• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rock Band 4 |OT| We're Putting The Rock Band Back Together

For some reason I thought the RB1 and RB2 exports would be coming at or around the same time, but it seems like RB1 was the focus, and now it'll probably be another month for RB2?

Is that right?

D

Deleted member 57681

Unconfirmed Member
So what tracks never did export? I can't remember them all, but I do know it included Enter Sandman and Paranoid.
Run to the Hills, and Monsoon, Hier kommt Alex and Rock 'n' Roll Star from the European version.
Are the bonus songs included? Timmy & the Lords?

MrNelson

Banned
Run to the Hills, and Monsoon, Hier kommt Alex and Rock 'n' Roll Star from the European version.
Are the bonus songs included? Timmy & the Lords?

From what I see the only ones that aren't included at the moment are the ones that were a part of that 30 song pre-order pack. They said they would add them later on.

Gorger

For some reason I thought the RB1 and RB2 exports would be coming at or around the same time, but it seems like RB1 was the focus, and now it'll probably be another month for RB2?

Is that right?

I believe they did say they were aiming for releasing rest of the exports in January or early 2016, but you might be right.

Since I am European on the PS4 I always embrace myself for huge delays when it comes to Rock Band, but hopefully it won't be too bad. They were pretty timely with RB3 and new DLC is being released on time as well. There is quite a bit of legacy DLC still missing though.

D

Deleted member 57681

Unconfirmed Member
Will be interesting to see if the European bonus tracks will already be included in the European export.
I'm guessing

no.

Gorger

I wish they could offer Enter Sandman as DLC or something. I miss playing it. Fun drums.

No dice :\

There are three tracks from the original Rock Band setlist that have never exported into any other Rock Band title. This holds true for Rock Band 4 – the following three tracks will not export from Rock Band (1):

1.Black Sabbath – “Paranoid”
2.Iron Maiden – “Run to the Hills”
3.Metallica – “Enter Sandman”

pacman85

So we are really just still not getting Enter Sandman and Paranoid as the non-cover version of Run to the Hills is available as a DLC song so you can just get that. I miss not having Enter Sandman and Paranoid as I was able to get them as custom songs on the 360. Oh well....

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Enter Sandman is still the song I miss the most from the RB1 export. Such a great song on all instruments!

Gorger

Enter Sandman is still the song I miss the most from the RB1 export. Such a great song on all instruments!

Yeah sigh.. fucking Metallica. First we lose Enter the Sandman from RB1, Battery from RB2 and now the only DLC pack they ever released. Bunch of partypoopers.

pacman85

Honestly, if you are a huge Metallica fan I would recommend sticking to Rock Band 3 on XBox 360 where someone made RB3 custom-song versions of all the songs from GH:Metallica + you can get all songs that no longer exported and the DLC pack still works. Metallica for daysssss.

Those Sabbath covers are poopoo

I want the export to go live for Xbox already, but I can wait a while since I'm at work and will be playing Dragon's Dogma tomorrow anyway.

MrNelson

Banned
I remember back in the RB1/GH3 days how much fun it was too compare the covers of the 2, like Paranoid.

I preferred the GH version personally.

It wouldn't shock me if the masters for Sabbath songs aren't suitable to be used, kind of like how the masters for Ten Speed couldn't be used because of how it was recorded.

I preferred the GH version personally.

It wouldn't shock me if the masters for Sabbath songs aren't suitable to be used, kind of like how the masters for Ten Speed couldn't be used because of how it was recorded.
Activision ended up with the masters of Sweet Leaf somehow.

Life finds a way

CloudWolf

Activision ended up with the masters of Sweet Leaf somehow.

Life finds a way
Thanks to Guitar Hero we know seveal things about Black Sabbath masters. The masters for the Masters of Reality album exist, but the masters from before that probably aren't usable, otherwise they would've used the original Paranoid instead of that godawful Ozzy & Metallica version.

chunk3rvd

Did Black Hole Sun make it over in the end? I was gutted to see it on that list of songs that hadn't appeared on the Xbox marketplace

MrNelson

Banned
Thanks to Guitar Hero we know seveal things about Black Sabbath masters. The masters for the Masters of Reality album exist, but the masters from before that probably aren't usable, otherwise they would've used the original Paranoid instead of that godawful Ozzy & Metallica version.
And now I get to beg Harmonix to get Children of the Grave.

Sweet! What a nice surprise. I'm hoping the track pack discs exports will be soon. Well, probably take care of Green Day and rock 2 first but I'm excited to get my track pack songs back sometime!

Neat. Rock Band 1 had a really good setlist in retrospect. Plus they have an excuse for Europe now, they have to prepare six more songs.

ascii42

Honestly, if you are a huge Metallica fan I would recommend sticking to Rock Band 3 on XBox 360 where someone made RB3 custom-song versions of all the songs from GH:Metallica + you can get all songs that no longer exported and the DLC pack still works. Metallica for daysssss.

*looks at PS3 version of Rock Band 3* Whelp

Guess there's nothing stopping me from playing RB1-3, but I'd rather not have to.

Top Bottom