• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rock Band 4 |OT| We're Putting The Rock Band Back Together

The new DLC is showing for me on Xbox One.

Hunger Strike (Temple of the Dog), My Wave (Soundgarden), and Wicked Garden (Stone Temple Pilots). Did anyone else notice? Didn't see a post.

Kolma

The new DLC is showing for me on Xbox One.

Hunger Strike (Temple of the Dog), My Wave (Soundgarden), and Wicked Garden (Stone Temple Pilots). Did anyone else notice? Didn't see a post.

those just came out this Tuesday, they were announced last Friday

teddymeow

Sent into my transaction history on PSN last night and there's an RB4 entry called SCEE Dummy SKU RB1/RB2 which, when clicked on,lists a whole load of songs.

Proves I did export RB1&2 into 3. Also found the GD and LRB export keys listed.

evanmisha

LRB: The manual has a code which when used in the console store downloads a key. That key is used in LRB which is used to purchase the export. The code on the back of the manual to get the key no longer works, however last time I checked if you're on a console with the key downloaded you can still purchase the export for another account. Last time I checked this was a few months ago on a UK PS3, so your milage may vary.

Anyone with the Lego Rock Band export on an NA PSN account wanna make a deal? I'm desperate. Dunno if this even still works but I'll try anything. Please help, GAF 😭

It's great getting top 10 scores on a bunch of RB1 songs on vocals.

And then realizing that less than 20 people have played that one. Hah.

vg260

So what's going on with Bark at the Moon? I don't really understand what they're saying in their tracking sheet. It kinda sounds like it's never happening, but have they said if they are going to attempt to get it working or have they just written it off?

FyreWulff

So what's going on with Bark at the Moon? I don't really understand what they're saying in their tracking sheet. It kinda sounds like it's never happening, but have they said if they are going to attempt to get it working or have they just written it off?

The special case pack-exclusive songs are below the exports in priority. We're still supposed to get them eventually.

catabarez

Finally got my old RB drumset in the mail. Compared to my friends RB4 set this is significantly more responsive. The cymbals it came with keep sliding down though so it's kind of annoying to use them. I only paid about $50 for this set including the cymbals. I may end up getting some RB3 cymbals soon and I will eventually get a GoodWoodMods kit so it'll be much quieter.

vg260

Anyone have experience with the new Rock Band 4 cymbals?

Do you have to hit them pretty hard to register? Are they loud as a result?

vg260

They are much more responsive than the RB3 cymbals, and a tiny bit more quiet.

The ones I tried seemed harder to register hits with than the RB3 ones I had. It took a pretty strong hit to the them with the edge of the stick. They actually seemed less sensitive to me. Maybe it was a bum set.

Shark Attack's greatest hits reunion event on Sunday was a blast. We even topped the leader boards on at least one song. It won't last long, but it felt real good

This week's DLC is....

tumblr_l9qoj2jEhY1qzzud0.gif

Second time in a month, wonder if this is going to be a pattern.

vg260

They are much more responsive than the RB3 cymbals, and a tiny bit more quiet.

How hard would you say you have to hit them? I had to hit them noticeably harder than the drum pads. The only videos I saw for comparison, people are slamming on them pretty hard. Maybe most people are used to slamming on the drums pretty hard. I have to keep them on the quieter side, so maybe I was holding back. I was quite disappointed regardless. Just wondering if I should give them another shot with a different set.

They said this was gonna happen. It's due to them working on exports.

They said this was gonna happen last month in their update, then last week they said we weren't getting anything this week either. You do want your exports? Right?

Makes sense. Didn't see the news about their being no DLC earlier in the week!

Hey you know what I really want to play right now? Painkiller.

Oh! Oh! And "Any Way You Want It" and "Let There Be.....

....Oh....

itVmW4Q.png

How hard would you say you have to hit them? I had to hit them noticeably harder than the drum pads. The only videos I saw for comparison, people are slamming on them pretty hard. Maybe most people are used to slamming on the drums pretty hard. I have to keep them on the quieter side, so maybe I was holding back. I was quite disappointed regardless. Just wondering if I should give them another shot with a different set.

I hit them with the same force as I do with the drum set itself. Maybe you have faulty ones.

Sorry I've been trying to search but we just bought the band set last week and my wife wants to be able to hear herself singing like in the old ones. Did they take that out? We've been messing with the volumes but so far we haven't figured it out.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Sorry I've been trying to search but we just bought the band set last week and my wife wants to be able to hear herself singing like in the old ones. Did they take that out? We've been messing with the volumes but so far we haven't figured it out.
There's a mic volume setting in there. When you're playing a song, press start/select to pause it, and there should be a volume setting somewhere there.

You can adjust your mic volume setting, as well as the overall vocal track of the song there if I'm remembering right.

repeater

Hmmm, is there no custom setlist support in RB4? I was thinking of gathering up my favorite RB1 tracks to be able to replay them all at will.

cabot

Hmmm, is there no custom setlist support in RB4? I was thinking of gathering up my favorite RB1 tracks to be able to replay them all at will.

I think there's a chance setlists will be in the next update. Seemed to be hinted at during an AMA a few weeks back.

LegoArmo

If I have previously exported Rock Band 1 and 2 (into Rock Band 3) I should be able to play them in Rock Band 4 right? I'm only seeing the Rock Band 1 songs. Is there an extra step I need to do?

Just got the game yesterday, playing it for the first time, and I bought the RB3 export today too.

D

Deleted member 57681

Unconfirmed Member
If I have previously exported Rock Band 1 and 2 (into Rock Band 3) I should be able to play them in Rock Band 4 right? I'm only seeing the Rock Band 1 songs. Is there an extra step I need to do?

Just got the game yesterday, playing it for the first time, and I bought the RB3 export today too.
The Rock Band 2 export is not available for anyone yet. But yeah, you're good once it goes up.

FyreWulff

yes. Any export that is not RB1 or RB3 is not yet available, so you're not going to see them yet. They'll be coming up one by one soon.

LegoArmo

Thanks again. I might buy Blitz, as well, but not sure, I imagine they're done with sales now, it's still probably worth the £10.

D

Deleted member 57681

Unconfirmed Member
Oh look, there's DLC in the EU PSN update! But before you rejoice, EU brethren:
rick4jhsav.jpg

PlayStation.Blog EU said:
Rock Band 4

‘Pleasure (Pleasure)’ – Bang Camaro
‘Push Push (Lady Lightning)’ – Bang Camaro
‘Signs’ – Giant Target

wat

D

Deleted member 57681

Unconfirmed Member
I'd give anything to have Push Push (Lady Lightning) back.
Oh it's absolutely one of my favourite songs in Rock Band period (and I have it already since it was part of the 30 preorder songs). Just a weird choice for DLC in EU this week, is all.

Edit: Then again...
neuebitmapycsky.png

lol SCEE

DJ_Lae

Finally got the Rock Band exports downloaded.

Game is getting there, slowly. Just a few more to go. But man was it good to go back and blow through Won't Get Fooled Again and Dani California.

Top Bottom