• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rock Band 4 |OT| We're Putting The Rock Band Back Together

I hate to say it, but when I heard Mad Catz was banking on Rock Band 4, I was like, yikes.

I love the game, but I know the audience is small.

It's also so frustrating that so many people seem to take glee in wanting it to fail.

Not just the glee of waiting for it to fail, but the sheer vitriol leveled at the game and Harmonix if anything is less than perfect when they have been very upfront about issues with the game.

If it goes under, I will be sad, but I will also be thankful that at least they tried and went down swinging.

vg260

Not just the glee of waiting for it to fail, but the sheer vitriol leveled at the game and Harmonix if anything is less than perfect when they have been very upfront about issues with the game.

Yeah, that's what bothers me the most. I feel like they have been as upfront as possible, are extremely reasonable in relaying information, but anytime something gets delayed outside of their control or anything isn't perfect, we get stuff like "LOL, what a joke. Another FAIL Harmonix" from the supposed fans of the game. I feel like so many people have no perspective on the situation.

The people that want it to fail seem to be those who aren't even interested in the product, which makes no sense, since Harmonix is a music game company primarily, and it's not like they're losing out on other games. If you don't like it, don't buy it.

FyreWulff

To put it in perspective, Amplitude didn't sell enough to make DLC worth doing. Harmonix has been open about that. And it only needs the standard controller.

RB4 is getting weekly DLC outside of the weeks where export work came first. It clearly sold enough to make DLC doable. And it requires special peripherals.

Ban Puncher

Picked up a Rock Band 4 PS4 guitar & game combo today as the price dropped from $249 AUD to $99 AUD. Band in a Box also dropped from $499 to $249 but still too rich for my taste.

All my previous Rock Band (and Guitar Hero) experience was on 360 so I have nothing to import. Any recommendations?

I already got Babymetal 'Gimme Chocolate!!' in my cart because I am a massive dork.

Xeroblade

Ive been out of the loop for a while with RB4, I didnt even know they were releasing weekly dlc :( Are RB1 songs available yet? What else have I missed?

Is it wishful thinking that we'll get RB2 export this month? I don't remember them talking about it since they mentioned it (and RB1) coming in January and we're already a week through February.

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
Well i'm still waiting for a way to buy a rock band 4 guitar alone ...

Still waiting

They've been selling standalone guitars since last year. And Last time I checked, they were selling the game + guitar at gamestop for $80, prices for stand alone guitars were $100 AFAIK.

then again, this applies if you are in the U.S.

Is it wishful thinking that we'll get RB2 export this month? I don't remember them talking about it since they mentioned it (and RB1) coming in January and we're already a week through February.

They've been targeting exports for a while, I'd say we have a good chance in feb. They were really gunning to get everything done come January. All the tracks are in the xbox store, it's just a matter of transferring the entitlements for every account, all regions that would be holding things up.

This week's dlc is pretty great, I was never a bruno mars fan but after Fantasia and dance Central, I'm a fanatic so the two songs are a nice touch!

So does the mad catz news have anybody else worried about ordering cymbals for rock band...will the price drop? Is mad catz going under?

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
So does the mad catz news have anybody else worried about ordering cymbals for rock band...will the price drop? Is mad catz going under?

I traded in some stuff last week so I could get some cymbals, but they don't have any in stock on gamestop's website :(

Kolma

Harmonix will just find another company to make the instruments/cymbals just like they got MadCatz to do it when EA left.

Harmonix will just find another company to make the instruments/cymbals just like they got MadCatz to do it when EA left.

No one else is going to want to make them if RB4 isn't doing well enough to justify it. MadCatz bet a lot on RB4 and it doesn't seem to be paying off.

https://twitter.com/RockBand/status/697492753933012992

Setlists are coming in April.

No one else is going to want to make them if RB4 isn't doing well enough to justify it. MadCatz bet a lot on RB4 and it doesn't seem to be paying off.

Actually they stated in their call yesterday that the game has exceeded expectations. It's only the guitar bundle that flopped.

And Mad Catz is in this situation, not because of RB4, its other factors.

Just xbox binged "Joan Jett" for the latest DLC and got "Bad Reputation" from Rock Band 2 in the results. Labeled as bundle only. Wonder if this means the export is close to coming out.

FyreWulff

They're also going to update charts and add guitar charts to songs with no guitar part (I'm assuming mostly 5keys->guitar transfers) and fix up other charts:

As an early heads up, we're making a ton of individual song fixes in our back catalog in April. These are addressing things like adding guitar parts to songs with no guitar, broken disco flips, guitar track mutes, various charting issues notes, and more. If there are any authoring changes required to make these fixes, we will wipe individual song leaderboards for the affected songs. I'm going to have a final list of which songs will be addressed in the coming weeks, which you'll see as soon as I do.

FyreWulff

I really hope this means some songs that obviously should have charted bass solos will now get them.

But they've historically been stingy with charting bass solos even after they were supported.

Actually they stated in their call yesterday that the game has exceeded expectations. It's only the guitar bundle that flopped.

And Mad Catz is in this situation, not because of RB4, its other factors.

Good to hear the game is doing well then. Standalone drumsets still aren't available and with no ION support in sight I might need to get one. Are they still gonna come out?

pacman85

i keep seeing people post that stand-alone versions of instruments aren't available yet i can get on amazon and search for the RB4 version of any instrument and it's available with prime shipping. is this an issue of they are available in the US but nowhere else in the world?

Thanks for the old news.

Lol. Nobody posted that link in this thread yet. You're always so hostile towards me because I don't fall in the fanboy line and actually criticize the shit way this game has been handled when I've paid my money to do so. Somehow, this seems to personally offend you. Do you work for Harmonix or something?

By the way, it's been over four months now. Still no Rock Band 2 export. Would it offend you if I said I'm not happy about that?

Expert Guitar and Bass FC's on "Speed Fighter" bitcheeees!

T1ChDga.jpg

The bass deserves that final tier rating! Rest of the DLC should be a cakewalk now!

Lol. Nobody posted that link in this thread yet. You're always so hostile towards me because I don't fall in the fanboy line and actually criticize the shit way this game has been handled when I've paid my money to do so. Somehow, this seems to personally offend you. Do you work for Harmonix or something?

By the way, it's been over four months now. Still no Rock Band 2 export. Would it offend you if I said I'm not happy about that?

People were already talking about the Mad Catz news in here already, then you post a link to something that everyone already knew. Maybe you should take your time to read the thread.

And there's a point of constructive criticism, you just shit on everything Harmonix does just because you feel like it.

RB2 export is very soon. But don't get mad at Harmonix when it's up on the PS4 before the Xbox.

Mr. Enigma said:

PROh1bited said:
People were already talking about the Mad Catz news in here already, then you post a link to something that everyone already knew. Maybe you should take your time to read the thread.

And there's a point of constructive criticism, you just shit on everything Harmonix does just because you feel like it.

RB2 export is very soon. But don't get mad at Harmonix when it's up on the PS4 before the Xbox.

Maurice-Moss-Eating-Popcorn-The-IT-Crowd.gif

They were talking about the rumblings that came out a few days ago. All I did was post a link to the exact numbers and details that came out today. I didn't post "HEY GUYS I DON'T KNOW IF YOU HEARD THIS YET BUT MADCATZ IS FUCKED!" There's no need to be a smart ass to me about it.

opoth

Banned
Still don't understand the negativity around this game. It's not perfect but its going places. Its met my expectations and I guess exceeded them since they are now an indie without any real backing trying to put humpty dumpty back together again and manage a fresh flow of content at the same time.

I'd like to see online play eventually and ION support for those that own them but that last one is on MS.

They were talking about the rumblings that came out a few days ago. All I did was post a link to the exact numbers and details that came out today. I didn't post "HEY GUYS I DON'T KNOW IF YOU HEARD THIS YET BUT MADCATZ IS FUCKED!" There's no need to be a smart ass to me about it.

You have every right to be mad at something you payed for, and didn't get what you expected.

I've been critical of Harmonix, trust me I don't work for them. Slowly but surely the game is getting better.

Sorry if you thought I was being a dick, that wasn't my intention.

Apparently some people are also getting AC/DC and the RB2 Bonus 20. I only got RB2 and Lego but since they're not actually installing I suppose it doesn't really matter.

Kolma

For the RB2 and Lego on Xbox One.

It's missing the 9 bonus tracks (they were part of the 30 song preorder so Dunno if it will be missing for those that don't already have it)

Also both Bon Jovi Songs are missing (good riddance) Probably due to them getting re-releases.

FyreWulff

For the RB2 and Lego on Xbox One.

It's missing the 9 bonus tracks (they were part of the 30 song preorder so Dunno if it will be missing for those that don't already have it)

Also both Bon Jovi Songs are missing (good riddance) Probably due to them getting re-releases.

for the RB1 export they just granted people the store version for free if they hadn't bought it yet, probably going to be the same story for RB2 and Lego jovi songs

Kolma

for the RB1 export they just granted people the store version for free if they hadn't bought it yet, probably going to be the same story for RB2 and Lego jovi songs

Yeah it already shows up as purchased for me, I just can't download them (they end up saying $1.99)

I'm not heavily concerned, RB2 and LRB made me play those songs over and over till I hated them... maybe it's time to accept them again.

D

Deleted member 57681

Unconfirmed Member
Can't link right now, but setlists are coming in April, another leaderboard wipe in March.

By now I'm pretty much convinced that us EU PSN peasants will get the exports either all at once, or not for a very long time. Not even mad anymore.

cabot

Damn set lists being so far is a bummer, at least it doesn't take ages to load a song.

I assume people that can see the exports are on Xbox US?

Top Bottom