• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rock Band 4 |OT| We're Putting The Rock Band Back Together

D

Deleted member 57681

Unconfirmed Member
Welp bros, DLC sale in EU is over. All RB1 and 2 era songs are now 1.99€. Hope you got everything you wanted!
they could have given us notice though

chunk3rvd

Welp bros, DLC sale in EU is over. All RB1 and 2 era songs are now 1.99€. Hope you got everything you wanted!

Holy fuck. They not only ended the sale, but increased the price of the RB1/2 songs from £0.69 to the new DLC price of £1.69 (they were £1.19 before the sale kicked in)! Thankfully I'd bought all the songs on my wish list from that era. Going to grab all the RB3 era songs on my wish list today before they jump up to £1.69 as well

repeater

Just to be able to beat myself on the head for being stupid and missing out, what was this sale more precisely?

D

Deleted member 57681

Unconfirmed Member
Just to be able to beat myself on the head for being stupid and missing out, what was this sale more precisely?
For I think more than three years all the DLC from the RB1 and 2 era was ~50% off (0.79€) and now it's not back to 1.49€, but was actually raised to the price for new DLC, 1.99€. The sale was over in the US long ago (around the time when RB4 released), but kept going for reasons unknown in Europe. Also I don't know if this only goes for PSN, or XBL as well.

I assumed they'd at least wait with raising the prices again until all the legacy DLC was available, but I guess not.

CloudWolf

The thing with Microsoft, I think, is that they like to release DLC/ expansions/etc. for all regions at the same time. I think that that's the problem this time since the European RB1 export contained more songs than the US export and those additional songs need to be cleared before MS rolls out the export.

FyreWulff

Xbone RB1 exports aren't happening today, either

Since it sounds like it's not Microsoft farting around this time, I wonder if maybe Harmonix just doesn't have the manpower to actually work on both platforms (and across all regions) at one time anymore.

What most multiplatform devs do, is delay one platform or the other's release or submit so far ahead so they'd come out at the same time because of the perception of being fair to both sides.

Harmonix is just being more open now. If one first party doesn't get their side done in time, oh well, the other one gets the feature first.

However, Harmonix is overly diplomatic, so they're also not going to say "Microsoft is taking too long", they just say "we ...."

I much prefer them having just stuff appearing when it's done and moving on to the next content items on the list to deal with.

repeater

Long update over at the Harmonix blog.
Lots of stuff there, but two big things: January patch is now (early) February patch instead, and RB1 export for remaining platforms/territories likely won't be this week.

So the RB1 Xbox import won't even be out this week either. Harmonix just keeps on bringing the failure. RB4 is easily my most regrettable purchase of 2015.

Yes, I did.

"Unlikely we'll see them this week" = next week. What's the point you're trying to make?

They don't wanna give a concrete date, so that people like you don't bitch and complain about something that wasn't 100% confirmed for any date. Go bitch at Microsoft for having such a complicated testing and authentication process.

They don't wanna give a concrete date, so that people like you don't bitch and complain about something that wasn't 100% confirmed for any date. Go bitch at Microsoft for having such a complicated testing and authentication process.

Pretty much. Sounds like MS/SCEE are taking a long time and that's why its delayed again but there is no way Harmonix would ever come out and say that. If Harmonix gives an exact date and this same scenario happens they are gonna get yelled at even more, so why would you ever give an exact date?

Pretty much. Sounds like MS/SCEE are taking a long time and that's why its delayed again but there is no way Harmonix would ever come out and say that. If Harmonix gives an exact date and this same scenario happens they are gonna get yelled at even more, so why would you ever give an exact date?

The only date they've confirmed is early 2016. Once April 1st hits and we don't have all of our exports, then we have a reason to complain.

Last month the plan was:

We’re shooting to have these up in the store for the folks who’ve exported their prior games in January. We’re starting with the original Rock Band and then following up with Rock Band 2 and Lego Rock Band. This means there might be a week or two in January when we don’t release new DLC tracks.

So that means no chance to see RB2 and LRB this month (in Europe) I would assume?

btw: Do you have access to all the DLC that is installed for RB4 on a PS4, across multiple accounts? I bought a lot of songs and e.g. the RB1 export with one account that I still have access to. After downloading the songs with it, can I access these songs with another account that I actually play with? (same region)
Worked like that for RB3.

vg260

Yes, I did.

Then you should probably understand that there's a long complicated process for these with multiple parties in different regions involved, and that they are currently working on that process and provided a reasonable status report. Also in general, things happen in these situations and things take longer than expected, even with the best intentions. They even explained the patch delay and apologized. So, perhaps cursing them out for this is not totally reasonable and/or justified in this scenario.

Last month the plan was:

So that means no chance to see RB2 and LRB this month (in Europe) I would assume?

btw: Do you have access to all the DLC that is installed for RB4 on a PS4, across multiple accounts? I bought a lot of songs and e.g. the RB1 export with one account that I still have access to. After downloading the songs with it, can I access these songs with another account that I actually play with? (same region)
Worked like that for RB3.

I wonder if this means the RB2/LBR exports will be next month, too? (though, seeing how the RB1 export was named on PS4, maybe RB2 is mostly ready?)

So, I guess no DLC next week either. Well, besides the 90s pack that didn't come out thos week. Hopefully the RB1 export will come out at least. Then my Soundgarden collection will be complete.

Can you download the RB1 export songs via the xbox site or do you have to do it on console? Can't seem to find a way on the site. Also I'm super excited that it is out!! Having some friends over for rock band tomorrow so this is perfect timing :).

FyreWulff

Reports are that Wanted Dead Or Alive will not queue up when you do the Ready to Install, but you may be able to search it separately in the store and now download it for free.

If you are prompted to buy it for some reason, don't, wait for Harmonix to fix it.

I just checked, it's up on NA Xbox as well.

Hoo to the rah!

I can hear the drums from Maps already.

Highlights for me are the aforementioned Maps, Celebrity Skin, Cherub Rock, Creep, Here it Goes Again, Say It Aint So, Suffragette City, and When You Were Young.

When I think of the early days of Shark Attack (the band name we've carried through all four games) I think of those songs.

It's been a long time. My wife Katy is going to be so excited to play Maps tonight.

Since I'm spitting faves, here are what I am looking forwards to from Rock Band 2.

Chop Suey, Down with the Sickness, Everlong (hello, I've waited here for you...), Eye of the Tiger, Float On, Hungry Like the Wolf, One Way or Another, Psycho Killer, The Middle and White Wedding.

vg260

So, how many RB1 songs are there? Just wanna make sure I get all the ones available.

edit: nvm they just popped up in my app download list

chunk3rvd

No Euro songs is bullshit :/ Hope they get fixed in some way over time. Would be gutted to lose Beetlebum, Hysteria and Rock N Roll Star. These songs were regular DLC in the US so surely they'll carry over there which means they can make them available for EU players too?

CloudWolf

No Euro songs is bullshit :/ Hope they get fixed in some way over time. Would be gutted to lose Beetlebum, Hysteria and Rock N Roll Star. These songs were regular DLC in the US so surely they'll carry over there which means they can make them available for EU players too?

You can download them from the store, they are now regular DLC for us EU players too. It sucks that we can't get them for free, but at least there's a way to get them back. Well, except Hier Kommt Alex I guess :(

FyreWulff

It's due to all Rock Bands being considered the same thing regardless of region since RB3. Us US players lost HKA and RnR Star in RB3 even if we bought them as DLC due to the EU RB1 export. So I think technically those songs have been unlicensed as exports for a while now.

I just booted up since people saying the RB1 Export is live for Xbox One in NA.... Am I blind, when I go to the Exports page in RB4, I only see Rock Band 3. Where am I supposed to get the Rock Band 1 Export?

vg260

I just booted up since people saying the RB1 Export is live for Xbox One in NA.... Am I blind, when I go to the Exports page in RB4, I only see Rock Band 3. Where am I supposed to get the Rock Band 1 Export?

They popped up in my manage games list to the right of all my already downloaded items.

Top Bottom