• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rock Band 4 |OT| We're Putting The Rock Band Back Together

Question, on PS4 im using the RB3 drums and its signed in as a guest. It says nothing will be saved if i dont sign into a profile, but how do i do that on the PS3 drums?

Kolma

Oh man, it happened. Bieber and One Direction in Rock Band. Fuck that, no tracks for me this week.

I would've gladly bought Ellie Goulding if it was Lights or Burn, but the new album is kinda awful. I have never heard of Sam Hunt and listening to the preview I'm thankful for that. And those Coldplay and Weezer tracks are just awful. Thank God for Girls might be my new most hated Weezer track.

EDIT: Also, they really missed a chance to add some of the new Carly Rae Jepsen album. That stuff would've actually worked well in Rock Band 4.

I have been needing a reason to buy Call Me Maybe.

This crappy week might be it.

Not to say there haven't been other weeks where I buy nothing but this week is going down in history.

Question, on PS4 im using the RB3 drums and its signed in as a guest. It says nothing will be saved if i dont sign into a profile, but how do i do that on the PS3 drums?

Hit the Start button, you'll get a pop-up menu. Change Profile is what you want. Also: you'll have to do this again every time you exit out to the XMB or suspend/resume (fun!).

jtb

Banned
so I guess they're really going hard with the new stuff. do they get a better cut on this stuff or does this just sell better or does Harmonix just have no money lol?

What Do You Mean? is a banger tho. will download.

so I guess they're really going hard with the new stuff. do they get a better cut on this stuff or does this just sell better or does Harmonix just have no money lol?

I'd guess it sells better. If you're having Rock Band parties with different groups of people, I'd guess that current music is a pretty big hit with some.

FyreWulff

I guess it's good that they can get such new songs right?

I won't get them but I recognize that it does add more of a palette to the RB library. It also helps the game to have popular artists and songs right at launch.

They had a similar strategy for the other games, the opening weeks of DLC were majority top 40 artists. Most of the deep cuts and no-parts come well afterward. Although I wonder if we'll ever actually see a new song be no-part outside of no vocals anytime soon.

neoemonk

Got this for Christmas on PS4 and none of my old DLC shows up in the store. I still have Rock Band 1 and 2 on PS3 so I may look into what it takes to get that stuff transferred. I would love to have everything on the PS4 but don't know how much work I'm willing to do for it right now.

FyreWulff

Got this for Christmas on PS4 and none of my old DLC shows up in the store. I still have Rock Band 1 and 2 on PS3 so I may look into what it takes to get that stuff transferred. I would love to have everything on the PS4 but don't know how much work I'm willing to do for it right now.

same account?

store DLC carries over, the RB1 and 2 exports are coming in January

neoemonk

same account?

store DLC carries over, the RB1 and 2 exports are coming in January

It's all on the same account. I'm going to go through the Reddit list and see what's on there. Most of my DLC was purchased around the release of Rock Band 1 so it might be related to license expiration. I had the Cars album, Blood Sugar Sex Magic, Metallica Pack 1, just off the top of my head. I'll try out the EA thing for RB 2 later.

It would be nice to get some additional filtering options in PSN. I have 40 pages of crap because I've had this account since the launch of the PS3. It's choked with PS+ and demos.

If I use the web store I can pull my old songs from there and then "repurchase" them for free. I just can't seem to browse to them on PSN on the PS4. This will work though.

DedValve

Banned
So the RB1 export is $15?

Hmmm Gamestops $80 deal is suuuuper tempting. I'm waiting on a refund from amazon, any word on how long it'll last?

akashhhhh

Pretty confused about the export stuff. I own export keys for RB1, RB2, Green Day Limited Edition, Lego RB and Blitz.

If I'm correct, as of now, only RB3 will export? With info about moving the rest over coming later?

What about individual songs? For example, I see Mississippi Queen (as an example) is available on the RB4 store, but it's not showing as a download for me even though I own the RB1 export?

But several Green Day songs (which I didn't buy individually) ARE showing up.

Bear in mind, I'm looking at what I have available through the Xbox One "Manage Game" menu as I've been waiting hours for RB4 to download and install...

Thanks for any help.

Pretty confused about the export stuff. I own export keys for RB1, RB2, Green Day Limited Edition, Lego RB and Blitz.

If I'm correct, as of now, only RB3 will export? With info about moving the rest over coming later?

What about individual songs? For example, I see Mississippi Queen (as an example) is available on the RB4 store, but it's not showing as a download for me even though I own the RB1 export?

But several Green Day songs (which I didn't buy individually) ARE showing up.

Bear in mind, I'm looking at what I have available through the Xbox One "Manage Game" menu as I've been waiting hours for RB4 to download and install...

Thanks for any help.

At least on PS4, Blitz is already downloadable. For us, we had to fire up Blitz on PS3, trigger a soundtrack re-download, and that let us access the songs on PS4. For Xbox, all of Green Day should be available.

RB1, RB2, and Lego should be coming in January.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
I didn't even need to fire up blitz for the export to be available. I just found it on the PSN store.

akashhhhh

At least on PS4, Blitz is already downloadable. For us, we had to fire up Blitz on PS3, trigger a soundtrack re-download, and that let us access the songs on PS4. For Xbox, all of Green Day should be available.

RB1, RB2, and Lego should be coming in January.

Thanks. I'm not seeing any neat way to download all the Blitz songs on Xbox One, I'll have to go through and do it one by one at some point...

They just really need to build a "view owned DLC" button into the RB store.

xJavonta

Banned
Haters need to stop. That bieber track is actually really good. And so is the 1D track. I need to go ahead and buy RB4 already.

How is the strumbar on the new guitars? Still not GH level clicky is it?

CloudWolf

I can't wait for the LEGO export. I was listening to Valerie on my way to work and my god, that song will be amazing with harmonies.

Haters need to stop. That bieber track is actually really good. And so is the 1D track. I need to go ahead and buy RB4 already.

How is the strumbar on the new guitars? Still not GH level clicky is it?
Nope, the RB4 guitar doesn't click when you strum. The guitar itself is pretty good tho and freestyle solo's are 100% more fun with it than with GH guitars.

D

Deleted member 57681

Unconfirmed Member
RIP Lemmy Kilmister.

If you have We Are the Road Crew, Killed By Death, or Master of the Universe, today would be a good day to play it.
Well maybe better just listen to Master of the Universe.
Also I need my Lemmy hat in RB4 stat.

RIP you beautiful man.

DagsJT

Is there any point in me selling my Track Pack Vol 2 disc now I've used the export code? I know the AC/DC disc works fine as a standalone disc but not sure on the track packs.

Picked up "Adventure of a Lifetime" and "Thank God for Girls"!

"Adventure of a Lifetime" is really bloody fun on Guitar, loads of hammer-ons descending down the fretboard, and a fun, but simple steady alt-strumming chords during the main chorus. One of the better Guitar charts of the year in my opinion. Bass is nice and bouncy as well, plenty of two note hammer-ons!

"Thank God for Girls" is alright on Guitar, nothing particularly stands out. Just a bunch of slow single note strumming up and down the fretboard. Bass is a hell of a lot more fun though, much like "Adventure of a Lifetime" it's a bouncy, laid-back bassline, with some 2-3 note hammer-ons from time to time. Much better than the guitar. Kind of dig the song too. It's like a mix between Weezer's older material and newer stuff!

Next time Blitz goes on sale I'll have to get it. Really glad I ended up buying the singles I wanted individually or I'd still be waiting to play them on Xbox.

I've been out of the loop for a while.

Last I heard, RB3 export was going to be available soon (and I'm pretty sure it available by now).

Any updates on RB1, RB2, or Lego?

Edit: I see stand alone guitars are available at amazon.

Jesus. Are they even trying with the DLC?

I'm okay with the odd week of top 10 stuff. I think Harmonix have been pretty good with their DLC this year personally. The list of shit I've bought is quite expansive!

Singles
=====================================
"Cowboys From Hell (Live)" - Pantera
"September" - Earth, Wind & Fire
"Jane" - Jefferson Starship
"Gimme Chocolate!" - Babymetal
"All The Rage Back Home" - Interpol
"High Road" - Mastodon
"Throne" - Bring Me The Horizon
"Move Over" - Janis Joplin
"My Own Eyes" - Weird Al Yankovic
"Don't Wanna Fight" - Alabama Shakes