• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rock Band 4 |OT| We're Putting The Rock Band Back Together

ascii42

You won't be able to see anyone else in the room if you are playing multiplayer and you won't be able to see your instrument. I know looking at the toy instrument is rare in Rock Band but I still feel like Rock Band will have its immersion hurt by VR rather than helped.

Drums would be tricky. They'd basically have to replicate the rock band drum layout rather than have various drum set options, because otherwise it would just screw with your head regarding where you need to hit.

FyreWulff

Can someone explain how it's MS's fault and not Harmonix? He said they have to be in the office so it sounds like it's on their end...

Seeing as how it's live for PS4.. and this is the second time an export has gone live for Sony first even though they were submitted at the same time?

Harmonix is just being diplomatic about MS because tomorrow is a holiday.

DangerMan

Banned
So there is no way for me to get RB1, RB2, RB3, or RB2 20-pack songs on PS4? I've never owned a Rock Band on PlayStation before and I no longer own a PS3.

Seeing as how it's live for PS4.. and this is the second time an export has gone live for Sony first even though they were submitted at the same time?

Harmonix is just being diplomatic about MS because tomorrow is a holiday.
But MS operates in the states, where tomorrow is unfortunately not a holiday.

Lady Gaia

I'm in the U.S. and my company doesn't recognize it as a holiday.

Not many do, barring public services and banking industries. I've never worked for a company that did recognize it as a holiday until they year when my employer decided to add it to the annual calendar for the first time.

Ninhead

MS releases stuff every day of the week potentially. More than likely, they have to OK something, and the HMX has to do something on their end for the download to go live.

Lady Gaia

it is a federal holiday, just not as important of one as something like Memorial Day.

Not as important?! Celebrating someone whose advocacy for non-violent approaches to reconciling differences and letting diverse groups peacefully coexist led to some of the most significant social change in this country's history strikes me as every bit as important.

Not as important?! Celebrating someone whose advocacy for non-violent approaches to reconciling differences and letting diverse groups peacefully coexist led to some of the most significant social change in this country's history strikes me as every bit as important.

Not in terms of the person/achievement, but in terms of the way the nation celebrates it. More things close for Memorial Day than for MLK Day. Let's us not forget that Arizona didn't recognize it as a holiday for 6 years, and it wasn't until 2000 that every state recognized it as a holiday.

Lady Gaia

Let's us not forget that Arizona didn't recognize it as a holiday for 6 years, and it wasn't until 2000 that every state recognized it as a holiday.

The day commemorates much more recent events in the Nation's history, so of course it was adopted later. The fact that much of the South tried to stall adoption (and in Alabama the grudging adoption is co-branded as Robert E. Lee Day) is just evidence of how important it is. The fact that celebrating every citizen as equal is controversial, even today, with much of our population makes it more important to remember this day and understand the history attached to it.

The day commemorates much more recent events in the Nation's history, so of course it was adopted later. The fact that much of the South tried to stall adoption (and in Alabama the grudging adoption is co-branded as Robert E. Lee Day) is just evidence of how important it is. The fact that celebrating every citizen as equal is controversial, even today, with much of our population makes it more important to remember this day and understand the history attached to it.

I don't think the poster is trying to denigrate or downplay the day, only stressing how a lot of business don't close for it because they don't consider it a "major" holiday ala Thanksgiving or something. For example, I'm working today.

Lady Gaia

I don't think the poster is trying to denigrate or downplay the day, only stressing how a lot of business don't close for it because they don't consider it a "major" holiday ala Thanksgiving or something. For example, I'm working today.

I get that part. As I observed I've never had the day off myself until this year. I just feel it's worth spending some of the day reflecting on why it is indeed important to remember and discuss. Happy MLK Day, and rock on!

pacman85

once this game gets my full library of songs available aka all of the exports up, all the de-listed songs (also, RBN would be bonus points), track packs entitlements, and a few updates to add features/fixes to make it on par with RB3, then it will be a great game. i just hope there are people still playing by then so it makes financial sense to keep putting out DLC, updates, etc.

ElNino

Question for those who have the RB4 drum cymbals, or any cymbals I guess. How much impact do they have during gameplay? Do you need to use them for certain parts or are they optional between the cymbal and the pad.

I only had the RB1 drums before, so I've never tried using cymbals but with a RB4 kit now I'm thinking it might be fun to give it a try (even though I suck at drums).

Lady Gaia

Question for those who have the RB4 drum cymbals, or any cymbals I guess. How much impact do they have during gameplay?

When playing Pro Drums notes are specific to one of the eight triggers: kick, four pads, and three cymbals. The game uses shape as well as color to denote where each note must be played, and you must play them as written to avoid breaking streak. The basic Drums mode allow you to play colored notes as either pads or cymbals, leaving it up to your imagination which you think might be appropriate (a typical righty setup will have yellow / green / blue cymbals.)

I can't imagine playing anything less than the full Pro Drums experience. I think I stuck with standard drums for less than a week before my cymbal order arrived back in Rock Band 3. It adds immeasurably to teaching you a transferrable skill.

FyreWulff

The only ones that don't work on previous set are the RB4 cymbals (due to being full analog).

You can also use RB2/3 cymbals on an RB4 kit.

No DLC included on the EU PSN blog today, no DLC on the web store, and I guess no RB1 export on the store.

Of all the weeks, it had to be 90s week.

pacman85

I would think we have to at least get announcement about the final contents of the January update/patch this week if the download itself is not coming this week. I mean there is only this week and next week left in the month of January.

Played Reptilla and Cherub Rock again= all is right with the world.
CXlhWhTUAAA7b2b.jpg

I saw the RB4 band in a box on sale here in Mexico, about 200 USD (the current price on Amazon Mexico is around 320 USD). I already have the guitar bundle but I'm seriously considering getting it for the drums alone, thinking if I should keep the 2nd guitar around or just sell it with the extra copy of the game since I don't think I can get much out of the game on its own...

D

Deleted member 57681

Unconfirmed Member
neuebitmapdlkhh.png

Between the new and legacy DLC and the exports, working with SCEE must be so frustrating.

neuebitmapdlkhh.png

Between the new and legacy DLC and the exports, working with SCEE must be so frustrating.

Do we know details for the reasons of these delays?

I mean I can see how multiple countries increase the workload if you need to release mass amounts of content at once. (check and flag per song in which countries the content is licensed to appear, add the different language texts for each country, etc.)

I'm trying to set up the drums and I have a little problem, I'm not sure if I'm supposed to push real hard the height adjusting clamps until they "click" or something like that because at the moment they're not really doing its job, I'm just scared I'm gonna break them.

EDIT: Just figured it out!!!

FyreWulff

Do we know details for the reasons of these delays?

I mean I can see how multiple countries increase the workload if you need to release mass amounts of content at once. (check and flag per song in which countries the content is licensed to appear, add the different language texts for each country, etc.)

The reason for the delay is SCEE. Who knows why they run their section of PSN like they do, but this isn't new for them.

repeater

I'm trying to set up the drums and I have a little problem, I'm not sure if I'm supposed to push real hard the height adjusting clamps until they "click" or something like that because at the moment they're not really doing its job, I'm just scared I'm gonna break them.

EDIT: Just figured it out!!!
What did you do? I pushed real hard, was that the wrong solution?

Top Bottom