• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rock Band 4 |OT| We're Putting The Rock Band Back Together

Do they not sell guitars seperatly? Picked up the Xbox one band in a box version. And was looking to grab another guitar. Is my only option the legacy adapter and buying a older guitar?

oggob

Is anyone in Australia not getting the RB3 export to work (PS Vers)?

My first trophy in RB3 was obtained about 2-3 months after the actual release date of the game and I only really played the game casually, but seems like I'm not allowed to export... Wondering if there are dramas with location first before looking to raise a support ticket.

BPK

Could a generous Gaffer sign into my psn profile and play Rock Band 3 on ps3 for a while and earn a trophy or two? I am dying to play these songs but nobody sells the game around here and the prices on Amazon are ridiculous. I would be very grateful. Please pm.

ViciousDS

Banned
So.....2 months and I'm still not seeing a roll fix firmware for the drum set.....still. Either that means my drumsets defective or madcatz can't figure this crap out. Because it definitely drops notes due to speed and not the actual sensors.

So.....2 months and I'm still not seeing a roll fix firmware for the drum set.....still. Either that means my drumsets defective or madcatz can't figure this crap out. Because it definitely drops notes due to speed and not the actual sensors.

IBitePrettyHard said on a Twitch stream the other night that firmware can't fix the issues with rolls. He said the hardware itself is faulty and if they wanted to "fix" it, they'd have to completely re-do the drums.

IBitePrettyHard said on a Twitch stream the other night that firmware can't fix the issues with rolls. He said the hardware itself is faulty and if they wanted to "fix" it, they'd have to completely re-do the drums.

Doesn't that open up a whole can of worms about the hardware not being fit for purpose?

MrNelson

Banned

Now this upsets me. I know MadCatz has been much better with manufacturing peripherals than they were back in the 90's, but the fact they shipped out drums that can't even do a proper fucking drum roll is awful.

ViciousDS

Banned

That's complete bullshit.....wow, that's unreal that people have to buy a third party peripheral just to play the game properly.

Edit: or does that mean RMA a set of drums would work?
Haven't touched rock band since launch because of it..hoping my warranty is still good and I can RMA my set of they can fix the hardware.

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
When did official drums ever work perfectly? I'm certainly not defending them because it sucks, but I've been playing regularly since Rock Band 1 and I've never had an official kit that reliably picked up fast rolls. Only the ION has ever been acceptable in that regard.

MrNelson

Banned
That's complete bullshit.....wow, that's unreal that people have to buy a third party peripheral just to play the game properly.

Edit: or does that mean RMA a set of drums would work?
Haven't touched rock band since launch because of it..hoping my warranty is still good and I can RMA my set of they can fix the hardware.

Considering MadCatz's current financial situation, I doubt they would be in a position to replace everybody's drums. It's obvious they wanted to get this out as soon as they could to start getting more revenue to pay off the debts they incurred publishing this and manufacturing the instruments.

All these drum issues are worrying. Does this apply for the ps4 and Xbox one versions? Plus reading I have to connect them to a PC to update them. WTF

My daughter really wants this for Christmas and I picked up the XB1 band in a box version. But I almost don't even want to support this shit.

Psymatiq

Neo Member
The XB1 RB4 guitar is glitchy for me, it disconnects and even tho its turned on one button seem to get stuck and the rest doesnt react. Only option is to take out the battery and start it up again...This game and instruments was at an alpha stage back in October and nothing much have happened since then sadly :/.

The XB1 RB4 guitar is glitchy for me, it disconnects and even tho its turned on one button seem to get stuck and the rest doesnt react. Only option is to take out the battery and start it up again...This game and instruments was at an alpha stage back in October and nothing much have happened since then sadly :/.

Might be a problem with your particular guitar.

To be specific, IBitePrettyHard said that based on all his time testing and communicating with Harmonix, he believes the RB4 stock kit will never be able to do 32nd rolls properly and that firmware won't fix it.

XShagrath

To be specific, IBitePrettyHard said that based on all his time testing and communicating with Harmonix, he believes the RB4 stock kit will never be able to do 32nd rolls properly and that firmware won't fix it.

Then they should patch it so that those rolls show up as fill lanes instead.

MrNelson

Banned
All these drum issues are worrying. Does this apply for the ps4 and Xbox one versions? Plus reading I have to connect them to a PC to update them. WTF

My daughter really wants this for Christmas and I picked up the XB1 band in a box version. But I almost don't even want to support this shit.

1. The game is only out on PS4 and Xbox One, so yes.

2. Xbox drums you can connect to your PC with a micro USB cable, so it's a bit easier than the PS4 drums, which require a bluetooth connection. Updating them isn't that difficult, just go to the site and pick the correct one for your instrument/system. The update just takes a few seconds. The guitar has an update as well.

Unless your daughter is playing at a really high level, she won't really notice it. I had played expert drums for years up until my RB1 set broke a few years ago, and once I knocked off the rust I didn't notice too many areas where it was causing me to fail out. It's aggravating when trying to 100% a song, but I don't think it will affect the casual player.

Sorry if this has been answered. I've been combing through the last few pages and couldn't find an exact answer for my question.

I have RB4 for PS4. I want to get track packs for the previous games, even if I have to pay for it. I owned them all on 360 but don't even count on that getting me anything for free here.

Can I just go to the store and pay $$ for the exports? The OP made it sound like you could, but when I go to the PSN store only RB1 is there and it says "not available". The in game store is not working for me. A few people posted the same thing within the past few days. Is this a known issue currently?

ViciousDS

Banned
When did official drums ever work perfectly? I'm certainly not defending them because it sucks, but I've been playing regularly since Rock Band 1 and I've never had an official kit that reliably picked up fast rolls. Only the ION has ever been acceptable in that regard.

My rock band 2 kit that I have abused for years has no problems 100% the rolls on kings and queens or monkey wrench.

The new set can't even fucking do that.

Sorry if this has been answered. I've been combing through the last few pages and couldn't find an exact answer for my question.

I have RB4 for PS4. I want to get track packs for the previous games, even if I have to pay for it. I owned them all on 360 but don't even count on that getting me anything for free here.

Can I just go to the store and pay $$ for the exports? The OP made it sound like you could, but when I go to the PSN store only RB1 is there and it says "not available". The in game store is not working for me. A few people posted the same thing within the past few days. Is this a known issue currently?

At launch, you could still buy the RB1 export directly, and you might have been able to finagle a RB2 export if you got lucky with EA support, but by about the end of October, both of those avenues closed. So right now, the only exports you can get for PS4 is the Rock Band 3 export and some of the track packs. You can also pick up Rock Band Blitz for PS3 and download that game's soundtrack on PS4.

Also, in a recent AMA they said that there's the possibility of them relicensing specific songs from the RB1 and RB2 soundtracks and releasing them as DLC, though you would have to pay for those as they come out.

SlickVic

FyreWulff

Called it. 200$ US is what MadCatz charged for that run of drums they did between RB3 and RB4. It's always been cheaper to get the drums via the band bundle than by themselves..

Kolma

Called it. 200$ US is what MadCatz charged for that run of drums they did between RB3 and RB4. It's always been cheaper to get the drums via the band bundle than by themselves..

No kidding...

Drumset +pro cymbals $200
Guitar $100
Mic $30
Game $60

Total $390 USD

BIAB $250 (on sale for 200 at times..)
RB4 cymbals $50

Total $250-300 USD

This madness madcatz...
for a drumset that can't even hit pre-programmed rolls, whattadeal!

My rock band 2 kit that I have abused for years has no problems 100% the rolls on kings and queens or monkey wrench.

The new set can't even fucking do that.

Yep. Same. I have beat the shit out of my Rock Band 2 drums since September 2008 and they have no problems with these types of notes.

The RB2 drums were amazing.

I jumped in and ordered 2 guitars, a mic and when they arrive digital download of the game, from the past the drums have always been janky and noisy so I made my own bundle sorta lol.

My wife and kids wanted to get back in this with me =)

Just to clarify with you guys all the songs listed here: http://www.gameinformer.com/b/features/archive/2015/11/11/all-the-rock-band-4-dlc-in-one-list.aspx

Can be bought individually right?

Yes. A few, listed here, are going to be delisted by the end of the month, though.

There are three non-export songs that are not available individually, but they're not available on Xbone or PS4 at this time. If you're curious, they're Bark at the Moon and Mama I'm Coming Home by Ozzy Osbourne, both exclusive to the Ozzy 8-pack, and the full 2112 suite by Rush, exclusive to the Rush 2112 pack.

Yes. A few, listed here, are going to be delisted by the end of the month, though.

There are three non-export songs that are not available individually, but they're not available on Xbone or PS4 at this time. If you're curious, they're Bark at the Moon and Mama I'm Coming Home by Ozzy Osbourne, both exclusive to the Ozzy 8-pack, and the full 2112 suite by Rush, exclusive to the Rush 2112 pack.

Awesome thank you so much for the quick reply! There's a ton of great songs available there, I can't wait to get back into playing, I had tons of fun with the early rock band and guitar hero games.

I usually have my phone very close by and haven't had this issue. Might be a battery issue? I always use Eneloops which seem to last a really long time with the RB4 guitar. Otherwise hopefully there's some sort of warranty with Mad Catz where they can send you out a new one.

My guitar disconnected once the first night I played Rock Band 4, just before release. I'd had issues with disconnecting controllers, but had rectified that by moving an oxygen machine from above my gaming room to another part of the house.

I'd still get the odd disconnect, but hardly any. So the guitar one worried me.

It only happened the once, though, as the other time I spent hours playing Rock Band 4 it didn't happen.

Hopefully your issue will be resolved easily.

sasliquid

U2 Essentials
• “California (There Is No End To Love)” - 2014
• “Desire” - 1988
• “One” - 1992
• “Pride (In The Name Of Love)” - 1984
• “Sunday Bloody Sunday” - 1983
• “The Miracle (Of Joey Ramone)” - 2014
• “Vertigo” - 2004
• “Where The Streets Have No Name” - 1987

Looks like they had to force in some of the modern stuff

Good mostly, wish there was more Achtung Baby stuff, the GOAT U2 album

D

Deleted member 57681

Unconfirmed Member
I don't even really like U2 and that's gonna be an expensive week. Everything pre-2000 for me.

Looks like a decent pack, and I'm not really a U2 fan.

But I don't need it, I've hit the point where I'm not going to buy DLC on a whim, at least not until I've played through the rest of my library. Gonna' have to reeeeally want it.

CloudWolf

Not sure about this DLC. On one hand I generally don't care for U2, on the other these are classic tracks everybody knows so could be good for RB parties and stuff.

Top Bottom