• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rock Band 4 |OT| We're Putting The Rock Band Back Together

zulux21

Jesus. Are they even trying with the DLC?

They are trying to make some money.

these hits packs will likely sell better than 99% of the other stuff that is released.

which I am fine with, I don't need new exciting dlc each week that fits my tastes, just from time to time.

But without the keyboard, pop hits don't make sense to me.
Who wants to play that shit with guitar? I hate when synth/piano is guitar. HATE IT. Really takes me out of the experience.

zulux21

Who wants to play that shit with guitar? I hate when synth/piano is guitar. HATE IT. Really takes me out of the experience.

that is why you play drums or vocals :p

beyond that it's much easier to get your average mom or girlfriend to play a top hit song they love compared to an super hard rock song.

I'd rather have a song charting synth to guitar than no guitar at all. The important part of these games to me is the connection to the music, not necessarily the instrument being played being "correct."

that is why you play drums or vocals :p

beyond that it's much easier to get your average mom or girlfriend to play a top hit song they love compared to an super hard rock song.
They like the classics or music with guitar as well, so doesn't really work that way for me d:

But I see what you mean.
I'd rather have a song charting synth to guitar than no guitar at all. The important part of these games to me is the connection to the music, not necessarily the instrument being played being "correct."

I'd rather have songs with great guitar ):

Hi guys!

Is there any way in which any european gaffer who owns RB3 on ps3 could log in with my PSN account to make me elegible for the export on PS4? (I have all my legacy dlc and 1,2,3 games on 360 T_T )

Or should I need the game physically on my PS3 (which I cannot find for less than 45€ wtf)??

Thanks!

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
Wow, there are a lot of people who hate this new DLC pack. I'm definitely getting the Justin Bieber and Ellie Goulding songs.

People said the same stuff when lady gaga came out, and whatever else doesn't cater to their taste. I don't buy all the dlc every week but I'm not going to cry about it either.

FyreWulff

I've updated this to reflect the current state of stuff as of 12/31:

FyreWulff's Next Gen Guide To Quickly Expanding Your Rock Band Library

Are you set up to play Rock Band 4 when it comes out? I originally wrote a guide way back when that showed you how to quickly expand your library for the least amount of money, but that post has now been consumed by the forum black hole and a lot of the exports expired since then. So here we go! None of this guide requires you to own a 360 or PS3, or even put in a disc. This guide will also only cover methods that work 100% right now; it may be possible to get some other expired exports and offers, but YMMV.

Rock Band Blitz - 15$
Xbox | Playstation
This will give you 25 songs compatible with Rock Band 4. And a game! All of Blitz's songs are available individually on the store otherwise. It's likely Blitz will be compatible with the One's Backwards Compatible mode as well. To get the export to work you need to load up Blitz on an actual 360 or PS3 so that it prompts you to download the Blitz soundtrack.
Value: 60 cents per song

Rock Band 2 Harmonix Pack - Free
Xbox | Playstation
This is a pack of Harmonix songs from Rock Band 2 that were given to everyone for free!
Value: Freedom cents per song

Rock Band Track Pack Volume 2
Check your favorite retailer, new copies only
A physical disc release that contained a collection of 20 Rock Band DLC songs that also includes a marketplace code for that disc's console family. Notably, it's the only way you can now obtain Snow ((Hey Oh)) by RHCP, which was pulled from the store due to license expiration, making it worthwhile to get this song pack. You only need to redeem the code from the manual to obtain the songs.

Value: 65 cents per song . Average price of the Track Pack is 13$

Various Free Songs
These songs are free on the store for promotional reasons.

Still Alive [X | P]
Charlene [X | P]
I Still Believe [X | P]

Rock Band: Green Day
The game's export has expired, but the entire disc setlist is available on the store as regular DLC in album packs and singles.

Songs Re-released
Rock Band 1: The covers of Run to the Hills [X | P] (non-export) and Tom Sawyer [X | P] (export) have the original artist studio versions available on the store, which are linked. Wanted Dead Or Alive [X | P] is available as RB3 DLC. It's also available as part of the Bon Jovi: Greatest Hits Pack [X | P].

Rock Band 2: Alive (export expired) has a Live [X | P] version on the store. Give It Away [X | P] (non-export) and Spoonman [X | P] (non-export) are available as DLC singles or via the Blitz export. Livin' On A Prayer [X | P] is available as RB3 DLC. It's also available as part of the Bon Jovi: Greatest Hits Pack [X | P].

Lego Rock Band: Fire (export expired) has a Live [X | P] version on the store as a single or as part of the "Are You Experienced" album pack [X | P]. We Will Rock You [X | P] and We Are The Champions [X | P] are available as RB3 DLC in the store. You Give Love A Bad Name [X | P] is available as RB3 DLC in the store. It's also available as part of the Bon Jovi: Greatest Hits Pack [X | P].

DLC: Fortunate Son [X | P] , Working Man [X | P], Limelight [X | P], and Number of the Beast [X | P] all have a studio version of the song that was released after the cover version. The cover versions are still available on the store, so pay attention to the big "As Made Famous by" when shopping on the store. I've linked the studio versions.

Kolma

Is there a way to delete characters? Just googled it but couldn't find any info.

I know there is a way but I can't remember it exactly.
This you hit options/menu/start. hit either A/X or Y/Triangle, and then there should be a delete character option.

I remember it being a really simple thing to get to.

*edit
YEP, start -> Characters -> (Y/Triangle) Manage Characters -> Delete Character

Not sure if that has been mentioned yet, but does anyone know what is up with Blood Sugar Sex Magick?

All of the songs from that album but Give It Away have been delisted. You'll be able to redownload them later on if you bought them beforehand, but right now, more or less none of the delisted songs can be downloaded on Xbone or PS4.

I bought RB3 and RB4 on day one for their respective Xbox consoles but in RB4 it says the RB3 export pack costs $15. How can I get it to recognize that I already own RB3 on 360?

Cheddahz

Banned
I bought RB3 and RB4 on day one for their respective Xbox consoles but in RB4 it says the RB3 export pack costs $15. How can I get it to recognize that I already own RB3 on 360?

You still have to pay the $15 to export the songs (and you only get that option if you do own the game or have played it on that Microsoft account)

You still have to pay the $15 to export the songs (and you only get that option if you do own the game or have played it on that Microsoft account)
Oh wow, that's disappointing. I wonder if RB1&2 exports will have a cost associated with them when they come out. Thanks for clearing that up though!

SlickVic

Oh wow, that's disappointing. I wonder if RB1&2 exports will have a cost associated with them when they come out. Thanks for clearing that up though!

Yeah but there's always been a fee to export songs off the disc. This is the first time Rock Band 3 has been able to export to another game so that's why everyone needs to pay the fee. If you paid export fees in the past for Rock Band 1 and 2 exports I don't think you'll need to pay another for RB4.

TheNAC

Banned
I've updated this to reflect the current state of stuff as of 12/31:

FyreWulff's Next Gen Guide To Quickly Expanding Your Rock Band Library

Are you set up to play Rock Band 4 when it comes out? I originally wrote a guide way back when that showed you how to quickly expand your library for the least amount of money, but that post has now been consumed by the forum black hole and a lot of the exports expired since then. So here we go! None of this guide requires you to own a 360 or PS3, or even put in a disc. This guide will also only cover methods that work 100% right now; it may be possible to get some other expired exports and offers, but YMMV.

Rock Band Blitz - 15$
Xbox | Playstation
This will give you 25 songs compatible with Rock Band 4. And a game! All of Blitz's songs are available individually on the store otherwise. It's likely Blitz will be compatible with the One's Backwards Compatible mode as well. To get the export to work you need to load up Blitz on an actual 360 or PS3 so that it prompts you to download the Blitz soundtrack.
Value: 60 cents per song

Rock Band 2 Harmonix Pack - Free
Xbox | Playstation
This is a pack of Harmonix songs from Rock Band 2 that were given to everyone for free!
Value: Freedom cents per song

Rock Band Track Pack Volume 2
Check your favorite retailer, new copies only
A physical disc release that contained a collection of 20 Rock Band DLC songs that also includes a marketplace code for that disc's console family. Notably, it's the only way you can now obtain Snow ((Hey Oh)) by RHCP, which was pulled from the store due to license expiration, making it worthwhile to get this song pack. You only need to redeem the code from the manual to obtain the songs.

Value: 65 cents per song . Average price of the Track Pack is 13$

Various Free Songs
These songs are free on the store for promotional reasons.

Still Alive [X | P]
Charlene [X | P]
I Still Believe [X | P]

Rock Band: Green Day
The game's export has expired, but the entire disc setlist is available on the store as regular DLC in album packs and singles.

Songs Re-released
Rock Band 1: The covers of Run to the Hills [X | P] (non-export) and Tom Sawyer [X | P] (export) have the original artist studio versions available on the store, which are linked. Wanted Dead Or Alive [X | P] is available as RB3 DLC. It's also available as part of the Bon Jovi: Greatest Hits Pack [X | P].

Rock Band 2: Alive (export expired) has a Live [X | P] version on the store. Give It Away [X | P] (non-export) and Spoonman [X | P] (non-export) are available as DLC singles or via the Blitz export. Livin' On A Prayer [X | P] is available as RB3 DLC. It's also available as part of the Bon Jovi: Greatest Hits Pack [X | P].

Lego Rock Band: Fire (export expired) has a Live [X | P] version on the store as a single or as part of the "Are You Experienced" album pack [X | P]. We Will Rock You [X | P] and We Are The Champions [X | P] are available as RB3 DLC in the store. You Give Love A Bad Name [X | P] is available as RB3 DLC in the store. It's also available as part of the Bon Jovi: Greatest Hits Pack [X | P].

DLC: Fortunate Son [X | P] , Working Man [X | P], Limelight [X | P], and Number of the Beast [X | P] all have a studio version of the song that was released after the cover version. The cover versions are still available on the store, so pay attention to the big "As Made Famous by" when shopping on the store. I've linked the studio versions.

I tried to get the Rock Band 2 free pack but it does not show up on the store at all, any way to find it? PS3 btw. Also still alive and charlene are both 1.99 in the store.

Yeah but there's always been a fee to export songs off the disc. This is the first time Rock Band 3 has been able to export to another game so that's why everyone needs to pay the fee. If you paid export fees in the past for Rock Band 1 and 2 exports I don't think you'll need to pay another for RB4.
Makes sense. Thanks guys and happy new year!

I just got the standalone mic and am pretty happy with it. My only issue is on the software side - I wish mic volume was louder so I can hear myself singing better.

pacman85

Makes sense. Thanks guys and happy new year!

I just got the standalone mic and am pretty happy with it. My only issue is on the software side - I wish mic volume was louder so I can hear myself singing better.
I know there were settings in RB3 where you could change the volume of the vocals in the song versus the volume of the mic. Not sure if it's in RB4 though. Press the pause/menu/start button once you have a mic and controller connected and go through the settings in the little overshell menu that pops up and see if you can adjust that. Since RB4 is currently a stripped down version of RB3 those options may no longer be there.

All of the songs from that album but Give It Away have been delisted. You'll be able to redownload them later on if you bought them beforehand, but right now, more or less none of the delisted songs can be downloaded on Xbone or PS4.
Exactly what I just came in here to ask about. Good to know I'll get them back eventually!

I know there were settings in RB3 where you could change the volume of the vocals in the song versus the volume of the mic. Not sure if it's in RB4 though. Press the pause/menu/start button once you have a mic and controller connected and go through the settings in the little overshell menu that pops up and see if you can adjust that. Since RB4 is currently a stripped down version of RB3 those options may no longer be there.

Yes, this option still exists thankfully. Had myself a RB party last night.

FyreWulff

I tried to get the Rock Band 2 free pack but it does not show up on the store at all, any way to find it? PS3 btw. Also still alive and charlene are both 1.99 in the store.

Hmm. I think those are glitched on Playstation right now. I wouldn't get them yet.

I'm having Aesthetics of Hate withdrawal.

SCEE need to hurry up get the Warped Tour pack online. The bloody singles are already up.

catabarez

Only if you care whether or not it's new.

Don't particularly care. I have an ION set that I can't use right now and I miss playing drums. I'd get the new set, but the fact that it drops notes is a problem. I hope they announce something soon about ION compatibility.

Don't particularly care. I have an ION set that I can't use right now and I miss playing drums. I'd get the new set, but the fact that it drops notes is a problem. I hope they announce something soon about ION compatibility.

I honestly don't think it's happening because at this point its entirely on Microsoft/Ion, and it doesn't look like either one wants to budge on this.

And in your case, I'd definitely just scout out some used RB2/3/Beatles drums.

catabarez

I honestly don't think it's happening because at this point its entirely on Microsoft/Ion, and it doesn't look like either one wants to budge on this.

And in your case, I'd definitely just scout out some used RB2/3/Beatles drums.

I'll probably end up doing that and getting some GoodWoodMods for it. Is there any way to mod a RB2/3 set to use the ION drums? Sort of like replacing the module.

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!
Yeah, I was thinking Rock Band 1 soundtrack, as well. They did say there would be weeks with no DLC for exports and a lot of those tracks have been on the marketplace for a couple of weeks.

Top Bottom