• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rock Band 4 |OT| We're Putting The Rock Band Back Together

chunk3rvd

Nope, we got the same stuff as the US.

Weird. Here's my 2 downloads from the day RB2 launched in the UK:

FwQjL6U.jpg

I always assumed that was the download you were supposed to get. I remember you had to go to a website and input the code off the back of the manual and it generated a PSN store code. The tool must have generated a TP2 code for me by mistake as I definitely don't have the 20 free songs the US got. Are track packs like Country 1 & 2 available yet? I guess this will go live when those packs do

Kolma

And I hate it. Sort Of and Panic Switch are two of my favorite songs in Rock Band ;_;

Also, why the hell those two were delisted and Melatonin and Well Thought Out Twinkles weren't confuses me. It's not like they changed labels or something.

Because they came out at different times.
You can probably expect Melatonin and Well Thought Out Twinkles to get delisted 5 years after they came out.

Chucker

Can finally retire my OG GH3 Guitar from forever ago. My family got the Guitar+Game for me for Christmas.

Selling my physical copy on the cheap for xbone if anybody wants.

CloudWolf

Because they came out at different times.
You can probably expect Melatonin and Well Thought Out Twinkles to get delisted 5 years after they came out.

No, that doesn't add up. Melatonin and Well Thought Out Twinkles came out as DLC way before Panic Switch and Sort Of

Gah!
In finding it hard to get another copy of rock band 3 for PS3.
I have in storage on the other side of the world with my offline PS3.. So I have record of playing it do I can't get the export!!

Can anyone send me or sell me a copy of Rb3 for PS3 :) I will pay!!

Kolma

No, that doesn't add up. Melatonin and Well Thought Out Twinkles came out as DLC way before Panic Switch and Sort Of

Well then... Throw my idea out the window!

Wonder if they asked for too much money to renew the license and Harmonix thought it wasn't worth it.

ViciousDS

Banned
Did Harmonix ever patch the drum issue that was plaguing people on day one?

I'm considering jumping on the BB deal with GCU but since drums are my main, I need to know this.

Nope and they will never be fixed read the last few pages. Apparently it's a hardware issue and it's complete bullshit. That's why I'm not spending another penny until we get answers for this shit.

FyreWulff

And I hate it. Sort Of and Panic Switch are two of my favorite songs in Rock Band ;_;

Also, why the hell those two were delisted and Melatonin and Well Thought Out Twinkles weren't confuses me. It's not like they changed labels or something.

It's literally because they're from different albums.

Music Licensing(tm)(lol)

Damn I only apparently have access to rock band 3 import. Oh well.

Also, where the hell is the leader board? Is it not there because I haven't actually beaten the tour mode yet?

RB3 should be the only one up now except for your old DLC. The other imports are coming next month or so.

I saw that RB3 with adapter for XB1 is $60 on Amazon.

I haven't really looked into the game until now, I only played RB1 way back in the day. I really only like playing guitar.

I fished out my old Guitar Hero Gibson wireless controller from my parents closet...is this compatible?
(I don't fully understand the chart in Op)

CloudWolf

I saw that RB3 with adapter for XB1 is $60 on Amazon.

I haven't really looked into the game until now, I only played RB1 way back in the day. I really only like playing guitar.

I fished out my old Guitar Hero Gibson wireless controller from my parents closet...is this compatible?
(I don't fully understand the chart in Op)
Yes, that one works. All wireless GH/RB guitars work if you have the adapter.

So im most likely picking up the guitar bundle today for this game. I still have my drums and mic from RB3 and a Guitar from GH5. Will those still work? Do i need anything to make them work? On PS4 if that makes a difference. Also how does downloading old songs work.

So im most likely picking up the guitar bundle today for this game. I still have my drums and mic from RB3 and a Guitar from GH5. Will those still work? Do i need anything to make them work? On PS4 if that makes a difference. Also how does downloading old songs work.

PS4) you need the original instrument dongles for them to work in RB4 but nothing else extra is needed. Mics are plug and play.

Old songs can be downloaded from the music store just like the older RB games, make sure it's the same PSN profile. I'm an Xbox player so I don't know if there's an easier way to download your songs.

SlickVic

I wish Rock Band Blitz went on sale during one of these Holiday sales. I still feel bad I wasn't able to export RB2 or Lego RB and eager to get a few more songs imported outside RB1 and RB3.

FyreWulff

I wish Rock Band Blitz went on sale during one of these Holiday sales. I still feel bad I wasn't able to export RB2 or Lego RB and eager to get a few more songs imported outside RB1 and RB3.

It goes on sale semi-regularly, so if you're patient you can just wait for a Blitz sale to come around.

Don't wait too long though, because going off the "5 year rule", Blitz could be pulled in August 2017 if they can't renew all of the song rights.

mreddie

Found a used copy of RB3 and jumped at it, did the calibration trophy to prove it's legit. I then jump to my PS4 and switch on PB4, it says my account is not verified. Do I have to wait for everything to be in working order?

FyreWulff

Found a used copy of RB3 and jumped at it, did the calibration trophy to prove it's legit. I then jump to my PS4 and switch on PB4, it says my account is not verified. Do I have to wait for everything to be in working order?

you have to wait a day or two. it looks like they run a batch script for the verification daily

The guitar and game bundle is down to $80 at GameStop, I think I'm gonna bite. Is the firmware update only doable through Windows? Because I don't have Bluetooth functionality on my PC, but I have a Mac that does.

TheNAC

Banned

Where did you find it? Or a chance you could make a deal and send my way next? We could do a Neogaf RB3 trade train

DedValve

Banned
Are there any ways to get pictures or know what type of guitar you have? I have this red xbox 360 guitar hero that was compatible with RB3 so I got it years ago and it still plays like a charm. I just don't know what it is.

Ktsdaddy

The guitar and game bundle is down to $80 at GameStop, I think I'm gonna bite. Is the firmware update only doable through Windows? Because I don't have Bluetooth functionality on my PC, but I have a Mac that does.

Do you need Bluetooth? My xbone plugged in with USB to update. Little port next to the batteries

So... It's a long story but I can't use the Madcatz program to get the firmware because it won't download on my Mac. My PC doesn't support Bluetooth. Am I screwed? How do I get the firmware update because it's not connecting otherwise.

FyreWulff

So... It's a long story but I can't use the Madcatz program to get the firmware because it won't download on my Mac. My PC doesn't support Bluetooth. Am I screwed? How do I get the firmware update because it's not connecting otherwise.

Turn off your PS4 and unplug it and try connecting to the Mac again

if that doesn't work you can get USB bluetooth adapters for Windows for pretty cheap and that would also let you use your PS4 controller and Wii / Wii U controllers on your PC.

Top Bottom