• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rock Band 4 |OT| We're Putting The Rock Band Back Together

I wonder if harmonex will quickly throw together a david bowie pack for next week to honor him given he just passed away.

Nah, can't see it happening. If anything they'd push back songs they've already got ready for a few months, it'd be in bad taste to try to get money so soon after his death.

I wonder if harmonex will quickly throw together a david bowie pack for next week to honor him given he just passed away.

They'd have to get approval from his family and other license owners, which would be difficult in such a short amount of time, even if they already had the songs ready. Plus, it'd be seen as exploitative.

Amneisac

So when I see that the exporting feature has expired on some of the Rock Band games, does that mean if you exported them previously (like from RB2 to RB3) they will be available in Rock Band 4 today? Or does that mean unless you've already imported them into RB4 it's too late?

Am I explaining that clearly?

So when I see that the exporting feature has expired on some of the Rock Band games, does that mean if you exported them previously (like from RB2 to RB3) they will be available in Rock Band 4 today? Or does that mean unless you've already imported them into RB4 it's too late?

Am I explaining that clearly?

Not necessarily today, but yes, if you've exported them previously, you will be entitled to them when they go up.

Amneisac

Not necessarily today, but yes, if you've exported them previously, you will be entitled to them when they go up.

Okay, thanks. We ordered the full kit and an extra guitar and they're supposed to show up today, but I wasn't sure how much DLC I'd have available. We had the previous games on 360, and we had all of them, but I just can't remember what I had exported, but I feel like I exported everything I could into RB3, so hopefully I'll have a decent batch of songs waiting for me when I fire up the XBONE tonight.

Okay, thanks. We ordered the full kit and an extra guitar and they're supposed to show up today, but I wasn't sure how much DLC I'd have available. We had the previous games on 360, and we had all of them, but I just can't remember what I had exported, but I feel like I exported everything I could into RB3, so hopefully I'll have a decent batch of songs waiting for me when I fire up the XBONE tonight.

Only the exports for Rock Band Blitz and Green Day are currently up, but most DLC you would have purchased can be downloaded right away.

Rock Band 1 export is expected to be ready this week, but that could change.

Amneisac

Only the exports for Rock Band Blitz and Green Day are currently up, but most DLC you would have purchased can be downloaded right away.

Rock Band 1 export is expected to be ready this week, but that could change.

Wow, I didn't realize they were missing so much, I thought at least RB1 was available right now. So it's only RB and Blitz and individual purchases?

Wow, I didn't realize they were missing so much, I thought at least RB1 was available right now. So it's only RB and Blitz and individual purchases?

Most of the Rock Band 1 songs are up on Xbox Live I think, they just haven't activated the entitlements yet. You won't have to wait too long for those songs.

The best part about ths pack is that they didn't license the Sound of Silence cover which everyone loves so fucking much for some reason.

Rock Band gave me my first deeper look into Bowie's catalog, and led to him becoming one of my all-time favorite artists. Heck, he was one of the first artists released as Rock Band DLC.

Today sucks. RIP Bowie.

Fuck man, RIP Bowie

The thing is that with Silversun Pickups it wasn't even that. All their albums are on the same label.

Yeah Underoath is in the same situation. Same label, and that song he's asking for specifically (which I would also like) is even from the same album that one of their other DLCs is from

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-BOlxFI8Q9s

Disturbed 04
• Disturbed - The Vengeful One
• Disturbed - Immortalized
• Disturbed - Warrior

I might.

Rock band dlc was a mistake, etc

Played over this weekend a bit and kept feeling like my calibration was off. Which was odd considering I used the Guitar to calibrate and never had an issue.

I remember the last patch said that some calibration stuff changed so I decided to just recalibrate.

Before I had 110ms V and 75ms A.
After I had 145ms V and 45ms A.

I have no idea how those numbers moved that much, but it definitely feels better.

(Note that I'm used a 52" LCD with a 5.1 surround attached)

Played over this weekend a bit and kept feeling like my calibration was off. Which was odd considering I used the Guitar to calibrate and never had an issue.

I remember the last patch said that some calibration stuff changed so I decided to just recalibrate.

Before I had 110ms V and 75ms A.
After I had 145ms V and 45ms A.

I have no idea how those numbers moved that much, but it definitely feels better.

(Note that I'm used a 52" LCD with a 5.1 surround attached)

Yeah, I think they recommended to recalibrate after one of the patches.

Disturbed 04
• Disturbed - Warrior

I might.

2 Weeks of waiting for... this?
j/k but it's not my taste

My sister said she wants more instruments so we can play together (only have 360 guitar and a mic (which nobody uses)) Would the cheapest things be either standard guitar pack for £65 from Argos (if the guitar is that much better than another 360 one) or a band in a box bundle for £170 if she really insists on having drums as well. If the new guitar isn't worth it I'll probably order a 360 one for £25ish and keep an eye out for drums

I looked online for 360 wireless drums but the only ones I can find are wired so if anyone knows where some are sold in the UK that'd be good, already looked on ebay and cex. :)

And lastly, RIP Bowie :(

D

Deleted member 57681

Unconfirmed Member
Does anyone else have this weird tiny graphical glitch, that whenever you back out or finish a song into the library, the line below the words "Music Library" gets messed up a bit in the upper left corner?

zulux21

Disturbed 04
• Disturbed - Warrior

I might.

i like disturbed, but alas likely won't buy that until on sale.

I am more confused why the light wasn't included though as it actually sounds decently different than their normal stuff and would likely sell decently as a single *shrugs*

The best part about ths pack is that they didn't license the Sound of Silence cover which everyone loves so fucking much for some reason.

it's an okay cover but it would be a terrible rock band song.

Amneisac

So just to make 100% I checked my purchase history and I see these:

LEGO Rock Band Export Pack Game Addon 11/19/2010

Rock Band 2 Export Pack Game Addon 11/3/2010

Rock Band Music Store Game 12/26/2009 (don't know what this is)

Rock Band Song Export Key Game Addon 11/30/2008

Your Rock Band 2 Bonus Tracks Game Addon 11/6/2008

and then a bunch of random single and track packs and stuff. So as of today (when I unbox everything) I should be able to access all the single tracks and track packs I bought through the Rock Band store and then one day in the future as they are made available to everyone I will be able to access all of these exports for Lego, RB2 and RB1, right? All of these are on 360 and I bought the XBOX One version of RB4.

I am kind of weighing all these extra songs pretty heavily in my decision to actually open up the box and start playing since I think the whole investment is more worth it if I can reclaim these old purchases, so I'm hoping I have that right!

So just to make 100% I checked my purchase history and I see these:

and then a bunch of random single and track packs and stuff. So as of today (when I unbox everything) I should be able to access all the single tracks and track packs I bought through the Rock Band store and then one day in the future as they are made available to everyone I will be able to access all of these exports for Lego, RB2 and RB1, right? All of these are on 360 and I bought the XBOX One version of RB4.

I am kind of weighing all these extra songs pretty heavily in my decision to actually open up the box and start playing since I think the whole investment is more worth it if I can reclaim these old purchases, so I'm hoping I have that right!

The track packs aren't working yet, either. They're prioritizing the remaining disc exports at this time.

Amneisac

The track packs aren't working yet, either. They're prioritizing the remaining disc exports at this time.

Ah, okay dang - so are Rock Band Network songs the songs that I would have purchased through the previous Rock Band games or are those something different? I see a bunch of songs I bought in 2008, I'm not sure if those will be working or if I will only have access to the RB4 songs until they get all of that sorted.

Ah, okay dang - so are Rock Band Network songs the songs that I would have purchased through the previous Rock Band games or are those something different? I see a bunch of songs I bought in 2008, I'm not sure if those will be working or if I will only have access to the RB4 songs until they get all of that sorted.

Rock Band Network songs are songs submitted to Xbox Live by charting groups or other direct representatives of the artists, with minimal input by Harmonix. It's mostly independent or otherwise lesser-known acts, but there are few big hits among the RBN songs, like Semi-Charmed Life, Bodies, and Blue (Da Ba Dee).

Amneisac

Rock Band Network songs are songs submitted to Xbox Live by charting groups or other direct representatives of the artists, with minimal input by Harmonix. It's mostly independent or otherwise lesser-known acts, but there are few big hits among the RBN songs, like Semi-Charmed Life, Bodies, and Blue (Da Ba Dee).

Oh, that's right I remember those now, thanks so much for all your help, I think I'll be happy for now with the songs I purchased (legacy DLC) until they get the disc exports sorted. I feel for you all who have been waiting this whole time.

The White Stripes Pack 01 Game Addon 12/26/2009
Wolfmother Pack 01 Game Addon 12/26/2009
"My Name Is Jonas" Game Addon 12/26/2009
Queen Pack 01 Game Addon 12/26/2009
"Don't Stop Believing" Game Addon 5/2/2009
"Renegade" Game Addon 5/2/2009
"Pride and Joy" Game Addon 3/24/2009
"YYZ" Game Addon 3/24/2009
Ten (Album) Game Addon 3/24/2009
"Losing My Religion" Game Addon 3/20/2009
"I Don't Care" Game Addon 1/23/2009
"Christmas is the Time To Say I Love You" Game Addon 1/23/2009
"The Joker" Game Addon 1/22/2009
Roy Orbison Pack 01 Game Addon 1/15/2009
"Joker & The Thief" Game Addon 12/10/2008
"Baba O'Riley" Game Addon 12/10/2008
The Singles 1992–2003 (Album) Game Addon 12/10/2008
"Tempted" Game Addon 12/2/2008
"Headphones On" Game Addon 12/2/2008
"Girls on Film" Game Addon 11/30/2008
"Promised Land" Game Addon 11/11/2008
"Charlene (I'm Right Behind You)" Game Addon 9/13/2008
"Rio" Game Addon 8/20/2008
"Runnin' Wild" Game Addon 8/15/2008
"Casey Jones" Game Addon 7/5/2008
"Call Me" Game Addon 6/6/2008
"The Perfect Drug" Game Addon 6/6/2008
"All the Small Things" Game Addon 6/6/2008
"Just What I Needed" Game Addon 6/6/2008
"Gimme Three Steps" Game Addon 6/6/2008
"3's & 7's" Game Addon 6/6/2008
"Zero" Game Addon 6/6/2008
"Rock 'N' Roll Star" Game Addon 5/23/2008
"Hysteria" Game Addon 5/23/2008
"Still Alive" Game Addon 4/1/2008
Boston Pack 01 Game Addon 3/28/2008
"Sex Type Thing" Game Addon 2/22/2008
"El Scorcho" Game Addon 2/22/2008
"Roam" Game Addon 2/6/2008
"Hard to Handle"* Game Addon 2/2/2008
"My Sharona"* Game Addon 2/2/2008
"Juke Box Hero"* Game Addon 2/2/2008
"Fortunate Son"* Game Addon 2/2/2008
"Last Train to Clarksville"* Game Addon 2/2/2008
"Buddy Holly" Game Addon 2/2/2008
"Interstate Love Song" Game Addon 2/1/2008
"My Iron Lung" Game Addon 1/31/2008
Metallica Pack 01 Game Addon 1/31/2008
Oasis Pack 01 Game Addon 1/31/2008
Holiday 2007 Single "We Three Kings" Game Addon 12/28/2007

That's way more than I thought I'd bought! Man, that was a long time ago. So when you say the track packs aren't working, do you mean like these track packs here? IE Oasis Pack 01, etc.? Or do you mean like the country track packs they sold at retail?

Oh, that's right I remember those now, thanks so much for all your help, I think I'll be happy for now with the songs I purchased (legacy DLC) until they get the disc exports sorted. I feel for you all who have been waiting this whole time.

That's way more than I thought I'd bought! Man, that was a long time ago. So when you say the track packs aren't working, do you mean like these track packs here? IE Oasis Pack 01, etc.? Or do you mean like the country track packs they sold at retail?

The retail track packs. Any song packs you bough via Xbox Live can be downloaded right now, minus the delisted ones. The only pack you have that you won't be able to download is the Metallica one.

Amneisac

The retail track packs. Any song packs you bough via Xbox Live can be downloaded right now.

Awesome! With that I think I'll get back to work and get ready to enjoy downloading all those songs tonight! Thanks again for all your help.

Edit: I actually think some of those songs are for Guitar Hero, but maybe just one or two.

Awesome! With that I think I'll get back to work and get ready to enjoy downloading all those songs tonight! Thanks again for all your help.

Edit: I actually think some of those songs are for Guitar Hero, but maybe just one or two.

We Three Kings is Guitar Hero, but the rest looks like Rock Band.

Just a recap, you'll be able to download all of those Rock Band songs when you get the game except the Metallica ones, Don't Stop Believing (yeah, I know), Runnin' Wild, and Promised Land.

So I'm trying to find some info, but searching online is proving fruitless due to all of the various issues Rock Band equipment has had over the years. I picked up the Band in a Box bundle over the weekend and the guitar works great, but the drums feel very very very off.

I'm guessing it isn't a calibration thing because the guitar seems to be working almost exactly as I'd expect. But when fooling around with the drums for the first extended period of time today - I noticed pressing down on the kick pedal, I could audibily hear the pedal connect in my living room, and then what felt like a half second later - the kick would play on the game. This panned out during play as well as I was missing streaks I felt I should have gotten - which granted, I'm rusty, but this was medium/hard level stuff.

I've updated the firmware, which didn't seem to really have any effect. Looking online, the only real piece of info I can find is that it seems like there were issues with drum fills not registering on release, but that that has been fixed via firmware update.

Is this kick pedal delay a known issue? Faulty equipment?

For what it's worth, the note scroll seemed to have frame rate issues when playing drums that I never noticed with the guitar.

So confused how this would perform drastically worse just by changing the instrument.

repeater

So I'm trying to find some info, but searching online is proving fruitless due to all of the various issues Rock Band equipment has had over the years. I picked up the Band in a Box bundle over the weekend and the guitar works great, but the drums feel very very very off.

I'm guessing it isn't a calibration thing because the guitar seems to be working almost exactly as I'd expect. But when fooling around with the drums for the first extended period of time today - I noticed pressing down on the kick pedal, I could audibily hear the pedal connect in my living room, and then what felt like a half second later - the kick would play on the game. This panned out during play as well as I was missing streaks I felt I should have gotten - which granted, I'm rusty, but this was medium/hard level stuff.

I've updated the firmware, which didn't seem to really have any effect. Looking online, the only real piece of info I can find is that it seems like there were issues with drum fills not registering on release, but that that has been fixed via firmware update.
with
Is this kick pedal delay a known issue? Faulty equipment?

For what it's worth, the note scroll seemed to have frame rate issues when playing drums that I never noticed with the guitar.

So confused how this would perform drastically worse just by changing the instrument.
This sounds a lot like the problems I've been having. When I got my RB4 bundle about a month ago, I started out by testing out the drums since those are my favorite to play.
I'm not a hardcore RB player but I used to be decent at RB drums in RB1 to RB3. I could rack up 5 star scores in Expert on a lot of songs. But when I started trying out my RB4 set I got pretty bad results and scores. I thought this might be down to me being rusty, so I tried out really simple songs that I should have no trouble with whatsoever -- still pretty much the same result.

The kick pedal didn't feel right, though I couldn't put my finger on exactly what the problem is. So to test the hypothesis that it was the pedal that was cramping my style, I first played through "What's Going On" (a REALLY simple song) on expert as usual -- I only managed to rack up 3 stars, with a lot of missed notes and broken streaks, obviously. After that, I enabled autokick mode and played through the same song on the same difficulty -- now it was an easy 5 star, with very few missed notes.
So for me it seems like the kick pedal is the villain in my extremely disappointing RB4 drum experience.

I've been thinking of trying the set out by connecting my old RB1 pedal (assuming that works at all), which wasn't great at all and which I'd been looking forward to replacing with better gear, but which at least was functional enough to enable me to play the game properly. In the long run I guess I will have to look to the possibility of playing with some kind of custom pedal -- does anyone know of any decent to good option which is compatible with the RB4 set?

If it hadn't been for freestyle guitar solos kinda reinvigorating my interest in playing guitar, my issues with the drums would have rendered my purchase of RB4 a complete letdown. It's a shame not even the hardware is up to snuff, especially considering how long this series has had to iterate (and by all accounts RB3 hardware was by and large fine, especially the drum kits).

opoth

Banned
I just noticed that DLC for RB 2, Lego Rock Band and AC/DC Track Pack is now on the Xbox Store. Take it as a good sign.

itshappening.gif

I didn't have time to sift through it, but it looks like at least some of the RB2 20 free song pack is in there too.

Hopefully they'll fix the entitlements for the other track packs soon too.

EDIT: Beat to the punch

EDIT 2: Looks like the 20 song pack is intact aside from "No Regrets" by Authority Zero

Amneisac

So we fired it up last night for the first time and it was fun to be playing Rock Band again, for sure. I do have to say that I'm really disappointed with the audio mix during gameplay, though. It sounds pretty good in the menus, the surround mix sounds good, the sub is picking up the bass guitar, but then as soon as the gameplay starts the sub level drops way off and the mix just sounds... bad.

It's not a dealbreaker or anything, but I don't recall the audio mix being as bad in previous games. Are there any tips or tricks I'm missing? I'm running a 7.1 setup and I have a 500w 12" sub, I'd really like to hear it during gameplay!

So we fired it up last night for the first time and it was fun to be playing Rock Band again, for sure. I do have to say that I'm really disappointed with the audio mix during gameplay, though. It sounds pretty good in the menus, the surround mix sounds good, the sub is picking up the bass guitar, but then as soon as the gameplay starts the sub level drops way off and the mix just sounds... bad.

It's not a dealbreaker or anything, but I don't recall the audio mix being as bad in previous games. Are there any tips or tricks I'm missing? I'm running a 7.1 setup and I have a 500w 12" sub, I'd really like to hear it during gameplay!

It sounds bad for me too. The sound samples are loud as hell during track selection but in-game it gets really quiet. The crowd still doesn't seem to be going through the rear speakers, and the microphone audio is barely noticeable, even with MIC1 volume turned all the way up. What's the point of karaoke if you can't even hear yourself?

Amneisac

It sounds bad for me too. The sound samples are loud as hell during track selection but in-game it gets really quiet. The crowd still doesn't seem to be going through the rear speakers, and the microphone audio is barely noticeable, even with MIC1 volume turned all the way up. What's the point of karaoke if you can't even hear yourself?

Yeah, it kind of surprised me. I don't know how the sound quality got substantially worse since RB3.

Top Bottom