• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rock Band 4 |OT| We're Putting The Rock Band Back Together

I got the guitar connected to my PS4. Is the firmware necessary? I may buy a bluetooth adapter if so. Also, is anyone else having trouble connecting to the store in-game? Mine keeps kicking me out saying it can't connect to the server.

So I keep seeing in the OP that you can buy the RB1 export for $4.99 on PSN, but that link is broken. Is that something that's just an error that could be fixed or did I miss the boat there?

The XB1 link still works, which is why I'm confused.

FyreWulff

So I keep seeing in the OP that you can buy the RB1 export for $4.99 on PSN, but that link is broken. Is that something that's just an error that could be fixed or did I miss the boat there?

The XB1 link still works, which is why I'm confused.

pretty sure you've missed the boat at this point on both platforms. Pretty sure the Xbox link will error when you attempt to actually buy

pretty sure you've missed the boat at this point on both platforms. Pretty sure the Xbox link will error when you attempt to actually buy

Bummer. Is there any way to still get myself qualified for the RB3 export? Just play the game on my PSN profile and earn a few trophies or something?

Fularu

Banned
Tonight the gane crashed 6 times on me when selecting DLC songs on XBOX One. Coupled with the missing notes bug and the barebones features with the game (yeah, yeah, previous DLC blablabla) this is souring me a lot on the game and Harmonix is quickly losing a lot of my goodwill.

I shouldn't be trying for 40 minutes to start a song and have to reboot my console 4 times in the process before the game eventually accepts to not freeze/crash/return me to the xbox desktop whenever I load a song

U2NUMB

I have waited so long for U2 to be in Rock Band... loving the selections of the first pack.. keep them coming Harmonix!

Tonight the gane crashed 6 times on me when selecting DLC songs on XBOX One. Coupled with the missing notes bug and the barebones features with the game (yeah, yeah, previous DLC blablabla) this is souring me a lot on the game and Harmonix is quickly losing a lot of my goodwill.

I shouldn't be trying for 40 minutes to start a song and have to reboot my console 4 times in the process before the game eventually accepts to not freeze/crash/return me to the xbox desktop whenever I load a song
Man that sucks, as someone who plays 3-4 times weekly I can't say iv run in to any problems of any crashes or songs not working. I also play on the XB1, are you using an external harddrive or the internal it comes with?

Fularu

Banned
Man that sucks, as someone who plays 3-4 times weekly I can't say iv run in to any problems of any crashes or songs not working. I also play on the XB1, are you using an external harddrive or the internal it comes with?

Stock Xbox one, abotu a year old (Unity bundle).

The only game I play on it is RockBand, so it's not even beeing fully used.

Stock Xbox one, abotu a year old (Unity bundle).

The only game I play on it is RockBand, so it's not even beeing fully used.
Weird, I have a day one XB1 and iv had no issues with Rock Band. I have both the game and all DLC (~700 pieces of it) installed to an external. No issues here, have you tried rebuilding your song cache

When can we expect rock band 1 export? Miss those songs. Never played rb3, is the export for that worth the work to make it happen? Or do I just pay the 14.99 and I get all the songs? I don't even know how it works, my bad.

When can we expect rock band 1 export? Miss those songs. Never played rb3, is the export for that worth the work to make it happen? Or do I just pay the 14.99 and I get all the songs? I don't even know how it works, my bad.

Rock Band 1 export should be coming in January. Some of the songs have already been spotted on the Xbox Marketplace. And you have to find a way to play Rock Band 3 and earn some trophies on the ecosystem of your choice (360 for Xbox, PS3 for Sony) to be able to buy the RB3 export.

Find the setlist, if you count 8 songs you like then the answer is yes its worth $15

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8rbEGjUV67M

• Coldplay “Adventure of a Lifetime”
• Ellie Goulding “On My Mind”
• Justin Bieber “What Do You Mean?”
• One Direction “Drag Me Down”
• Sam Hunt “Leave The Night On”
• Weezer “Thank God for Girls”

Yeah, I think not.

On my Mind looks fun... I'll get that.

What do you Mean is a good song but man... does not look fun to play on Rockband, so pass on that and the rest.

CloudWolf

Oh man, it happened. Bieber and One Direction in Rock Band. Fuck that, no tracks for me this week.

I would've gladly bought Ellie Goulding if it was Lights or Burn, but the new album is kinda awful. I have never heard of Sam Hunt and listening to the preview I'm thankful for that. And those Coldplay and Weezer tracks are just awful. Thank God for Girls might be my new most hated Weezer track.

EDIT: Also, they really missed a chance to add some of the new Carly Rae Jepsen album. That stuff would've actually worked well in Rock Band 4.

Well er....the Coldplay song looks fun on Guitar at least?

Not much else I can say about this week really, one of the worst for me actually. Will have to listen to the Weezer song at some point today though, name doesn't ring a bell!

Welp... none for me this week.

I cannot connect to the store in-game. It keeps saying there is a server problem. Is there any fix for this or is it a widespread problem?

DedValve

Banned
The guitar and game bundle is down to $80 at GameStop, I think I'm gonna bite. Is the firmware update only doable through Windows? Because I don't have Bluetooth functionality on my PC, but I have a Mac that does.

Oh shit might go for this instead. It's only $10-20 more.

I forget but does best buy price match stack with gamers club?

i thort this was rock band not pop band lmao

But seriously though, I'll wait for the full previews before I get this. The Coldplay one could be fun on Guitar, plus I've got the pack, and I'll see about Weezer vas I've never heard the song before. I would've preferred Cleopatra, but that's clearly not modern enough for this latest batch of DLC. May as well get the 2015 tracks out of the way while it's still 2015, I suppose.

"Fuck, that's an awful week." Was my first thought. After watching the video though... I'm probably gonna grab some. Only one I don't think Il grab at some point will be that Sam Hunt song. Would of rather gotten another song off of EWBAITE instead of Thank God For Girls. With all this pop and pop rock recently, I'm gonna be mad disappointed if we don't get a mega Taylor Swift pack at some point soon but we all know she don't come cheep. I'd also like an Artpop pack from Lady Gaga but that's just wishful thinking

Storm360

Worst DLC week I can think of in a long time, at least worst since the RB2 era.

Not sure why they're giving us keys songs now keys are gone too

AbsolutelyDisgusting.gif

Man hope we get packs more on par with the Aerosmith and hard rock packs soon. On the plus side at least exports are definitely coming soon.

Question for a friend. He bought the band in a box thing for PS4. It works fine except for the drums which he says barely work at all - notes only register 1 out of 10 times. I asked him if he was hitting the drums hard enough and he said that definitely is not the problem. It sounded to me like a defective drum kit that he will need to return, as much of a pain in the ass it would be since he'll have to return the whole package. Am I right or is there something else he should try first?

Also he did some online research and saw something about updating firmware on the drums. Is that even a thing? And supposedly the guy at Gamestop told him all the Rock Band 4 drum kits were fucked up and he should buy a 3rd party one which sounded like BS to me.

Question for a friend. He bought the band in a box thing for PS4. It works fine except for the drums which he says barely work at all - notes only register 1 out of 10 times. I asked him if he was hitting the drums hard enough and he said that definitely is not the problem. It sounded to me like a defective drum kit that he will need to return, as much of a pain in the ass it would be since he'll have to return the whole package. Am I right or is there something else he should try first?

Also he did some online research and saw something about updating firmware on the drums. Is that even a thing? And supposedly the guy at Gamestop told him all the Rock Band 4 drum kits were fucked up and he should buy a 3rd party one which sounded like BS to me.

Amazingly, all of the above is true: you CAN update the firmware on the drums, and there HAVE been noted issues with the new drumset. Worse, at least one apparently knowledgeable commentator has suggested the problem might not be fixable without new hardware, which would be pretty bad if so.

Good lord. I have no idea what to tell this guy. He's not the most technical person I know so troubleshooting it is likely going to be a nightmare for him.

Good lord. I have no idea what to tell this guy. He's not the most technical person I know so troubleshooting it is likely going to be a nightmare for him.

Easiest thing to do would be to try another known-working non-RB4 drumset if possible. Unfortunately your options would be limited if on Xbox One, since you'd need the legacy adapter and I don't recall if the band-in-a-box came with one. PS4 is easier, you just need the drumset and dongle.

I have no personal experience with the RB4 kit, so hopefully other people can chime in with more specific troubleshooting steps. But what I outlined above will hopefully rule out other issues, like A/V issues or human error.

Easiest thing to do would be to try another known-working non-RB4 drumset if possible. Unfortunately your options would be limited if on Xbox One, since you'd need the legacy adapter and I don't recall if the band-in-a-box came with one. PS4 is easier, you just need the drumset and dongle.

I have no personal experience with the RB4 kit, so hopefully other people can chime in with more specific troubleshooting steps. But what I outlined above will hopefully rule out other issues, like A/V issues or human error.
Yeah he's got the PS4 version. I'll see what I can do but I don't know any one with a drum kit and I'm sure he doesn't either.

Top Bottom