• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rock Band 4 |OT| We're Putting The Rock Band Back Together

pacman85

so are the songs that didn't show up when we originally found the songs on the XBone Marketplace there now? like don't fear the reaper, etc.?

Was able to play In Bloom, which was the first song I played in RB1, and Suffragette City before I went to work today.

Does anyone else notice that the songs sound much clearer, and better than it did back on the 360? Everything just pops more.

Awesome news! I was concerned because for whatever reason the RB1 export wasn't showing up in my Xbox Live history for RB2 - but all of the tracks are there in the Manage Game menu. Downloading now!

Surprised there wasn't another 'Export Fee' come to think of it... I don't recall if we had to pay again to export RB1 songs into RB3 or if that export fee from RB1 to RB2 was a one time thing.

Awesome news! I was concerned because for whatever reason the RB1 export wasn't showing up in my Xbox Live history for RB2 - but all of the tracks are there in the Manage Game menu. Downloading now!

Surprised there wasn't another 'Export Fee' come to think of it... I don't recall if we had to pay again to export RB1 songs into RB3 or if that export fee from RB1 to RB2 was a one time thing.

Export fees have always been a one time thing.

Super excited to play through these songs again! I know back in the day people criticized RB1 for being too easy but the song choices are still A+ for a music game set list.

Nairume

Banned
Awesome! My wife was just asking about it and I was starting to tell her that Harmonix said it'd be next week before looking again and seeing that it was up.

Time to rock out to some Outlaws.

Not seeing the RB1 export on my game. And yes, I did buy it back in the day. I exported RB1 into RB2. I have been able to export RB3.

Did you even read any of the posts? It's not located in the game yet, you gotta go to the games and apps in the dashboard, go to RB4, hit start, manage game and scroll all the way to the right.

Was able to play In Bloom, which was the first song I played in RB1, and Suffragette City before I went to work today.

Does anyone else notice that the songs sound much clearer, and better than it did back on the 360? Everything just pops more.

Guitar and Vocals in "Welcome Home" sound noticably more distinctive than in the previous games mixes. I think they're preparing songs for the January patch sound fix by the looks of it. Will try out bass in a moment.

EDIT: Yup, bass in "Dani California" is better than previous games mixes too.

Scapegoat

Holy crap! So stoked it's out! What to play first... Reptilia, Suffragette City, Wave of Mutilation, Main Offender, Maps.... fuck it, I'ma recreate my day-1 experience and play Say It Ain't So on medium.

If any fellow Xboners want someone to battle it out on their friends list feel free to add me: "Scapegoat NZ". I'm mid-level expert player.

Finally getting the full RB catalogue rebuilt in incredible!!! And all with harmonies/backing vocals!!! Can't wait for next group RB sesh.

FyreWulff

Guitar and Vocals in "Welcome Home" sound noticably more distinctive than in the previous games mixes. I think they're preparing songs for the January patch sound fix by the looks of it. Will try out bass in a moment.

EDIT: Yup, bass in "Dani California" is better than previous games mixes too.

I'm going to assume that these versions of the RB1 songs may also simply just be not as compressed as the disc exports, since they were copied straight from it, and RB1's disc mastering had to account for the PS2 and Wii..

Also, even RB3 fucked up how RB1 tracks sounded. They have static and pop when played in RB3 for me. Others had the same issue.

I'm going to assume that these versions of the RB1 songs may also simply just be not as compressed as the disc exports, since they were copied straight from it, and RB1's disc mastering had to account for the PS2 and Wii..

Also, even RB3 fucked up how RB1 tracks sounded. They have static and pop when played in RB3 for me. Others had the same issue.

Yep, the RB1 songs had crackling in RB3, and I was sure it was because of the RB1 disc export being messed up.

Export fees have always been a one time thing.

Super excited to play through these songs again! I know back in the day people criticized RB1 for being too easy but the song choices are still A+ for a music game set list.

Awesome! Good to know - this should mean that the RB2 import, whenever that comes, should work the same way. And for me personally, I'm hoping that it means even though both the RB 1 and 2 export don't show up on my account as having been purchased, that this means I won't have any issues with the RB2 export being available to me.

Also, agreed on the song choices for RB1. Some classics in there, and the majority are fun to play even if it isn't your cup of tea.

Scapegoat

GOOD LORD! The Xbox One UI is absolute garbage! Sorry but I need to vent...

I go into RB4's manage content. I wait the 5-10 seconds while the list generates. I have to bumper all the way to the right side. You can't simply go left once and find yourself at the rightmost item (oh ho ho, but "conveniently" if you ever press up while scrolling the giant list it'll jump you straight back to the start! Just what I wanted!). Every time I press RB to flip to the next screen of items, there is a minimum 2 second delay as it loads the blocks in. I didn't realise the fast loading text lists for DLC on the 360 was so archiac?

I finally get to the right most side and see all the sweet RB1 tracks under ready to install! I hit install all and walk away! I come back and they're all downloaded and now nested with all the other downloaded and installed items. I boot RB4 - no new tracks. I rebuild cache - no new tracks. I go back to RB4 manage game, I scroll all the way to the right, again - I see all the RB1 tracks. I hit menu on one, go view info, it loads the store page info after 3-5 seconds, it then loads the status... "Install".... -_-....

So all of the RB1 tracks were downloaded, but not installed for some reason.... I now must access every single track manually using the dog slow "Manage Game" app, which also needs to load into the store app for EACH. INDIVIDUAL. FILE. 2/3 times when I switch to or from the Manage Game app it locks up completely requiring me to restart the app and wait a good 10 seconds before starting the entire process again (including swiping all the way to the right).

Who thought it was a good idea to replace text DLC titles with generic box graphics? WTF happened Microsoft?! How do you go from the 360 to the Bone! Sure it looks 10% nicer but it's so much clunkier!!!

Double D

Did I have to export these songs at some other point in time? I definitely own RB1 for 360 and played it on this same gamertag, but nothing is showing up on my manage games list. I never played RB3. Not sure if this matters or not.

Scapegoat

Did I have to export these songs at some other point in time? I definitely own RB1 for 360 and played it on this same gamertag, but nothing is showing up on my manage games list. I never played RB3. Not sure if this matters or not.
Unfortunately the RB1 tracks are only available to those who exported RB1 songs into RB2 back in the day.

Double D

So that's it? I can't get any of my RB1 or 2 songs into 4? This is really stupid. I'm sitting here holding the copies of my old games.

Double D

You had 7+ years to export RB1, and 5 years for RB2. Licenses expire, they don't go on forever.

Well I determined that I exported 1 into 2, but I guess I needed to export 2? I never owned 3. I'm just confused. I understand the licensing stuff, just had no idea they had expired. I just bought RB4 and heard that all the old RB stuff I owned would export into it. So, just kind of a bummer.

Well I determined that I exported 1 into 2, but I guess I needed to export 2? I never owned 3. I'm just confused. I understand the licensing stuff, just had no idea they had expired. I just bought RB4 and heard that all the old RB stuff I owned would export into it. So, just kind of a bummer.

2 you can't export anymore, but if you still have a 360, you can get RB3 used, play it for a bit, then you could export that.

Welcome Home still has the greatest Big Rock Ending in the franchise.

Naaaaah. It's up there, but that prize has to go to Foreplay/Long Time. It's one of the extra BREs added that feels natural. Also it's awesome. But I may be biased, it's one of my favourite songs of all time.

FyreWulff said:
RB1 was "let's put BREs on all the things"

Given the way that some songs ended in later games, I wish they still carried on with this. Runnin' Down a Dream feels so empty compared to its GH5 ending.

Scapegoat

Well I determined that I exported 1 into 2, but I guess I needed to export 2?

If you exported RB1 into RB2 back in the day, then you should have access to the RB1 tracks now on Xbone.

You should also be able to still export the RB3 tracks by getting your hands on a copy and playing it until you unlock an achievement, and then accessing the RB3 export option in the RB4 store > exports.

Bread

Banned
Ok so do the Xbox 360 drums from RB1 still not work on the Xbox One? That's a pretty huge bummer if true and it will probably keep me from buying the game.

CloudWolf

Oh I thought that's what the adaptor thing was for, well I think I'll just go buy a 360 and RB3 instead.
That's for wireless instruments. Wired don't work because of some changes within the infrastructure of the XONE, which is something an adapter obviously can't fix.

SlickVic

Unfortunately the RB1 tracks are only available to those who exported RB1 songs into RB2 back in the day.

This is not true from my experience. I bought the $5 RB1 export key off the Xbox marketplace the week RB4 came out and I'm currently downloading all the RB1 songs. Never owned Rock Band 1 let alone exported it in the past.

Naaaaah. It's up there, but that prize has to go to Foreplay/Long Time. It's one of the extra BREs added that feels natural. Also it's awesome. But I may be biased, it's one of my favourite songs of all time.

Given the way that some songs ended in later games, I wish they still carried on with this. Runnin' Down a Dream feels so empty compared to its GH5 ending.
Hey, I love Foreplay Longtime ending too ;)

But I absolutely love the final notes hit after the ending in Welcome Home.

Did you even read any of the posts? It's not located in the game yet, you gotta go to the games and apps in the dashboard, go to RB4, hit start, manage game and scroll all the way to the right.

Please forgive me for committing the cardinal sin of expecting it to work the same way as the RB3 export did.

Top Bottom