• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rock Band 4 |OT| We're Putting The Rock Band Back Together

i can't ... SCEE mistakes needs to be written into a book for the future generations at this point..

*written in hope that it never happens again*

ParityBit

I was not sure where to post this question, but is there any way to play the Beatles Rock Band on the Xbox One? Either through RB4 or BC?

I was not sure where to post this question, but is there any way to play the Beatles Rock Band on the Xbox One? Either through RB4 or BC?

There is not. BC doesn't support games with peripherals, and the Beatles rights-holders are still not willing to let the songs be exported into the mainline games.

pacman85

I'm sad that the delisted songs don't come over, but I guess that's to be expected.
delisted songs will be available eventually if you bought them originally. it's another item on the list of things harmonix needs to get sorted out and they have said they will.

ParityBit

Annoys me too, especially since I only really started getting into the Beatles last year. I mean, I liked them and respected them, but I bought my first actual Beatles CD last fall.

What I love about the Beatles in RB is not that they are at all hard songs, but many can I just chill after a hard day of work and enjoy it.

I was hoping things changed with the whole streaming the Beatles music, I guess not.

Rated-G

I wonder if just having visualizations in the background, and doing without the environment or character models whenever a Beatles song comes up would satisfy that. Maybe it's not a problem if it's not the Beatles playing the song if technically no one on screen is playing the song?

breadtruck

That's for wireless instruments. Wired don't work because of some changes within the infrastructure of the XONE, which is something an adapter obviously can't fix.

This is something that makes me hesitate to buy RB4. I would vastly prefer to reuse all the plastic instruments I already have, especially considering they all still work perfectly.

Played a little Guitar Hero 5 on the PS3 this weekend and holy shit does it make me appreciate Rock Band more. The performance was crappy and dropping frames pretty consistently during songs, the HOPO notes are way harder to read as such since they're the same size as regular notes, and though the GH5 guitar feels solid, the buttons are way harder to press. Not fun at all.

vg260

Keeping my fingers crossed for another Maiden pack. Their tour starts the end of this month, so if it's gonna happen it would likely be soon.

D

Deleted member 57681

Unconfirmed Member
They teased the DLC with a pic of ALF.
ALF had it's premiere in Europe seven months after the US.
sherlock-holmes-famouhwrp5.png

Kolma

CaJv3VfWEAEuAzd.png:large

(here's the official PR)

NEW DLC ARRIVES TOMORROW FOR ROCK BAND 4

HARMONIX CONTINUES TO RELEASE GREAT NEW ROCK BAND 4 CONTENT EVERY MONTH

BOSTON, MA, February 1, 2016 – The new free game update for Rock Band™ 4 hits tomorrow as Harmonix also announces the details of the February downloadable content (DLC) that will be available for purchase. Looking ahead, Harmonix has created an exciting schedule of new artists, new tracks, and new features, as well as ongoing fixes that will be released regularly so that Rock Band 4 remains the best possible experience for fans. As always, Harmonix remains committed to listening to the Rock Band community to identify the most sought-after updates.

The heart and soul of Rock Band 4 is its phenomenal artist lineup and great tracks, and that Hall of Fame rotation just got bigger. Tomorrow’s new DLC will be available for $1.99 per track.
Available on Xbox One and PlayStation®4 on February 2, 2016:
Daft Punk ft. Pharrell Williams - “Get Lucky”
Kelly Clarkson - “Heartbeat Song”
Outkast - “Hey Ya!”

More playable songs are scheduled to be available for purchase as DLC throughout the month. The list of artists is below, with specific tracks to be announced soon! New artists on tap for February include:
Bruno Mars
Five Finger Death Punch
Generation X
J. Geils Band
Joan Jett and the Blackhearts
masaya matsuura
Motörhead
Orleans
Royal Blood
Zac Brown Band

Additionally, Harmonix is constantly listening to its fans and responding with new updates to make Rock Band 4 the ultimate experience. February’s free update includes:
Scores earned via Play a Show mode now post to the leaderboards;
New Rock Shop items include Raz’s helmet from Double Fine’s Psychonauts as well as a Whispering Rock t-shirt;
Puts the end to several scoring exploits, including the Band Overdrive issue;
Several fixes that improve scoring issues with the Freestyle Guitar Solo system;
Audio mix adjustments which result in a more “full” and “live” mix, as well as several minor bug updates.

Finally, Harmonix continues to address known leaderboard anomalies and exploits and has reset the leaderboard so that everyone starts rocking on a level new playing field.

Well, 2 out of 3 ain't bad. I'll pass on the Kelly Clarkson song, not too keen on it unlike her other two in the game, but the other two songs from this week* are definite buys.

*July 11th 2017 on EU PSN.

Can't complain about more Motorhead and some Royal Blood. Maybe Overkill '08 finally makes its RB debut?

Kolma

For those that don't know...
masaya matsuura is the founder of NanaOn - Sha aka Parappa the Rappa, UmJammer Lammy and Vib-Ribbon

sasliquid

Seeing the twitter posts in reverse order, nothing excited me

Then boom: Get Lucky and Hey Ya

....still waiting on those RB1 exports in Europe tho

zulux21

hmmm none of the songs for this week interest me. (I dislike get lucky and heart break song and I can't listen to outcast's hey ya when this version exists.)
none of the new artists really interest me.
and none of the update stuff interest me (update feels really lackluster to me)

guess I don't have to care about rock band 4 at all this month.

I don't like this new format... at least in the past I could hold out hope :(

I suppose those are just new artists to maybe I will get a song or two from artists I like that are already in the game.

For those that don't know...
masaya matsuura is the founder of NanaOn - Sha aka Parappa the Rappa, UmJammer Lammy and Vib-Ribbon

yup, had to look it up and got slightly interested... then remembered that keyboard isn't part of rock band 4 and just got sad :/

Hey Ya! and Get Lucky are surefire purchases for me! That's the sort of top 10 shit I love! Heartbeat Song is sloppy musical diarrhea for me so that's getting a wide berth. Orleans being a future DLC pick is a big fucking deal for me! Fantastic group, they got overlooked so often. Hope "Let There Be Music" is the song they use from their discography!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zEt9PPBGfJA

Motörhead, Generation X, Joan Jett & The Blackhearts, J. Geils Band, & FFDP are all very welcome as well! Zac Brown Band is a mixed bag, hope they pick "Heavy Is The Head" or "Graveyard"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gn04sCD3Hb4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WWBm4Tx2bRo

D

Deleted member 57681

Unconfirmed Member
Some cool tunes. Looking forward to playing them in April.

And Overkill would just be
Kreygasm.png

robotrock

Banned
YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I will take that Daft Punk and Hey Ya, thank you very much. Now add the rest of RAM please.

Especially Instant Crush.

CloudWolf

Hey Ya is a must-buy, I'll skip the shitty The Middle rip-off and I'm really not sure about Get Lucky. One one hand I'm really happy that Daft Punk is finally coming to Rock Band since it's one of my favorite electronic acts, on the other hand I'm really disappointed that it's Get Lucky. It's probably one of my least favorite DP songs and the guitar will be hell.

Calcium

Banned
Wow, that's some nice DLC. I'll be getting Daft Punk for sure.

So I was just playing the game and I was trying to get gold on Valhalla. I'm at like 47 gold stars and I really want to get to 50. 75% through the song my fucking drum stick snaps and without missing a beat I flipped the stick around and finished with the other end and wound up getting the gold. I'm not even mad about the stick breaking, that was fucking awesome.

Top Bottom