• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rock Band 4 |OT| We're Putting The Rock Band Back Together

Kiko

Will I at any time be able to "purchase" Painkiller for RB4?
I see it on the Xbox Store but not on PS Store. I unfortunately don't have RB2 but am willing to pay full price for the song if only it would become available..

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Forgot to mention. I finally updated my guitar's firmware and wow, what a difference it has made. Previously, I'd get random disconnects here and there and after updating it, I haven't had a single disconnect. Yay.

https://twitter.com/RockBand/status/699246861241061377

CbQ5ULGUcAE2WXo.png

RIP Overkill

pacman85

dang, that's the one royal blood song i don't really like. i was hoping for little montster, out of the black or ten tonne skeleton. oh well.

vg260

So only one band left from their previous tease? That means one Tuesday in February still open?

Iron Maiden's tour starts next Wednesday.

Please be a Maiden pack like they did before that last one.

Still can't hear the RB4 mic vocals in-game. Kind of a bummer when the mic volume is already turned all the way up. I was hoping it'd be fixed in the patch.

vg260

Oh, wait, I read the calendar wrong. There are 29 days, but that's a Monday.

Oh well, still hoping for a Maiden tour DLC tie-in even if it's not until later when they start hitting the US in full.

CloudWolf

Is Zac Brown Band really that popular? I thought it would be them to get a single with Royal Blood and FFDP and that Motörhead would get the pack. Is it an American thing? Because aside from the name I don't think I've ever heard anything from the Zac Brown Band.

I'd prepared myself for Overkill. This is not Overkill. Still, I'll get it and Figure It Out. Never heard of Zac Brown Band before the announcement, but according to Wikipedia they're a country band so of course that's the most likely candidate for a six pack. Once the first pack came out the rest of the country music came out in spades, so it must sell.

I take it there's still no word on EU PSN exports?

pacman85

i would say it's most likely the zac brown band pack will include heavy is the head, chicken fried and some other odd song i'm not expecting.

D

Deleted member 57681

Unconfirmed Member
Wonder if Lemmy's wisdom in Thunder & Lightning will be censored...?

Get what you want, do what you can
You'll get more pussy if you're in a band

Also something about balls later on, I dunno.

FyreWulff

Going off BSSM, pussy is definitely getting censored

balls are everywhere in songs tho

They also surprisingly left in "Take out the dog, masturbate" Birth in Reverse (on disc)

"masturbate" was also left in for the Billy Joel's Captain Jack and Green Day's Longview

off the top of my head:

words that will NEVER be in Rock Band:

fuck
cunt (even the Cunt in Beethoven's Cunt song name got asterisked)
motherfucker ( the "mother" part was left intact for Killing in the Name Of)
Windows Vista

words that are in a song if they're used once, but not if they're repeatedly said:

goddamn (left alone in El Scorcho, removed in This Ain't A Scene)

everywhere:
bitch

zulux21

goddamn (left alone in El Scorcho, removed in This Ain't A Scene)

that one drives me absolutely bonkers.
it's a teen rated game and you can pull off goddamn in a y7 tv show it's just so goddamn stupid it got censored like that especially since it ruins the entire flow of the chorus :/

yes I purposely forced so goddamn in there just for the goddamn sake of it :p

I heard that they got the radio edit of This Ain't a Scene, and that's why it had all the goddamns taken out of it.

Yup. Censoring is usually out of HMX's hands. It's whatever the record label gives them that they have to use. Same thing happened with "I Write Sins Not Tragedies". God damn was censored in that song too.

FyreWulff

It's a little bit of both. This Ain't a Scene was quoted as a specific example by Harmonix of a song that repeatedly used goddamn, so it had to be the radio edit.

Other songs are definitely because that's what the label sent them though, yeah.

Guitar Hero still has the award for most pointless edit with "whiskey" in American Pie, though. Although half of Sir Psycho Sexy being mute is a solid #2.

It's a little bit of both. This Ain't a Scene was quoted as a specific example by Harmonix of a song that repeatedly used goddamn, so it had to be the radio edit.

Other songs are definitely because that's what the label sent them though, yeah.

Guitar Hero still has the award for most pointless edit with "whiskey" in American Pie, though. Although half of Sir Psycho Sexy being mute is a solid #2.

How about taking the word "High" out of .....I think it was 'Pink' in Guitar Hero: Aerosmith?

HMX's very uh....inconsistent censoring of goddamn is funny too (El Scorcho vs This Ain't a Scene...)

Picked up a replacement 360 at the weekend so my Blitz export is now sorted.

Also had a quiet night in on Saturday so I bought £20's worth of DLC.

An extra 45 songs has added an amazing new lease of life to the game, I wasn't really happy with the on disc setlist at all.

CloudWolf

Guitar Hero is the king of weird edits. There's also that time they cut the word "bedpost" from a Fall Out Boy song because it was part of a sex reference.

Or cutting out "kill" from "kill theunborn in the womb" and more weird shit. At least Harmonix is generally consistent.

FyreWulff

lol @ no Nintendo release and no online play

lol at certain DLC on Nintendo having all of 3 sales and 98% of all Rock Band copies never playing online

edit:

another funny censor is You Oughta Know.

"would she go down on you in a theater?"

down is removed.

So if you have static vocals or you were playing online:

"would she go on you in a theater?"

Industry news: Mad Catz to cut 37% of their workforce.

Activision hit with layoffs. FreeStyle Games, creators of Guitar Hero Live, were greatly impacted.

Dear Harmonix: Stay Alive!

Managed to find a brand new copy for XBOne with Legacy Adapter on Friday in GAME for only £29.99, so snapped it up. Spent a good portion of the evening downloading all my old DLC. Some was ready to download from "Manage Game", the rest I had to go through the store. Most simply said "Purchased" but there was a few that opened up the purchase page with a price of "0.00".

I was checking my emails this morning and noticed that one from MS with a PDF VAT receipt on saying that 2 of the packs downloaded (Nirvana 02 and one of the Slipknot ones) had been purchased. About £11 has gone from my bank account :-(

Anyone know the best way to get this recovered, or am I already screwed out of my hard earned pennies?

Yaari

Managed to find a brand new copy for XBOne with Legacy Adapter on Friday in GAME for only £29.99, so snapped it up. Spent a good portion of the evening downloading all my old DLC. Some was ready to download from "Manage Game", the rest I had to go through the store. Most simply said "Purchased" but there was a few that opened up the purchase page with a price of "0.00".

I was checking my emails this morning and noticed that one from MS with a PDF VAT receipt on saying that 2 of the packs downloaded (Nirvana 02 and one of the Slipknot ones) had been purchased. About £11 has gone from my bank account :-(

Anyone know the best way to get this recovered, or am I already screwed out of my hard earned pennies?

Just go to the Xbox Customer Service. I'm sure you'll get it back. I've had full games refunded for no reason. https://support.xbox.com/browse/billing

CloudWolf

Industry news: Mad Catz to cut 37% of their workforce.

Activision hit with layoffs. FreeStyle Games, creators of Guitar Hero Live, were greatly impacted.

Dear Harmonix: Stay Alive!

I remember a Rock Band 4 or Guitar Hero Live topic a while ago where people were really certain that GH: Live was a success even though I said I saw no sign of either game being a big success. Turns out I was right all along.

I'm sure that Harmonix will find a way to survive though. At least they are independent now, so no bigger corporation is deciding who stays and goes (like with FSG and Activision).

pacman85

I'm curious if they are going to go with same format they did this month of announcing all artists for the full month of DLC for all of March when they announce the Tuesday March 1st DLC on Monday February 29th.

FyreWulff

I'm curious if they are going to go with same format they did this month of announcing all artists for the full month of DLC for all of March when they announce the Tuesday March 1st DLC on Monday February 29th.

They're probably seeing if the month being announced gets more or less eyeballs than waiting until the day of. Or the exports backlogging weeks gave them enough finished songs to safely announce them.

Got "Thunder & Lightning" & "Figure It Out" from this weeks DLC, the FFDP song choice was a bit shit to be honest. Links to sightread scores below as well as quick impressions on the charts!

W6TZX0j.png

"Figure It Out" - Royal Blood | Expert Guitar | 98,387 | 100% FC
I don't think this song has a guitar part so you're playing two different instances of bass here! Get your anchoring finger ready, there's a whole bunch of hammer-ons that zig-zag up and down the fretboard here! Between that's just a bunch of steady strumming but for the short length of the song I actually had a fair bit of fun with it. Especially towards the end when your fingers have to dance all over the fretboard to keep a full combo. Kind of dig the song too, hadn't heard it before!

"Figure It Out" - Royal Blood | Expert Bass | 88,661 | 100% FC
Pretty much identical to the "guitar". Just with a few moments of dead air scattered throughout. If you enjoyed the prior chart this'll be right up your alley as well. Not much else to say here really!

y0uPYMV.png

"Thunder & Lightning" - Motörhead | Expert Guitar | 154,331 | 100% FC
Fucking excellent Guitar chart. Tons of offbeat steady strumming alternating between double and quadruple single note strumming, and the two solos are fantastic to play! Just the right mix of fun and challenge. Easily one of the best Guitar songs RB4 DLC has offered to date. Can't recommend this enough!

"Thunder & Lightning" - Motörhead | Expert Bass | 142,355 | 100% FC

What I love about Motörhead's basslines is how they contrast with the guitar, and this is easily the most accessible of all of the Motörhead DLC for bassists to date. Tons of steady note alt strumming and slight tempo changes, including a bunch of quick single note hammer-ons dotted throughout. Pretty fun!

Top Bottom