• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rock Band 4 |OT| We're Putting The Rock Band Back Together

vg260

Yes, more than 0 would be nice, not counting their song in Lego Rock Band which I can never get.

Yeah something not from Shrek. Blech.

I just want Mr. Jones and Rain King, personally. A 3-pack would be nice.

I really wanted A Long December for RB3 when keys were still a thing. Actually they would have been good for keys in general :(

Stone Temple Pilots - Wicked Garden
Soundgarden - My Wave
Temple of the Dog - Hunger Strike

Hey, I requested all 3 of these a few months ago! Really surprised "My Wave" made the cut though! It's not exactly a well known Soundgarden song. "Wicked Garden" is my favourite STP song after "Interstate Love Song" so I'm ecstatic we're finally getting that one as well. And "Hunger Strike" is a fucking classic!

One of the best, if not the best singles week we've had in my opinion!

Still (not so) patiently waiting for packs for Roxette, Dire Straits or Toto. Or did we lose the opportunity to ever get more than one songs from these bands when keyboard was dropped?

I have a pretty narrow music taste, but I've only bought a single song in RB4 so far. At least the on-disc stuff was great.

Next weeks DLC listed: 90's Grunge

Stone Temple Pilots - Wicked Garden
Soundgarden - My Wave
90s Grunge weeks can never be perfect in my mind. There's so much choice that I'd want everything. Sure, more Soundgarden is great, but what about more Pearl Jam, Nirvana or Alice in Chains? Why can't we have all four? And why not Naked Sunday or No Memory/Sin instead of Wicked Garden?

I'm still very, very happy with this though. Best week of DLC so far by a huge margin. Next time they do a 90s week it should have 24 songs, not 3.

Still (not so) patiently waiting for packs for Roxette, Dire Straits or Toto. Or did we lose the opportunity to ever get more than one songs from these bands when keyboard was dropped?
We did get Depeche Mode's "People Are People" in the no-more-keys era, so I'd think basically anything would still be on the table. (It doesn't hurt that Dire Straits, Toto, and Roxette all have plenty of guitar too.)

repeater

So I'm having a few friends over next weekend. Hoping the RB1 export for EU Xbox is available by then, and if they could manage to squeeze RB2 in before then it would be a post-Christmas miracle of sorts.

Anyway, I'm thinking of stocking up on some DLC packs and songs I passed on before, and here's a question for you guys: when I search for songs on (my local version of, Swedish) xbox.com and get marketplace results, the RB3 versions of songs/packs for 360 are consistently 10% cheaper than the RB4 versions for Xbox One. My question now is: if I buy the 360 version from the website storefront, does that entitle me to download the same song inside RB4 on Xbox One? That would enable me to save a few bucks, which is always welcome.

Wicked Garden is so bittersweet. I can't play RB anymore since I didn't get an Xbox One and don't want to rebuy all instruments and DLC. It's also a song I really wanted to play on pro guitar. It's one of my most wanted songs though.

FyreWulff

Yep, you can still buy the RB3 version to get the RB4 version. But buying on One/PS4 doesn't entitle you to the previous gen version. So it's one way.

In fact, for any pre-RB4 songs, I plan on always buying it for 360 instead of One, just in case i want to pop back to the 360 era Rock Bands and have those songs there.

repeater

Yep, you can still buy the RB3 version to get the RB4 version. But buying on One/PS4 doesn't entitle you to the previous gen version. So it's one way.

In fact, for any pre-RB4 songs, I plan on always buying it for 360 instead of One, just in case i want to pop back to the 360 era Rock Bands and have those songs there.
Cool, thanks! This makes it even weirder that they haven't harmonized the prices across both options, but I'm not gonna complain. :p

FyreWulff

Cool, thanks! This makes it even weirder that they haven't harmonized the prices across both options, but I'm not gonna complain. :p

They haven't because Microsoft considers the 360 and One stores completely separate. Yeah, it's weird. 360 actually had it's songs still discounted for a bit after RB4 came out, they finally caught it up recently though.

Since Sony was already set up for cross-buy between PS3/PSP/Vita, their store is unified.

AgeEighty

I've never heard of any of the songs this week! But I do know of and like Soundgarden and STP, so I'll be happy to listen!

Temple of the Dog were a supergroup formed to pay tribute to Andy Wood, one of the early grunge idols whom members of Pearl Jam were in a band with. Hunger Strike was the big hit single off that record, and is a duet between Chris Cornell and Eddie Vedder. It was one of the early grunge songs and it really made you feel like all these bands were just parts of one big scene.

SFenton

We did get Depeche Mode's "People Are People" in the no-more-keys era, so I'd think basically anything would still be on the table. (It doesn't hurt that Dire Straits, Toto, and Roxette all have plenty of guitar too.)

Dire Straits is interesting. They've never been DLC for a title, they didn't export from GH5 (they did export from RB3), and they've only been on-disc in three games (GH5/WoR/RB3).

Hell just give me the GH5/WoR tracks and I'd be happy.

bobohoro

Next weeks DLC listed: 90's Grunge

Now we're talking.
Although I'd prefer several other songs off the album, but oh well.

Good luck with that. Maynard wasn't even going to budge with a licensing deal for those 3 Tool songs in GH:WT unless they created a band-specific background for them. Wouldn't be worth the hassle for HMX to do a unique backdrop just to get a few songs in the game.

I'd be cool with official music videos as backgrounds. Make it those done by Adam Jones solo and you'd get a 5-pack with Prison Sex, AEnema, Stinkfist, Schism and Parabola. Would be quite something.

chunk3rvd

Dire Straits is interesting. They've never been DLC for a title, they didn't export from GH5 (they did export from RB3), and they've only been on-disc in three games (GH5/WoR/RB3).

Hell just give me the GH5/WoR tracks and I'd be happy.

Sultans of Swing was the only good thing about Guitar Hero.

I think a problem may be that their most popular songs are quite... weird. Brothers in Arms is amazing, but it's so laidback it's almost sleeping. Money for Nothing works mostly because of the video.

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!
Sultans of Swing was the only good thing about Guitar Hero.

It's a great track, though I actually liked the Guitar Hero 5 soundtrack in general. Brianstorm, Looks That Kill, Make It Wit Chu, Sympathy for the Devil, Never Miss a Beat, there's some really good songs there that we still haven't seen in Rock Band. It's probably the best Neversoft Guitar Hero, too.

Fine then, give me their full catalog

Ugh! Fine, let me just wave my magic wand about....

Whooooosh!

OODcGXh.jpg

Happy now?

SFenton

It's a great track, though I actually liked the Guitar Hero 5 soundtrack in general. Brianstorm, Looks That Kill, Make It Wit Chu, Sympathy for the Devil, Never Miss a Beat, there's some really good songs there that we still haven't seen in Rock Band. It's probably the best Neversoft Guitar Hero, too.

Fact. Loved how many reviews criticized it for being really various, I think that was one of its strong suits.

nictron

Anyone else on PS4 getting the flashing dots instead of "Free" for the RB1 export? I verified that the purchase was in my account a couple months ago.

Temple of the Dog were a supergroup formed to pay tribute to Andy Wood, one of the early grunge idols whom members of Pearl Jam were in a band with. Hunger Strike was the big hit single off that record, and is a duet between Chris Cornell and Eddie Vedder. It was one of the early grunge songs and it really made you feel like all these bands were just parts of one big scene.

Temple of the Dog was a one-off side project by members of Soundgarden and Pearl Jam.
Sweet! I look forward to listening to them then! :)

CloudWolf

Sweet! I look forward to listening to them then! :)
The story surrounding Hunger Strike is a fun one.

The band members of what is now Pearl Jam were auditioning singers for a new band while they were also recording the Temple of the Dog album with Cornell. When it came to record Hunger Strike though, Cornell had a cold so wasn't able to fully record the song that day, especially the low vocals. Then this dude from Illinois who was just hanging around waiting to audition walked up to the mic and started singing the low parts and everybody ended up loving it. That's how Hunger Strike became a duet between Vedder and Cornell.

In fact, Hunger Strike was the first song ever released to feature Eddie Vedder's vocals. Ten by Pearl Jam wasn't released until later that year.

Scapegoat

Can't wait for the RB1 export!

Also, any Xbone players feel free to add me, Scapegoat NZ, I would have added previous people mentioned in the thread, but couldn't work out how to add people in the new UI...

Top Bottom