pack and it's not on the store at all.

Thought that was a weird oversight considering all they would have to do is have another model of the sunglasses without the lenses (or am I oversimplifying it?). Also where is the Vault Boy stuff? Is that not in yet?

Kolma

Thought that was a weird oversight considering all they would have to do is have another model of the sunglasses without the lenses (or am I oversimplifying it?). Also where is the Vault Boy stuff? Is that not in yet?

It's in the Rock Shop, as a full outfit.

Not sure if that means every previous song will make it or not, but I hope we don't lose more tracks.

I think for all of the non-RB3 exports, what we were able to export on our original consoles is what we can expect in our new ones (meaning Journey and Metallica are still out, but nothing more than that). Language-wise, the music we're exporting is still for use for the RB platform on the XBL/PSN, so contractually, nothing should change (and we've paid for it already, so definitely nothing can change).

I'm not a lawyer though, so take that assumption with a grain of salt

BrokenBox

I think for all of the non-RB3 exports, what we were able to export on our original consoles is what we can expect in our new ones (meaning Journey and Metallica are still out, but nothing more than that). Language-wise, the music we're exporting is still for use for the RB platform on the XBL/PSN, so contractually, nothing should change (and we've paid for it already, so definitely nothing can change).

I'm not a lawyer though, so take that assumption with a grain of salt

We should get most/all of the songs we previously exported. There were some RB1 songs which had exported into RB2 but not RB3 when it first came out. These were RHCP and Soundgarden songs. They were patched back in eventually once contract obligations and licensing was met. Just bringing this up since it's possible other songs could be missing.

Got my RB3 songs back yesterday (PAL PSN). It was surprisingly easy, I just bought the export pack from the in-game store and could then pick and choose from the 83 songs. That's a good thing - I could leave out songs I never want to get in random selections.

I'm really starting to run out of patience with myself at this game. I keep Missing notes on Need You Tonight. I keep missing on White Rabbit. I'm awful at 25 or 6 to 4, my most played song in RB3 by a huge margin. Play Jane for the first time on a complete sightread, FC'd everything but the trill Lane outside the solo, including that difficult bit in the first solo and the faster trill in the second.

I can't really blame the guitar, nor the calibration, nor the game. I'm running out of excuses here. It's like I have to retrain myself for every single song I used to play in RB3 with my GH5 guitar.

Now, if you'll excuse me I'm going to GS Gimme Chocolate then proceed to fail at Closer.

Uncle AJ

I have an AMAZING bug now. If I sit on a song selection for even a split second (enough for the audio preview to start playing), the menus lock up for a full minute before finally telling me the "song data you were accessing has become unavailable."

Like, I can pick a song before the audio preview starts loading, then back out to the song list, and be unable to pick that exact same song just because I let the preview load. Rebuilding the cache doesn't help either.

Impressive!

Is the Xbox Marketplace down? I can't get into the store to buy any songs.
Xbox LIVE has been having issues today.

I have an AMAZING bug now. If I sit on a song selection for even a split second (enough for the audio preview to start playing), the menus lock up for a full minute before finally telling me the "song data you were accessing has become unavailable."

Like, I can pick a song before the audio preview starts loading, then back out to the song list, and be unable to pick that exact same song just because I let the preview load. Rebuilding the cache doesn't help either.

Impressive!

Are you on Xbox? It might be having issues validating your purchases. Try and set it to offline mode and try again. If on playstation then....... Idk

So I started playing all my songs on bass from the beginning of the list for song difficulty. So many songs that I own were literally just sustains and I was only getting like 15-25k points. After about nine songs I finally starting playing songs that were a little more active.

udiie

Game has frozen on me twice in the same way since the update
Mind you I've launched it maybe 3-4 times total so we're 50/50 here

sasliquid

Got all the RB3 stuff finally

Still can't download Love Will Tear Us Apart, Nirvana Pack 2 and QOTSA Pack 1 (even tho i can download the latter from the PSN store, it just doesnt seemingly sync in)

Top Bottom