• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rock Band 4 |OT| We're Putting The Rock Band Back Together

opoth

Banned
Can chime in that RB2 and RB:L exports are looking good here on US XB1. No luck on AC/DC or the RB2 20 song pack yet though. I hope they fix the other track pack entitlements soon but this is a great step in the right direction.

BrokenBox

I was able to install RB2 and Lego. Queen downloaded automatically, both Bon Jovi songs had to be downloaded from the Store. That's so weird.

ALSO I AM HAPPY.

pacman85

Glad to hear the RB2 and LRB exports are out there for us XBone users. Will install tonight. So which songs exactly need to be manually searched for and installed? Just Livin' on a Prayer and You Give Love a Bad Name by Bon Jovi?

Also, bring on AC/DC and track packs now! Then work out all of the kinks to the pack exclusive and delisted songs and we will finally be good to go. Hopefully that's done by the April update with Setlists. Looking like once April is over this game will be at the point I was hoping it would be at when it shipped. Other than more song filters for Quickplay and lack of keys/pro-keys but I don't see these things getting added.

So, played some of my favourite RB2 songs on Expert Guitar.

"Ace of Spades 08" by Motorhead: 100% FC
"Alabama Getaway" by The Grateful Dead: 100% FC
"The Middle" by Jimmy Eat World: 100% FC
"The Trees (Vault Edition)" by Rush: 100% FC
"Go Your Own Way" by Fleetwood Mac: 100% FC
"Come Out & Play (Gotta Keep 'Em Seperated)" by The Offspring: 100% FC
"Aqualung" by Jethro Tull: 100% FC
"Carry On Wayward Son" by Kansas: 100% FC
"My Own Worst Enemy" by Lit: 100% FC

Now I remember why RB2 is the best in the series. Best song selection, best charting, and the most realistic tiering! RB3 was a fucking mess, and RB1 was a bit underbaked.

Kolma

Glad to hear the RB2 and LRB exports are out there for us XBone users. Will install tonight. So which songs exactly need to be manually searched for and installed? Just Livin' on a Prayer and You Give Love a Bad Name by Bon Jovi?

Also, bring on AC/DC and track packs now! Then work out all of the kinks to the pack exclusive and delisted songs and we will finally be good to go. Hopefully that's done by the April update with Setlists. Looking like once April is over this game will be at the point I was hoping it would be at when it shipped. Other than more song filters for Quickplay and lack of keys/pro-keys but I don't see these things getting added.

Some users are getting AC/DC in their ready to install too

None of it is playable though

*edit.. wasn't playable this morning. After a song cache check, It's there now :D

So I'm installing the 69 songs from Rock Band 2 that show up in the ready to download list. I grabbed the 2 Bon Jovi songs from the store that were part of the RB2 export but didn't show in the ready to download list. Are there any other songs that I have to grab from the store that are part of the export but don't show up as ready to download?

So I'm installing the 69 songs from Rock Band 2 that show up in the ready to download list. I grabbed the 2 Bon Jovi songs from the store that were part of the RB2 export but didn't show in the ready to download list. Are there any other songs that I have to grab from the store that are part of the export but don't show up as ready to download?

The Harmonix songs can't be downloaded yet.

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
hell yes, the last stretch will be the remaining dlc. ACDC, other legacy DLC, the 20 free pack, the hmx free pack, etc

opoth

Banned
hell yes, the last stretch will be the remaining dlc. ACDC, other legacy DLC, the 20 free pack, the hmx free pack, etc

I'm hype, still missing 120 songs or so (I have all exports other than the country track packs and a bunch of delisted DLC) but RB1-3 and Lego makes the game feel very complete now.

SFenton

Anyone know if account sharing works with exports on the console? I would very seriously consider offering XBL monies or something for a chance at being able to play Lego. :(

cakely

159 new songs appeared on my Xbox One "Ready to install" list after I downloaded the update for RB4.

I'm assuming that's Rock Band, Rock Band 2 and Rock Band Lego. Woot!

(this is in NA, btw)

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
Wait, they show up in ready to install? I've been downloading them one by one tracking them in the store like a sucker.

Also, I guess ACDC isn't up for everyone, mine still are bundle only.

cakely

Wait, they show up in ready to install? I've been downloading them one by one tracking them in the store like a sucker.

I had to patch and reboot to get them to show up, but yes.

When I first bought Rock Band 4, the only way to download anything was through the incredibly buggy store interface.

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
I had to patch and reboot to get them to show up, but yes.

When I first bought Rock Band 4, the only way to download anything was through the incredibly buggy store interface.

That's really convenient, Guess hmx was able to work something out with microsoft to make this a lot smoother, props to both.

There were two ways to download all the songs, either through the in game store or through the xbox one marketplace. I've done both and going through the in game store on rb4 is much simpler, even if it is still time consuming!

The two that showed as purchased for me in that store that I had to download directly from the store and not the ready to install section were Livin On a Prayer and Wanted Dead or Alive. I can't remember which RB game Wanted Dead or Alive came from though.

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
The two that showed as purchased for me in that store that I had to download directly from the store and not the ready to install section were Livin On a Prayer and Wanted Dead or Alive. I can't remember which RB game Wanted Dead or Alive came from though.

Rock band 1.

Yay, downloading my RB2 and LRB tracks now! I really wish there was a better way of being made aware of the songs and I that I didn't have to go through the wierd managing of the game data in the Dashboard to start the songs. Wasn't that the whole point of the "Exports" menu in the actual game? oh well, at least they work

So, Kung Fu Fighting doesn't work. Good riddance.

Ah yes, just noticed that. Excuse me while I play the worlds smallest violin.

tiniest_violin.gif

Fucking awful song to play.

pacman85

The AC/DC songs aren't showing up in the Manage Game section for me just yet. Looks like Harmonix is still getting some things ironed out with those. I'm positive I exported those songs though. Hopefully they show up soon!

Top Bottom