• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rock Band 4 |OT| We're Putting The Rock Band Back Together

FyreWulff

Should I get this on Xbox or PS? There is no online play right? I own a few songs on the Xbox and I heard SCEE has been having issues with songs? Do I need a legacy adapter for wired controllers or just wireless?

If you only had a few songs then it's really whichever console you prefer.

SCEE is still having issues with songs. They probably will always be eternally delayed.

Legacy adapter is for wireless controllers on Xbox. No wired instruments are supported on Xbox at this time due to MS policy.

PS4 supports wired and wireless PS2/PS3 instruments with no extra adapter

If you only had a few songs then it's really whichever console you prefer.

SCEE is still having issues with songs. They probably will always be eternally delayed.

Legacy adapter is for wireless controllers on Xbox. No wired instruments are supported on Xbox at this time due to MS policy.

PS4 supports wired and wireless PS2/PS3 instruments with no extra adapter

Hmm I see. Is there a list of songs that are missing from SCEE?

Gobbly

Banned
Should I get this on Xbox or PS? There is no online play right? I own a few songs on the Xbox and I heard SCEE has been having issues with songs? Do I need a legacy adapter for wired controllers or just wireless?
Buy it on the American PSN if you don't already have any exports. Songs etc will be cheaper, the game itself will be cheaper and you'll get everything first. You'll be able to export the Rb3 songs. Do NOT buy it from SCEE. Wired instruments only work on Playstation, not Xbox.

Watching DVR'd episodes of VH1 Classic's "120 Minutes" this afternoon, and I can't help but wonder why so much great 80's and 90's stuff hasn't made it into the game as of yet. Where's "Supernova" by Liz Phair? Where's ANY Matthew Sweet (I remember something of a kerfuffle about "Girlfriend" being in GH2, but man oh man, how great would "Sick of Myself" be?) Reverend Horton Heat? Fishbone? "Seether" by Veruca Salt? "Dyslexic Heart" by Paul Westerberg?

I mean, think about it- a lot of us (maybe less than I think, I dunno), grew up in that time. They're all out touring (except for Westerberg, really). Is it really as simple as us not spamming the shit out of the request feature?

I'd definitely be down for more Westerberg/Replacements! Also I'd rather have Volcano Girls than Seether ;)

cabot

Got around to playing with the update last night, the new sound mix is a hell of a lot better than what was before.

I was blaring at high volumes and having an absolute blast doing so.

Just the RB2 export to go!

CloudWolf

Got around to playing with the update last night, the new sound mix is a hell of a lot better than what was before.

I was blaring at high volumes and having an absolute blast doing so.

Just the RB2 export to go!
Lies! We also still need LEGO: Rock Band, aka the best export. Can't wait to play Ghostbusters, Monster and The Final Countdown with harmonies.

catabarez

Finally got my RB3 cymbals and they are significantly better than the RB2 ones. I can't decide if one of them is a little spotty or not. It's not as great as playing with my ION drums, but I'm sure once I get the GoodWoodMods it'll be comparable.

zulux21

The RB1 vocal engine was strict as hell

i should goof around with stuff more on rock band 4 but through out rock band I have merely played on medium as I like to imitate a lot of the singers and higher than medium rock band usually is to strict to imitate a singers Vibrato :/ I can do the songs just fine with a flat pitch but that isn't fun lol.

Hutty211

Anyone else find the bass in the new mix actually a bit too overpowering? I'm playing on a system with a dedicated sub, nothing too crazy, but it's a bit much. I never played the previous games with this particular setup, so I can't compare, but I'm hoping for a bass boost toggle in a later patch. I can see how this would sound better on most setups, it's just kind of muddy as is on mine. (disclaimer, only played a bunch of Paramore songs so far, if that matters)

What stats actually reset? It seems random like some songs I've been playing since the beginning have no stats and some songs I just got have them.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
How come bark at the moon and peace sells arent downloadable but rest of album are

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
Bark at the Moon was pack exclusive and Harmonix is doing the exports before they focus on songs with entitlement issues and Peace Sells is part of the Rock Band 2 export.

so if i buy the pack on store ill get bark at the moon ?

I have a big delay issue with the Mic on ps4. Anyone have similar issues or an idea on how to solve it? Using HDMI out at the moment, directly to the TV.

Songs are already up on AU PSN store:

Generation X - Dancing With Myself
J. Geils Band - Love Stinks
Joan Jett - I Hate Myself For Loving You
Massaya Matsuura - Speed Fighter
Orleans - Still The One

Down for the former three.

Looking forward to playing Dancing With Myself again, one of my favourites from GH5. IHMFLY is a nice little repeat too. The rest I'll have to listen to, but so far it seems like a good week.

D

Deleted member 57681

Unconfirmed Member
Always down for more Billy Idol. The rest isn't for me.

Nooooooow, about them exports....

pacman85

Nice Valentines Day pack. Will pick up a few of the songs, at least. Harmonix confirmed to someone on Twitter that every week in February will have DLC so we only have 4 artists remaining to have songs from this month. Maybe one or two weeks will have a pack of songs from one of these bands? Let the speculation begin!
More playable songs are scheduled to be available for purchase as DLC throughout the month. The list of artists is below, with specific tracks to be announced soon! New artists on tap for February include:
Five Finger Death Punch
Motörhead
Royal Blood
Zac Brown Band

Few good tracks there. Not into the Bruno Mars stuff and Speed Fighter is one hell of a weird pick that just seems like Amplitude leftovers.

Nice Valentines Day pack. Will pick up a few of the songs, at least. Harmonix confirmed to someone on Twitter that every week in February will have DLC so we only have 4 artists remaining to have songs from this month. Maybe one or two weeks will have a pack of songs from one of these bands? Let the speculation begin!

Motorhead is probably Overkill and a couple of tracks from Bad Magic. Wouldn't be half surprised if Royal Blood, Zac Brown Band and Five Finger Death Punch are lumped together in a singles weeks with Figure It Out, Heavy is the Head and House of the Rising Sun.

vg260

What is the difference between that Generation X version and the Billy Idol song? I only remember the Billy Idol 80s video.

Out of all the bands from there, Motorhead look like the most likely candidate for a 6-pack for the final week of the month. Next week will be singles by the other three bands. Can't speak for two of the bands, but I'm guessing the Royal Blood song will be either Little Monster or Figure it Out, and I'll go for the former as it was in GH Live.

zulux21

a number of fine songs this week, but nothing that I feel I need to add to my playlist as while I don't mind a number of the songs, I don't think I would actively choose to play any of them either.

Kolma

They did update the blog though!
http://www.harmonixmusic.com/blog/dlc-week-of-28-love-is-where-the-band-is/

Code:
[IMG]http://webcdn.harmonixmusic.com/media/blog/featured/2.8_DLC_Announce_Twitter.png[/IMG]

Hey lovebirds!

Getting into the lovey-dovey spirit this week? We've got some tunes that will make any heartthrob melt. And don't think we've forgotten everyone else! Sometimes, it's better to kick it solo. More chocolate for yourself, right? We're in the business of love here at Harmonix, and we've come with good tidings for all with this week's new Rock Band 4 DLC!

The following singles can be purchased individually for $1.99, starting tomorrow:

Bruno Mars - "Locked Out of Heaven"
Bruno Mars - "Treasure"
Generation X - "Dancing With Myself"
Joan Jett - "I Hate Myself For Loving You"
The J. Geils Band - "Love Stinks"
masaya matsuura - "speed fighter"
Orleans - "Still The One"

VIDEO: Rock Band 4 DLC Week of 2/8

One of our other rhythm-loving Harmonix titles, Beat Sports, is getting a new update in time for the big chocolate-stuffing, card-reading day! Beat Sports features the track "speed fighter" by masaya matsuura, who is a renowned Japanese musician and game maker, as well as the creator of Parappa the Rapper. This track will be available as DLC for Rock Band 4 this week. Check out Beat Sports on Apple TV today!

* Please note that DLC tracks will not be available for purchase until Tuesday, February 9th.

MrNelson

Banned

What I want: Royal Blood pack

What we'll get: Motorhead pack

Top Bottom