• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rock Band 4 |OT| We're Putting The Rock Band Back Together

Full patch notes.

Design Adjustments
• PLAY A SHOW mode scores now post to leaderboards
• Now possible to send Taunts from PLAY A SHOW mode

Scoring Exploit Fixes
• Fixed exploit where drummers could deploy Overdrive twice
• Fixed exploit where players could artificially increase score by exploiting calibration/breakneck speed
• Removed exploit known as “Band Overdrive Squeeze,” where players could get a higher score by strategically having a local player fail out to conserve Overdrive Energy
• Enabled individual high score resets in leaderboards going forward (to avoid full wipes in the case of new exploits)

Freestyle Guitar Solo-related Fixes
• Disabled mid-song Freestyle Guitar Solo toggling (which prevents a bunch of issues, like most of the stuff below)
• Fixed crash that could occur on songs with both Freestyle Guitar Solos and Big Rock Endings
• Fixed issue where drum streak would break on several songs with Freestyle Guitar Solos
• Drum fills now exist during certain song sections when Freestyle Guitar Solos are turned on
• Fixed tempo issues with certain on-disc songs after the first solo
• Fixed issue where Freestyle Guitar Solos were not forced on during the Freestyle Guitar Solo tutorial
• Fixed crash that would occur when switching to an authored solo from the Freestyle Guitar Solo on "Suffragette City”

Audio Adjustments
• Fixed sing-a-long volumes
• Fixed the center channel panned instruments (usually bass)
• Boosted the entire game volume
• Re-built the output structure for a better surround sound experience
• “High Score” no longer screams at you on the Song Results screen

New Stuff in the Rock Shop
• Psychonauts helmet
• Psychonauts “Whispering Rock” tee
• SCRUFF baseball hat

Other Fixes
• Fixed issue where filtering to "Nightmare" difficulty songs would jump to "Nightmare" by Avenged Sevenfold (and other similar issues)
• Fixed crash that occurred from jumping into a song directly from an Activity Feed taunt
• Fixed crash that occurred when entering Endless Solo Mode if library cursor was previously on a song that didn’t contain a solo
• Fixed crash that occurred from selecting a locked city in Career Mode
• Fixed crash that occurred when switching profiles on the “Show Complete” screen
• Fixes issue where you could send Taunts while in Career mode
• Fixed camera/animation issues in “Fever”
• Fixed stupid-looking redundant text in Showcase announcements
• Fixed issue where some shows called “All Apprentice Songs Set” actually used Moderate tier songs
• Fixed issue where drummer was “floating” during some animations
• Fixed issue where the strum bar no longer allowed you to select letters in the Search field
• Fixed missing green “Continue” icon on “Show Complete” screen in Career mode
• Fixed issue where you couldn’t back out of the “Search” function in the Store
• Fixed some issues with Activity Feed taunts not updating
• Fixed missing text in the Freestyle Guitar Solo menu
• Several localization/translation fixes
• Overdrive deployment visual effects no longer remain active for entire song if one player fails out while another player has Overdrive deployed*

Also, reiterating what we've said earlier, the leaderboards have been wiped, so they're shiny and empty and ready for you to post your new scores. Go forth and rock!

EDIT: Post Notes Patch Notes - v1.1

pacman85

I am so excited to see what Harmonix is doing to the sound mix. It's been one of my biggest gripes with the game since launch. Volume is all over the place, bass is weak, audience isn't in rear, etc.
same, now that the patch is out, i'm looking forward to testing out the changes. hopefully the game sounds better!

Kolma

Thank you for the bass boost Harmonix.
uMVRk40.gif

CloudWolf

Loving the new sound mix, Harmonix.

Also, something I noticed that wasn't in the patch notes, the menu songs are now instrumentals, like it was in previous Rock Band games.

Bass is definitely up. Might have to tone down my sub.

Or turn off the bass boost option in the game. I liked how you could feel the bass drum when it kicked even if you were playing guitar. The mix is much better now, allowing you to hear not just the bass drum, but the bass much clearer now.

D

Deleted member 57681

Unconfirmed Member
Oh God it sounds so good now hhnnnnngg
I bet setlists will be the big thing in the next update.

It has come to my attention with this update that I only have a couple of people in my friends list playing RB4. Anybody want to throw me an add? It's echoshifting on PSN. Thanks.

D

Deleted member 57681

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah, I'd like more people to compare scores with as well. Clown_im_OP on PSN.

Have to admit, playing bass on a standard Stereo mix is STILL pretty shit. All the game needs is RB3's toggleable bass boss option and that shit'll sound good again on ALL setups, even on basic setups like mine!

Dear Harmonix,

I never, ever want to play a Freestyle Guitar Solo. Please let me disable that feature once and never think about it again.

Love,
Duncan

FyreWulff

Dear Harmonix,

I never, ever want to play a Freestyle Guitar Solo. Please let me disable that feature once and never think about it again.

Love,
Duncan

Well, you're in luck. The patch disabled the ability to toggle them in the song at all. It's stuck at whatever you set it at in options until you change it.

D

Deleted member 57681

Unconfirmed Member
Huh, did they fix the previews crapping out when browsing through the library too long? Didn't happen when I did it just now, while before they would just stop after a few songs.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Okay, I LOVE the new audio mix. The songs sound even BETTER! However, since they fixed the crowd singalongs as well, on some songs you can BARELY hear them now! ;( I know that on certain songs they were loud as fuck, but I personally loved how they sounded before this patch. It's the only bummer thing for me about this audio mix so far. I can barely hear the crowd sing.

Aside from that, everything else sounds fantastic. Love playing bass now.

zulux21

Okay, I LOVE the new audio mix. The songs sound even BETTER! However, since they fixed the crowd singalongs as well, on some songs you can BARELY hear them now! ;( I know that on certain songs they were loud as fuck, but I personally loved how they sounded before this patch. It's the only bummer thing for me about this audio mix so far. I can barely hear the crowd sing.

Aside from that, everything else sounds fantastic. Love playing bass now.

might have to download it and give this song a go on bass tomorrow :p

Rated-G

Get Lucky's bass sounds particularly strong compared to every other song I've played tonight. I've played about 45 songs tonight and playing bass on that song almost sounds distorted it's so strong. It may just be the way the song is, but it's a large enough difference that while at my current calibrated settings for my surround system all of the other songs are producing a satisfying kick, I almost feel like I may have to adjust my subwoofer when playing this song. I'm still trying to find other songs that give me this impression, but no luck so far.

Also, man the guitar for that song is incredibly unfun. Thankfully the bass is enjoyable.

I'm really liking the overall game audio mix now, far preferable to what it was before. I love that the menu songs are instrumental now, it's a nice touch I hadn't even realized I'd missed. I will say though, that while I do prefer the crowd sing a long volume the way it is right now as opposed to how overpowering it was pre-patch, it does seem a little too weak now, not quite at that sweet spot previous games had. It's not bad enough that I'd demand it get fixed or anything, but I'll always welcome improvements to the sound mix if Harmonix is willing to keep fine tuning it.

cabot

Damn setlists must surely be easy to sub in, it's already there in tour mode with all song setlist.

What's the hold up?

Hoping the RB2 export goes live before Friday...either way, my wife and I are going to rock out a lot this weekend!

Kicking myself for not buying and exporting Lego Rock Band when it was available. At least the Blitz "export" still works. Nice to get all of those songs for $.60!

evanmisha

Once again, begging anyone with a Lego Rock Band export on their North American PSN account to PM me. Will pay very, very, very well.

ineji

Neo Member
Hoping the RB2 export goes live before Friday...either way, my wife and I are going to rock out a lot this weekend!

Kicking myself for not buying and exporting Lego Rock Band when it was available. At least the Blitz "export" still works. Nice to get all of those songs for $.60!

$0.60?!

D

Deleted member 57681

Unconfirmed Member
There's still no RB1 export of EU PS4s right? I havent just missed it somehow? It's getting ridiculous
Nope. I guess it takes another Eurogamer article for SCEE to stop being terrible for a week again.

Ninhead

Watching DVR'd episodes of VH1 Classic's "120 Minutes" this afternoon, and I can't help but wonder why so much great 80's and 90's stuff hasn't made it into the game as of yet. Where's "Supernova" by Liz Phair? Where's ANY Matthew Sweet (I remember something of a kerfuffle about "Girlfriend" being in GH2, but man oh man, how great would "Sick of Myself" be?) Reverend Horton Heat? Fishbone? "Seether" by Veruca Salt? "Dyslexic Heart" by Paul Westerberg?

I mean, think about it- a lot of us (maybe less than I think, I dunno), grew up in that time. They're all out touring (except for Westerberg, really). Is it really as simple as us not spamming the shit out of the request feature?

Watching DVR'd episodes of VH1 Classic's "120 Minutes" this afternoon, and I can't help but wonder why so much great 80's and 90's stuff hasn't made it into the game as of yet. Where's "Supernova" by Liz Phair? Where's ANY Matthew Sweet (I remember something of a kerfuffle about "Girlfriend" being in GH2, but man oh man, how great would "Sick of Myself" be?) Reverend Horton Heat? Fishbone? "Seether" by Veruca Salt? "Dyslexic Heart" by Paul Westerberg?

I mean, think about it- a lot of us (maybe less than I think, I dunno), grew up in that time. They're all out touring (except for Westerberg, really). Is it really as simple as us not spamming the shit out of the request feature?

If you really grew up in that time, you'd remember it was on MTV :p

edit: oh apparently these are different shows!

FyreWulff

Rock Band requires:

- The song to have split masters (The rest of Who's Next, and Danger Zone were wanted but were lost or don't have split masters, respectively )
- The label willing to sign off
- Everyone involved in the making of the specific song signing off
- Enough interest in the song to make it viable to spend money acquiring and charting and pushing through test

And yes, using the Request page helps, they've outright said they use the requests to show labels and record companies interest in a song. But it also needs to meet at least those 4 requirements above.

Ninhead

Rock Band requires:

- The song to have split masters (The rest of Who's Next, and Danger Zone were wanted but were lost or don't have split masters, respectively )
- Enough interest in the song to make it viable to spend money acquiring and charting and pushing through test

And yes, using the Request page helps, they've outright said they use the requests to show labels and record companies interest in a song. But it also needs to meet at least those 4 requirements above.

That just sounds... exhausting. Guess I'm just gonna keep singing them in the shower.

CloudWolf

That just sounds... exhausting. Guess I'm just gonna keep singing them in the shower.

In the old days HMX used to post production blogs on the website, one of them was about the process of creating a song for Rock Band. I think they said that the entire process takes several months.

Kolma

Rock Band requires:

I would gladly take a cover of Danger Zone at this point.

Should I get this on Xbox or PS? There is no online play right? I own a few songs on the Xbox and I heard SCEE has been having issues with songs? Do I need a legacy adapter for wired controllers or just wireless?

Top Bottom