• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rock Band 4 |OT| We're Putting The Rock Band Back Together

U2 songs are all pretty fun to play on bass anyway, even One nice relaxing song you can sing along to while playing

First Rock Band party with the RB3 songs tomorrow so should be fun

opoth

Banned
Looks like these aren't making it over, based on what's populated in the XB1 shop. A couple surprises but mostly what I expected:

Black Sabbath - Paranoid
Blue Oyster Cult - Don't Fear the Reaper
Bon Jovi - Wanted Dead or Alive
Iron Maiden - Run for the Hills
Jet - Are You Gonna Be My Girl
Metallica - Enter Sandman
Ramones - Blitzkrieg Bop
Soundgarden - Black Hole Sun
Sweet - Ballroom Blitz

The export also includes 4 of the 13 bonus songs - aren't some of the rest of those part of the free 30 pack?

Looks like these aren't making it over, based on what's populated in the XB1 shop. A couple surprises but mostly what I expected:

Black Sabbath - Paranoid
Ramones - Blitzkrieg Bop
Sweet - Ballroom Blitz

The export also includes 4 of the 13 bonus songs - aren't some of the rest of those part of the free 30 pack?
Wanted Dead or Alive is already on the store, so we can guess that the export will link with that, like how both regular and RB3 versions of Queen songs link.

Hopefully the rest that transferred in the first place are just temporary absences. The lack of Black Hole Sun is weird given that Dani California seemingly comes across. Wonder how things will work for the additional songs in the EU export. RB2/Lego classed them as RB1 songs, but RB3 just left them as DLC, maybe they'll be sold separately? Plus, I'd happily trade Humanoid from RB3 for Monsoon from RB1.

FyreWulff

Ramones would be really weird, considering they license to EVERYONE and all of their DLC has survived relicensing.

But then again, Fleetwood songs got pulled off the store but had an RB4 disc song..

2010-me would have pooped himself at seeing that U2 finally got a DLC pack. I'm not as huge of a fan as I was then, but I am all over Where the Streets Have No Name and all the 1980s-era songs. I can't listen to Vertigo anymore without thinking about the South Park Bono episode though.

firehawk12

Subete no aware

Black Sabbath - Paranoid
Ramones - Blitzkrieg Bop
Sweet - Ballroom Blitz

Jeez, the Metallica one makes sense I guess but the others?

pacman85

Black Sabbath - Paranoid
Ramones - Blitzkrieg Bop
Sweet - Ballroom Blitz

so which of these are new compared to the original songs that didn't export? i feel like paranoid, enter sandman, run to the hills and black hole sun were the songs that didn't export into rock band 3. that would REALLY suck to also lose don't fear the reaper, are you gonna be my girl, blitzkrieg bop, wanted dead or alive and ballroom blitz on top of the songs that already don't export. like someone else said, hopefully those will be added before the export goes live.

D

Deleted member 57681

Unconfirmed Member
Black Hole Sun would really suck, that's one of my favourites on drums. I can deal with the covers, Metallica was a given, Reaper would hurt as well.
And Bon Jovi doesn't hurt either, since I bought the RB3 version, I just wished it was available on EU PSN already. That was always one of the party songs :(

Let's not forget that this export isn't supposed to be available till next month, so let's not get upset until we get full details on the exports.

CloudWolf

so which of these are new compared to the original songs that didn't export? i feel like paranoid, enter sandman, run to the hills and black hole sun were the songs that didn't export into rock band 3. that would REALLY suck to also lose don't fear the reaper, are you gonna be my girl, blitzkrieg bop, wanted dead or alive and ballroom blitz on top of the songs that already don't export. like someone else said, hopefully those will be added before the export goes live.

Paranoid, Enter Sandman and Run to the Hills never exported, so nothing new there. Black Hole Sun did export, but didn't work anymore in RB3 (together with Dani California), when the rights were cleared up and Give It Away and Spoonman got to us via Blitz, they re-enabled those songs in Rock Band 3. Would be really weird for Black Hole Sun to disappear again, especially since another song that didn't work in RB3 (Rock 'n Roll Star by Oasis) works fine in Rock Band 4 and the Soundgarden songs weren't delisted or anything.

The rest is new and it would suck if we lost those, especially (Dont Fear) the Reaper, which was one of my favorites.

Kung Fu Fighting will also do me in.

Some of those chord patterns my brain just don't wanna do

Where the Streets Have No Name is waaaaaay easier than Kung Fu Fighting though. Every red (and occassional yellow) note in Where the Streets Have No Name is on the beat and you don't have to worry about the alternating green note since you can just hold green+blue the entire time and hit everything. I suck at those Kung Fu Fighting style riffs and nailed Where the Streets Have No Name after a single try.

Anyway, just played the U2 tracks (minus the Songs of Innocence songs, because fuck that album, I'm still angry about the iPhone thing) and they are generally pretty fun, but easy. Pride was the most difficult one for me at first, but after I figured out my awkward, weird preference of playing it, I goldstarred it with ease. I basically downstrum the entire thing and make use of the hammer-on chords. As soon as I start to alt-strum, I fuck up.

teddymeow

Any word on when EU players can expect the missing 431 songs to go up?

I keep checking the store to see if anything has changed but, sadly, nothing.

Any word on when EU players can expect the missing 431 songs to go up?

I keep checking the store to see if anything has changed but, sadly, nothing.
I think we're better off pestering them on the blog during the next store update. There's someone new on the blog team now who clearly didn't get the memo and actually replies to queries that people have.

"Paranoid" and "Run to the Hills" are covers so whatever. I bought the real Run to the Hills as DLC.
That reminds me, I really wish they'd change the names of the covers, particularly now that it doesn't say "As Made Famous by" at the start of each song anymore. e.g. Make "Limelight" as "Limelight (Cover)" and "Limelight (Original Version)" as "Limelight"

FyreWulff

someone asked about RB4 features in RB1 songs

https://www.reddit.com/r/Rockband/comments/3xu3pi/rock_band_one_songs_in_the_xbox_one_store/cy81cxr

Yup! Afaik, we are planning to have as much legacy content integrated with Rock Band 4 features, including Freestyle Guitar Solos and Dynamic Drum Fills, etc. So, they should have freestyle vocals coming in with these exported songs. Granted, this might not be ALL of them, but it will absolutely be some of them (I don't have the exact breakdown). :)

Fuck please don't tell me they're dropping Don't Fear the Reaper. God damnit...

Hopefully they won't have to ditch it. "Enter Sandman" has been MIA since RB3 so that was a no-brainer. "Don't Fear The Reaper", "Black Hole Sun" "Blitzkreig Bop" and "Are You Gonna Be My Girl" are the only songs I really care about in that list.

I don't think the RB1 tracks are meant to be up on the marketplace yet so it may just be that Harmonix halted uploading them and caught on to their mistake.

Question about Rock Band Blitz. I don't currently have my PS3 with me. Can I buy it on the Playstation website and get the songs for RB4. Or do I have to do some sort of export?

CloudWolf

Hopefully they won't have to ditch it. "Enter Sandman" has been MIA since RB3 so that was a no-brainer. "Don't Fear The Reaper", "Black Hole Sun" "Blitzkreig Bop" and "Are You Gonna Be My Girl" are the only songs I really care about in that list.

I don't think the RB1 tracks are meant to be up on the marketplace yet so it may just be that Harmonix halted uploading them and caught on to their mistake.

Enter Sandman has been MIA for longer than that. It never exported from Rock Band 1.

TheExodu5

Banned
Damnit...I just bought Rock Band 4 because I found out RB3 doesn't support the new DLC and I really want to play the new BTBAM and Opeth.

TriniTrin

war of titties grampa
Question about Rock Band Blitz. I don't currently have my PS3 with me. Can I buy it on the Playstation website and get the songs for RB4. Or do I have to do some sort of export?
Ditto. I am gonna buy it if all i have to do for the export is buy it.

FyreWulff

BAP - Verdamp Lang Her
Caesars - Jerk It Out
KMFDM - Sturm & Drang
Little Fish - Am I Crazy
Picture Me Broken - Dearest (Im So Sorry)
Veer Union - Seasons
Wir Sind Helden - Nur Ein Wort

Jerk It Out has a Pro upgrade that will go down with the song. Am I Crazy is free.

they're supposed to come down at the end of the month, but since it's holidays they can go at any time..

BAP - Verdamp Lang Her
Caesars - Jerk It Out
KMFDM - Sturm & Drang
Little Fish - Am I Crazy
Picture Me Broken - Dearest (Im So Sorry)
Veer Union - Seasons
Wir Sind Helden - Nur Ein Wort

Jerk It Out has a Pro upgrade that will go down with the song. Am I Crazy is free.

they're supposed to come down at the end of the month, but since it's holidays they can go at any time..

Got "Jerk It Out", "Verdamp Lang Her", "Sturm & Drang", and "Am I Crazy" so I'm sorted!

I'm devastated that the other KMFDM songs "Drug Against War" and "Juke Joint Jezebel" are discontinued from sale on the RBN. Hoping I could still transfer them over if RBN content ever becomes available on RB4.

Kolma

RoKKeR

Man, the U2 songs are making me want to pick up this game. Might have to investigate a bit more about my old controllers.

Watching some of the expert guitar charts just fucks with my brain, knowing how to play most of them IRL. There are some weird/random notes they happen to throw in during Streets that don't really make sense and seemingly only serve to make the song harder haha.

Otherwise though it's neat to see them adding U2 songs and I'm liking the varied selection so far.

Edit: shit, didn't mean to have a non-player top of the page post!

Man, the U2 songs are making me want to pick up this game. Might have to investigate a bit more about my old controllers.

Watching some of the expert guitar charts just fucks with my brain, knowing how to play most of them IRL. There are some weird/random notes they happen to throw in during Streets that don't really make sense and seemingly only serve to make the song harder haha.

Otherwise though it's neat to see them adding U2 songs and I'm liking the varied selection so far.

Only top of the page for those 50 post per page heathens! :)

I mean that out of love. It is nice to see new blood in here.

Kolma

no worries.

Nothing but love in this thread

pacman85

Losing Black Hole Sun? Aw, man...
We don't know for sure we are losing Black Hole Sun. I was only speculating in my post based on another person's post about what songs were not present when they looked on the XBox Store/Marketplace. So, a lot of assumptions are being made here. No reason to be sad about it until Harmonix officially announces it.

Fularu

Banned
I was sure I exported Lego, Greenday and RB2 but I can't find a trace of it anywhere

Guess I'm screwed and won't be able to import them into RB4 :/

The export should work like RB3 and just base itself on you having played the games with an export fee...

Leaderboards are being wiped.

What’s staying?
  • Lifetime stats on the Player Stats screen
  • Full Combos
  • Count unique songs FCs are achieved on
  • Gold & Crimson stars
  • Counts total unique songs Gold & Crimson stars are achieved on since launch. Will not go away if player replays previously gold/crimson starred song after January launch and does not achieve gold/crimson stars
  • Because of above, this screen may not be accurately reflected song library display
  • Song plays
  • This will continue to go up as you play songs
  • Full Combo laurels in library

What’s going?
  • All high scores for all songs/instruments
  • If you haven’t played a song post-patch, when you look at the leaderboard for that song you won’t see a score for yourself there
  • Stars/accuracy rating
  • These will remain visible in the library until you replay that song, at which point it will be replaced with new stars/accuracy (even if it is lower)
  • Once a song has been replayed post January patch the song display in the library will work as intended and show the star count/accuracy rating associated with the highest score achieved post January patch

Xis

This is pretty good news:

In other news, when the January update goes live, all scores you earn on songs in ‘Play a Show’ mode will post to leaderboards, just like Quickplay scores!

Shows Mode has been made less... well, awful, but I'm still not touching it. It completely goes against the spirit of Rock Band parties and I find it really infuriating for solo play.

Also I'm not a huge leaderboard chaser but I am incredibly unhappy with this news. I know it's for the best, but man, I can't catch a break for this game.

There's a new XB1 guitar firmware out.

Hahahahaha.

Brilliant.

Shows Mode has been made less... well, awful, but I'm still not touching it. It completely goes against the spirit of Rock Band parties and I find it really infuriating for solo play.

Also I'm not a huge leaderboard chaser but I am incredibly unhappy with this news. I know it's for the best, but man, I can't catch a break for this game.

Well it's either you want the exploited scores on the leaderboards to stay, or they get wiped all together. I'd go with the latter.

Top Bottom