• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rock Band 4 |OT| We're Putting The Rock Band Back Together

FaintDeftone

Oh man, totally grabbing Where The Streets Have No Name, Sunday Bloody Sunday and Pride.

Bloody Sunday is one of the songs really high on my Rock Band wish list. Now just give us New Years Day and we'll be golden.

I was going through my purchase history on PSN to make sure I haven't missed any downloads and man rock band network had a TON of good DLC

I know they have other priorities but I would love to get some of that back, especially once they said the licensing was different (in their favor) and it might get worked out.

I know rbn had an even bigger library on 360 so i'd be curious how that gets worked out.

but RBN had a library I liked more than the main DLC release list

Yeah that's what I'd expect from a U2 pack. Solid Christmas release. Beautiful Day and With or Without You over the two Songs of Innocence tracks would be a nicer though.

No With or Without You is actually really weird because it seems Joshua Tree masters are about.

I've never listened to U2 before and my first experience with them were their rather weaksauce Rock Band 4 songs. My friend tells me that they're kinda edgy and hard rocky so I'll see when I listen to them!

Tiduz

Eurogaime
i have a US copy of RB3, i always played it on my EU account, but got dlc from usa.

Now i cant buy the export key cause i play us rb4 on a eu account as well, but if i use my usa account to play RB3 and unlock a trophy right now can i buy the export key? Or did you have to do that before a certain date?

The OP and Reddit says that all DLC, and rock Band 3 are exportable to RB4. And they say that all the older titles have "unavailable" export keys. Does that mean that if you had already exported them they ARE available, WILL Be available, or NEVER available?

I'm really confused on this point, and four days from giving it as a gift, I would greatly appreciate confirmation.

The OP and Reddit says that all DLC, and rock Band 3 are exportable to RB4. And they say that all the older titles have "unavailable" export keys. Does that mean that if you had already exported them they ARE available, WILL Be available, or NEVER available?

I'm really confused on this point, and four days from giving it as a gift, I would greatly appreciate confirmation.

Will be, mostly. Rock Band 1, 2, and Lego's exports are expected to go up in January.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2NH7Jowr7gA

U2 Essentials
• “California (There Is No End To Love)” - 2014
• “Desire” - 1988
• “One” - 1992
• “Pride (In The Name Of Love)” - 1984
• “Sunday Bloody Sunday” - 1983
• “The Miracle (Of Joey Ramone)” - 2014
• “Vertigo” - 2004
• “Where The Streets Have No Name” - 1987
Still holding out hope for Bad at some point. Shit, give me the entire albums of Unforgettable Fire and Joshua Tree.

Gleethor

Will be next month if you already exported them. Except 3 which is available now for anyone who's played 3.

Xis

Most DLC: NOW (If you bought it already, you can download it now.)
Rock Band 3: NOW (You can export the tracks now for a $15 fee.)
Green Day Rock Band: XONE NOW, PS4 SOME DAY (If you exported this game already, you can download the tracks now.)
Rock Band 1: JANUARY (If you exported this game already, you will be able to download the tracks some time in January.)
Rock Band 2: JANUARY (If you exported this game already, you will be able to download the tracks some time in January.)
LEGO Rock Band: JANUARY (If you exported this game already, you will be able to download the tracks some time in January.)
Track Packs: SOME DAY (If you exported any of these, then some day they will be downloadable.)
Caveat #1: You must stay in the same console family. (X360->XONE, or PS3->PS4). If you went from X360->PS4 (or PS3->XONE), you don't get anything.
Caveat #2: Some of the codes have expired. If you didn't export Rock Band 2, LEGO Rock Band, or Green Day already, you are too late.
Caveat #3: This is info for the US; Euro info (especially for the PS4) may be different.

Definitely buying the full U2 pack will be my first new dlc purchase they've released anyway.

Would love an Achtung Baby full album pack though

Kolma

Most DLC: NOW (If you bought it already, you can download it now.)
Rock Band 3: NOW (You can export the tracks now for a $15 fee.)
Green Day Rock Band: NOW (If you exported this game already, you can download the tracks now.)
Rock Band 1: JANUARY (If you exported this game already, you will be able to download the tracks some time in January.)
Rock Band 2: JANUARY (If you exported this game already, you will be able to download the tracks some time in January.)
LEGO Rock Band: JANUARY (If you exported this game already, you will be able to download the tracks some time in January.)
Track Packs: SOME DAY (If you exported any of these, then some day they will be downloadable.)
Caveat #1: You must stay in the same console family. (X360->XONE, or PS3->PS4). If you went from X360->PS4 (or PS3->XONE), you don't get anything.
Caveat #2: Some of the codes have expired. If you didn't export Rock Band 2, LEGO Rock Band, or Green Day already, you are too late.

Green Day Rock Band is only available on Xbox One atm.
Harmonix said 2016 for PS4
(all tracks are downloadable in single and pack form)

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Not a fan of U2 so this week's DLC does nothing for me. However, I know people have been requesting more stuff from them so good news for those fans.

I'm not really a big U2 fan, but I'll end up getting a couple of tracks.

Also got my cymbals today, I'll see how those things are tomorrow.

"U2 Essentials" and no "With or Without You"? Huh.

I'll probably be picking up a few of the older songs anyway.

U2 Essentials 1, remember. They'll keep stringing out the hits to convince people to buy the following bundles.

Will pick up Vertigo & Sunday Bloody Sunday, though.

The real questions is wether tha pack bundle will be cheaper than buy all the tracks minus the 2014 songs individually

This must-have pack includes tracks that span U2’s incredible musical career, from “Sunday Bloody Sunday” off of the band’s third-studio record, 1983’s War, to “The Miracle (Of Joey Ramone)” from 2014’s Songs of Innocence. Players can pick up the full collection of tracks for $13.49 or pick up their favorites for $1.99 apiece.

You basically get a song for free if you buy the pack.

Hawk269

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2NH7Jowr7gA

U2 Essentials
• “California (There Is No End To Love)” - 2014
• “Desire” - 1988
• “One” - 1992
• “Pride (In The Name Of Love)” - 1984
• “Sunday Bloody Sunday” - 1983
• “The Miracle (Of Joey Ramone)” - 2014
• “Vertigo” - 2004
• “Where The Streets Have No Name” - 1987

Hell yes. Buying them all. Like someone posted, wish there was Achtung Baby, in particular Until the End of the World and kind of was wishing for Electric Co. or Out of Control. But this batch is pretty damn solid.

CloudWolf

Apparently my music taste has changed. I'm relistening the old U2 albums at work and... I actually like most of their pre-90's output now? Heh, turns out I might get more DLC this week after all.

Im thinking about getting this on PS4 but last gen I rocked on my 360 (so all my dlc and games are for 360)

Could I just rent RB3 for my ps3 for like a day or two to get at least access to that 15$ export key without actually playing it? (I dont have instruments for ps3)

Dammn, Im tempted to buy a xone just for the DLC hahaha

Thanks guys!

That Where the Streets Have No Name guitar chart looks painful

Im thinking about getting this on PS4 but last gen I rocked on my 360 (so all my dlc and games are for 360)

Could I just rent RB3 for my ps3 for like a day or two to get at least access to that 15$ export key without actually playing it? (I dont have instruments for ps3)

Dammn, Im tempted to buy a xone just for the DLC hahaha

Thanks guys!

All you should need to do is turn RB3 on and it should work

PaulLFC

I'm interested in buying this eventually but all my previous RB games (and therefore guitars) were 360, and I have a PS4. My own fault obviously, but it doesn't make getting into RB4 cheap.

Has anyone seen any good UK deals on the PS4 guitar bundle? The best I've seen is £85 at Argos on 'sale', and that still seems expensive when I picked up GH Live and guitar for less than £50. I know the GH Live guitar has quality issues, but still. That's a pretty big jump in price.

Hoping for a good price in the January sales.

I'm interested in buying this eventually but all my previous RB games (and therefore guitars) were 360, and I have a PS4. My own fault obviously, but it doesn't make getting into RB4 cheap.

Has anyone seen any good UK deals on the PS4 guitar bundle? The best I've seen is £85 at Argos on 'sale', and that still seems expensive when I picked up GH Live and guitar for less than £50. I know the GH Live guitar has quality issues, but still. That's a pretty big jump in price.

Hoping for a good price in the January sales.

Finding a used full band set from last gen is probably your best bet. Personally I use the Band Hero set which I found for like 30 euro

On the plus side too EU PSN still has a bunch of stuff on sale so you can get some nice dlc pretty cheap to help build up a collection

CloudWolf

That Where the Streets Have No Name guitar chart looks painful
It doesn't look that bad honestly. At least the anchored note is the higher note which means that you can just keep presssing green-blue the entire time and only add in the red and yellow when needed. It's not as bad as, say, Kiss Them for Me *shudders*.

polychron

Is there any way to check whether your Rock Band 2 is exported? I never got 3, and I seem to have a key from EA support where I tried to export it years ago, but I've vague memories that something didn't go right, and when I try and redeem the key it shows up as a rock band 2 export then the clicking next says it's already been used...

FyreWulff

Is there any way to check whether your Rock Band 2 is exported? I never got 3, and I seem to have a key from EA support where I tried to export it years ago, but I've vague memories that something didn't go right, and when I try and redeem the key it shows up as a rock band 2 export then the clicking next says it's already been used...

If you didn't export it via 3 already (paid the 10$ and everything) then you didn't get the export and won't be able to anymore. Sorry.

FyreWulff

Bugger, that's a shame. Ah well, it is what it is.

At least parts of it are available a-la-carte in the store:

Harmonix Free Pack (includes all the RB2 HMX songs)
Livin' on a Prayer
Give It Away (or via Blitz export)
Spoonman (or via Blitz export)

And they also said they may be able to sell certain songs from expired exports in the store in the next year

edit: looks like RB1 tracks have been spotted on the One store. Export ready soon?

rDhvAO9l.jpg

4faBK0Al.jpg

So, bought....

"Sunday Bloody Sunday"
"Pride (In The Name Of Love)"
"Desire"
"One"
"Vertigo"

From this weeks DLC. Have to admit "Pride" is by far the worst song out of the bunch. Feels like they really overcharted it, charting duplicated alt-strummed chords to echo effects, shame really as it's my favourite U2 song. "One" is easily the best though, a good example of a chill song with relaxed charting that can actually be really fun!

Top Bottom