• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rock Band 4 |OT| We're Putting The Rock Band Back Together

EBreda

Ok so new Rock Band 4 owner here, XB version, had all the others on the 360.

Few questions if anyone can help:

* Which imports are available? And where to I go to purchase it? Can't seem to find it..
* Does it cost money even if I have all the discs imported to RB3? And I mean all: RB1, RB2, Lego RB, Green Day RB, Country packs, additional discs packs etc,?

This is more of a statement : I heard about the tedious process of finding all of your previous tracks dlcs and downloading them individually. Sounds horrible. But then I went to "manage game" and all my previously bought stuff was right there ready to install. 400 and something pieces of dlc. Did Harmonix change the process? Am I doing something wrong? What I saw there is not all of my DLC and I should still do the one by one thing and get bored to death? I really have no recollection of everything I bought so far.

Thanks!

Ok so new Rock Band 4 owner here, XB version, had all the others on the 360.

Few questions if anyone can help:

* Which imports are available? And where to I go to purchase it? Can't seem to find it..
* Does it cost money even if I have all the discs imported to RB3? And I mean all: RB1, RB2, Lego RB, Green Day RB, Country packs, additional discs packs etc,?

This is more of a statement : I heard about the tedious process of finding all of your previous tracks dlcs and downloading them individually. Sounds horrible. But then I went to "manage game" and all my previously bought stuff was right there ready to install. 400 and something pieces of dlc. Did Harmonix change the process? Am I doing something wrong? What I saw there is not all of my DLC and I should still do the one by one thing and get bored to death? I really have no recollection of everything I bought so far.

Thanks!

RB1, RB2, RB3, Lego RB, Green Day: RB, and Rock Band Blitz are all live on Xbox One and if you already imported them once you don't need to pay again. The exception being RB3 which is $14.99. I don't think the additional track packs are live yet on Xbox One.

I would just install everything that was in the Manage Game menu and then just go through the in game music store real quick to find anything you missed. Anything not installed is gonna be marked as Purchased instead of In Library.

EBreda

RB1, RB2, RB3, Lego RB, Green Day: RB, and Rock Band Blitz are all live on Xbox One and if you already imported them once you don't need to pay again. The exception being RB3 which is $14.99. I don't think the additional track packs are live yet on Xbox One.

I would just install everything that was in the Manage Game menu and then just go through the in game music store real quick to find anything you missed. Anything not installed is gonna be marked as Purchased instead of In Library.

Terrific, thanks!

Amneisac

Hmm, so Lego Rock Band songs aren't showing up for me in manage game even though I definitely have the entitlement confirmed for Xbone. I was able to download the RB2 songs, though. Hopefully they will show up tomorrow. Who would I even contact about that? Microsoft?

Kolma

FyreWulff

You have to, it's due to the "Blitz Soundtrack" not being put into your account history until the game prompts you to make the "free" purchase for it.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
So what's left? Porting over lapsed licensed songs like AC/DC and RHCP packs? I wonder if that's even a priority for them now, particularly given the uncertain future of the franchise.

FyreWulff

So what's left? Porting over lapsed licensed songs like AC/DC and RHCP packs? I wonder if that's even a priority for them now, particularly given the uncertain future of the franchise.

yes, they said before that expired songs were at the bottom of the priority list. exports first, then pack entitlements, then expired tracks

I switched consoles between RB2 and RB3 so I never exported and bah

Never got Lego either

looking back through the setlists theres only like 3 songs on RB2 I'd like to have but I'd really like to have them

and the free 20 songs because of BTBAM

but oh well

They said that they set up RBN in a way that the licensing works in their benefit for future exports, but didn't say anything about it being a priority or not

unless something changed, RBN I'd expect to be done after the expirations and pack entitelement stuff

opoth

Banned

RB4 itself is doing fine even if Mad Catz screwed up their peripheral bundling and pricing. Harmonix is happy with how the game is performing.

With future online play still on the table, I hope they can stick with this through 2017. All I ever wanted out of this game was RB on current consoles and 2-3 years worth of new content.

I believe it'll still get support for a few more years, it's just they only have their updates planned for the year for now.

zulux21

I believe it'll still get support for a few more years, it's just they only have their updates planned for the year for now.

I imagine as long as the dlc proves to turn a profit at all they will continue it.

I do wonder if they have to pay X fee per song to use, or if they can have it set up as a revenue share aka pay X per download of the song instead.

And the leaderboards STILL don't work. Jesus christ! Why the fuck is viewing your score tied to the leaderboard and not able to be viewed locally? I can't see most leaderboards and those that I can see my scores aren't there!

So, what's the deal with Love Stinks? I had it in my library, but I was missing the other two J. Geils Band songs. Refresh my library and the exact opposite happens, with no way of getting Love Stinks back. Does anyone else have this problem? And for the sake of curiosity, when you load the song is the artist "J. Geils Band" or "The J. Geils Band"? Thought Love Stinks was the former, but now I've not way to confirm as the others have the latter name.

pacman85

So, what's the deal with Love Stinks? I had it in my library, but I was missing the other two J. Geils Band songs. Refresh my library and the exact opposite happens, with no way of getting Love Stinks back. Does anyone else have this problem? And for the sake of curiosity, when you load the song is the artist "J. Geils Band" or "The J. Geils Band"? Thought Love Stinks was the former, but now I've not way to confirm as the others have the latter name.
I haven't had this same problem but I do know that Harmonix is stuck with putting whatever the name the band released the song under. There are a couple of songs from the band HIM or H.I.M. and they are the same band but under different artists because Harmonix said they are legally obligated to put them under whatever each song is released as. Perhaps if the songs show up under different artists (one with the "The" and one without), the same thing happened here?

I haven't had this same problem but I do know that Harmonix is stuck with putting whatever the name the band released the song under. There are a couple of songs from the band HIM or H.I.M. and they are the same band but under different artists because Harmonix said they are legally obligated to put them under whatever each song is released as. Perhaps if the songs show up under different artists (one with the "The" and one without), the same thing happened here?
That's pretty. odd. I have two songs by Panic at the Disco, one released when they went by that name, one when they went by Panic! At the Disco, but they're both listed together without the exclamation mark.

Anyway, it was an idea but I guess not seeing how Love Stinks won't even show up when I search for it, it might not be the issue.

Calcium

Banned
I got my pro-cymbal expansion kit in today. Man, it really makes drumming more fun. It took me like 15 minutes to get back into the rhythm of things, though. I initially went down to hard until I got a feel for the movement. I can still 5 star most songs, but for now gold is slightly out of reach for me. I'm just not fast enough switching from the pads to the cymbals yet.

vg260

I got my pro-cymbal expansion kit in today. Man, it really makes drumming more fun. It took me like 15 minutes to get back into the rhythm of things, though. I initially went down to hard until I got a feel for the movement. I can still 5 star most songs, but for now gold is slightly out of reach for me. I'm just not fast enough switching from the pads to the cymbals yet.

How responsive do you find them to be? Do you need to whack them pretty hard or does moderate tapping with the sticks work?

vg260

Just as responsive as the pads, really. I can just tap them and it registers.

Thanks. Maybe I'll try again with a different set later in the year. When I tried a set, they were prohibitively loud for me to use because of how hard I had to hit them.

pacman85

That's pretty. odd. I have two songs by Panic at the Disco, one released when they went by that name, one when they went by Panic! At the Disco, but they're both listed together without the exclamation mark.

Anyway, it was an idea but I guess not seeing how Love Stinks won't even show up when I search for it, it might not be the issue.
Awesome, well maybe they got permission to group them together under one name and updated the meta-data on the songs when they updated all of them for RB4. I thought I had read that recently and it was a response form someone at Harmonix. I could be wrong though, and hopefully I am because the OCD in me HATED that they were under different names.

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.

Man, I still need to get these. Managed to try an rb2 set with the old ones and it definitely changes drumming.

Awesome, well maybe they got permission to group them together under one name and updated the meta-data on the songs when they updated all of them for RB4. I thought I had read that recently and it was a response form someone at Harmonix. I could be wrong though, and hopefully I am because the OCD in me HATED that they were under different names.
It could just be that one artist though, the Panic songs have always been together. I haven't got any more H.I.M. songs though, so I can't check. Either way though, I've got a song missing and unlike the exports, I don't think that I can blame SCEE for this one.

Raide

Dumb question...can you mix the wireless RB4 guitars with the RB4 wireless adaptor thingy and use the older RB guitars ok? Secondary question, where can I get the adaptor in the UK without it being bundled?

FyreWulff

Dumb question...can you mix the wireless RB4 guitars with the RB4 wireless adaptor thingy and use the older RB guitars ok? Secondary question, where can I get the adaptor in the UK without it being bundled?

1. yes

2. only amazon has it unbundled

At first I was disappointed that Dancing With Myself wasn't the Billy Idol version, but seeing the release year of the Gen X one made me Google it. It is Billy Idol, just the version he did with his band before remixing it and releasing it as a solo single. Awesome.

vg260

At first I was disappointed that Dancing With Myself wasn't the Billy Idol version, but seeing the release year of the Gen X one made me Google it. It is Billy Idol, just the version he did with his band before remixing it and releasing it as a solo single. Awesome.

I just learned this as well. Only bummer is it doesn't show up next to the other Billy Idol songs as a result.

hunchback

I just ordered the guitar bundle for XB1. This will be my first Rock Band since the first one released.

Since I only played the first game, will I be able to buy and play the older RB music? Should I purchase the older game's and put them on my 360?

Thanks for any info.

FyreWulff

I just ordered the guitar bundle for XB1. This will be my first Rock Band since the first one released.

Since I only played the first game, will I be able to buy and play the older RB music? Should I purchase the older game's and put them on my 360?

Thanks for any info.

You can buy all Rock Band DLC dating back to RB1. If you buy the song for 360 first (which is going to be just songs that came out pre-RB4), you can play it on both 360 and the One. DLC from RB4 onward is RB4 only.

You can buy RB3 if you're interested in keys. Unfortunately you just missed being able to buy RB3 digitally, but if you find a cheap copy you can export it for 15$ into RB4.

The RB1, 2, Lego, and Green Day disc exports have expired, so you can no longer get those. You can buy all the songs from Green Day as regular DLC from the store, though. Harmonix has said it's possible that some songs from those discs can be re-released as DLC, but not to expect it.

hunchback

You can buy all Rock Band DLC dating back to RB1. If you buy the song for 360 first (which is going to be just songs that came out pre-RB4), you can play it on both 360 and the One. DLC from RB4 onward is RB4 only.

You can buy RB3 if you're interested in keys. Unfortunately you just missed being able to buy RB3 digitally, but if you find a cheap copy you can export it for 15$ into RB4.

The RB1, 2, Lego, and Green Day disc exports have expired, so you can no longer get those. You can buy all the songs from Green Day as regular DLC from the store, though. Harmonix has said it's possible that some songs from those discs can be re-released as DLC, but not to expect it.

Ok. Thank you for the info. Looking forward to playing again. It's the one game I can get my wife to play.

Top Bottom