• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rock Band 4 |OT| We're Putting The Rock Band Back Together

D

Deleted member 57681

Unconfirmed Member
giphyo7s98.gif

Those were the days...

Some songs to be delisted by the end of the month.

Eric Cartman - “Poker Face”

Ace Frehley - “Outer Space”

Sweet Billy Pilgrim - “Future Perfect Tense”

PACK: REO Speedwagon/Styx Tour '09 (Removing 3 out of 7 songs and pack offer. The remaining 4 will stay in store as purchasable singles.)

Styx - “Blue Collar Man (Long Night)”

Styx - “Renegade”

Styx - “Too Much Time On My Hands”

PACK: Fleetwood Mac/Stevie Nicks 01 (Removing 6/6 songs and pack offer in addition to all songs.)

Fleetwood Mac - “Dreams”

Fleetwood Mac - “Gold Dust Woman”

Fleetwood Mac - “Landslide”

Stevie Nicks - “Edge Of Seventeen”

Stevie Nicks - “Stand Back”

Fleetwood Mac - “Rhiannon”

Even the Stevie Nicks songs? Strange, seeing how Stop Draggin' My Heart around hasn't been delisted and that was released before. I need to get the Styx pack while I'm at it, and I guess I'll listen to the singles I haven't got.

FyreWulff

Even the Stevie Nicks songs? Strange, seeing how Stop Draggin' My Heart around hasn't been delisted and that was released before. I need to get the Styx pack while I'm at it, and I guess I'll listen to the singles I haven't got.

Stevie Nicks or someone involved in both Mac and Nicks solo career probably not signing up again, while Petty owns Stop Draggin'.

Styx is also a band with continual legal issues.

Styx is also a band with continual legal issues.

All the Styx songs we got were written by Tommy Shaw. Guess he changed his mind about music games, or he wanted more dough.

Bizarrely, Band Hero managed to get the DeYoung-penned Mr. Roboto. It was also one of the few tracks from that game that didn't export.

FyreWulff

All the Styx songs we got were written by Tommy Shaw. Guess he changed his mind about music games, or he wanted more dough.

Bizarrely, Band Hero managed to get the DeYoung-penned Mr. Roboto. It was also one of the few tracks from that game that didn't export.

The Styx songs were also re-records (I think you know that, just stating for the thread) to deal with their legal issues with DeYoung. It could be that they're on their way to repairing relations with DeYoung and having DeYoung-removed versions of Styx songs would be a sticking point. DeYoung also started touring as DeYoung and of the Music of Styx since those songs came out, so maybe the situation has changed since then due to that as well.

D

Deleted member 57681

Unconfirmed Member
Fixed issue where characters’ heads could expand endlessly when game is paused.
Wait maybe I won't install the patch after all.

aaaah
Setlists and RB1 Export

I CAN ONLY GET SO ERECT

Edit: Patch notes

Individual song patching is the real feature here. Quite the list so far.

I hate to be the one to tell you...

The EU RB1 bonus songs aren't included in the export. And apparently aren't available as DLC in Europe.
Euuuurrrgh. Licensing. I hope they come as DLC, but given how half of them were delisted anyway...

I just want Rock 'n Roll Star in a recent Rock Band game. It's all I've wanted for so many years.

I hate to be the one to tell you...

The EU RB1 bonus songs aren't included in the export. And apparently aren't available as DLC in Europe.

One step forward, two steps out a window.

Edit: Going back to the game after a bit of a break in anticipation for the update and I've finally worked out what irks me about Rock Band. It's the instrument interface, I really hate it.

chunk3rvd

Installed the April update. How does the EU RB1 export work? Is it in the exports section or does it get added to My Add-Ons?

Also, if you search for "Export" on the EU store it looks like Green Day is close as the item shows for PS3/PS4. I added it to my basket and checked out but when you click "download to PS4" nothing happens

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
These latest updates aren't doing anything for me, but I'm glad features are being added every month. Online play is what i really want. ;(

Saw the leaderboard notes and thought I'd test the leaderboards as they were completely broken for me on XB1 before the April patch. Did a few different things:-

Checked "Newly Acquired" Songs played from the last few weeks of DLC without playing them post patch yet
"Everybody Talks" - pre-patch score uploaded without playing again.
"Zombie" - pre-patch score uploaded without playing again.
"Dreams" - pre-patch score uploaded without playing again.
"Ode To My Family" - pre-patch score uploaded without playing again.
"Figure It Out" - No pre-patch score uploaded yet.
"Thunder & Lightning" - pre-patch score uploaded without playing again.
Entire RB2 Setlist (Still in "Newly Acquired") - No signs of score uploads without replaying them yet.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Replaying songs that I had played before the previous March update that had 100% FC and Gold Star icons on the other hand had much more mixed results.
"My Own Eyes" - FC and Gold Stars registered on song select. Didn't have previous score uploaded pre-patch, set a new high score, uploaded the new score immediately after.
"Wicked Garden" - FC and Gold Stars registered on song select. Didn't have previous score uploaded pre-patch, set a new high score, score uploaded roughly 15 minutes after setting the new score.
"Stop!" - FC and Gold Stars registered on song select. Didn't have previous score uploaded pre-patch, set a new high score, hasn't yet uploaded the new high score (est: 25 Mins after playing and counting).

So yeah, it's seems to be mostly working! Curious as to how the leaderboards are actually updating though as the results so far seemed a bit mixed. I wonder if connecting to the leaderboard servers slowly updates your scores across the board and checks what you've played over the course of the last half a year. Interesting to say the least. I have over 1600 songs so I wonder if that has anything to do with the odd results.

D

Deleted member 57681

Unconfirmed Member
So does the RB1 PS4 export work for anyone in EU? Only heard of people getting this message so far:
CfeAQIiW8AAexqd.jpg

Same with me. Fucking LOL.

Edit: oh
HMXJoshHarmonix Social & Community Lead [score hidden] 3 minutes ago
FYI to everyone, the "button" to make this [the RB1 export] go live once everything is in order is a sync that can take upwards of an hour. This shouldn't have been affected by servers being down for the April patch, but just in case it did, we're trying to re-sync right now. If it's not working now for you, try again in 30-60 mins.

vg260

Now when will they change the scoring issue for stars if you change difficulty halfway through the song?

If you start a song on Hard, then even before the first note comes you switch it to Expert, it still puts the star threshold at the Hard level, and vice versa. So you could quickly five star an expert song since it is looking at needing a Hard score, but you can never gold star it that way since Hard doesn't have a gold star threshold.

The only fix is to change difficulty, then restart the song.

Is this still a thing?

Asking for...educational purposes.

Is this still a thing?

Asking for...educational purposes.
Yup. A Harmonix rep confirmed on here they have no real priority to fix it either since it won't affect leaderboards. Then there is the achievement cheat too. If your profile is signed onto more than one instrument, it will give you the achievement for the highest difficulty of whatever is being played. I was on expert guitar while my wife was on easy vocals on the same profile and it gave me expert vocal achievements.

vg260

Yup. A Harmonix rep confirmed on here they have no real priority to fix it either since it won't affect leaderboards. Then there is the achievement cheat too. If your profile is signed onto more than one instrument, it will give you the achievement for the highest difficulty of whatever is being played. I was on expert guitar while my wife was on easy vocals on the same profile and it gave me expert vocal achievements.

I really just want to finish career mode, as I really prefer simple quick play, so if it helps me breeze through faster, and doesn't screw up the leaderboards. I'm gonna try it. So you just start on hard, then pause, and restart on expert? Doesn't doing that completely rest your score?

Also, does finishing career mode make more venues available in quick play? I don't remember.

SFenton

I really just want to finish career mode, as I really prefer simple quick play, so if it helps me breeze through faster, and doesn't screw up the leaderboards. I'm gonna try it. So you just start on hard, then pause, and restart on expert? Doesn't doing that completely rest your score?

Also, does finishing career mode make more venues available in quick play? I don't remember.

I've finished career mode and I'm pretty sure there's only like three venues in the game.

I can really only distinctly remember two and there aren't any that are as memorable as RB2's or even 3's.

teddymeow

SCEE RB1 export going up today.

I can't download it. Export is available but when you click on it each song just has three dots next to them.

Only song on the list that's actually available to buy is Wanted... by Bon Jovi but I already own it.

Utter shambles of a game. Continually get server errors on the normal store too.

Top Bottom