• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rock Band 4 |OT| We're Putting The Rock Band Back Together

Nearly every single step involved in RB4 has been hampered by Microsoft. Why are you still surprised at this point?

No Ion drums. Need an adapter that's out of stock. Delayed exports.

The only bit of solace has been the Green Day pack which sounds like a fluke more than anything else.

FyreWulff

People have confirmed Wanted Dead Or Alive is the RB3 version. I'll update my library post soon to indicate there's likely no point of grabbing the RB3 versions of disc export songs now if you have the export..

TransTrender

Gold Member
Did I read this correctly that I will never be able to export my Rock Band 1 tracks to Rock Band 4 because I never bought the export license on my PS3?
Shit....

zulux21

Did I read this correctly that I will never be able to export my Rock Band 1 tracks to Rock Band 4 because I never bought the export license on my PS3?
Shit....

correct.
that however doesn't mean that those songs won't some day show up as dlc, just that you can't do the fan loyalty export.

zulux21

Crap.
I really hope RB2 will export like RB3 did. I never bought the exports for either of these games on my PS3.
RB2 will be the same way as rock band 1
same with green day rock band
lego rock band
ac/dc ect

all of the exports that transferred to 3 are completely loyalty based and won't be available for a low price for new rock band 4 owners.

pacman85

Nearly every single step involved in RB4 has been hampered by Microsoft. Why are you still surprised at this point?

No Ion drums. Need an adapter that's out of stock. Delayed exports.

The only bit of solace has been the Green Day pack which sounds like a fluke more than anything else.
It is kinda surprising, at least to me, that Microsoft has been the bottleneck for this console generation when the 360 was the go-to console for Rock Band during the previous generation. Owning an XBone with RB4, I now know what PS3 players felt like last generation.....

Kolma

It is kinda surprising, at least to me, that Microsoft has been the bottleneck for this console generation when the 360 was the go-to console for Rock Band during the previous generation. Owning an XBone with RB4, I now know what PS3 players felt like last generation.....

I know that feel :(

I want light show DS4s...

Deadstar

Could someone help me out with some simple questions?

1. Do the Rock Band 3 wireless 360 drums work on the xbox one?

2. If so, which drum kit is more accurate, the 360 drums or the new kit? I still have my 360 drums and they work fine.

FyreWulff

Yes, with the legacy adapter

2. If so, which drum kit is more accurate, the 360 drums or the new kit? I still have my 360 drums and they work fine.

360 drums, at the moment. RB4 drums seem to have issues with fast rolls.

Kolma

apparently RB4 drums can't register really fast hits.

That said finding cymbals to work on RB3 drums are REALLY expensive.

Deadstar

apparently RB4 drums can't register really fast hits.

That said finding cymbals to work on RB3 drums are REALLY expensive.

Interesting. Well lucky enough I bought new drums and cymbals near the end of Rock Band 3's life so they are fairly new. If they work better then I may just sell my RB4 drums, I'm not sure yet. Is the guitar an improvement over the RB3 guitars?

tetsuoFI

New legacy songs on PS4 EU! I got Wanted dead or alive, Love will tear us apart, both of the songs called Walk, Maneater and Something for nothing from my old dlc catalogue.

robotrock

Banned
you have to go through the in game store.

Yeah I've got them all downloaded already. Just wondering why they don't pop up in the my add ons bit.

edit: For some reason, downloading the RB1 export today has deleted some other songs from my RB4 library. Really weird.

Maaaaaaan, it's such a shame that the RB1 & 2 exports work differently to RB3. I played the hell out of 1 & 2 on this profile but never entered the export code back in the day :(

zulux21

Yeah I've got them all downloaded already. Just wondering why they don't pop up in the my add ons bit.

edit: For some reason, downloading the RB1 export today has deleted some other songs from my RB4 library. Really weird.

not sure, I just grabbed it from the in game store and then downloaded them from the web store download list because it's way faster than hitting all those stupid arrows on the system :p

D

Deleted member 57681

Unconfirmed Member
Neat. Rock Band 1 had a really good setlist in retrospect. Plus they have an excuse for Europe now, they have to prepare six more songs.
I like Perfekte Welle way more than I should.

Having another RB party on Saturday. Naturally, I'll be firing up RB3 while explaining that RB4 is "still getting lots more songs and more improvements!"

Not ready for Prime Time.

Thanks to Guitar Hero we know seveal things about Black Sabbath masters. The masters for the Masters of Reality album exist, but the masters from before that probably aren't usable, otherwise they would've used the original Paranoid instead of that godawful Ozzy & Metallica version.

If they were going to do Paranoid that wasn't the original, they should have done the one from Ozzy's Tribute album with Randy Rhoads. That version is goddamn amazing.

D

Deleted member 57681

Unconfirmed Member
From the AMA, regarding sound issues:
Ultimately, we fixed sing-a-long volumes, fixed the center channel panned instruments (usually bass), boosted the entire game volume (it's now actually a touch louder than RB3) and re-built the output bus structure for a better surround experience.

Presumably these changes are coming in the Jan patch.

repeater

Yeah, I was psyched when I heard crowd singalongs would be back for RB4 since they were wonderful in RB1, but then I was disappointed to have to turn the crowd way down for them not to overpower the music and make the game practically unplayable. This is great news!

Gotta listen to Wicked Garden, but I'm all over the other two. Can't believe it took this long for Temple of the Dog to pop up in Rock Band.
Yes, I know the same song is in Guitar Hero Live.

vg260

Bought. Awesome pack.

Am I the only one that wants Dishwalla's Counting Blue Cars. That song is quintessential 90s.

pacman85

In for Wicked Garden and Hunger Strike. I'll have to listen to My Wave as I don't think I've heard it before.
Same here. Once I listened to the song, I recognized it. Will pick up the whole pack.
Bought. Awesome pack.

Am I the only one that wants Dishwalla's Counting Blue Cars. That song is quintessential 90s.
Nope, I would love that song in Rock Band as well!

Ninhead

Next weeks DLC listed: 90's Grunge

Stone Temple Pilots - Wicked Garden
Soundgarden - My Wave
Temple of the Dog - Hunger Strike

Best DLC pack in 3 years at least. Now let's hope that they really are fixing the bass in the mix so that it's not wasted on Wicked Garden.

Top Bottom